AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-19, 22:05   Link #181
Johnny
Working the bags...

It did and then it did it's own thing at times, but I would say it stopped at around chapter 35. Although you normally always get a better aspect of things reading the manga...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 22:16   Link #182
Sol Falling

The manga is much better than the anime. But, if you just want to know what happens right now, you can pick up where the anime left off and just come back to read the manga again from the start later. It is certainly worth it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 22:17   Link #183
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seras View Post
just finished the anime, looking to read the manga. but i was wondering, does the anime follow the manga closely? can i pick up where the anime left off or am i better off reading from beginning and skipping chapters that was covered in the anime. thanks!
There are some scenes that are different in the manga. If you want to see the original story (not the anime variant of it), I highly recommend reading from chapter 1. Since there are only 66 chapters, it is not going to take that long anyway. =)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 01:46   Link #184
Seras

^Thanks everyone for your posts. I didn't know it was that short with only 66 chapters, I'll definitely read from from the beginning.
Seras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 10:40   Link #185
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

That was nice Still no drama.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 19:58   Link #186
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
^Thanks everyone for your posts. I didn't know it was that short with only 66 chapters, I'll definitely read from from the beginning.
But it's monthly release and each chapters had many pages, so...
Quote:
That was nice Still no drama.
I'm really liking this. There are many potential for needless drama but the mangaka doesn't go that route. Unlike many shoujo manga that I read where changing school seems like the end of the world to the main heroine, this manga made that plot to make their relationship much stronger I expect that in a few chapters we'll have another drama but I expect that it won't be as cliche as the other.

Oh and I really miss that handsome Misa-chan ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 15:27   Link #187
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I'm really liking this. There are many potential for needless drama but the mangaka doesn't go that route. Unlike many shoujo manga that I read where changing school seems like the end of the world to the main heroine, this manga made that plot to make their relationship much stronger I expect that in a few chapters we'll have another drama but I expect that it won't be as cliche as the other.
I know what you mean and that is why now I rarely read a shoujo because of this kind of scenarios where the author go for a force drama just to prolong the story or cliche situation.

Quote:
Oh and I really miss that handsome Misa-chan ;_;
Damn Misaki. Making a girl fall in love to her
Old 2012-01-25, 16:04   Link #188
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The manga is much better than the anime. But, if you just want to know what happens right now, you can pick up where the anime left off and just come back to read the manga again from the start later. It is certainly worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
There are some scenes that are different in the manga. If you want to see the original story (not the anime variant of it), I highly recommend reading from chapter 1. Since there are only 66 chapters, it is not going to take that long anyway. =)
Agreed - I thought the manga was much better, although I think they did a solid job on the anime adaptation - for that we should be thankful imo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seras View Post
Yes, yes! I think it will definitely be worth it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I (and others) have!
Old 2012-01-25, 19:43   Link #189
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wait what?
Spoiler:
i need to catch up..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:18   Link #190
Johnny
Working the bags...

Nope, Usui was the only one that changed schools...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 21:26   Link #191
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just finished reading Chapter 67

Spoiler for Reception on Chapter 67:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 04:18   Link #192
redflame

I have a question.

In Iragashi Tora's name.. Tora seems to be written like this: 五十
I'm learning chinese at the moment and from my knowledge those 2 characters mean 5 and 10. I checked on google to see what it means in Japanese, but it appears to have the same meaning. My question is, why and how are those characters pronounced Tora?
Old 2012-02-11, 04:54   Link #193
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
I have a question.

In Iragashi Tora's name.. Tora seems to be written like this: 五十
I'm learning chinese at the moment and from my knowledge those 2 characters mean 5 and 10. I checked on google to see what it means in Japanese, but it appears to have the same meaning. My question is, why and how are those characters pronounced Tora?
五十嵐 is Iragashi. 虎 is Tora. Since you are learning Chinese, you will eventually learn the Chinese character 虎. It means Tiger. =)

And you are right, 五 means five and 十 means ten. But if you put them together, 五十 means fifty. I hope that helps. =)
Old 2012-02-12, 00:09   Link #194
redflame

Quote:
五十嵐 is Iragashi. 虎 is Tora. Since you are learning Chinese, you will eventually learn the Chinese character 虎. It means Tiger. =)

And you are right, 五 means five and 十 means ten. But if you put them together, 五十 means fifty. I hope that helps. =)
Oh! That makes much more sense now . I feel like an idiot for not reading it as fifty . So what would Iragashi mean in english with those characters together? I searched up this character: 嵐 and it seems to mean a storm or a difficult problem in a Japanese meaning. So...to suit Tora's name.. 50 problems.. or diffculties? 50 storms? That part doesn't make sense Plus, its supposed to be a prestigious name for a rich family. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2012-02-12, 01:07   Link #195
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
Oh! That makes much more sense now . I feel like an idiot for not reading it as fifty . So what would Iragashi mean in english with those characters together? I searched up this character: 嵐 and it seems to mean a storm or a difficult problem in a Japanese meaning. So...to suit Tora's name.. 50 problems.. or diffculties? 50 storms? That part doesn't make sense Plus, its supposed to be a prestigious name for a rich family. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep yep. 五十嵐 roughly translates to fifty storms.

And yep, it is a popular family name. In fact, it seems a lot of companies and places are named after it; for example, the Igarashi clinic, the Igarashi Motor, etc. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any historical meaning behind it. It is possible that it is just a family name that keeps getting passed down. In ancient times, kanji's that had to do with nature were often used as family names, like 山 (mountain), 田 (farmland/fields), and 嵐. Unfortunately, I don't know the significance of the number 五十. =(

Speaking of which, Arashi (嵐) happens to be one of my favorite male J-pop group. I am also a fan of their variety shows. 8D
Old 2012-02-12, 04:20   Link #196
redflame

Quote:
Yep yep. 五十嵐 roughly translates to fifty storms.

And yep, it is a popular family name. In fact, it seems a lot of companies and places are named after it; for example, the Igarashi clinic, the Igarashi Motor, etc. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any historical meaning behind it. It is possible that it is just a family name that keeps getting passed down. In ancient times, kanji's that had to do with nature were often used as family names, like 山 (mountain), 田 (farmland/fields), and 嵐. Unfortunately, I don't know the significance of the number 五十. =(

Speaking of which, Arashi (嵐) happens to be one of my favorite male J-pop group. I am also a fan of their variety shows. 8D
Meh, oh well. Thanks anyway
Old 2012-02-24, 15:07   Link #197
konart

Spoiler for 68:
Old 2012-02-24, 15:09   Link #198
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

A flag has been set. SuzunaxYou
Old 2012-02-24, 15:29   Link #199
Sol Falling

I am seriously enjoying the extra panel-time Suzuna has been getting ever since her entry into highschool. Looking forward to more.

I am not so much a fan of the Hinata x Suzuna pairing myself, but I suppose I could live with it. No sense fighting it, I guess, if it's the way the manga seems to be heading itself.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 16:03   Link #200
amasposu

Suzuna moe!

I am happy to see Hinata is starting to accept that Misaki is with Takumi. I am totally for Suzuna x Hinata. =)