Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-28, 17:03   Link #2581
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baro05 View Post
Can anyone tell me how is the current relationship between Araragi and Hitagi?
Same as always, they are an informed relationship. However, their parents have already met and talked with each other so their relationship is progressing strongly.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 17:07   Link #2582
Baro05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Same as always, they are an informed relationship. However, their parents have already met and talked with each other so their relationship is progressing strongly.
Thx answer so quickly D
Baro05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 17:14   Link #2583
teja208
Critical fanboy

I just wanted to say, although I haven't read the book, so I don't know the exact details, but I pretty much figured out that...

Spoiler for some future anime content:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 18:00   Link #2584
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I just wanted to say, although I haven't read the book, so I don't know the exact details, but I pretty much figured out that...

Spoiler for some future anime content:
A quick google search (since I haven't read the novels either) shows that Hanamono takes place before Koimono, so it airing or not has absolutely no bearing on whether Kaiki survives or not.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 18:11   Link #2585
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
A quick google search (since I haven't read the novels either) shows that Hanamono takes place before Koimono, so it airing or not has absolutely no bearing on whether Kaiki survives or not.
Nope. It's the chronologically final book.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 20:04   Link #2586
GDB

Ah, my bad. Guess the site I was reading was listing production order rather than chronology. Though I've now found the chronology, and it looks like Tsukimonogatari is after Hanamonogatari.
Old 2013-12-29, 20:22   Link #2587
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Ah, my bad. Guess the site I was reading was listing production order rather than chronology. Though I've now found the chronology, and it looks like Tsukimonogatari is after Hanamonogatari.
I think Kaisos meant only for this season. Tsuki is part of the third and supposely final season.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 20:24   Link #2588
GDB

Ah, gotcha. The idea of "seasons" for novels throws me off still.
Old 2013-12-29, 22:37   Link #2589
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Just so we're clear, Tsuki takes place before Hana.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 06:14   Link #2590
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Ah, gotcha. The idea of "seasons" for novels throws me off still.
From the narrative point of view the separation is very interesting, the three seasons definitely feel like they're different stages of the story, even though chronologically they can be all over the place.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 23:37   Link #2591
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I just want to mention that its hilarious that every anime only watcher thinks Kaiki is dead. That is all.
Old 2014-01-01, 00:49   Link #2592
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I just want to mention that its hilarious that every anime only watcher thinks Kaiki is dead. That is all.
This is entirely Aniplex's fault.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 04:29   Link #2593
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

I think aniplex had the right decision to make the 2nd season 2 cours. We don't even know if shaft is lying about that hurr-durr 2 cours is hard to make fiasco and intentionally teamed up with aniplex to move hana to the last. Or might be Nisio's idea since we have never heard complaints from him. Split cour might be better in my opinion. But we'll see how they manage this mess.

This monogatari series second season +alpha thing going on should never exist though. WTF is that name.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 05:03   Link #2594
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
I think aniplex had the right decision to make the 2nd season 2 cours. We don't even know if shaft is lying about that hurr-durr 2 cours is hard to make fiasco and intentionally teamed up with aniplex to move hana to the last. Or might be Nisio's idea since we have never heard complaints from him. Split cour might be better in my opinion. But we'll see how they manage this mess.

This monogatari series second season +alpha thing going on should never exist though. WTF is that name.
Is Nisio a person who likes to complaint over the adaptation of his works?
Because so far I never heard any complaints from him regarding Monogatari, Katanagatari and Medaka Box anime...
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 07:39   Link #2595
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

^ I don't know. We'll probably never know. If he does, Hobunsha might just try to cover it up lol. I think it is good that he does not do it thus giving the people who adapt his works less pressure but it depends. Some people want a good lecture to boost their motivation.
Old 2014-01-01, 11:14   Link #2596
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

but overall I was pretty unhappy with the quality of the second season. Besides Neko Shiro and Otori, most of the arcs were badly paced and some of the animation were quite horrible too. Especially 26.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 12:38   Link #2597
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
but overall I was pretty unhappy with the quality of the second season. Besides Neko Shiro and Otori, most of the arcs were badly paced and some of the animation were quite horrible too. Especially 26.
Shaft have a tendency to exaggerate things like during the AraragxKaren fight where they were destroying roads and bridges.
Old 2014-01-01, 16:16   Link #2598
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Shaft have a tendency to exaggerate things like during the AraragxKaren fight where they were destroying roads and bridges.
Yeah but I thought that was done tastefully, and I think most of the exaggerated violence and destruction in the series is well done.
Though the second season monogataris don't really have all the much in the way of violence/action, compared to others but yeah.
Old 2014-01-01, 20:14   Link #2599
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
The pacing was quite good for me. I think the problem this time is the execution of some scenes. The feeling is very different from bake/nise/kuro. I can't help but think the series director didn't follow some of shinbo's storyboards and improvised too much. I don't have a problem with the animation. The blurays saved it.

Old 2014-01-01, 22:49   Link #2600
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Is Nisio a person who likes to complaint over the adaptation of his works?
Because so far I never heard any complaints from him regarding Monogatari, Katanagatari and Medaka Box anime...
The only time he talks about the adaptation is in the novels themselves.

As in Araragi and Shinobu comments on both the TV adaptations and the delay of Kizu. But of course SHAFT didn't incorporate that into the anime as it doesn't have anything to do with the story.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance