AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-04-15, 07:44   Link #11081
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Has anyone like really like some girl before and began to approach them with the goal making them your gf. But when you're coming very darn close to the goal, you suddenly lost all your interest/feeling for them?

It happened so many times on me that it isn't funny anymore, at first there a girl I really like and I'm seeing and talking with her almost every days until one I completely lost interest in her. From then on I'm actively avoiding seeing her and like there one time she has a same class as me, I used some random excuse to transfer out of that class. She not a yandere btw, we just happened to put in a same class together. She is a nice girl too, just that when I lost interest I feel extreme awkward and weird even by just being near her. Is this like even normal?
This is inevitable, as you get to know girls, they'll lose their mystique, and you'll realise they weren't what you were looking for.

Just be nice about it and move on.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 05:34   Link #11082
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

So I've been out with a few girls now, and the pattern I've been noticing is that I might have 2 or 3 dates, but then the chemistry fizzles out. Now I think I have two problems:

1. The only activities I've been doing is dinners and coffees. There's only so much you can talk before you start to run out of stuff.

2. I haven't really "built up" any intimacy, no kissing or even hand holding. So things basically drift into that "Friend zone" people talk about.

Now I think both problems can be solved with one solution, namely planning a greater variety of activities that also "break" the touch barrier. So far I've only come up with one: Social Dancing (Ballroom, Salsa, Swing etc.). I'm alright at it (though not amazing), it's unique and fun, and it requires physical contact (and so makes future intimacy easier).

However, I'd like to have more possibilities that I can use depending on the interests of the girl in question.

Any date ideas that you have found to give a fun time? I have a first date coming up on Monday that might be a good opportunity to try something out.
Old 2014-04-24, 07:37   Link #11083
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Just having interesting convo

1) do you ever in romantic relationship?
2) how do you differentiate like and love?
3) how does it feel to feel in love?

For note I don't have love problem atm. It just I never feel in love

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 18:31   Link #11084
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

When you're in love you're a bit obsessed with the person in question. You can't stop thinking about them, and you can't stop looking at them.

That's my figuring of it.
Old 2014-07-12, 07:03   Link #11085
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Don't know if anyone is experiencing rains of fire, floods, disease, famine and locusts
But prepare for Armageddon peeps, ...I got a date tomorrow

Odd situation I must say
2 weeks ago I've gotten in contact with a lady

If someone would've said I'd be going out with a financial sector employed, career oriented vegetarian who also likes soccer 10 years ago
Well,.. I'd still be cracking a smile over the idea now if I survived the outburst of laughter then

...but there are a few things in which we connect, and it's not like I would want to meet a lady who's the female variant of me
(I probably also matured a little over those 10 years - emphasis on 'a little' )

after only a week of contact (no mail-bombing back and forth, a few mails a day) she asked to meet 'live' which I consider a good thing:
Spending too much/long time communicating as your 'internet persona' can not work out well in a real life setting

Gotta prevent 2 things now:
-putting my foot in my mouth
-give a damn

The first is always a good thing, I envy a buddy of mine who always had the habit of going silent when he got nervous around a lady he fancied

The second is gonna be hard to pull off
I think it's a testament to my life when I say that I'm less worried about things going wrong, but would be screwed if things go right
From experience I've learned that the more I want/put effort into something, the bigger the chance is for mistakes and disappointment
BUT, in good conscience, I can't downplay the situation into "something trivial"
or treat it with apathy
just because I'm used to things going wrong doesn't mean I want them to, hell, I'm not a masochist

Ah well, I'll find out soon enough
Old 2014-07-13, 17:16   Link #11086
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well, judgment day has been averted for awhile

The lady in question did not feel a 'spark' and therefore decided not to continue further
Consider it a shame, not only did I have a conversation with a girl on equal terms since,...ever
but there was also more common ground than I expected

Can't force what isn't there

Back to the old "Shut off all emotions to continue functioning as expected"
Old 2014-07-14, 12:12   Link #11087
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
Well, judgment day has been averted for awhile

The lady in question did not feel a 'spark' and therefore decided not to continue further
Consider it a shame, not only did I have a conversation with a girl on equal terms since,...ever
but there was also more common ground than I expected

Can't force what isn't there

Back to the old "Shut off all emotions to continue functioning as expected"
Sounds just like me right now...back to the old routine of work, food, sleep with the occasional buddy sortie.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 18:28   Link #11088
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

I'm able to stay away form the buddy sortie 'till weekend
I've heard the BS cheerups before, and have no illusions that they'll be as shallow as usual

"Yeah, my goal was having a nice chat on a beachterrace, mission accomplished, I can rest peacefully now"
"Ok, since when is failure a boost of selfconfidence? Don't worry, I'll add it to the rest of my 0% succesrate"
"Enjoying the moment? Like that bubblegum I just spat out you mean?"

Edit:
Man!
It's been over a week and that gnawing feeling is beginning to bite...

Last edited by NightbatŪ; 2014-07-22 at 12:50.
NightbatŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 08:45   Link #11089
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Alright, so.

For any of the former usual suspects who's still reading and/or still gives a damn, an update on my situation. As of last Friday, 15/8/14, I am officially married.

Granted, my girl and I were simply registering at the local Registry of Marriages, which makes it more like an engagement than anything, and the wedding ceremony or whatever it might be would be held some time next year (in her hometown, for what it's worth). But either way, we're now husband and wife, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, end of the dating game for me. You guys and girls keep up the good quest.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 08:49   Link #11090
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Alright, so.

For any of the former usual suspects who's still reading and/or still gives a damn, an update on my situation. As of last Friday, 15/8/14, I am officially married.

Granted, my girl and I were simply registering at the local Registry of Marriages, which makes it more like an engagement than anything, and the wedding ceremony or whatever it might be would be held some time next year (in her hometown, for what it's worth). But either way, we're now husband and wife, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Did you have to apply for a special marriage license?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 08:51   Link #11091
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!

Did you have to apply for a special marriage license?
Nope, she has an S-pass, so all's good.

And thanks.
Old 2014-08-19, 08:56   Link #11092
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Nope, she has an S-pass, so all's good.

And thanks.
What I meant is this. *runs*

Btw when you are having the ceremony drop me a call on what wine you want. I might be able to pull some contacts.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-08-19, 09:01   Link #11093
Ascaloth

Quote:
What I meant is this. *runs*

Btw when you are having the ceremony drop me a call on what wine you want. I might be able to pull some contacts.
Heh. I'll shoot you if not for the fact I can see where you're coming from.

And I'll keep that in mind.
Old 2014-08-19, 09:12   Link #11094
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Heh. I'll shoot you if not for the fact I can see where you're coming from.

And I'll keep that in mind.
No worries. I got a bunch of contacts I can't wait to utilise. Applying for flat yet?

Can I be the godfather of your daughter-*is shot*.

Old 2014-08-19, 09:41   Link #11095
Ascaloth

Quote:
No worries. I got a bunch of contacts I can't wait to utilise. Applying for flat yet?

Can I be the godfather of your daughter-*is shot*.
Need her to apply and get PR first.

And no.
Old 2014-08-19, 09:54   Link #11096
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Why didn't she apply PR initially? As long as she has a fiance and a stable job, ICA would greenlight it.

And why can't I be the godfather? You can trust me!

Old 2014-08-19, 10:02   Link #11097
Ascaloth

She did, wasn't approved. And applying for PR was part of the reason for registering our marriage anyway. Not so easy to get approved these days.

And, still no.
Old 2014-08-19, 10:25   Link #11098
Kafriel
Senior Guest

GG Ascaloth, congratulations I'm still working on the whole dating thing but it really looks like I'm damn unlucky at times...

- I go camping to meet up with another 30 people.
- 13 of them leave less than 12h after I get there.
- Out of the rest, most girls are 19 year-old locals who come by at six pm and leave at midnight...and the rest (of the general "rest") are already in a relationship >_<

Not that I went camping to meet girls, but...it would have been nice to take one home as a souvenir :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 13:07   Link #11099
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Alright, so.

WOUH! Congratulations Ascaloth! May you guys have a long and happy marriage together
Old 2014-08-19, 13:34   Link #11100
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhāi)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Alright, so.

wow, grats, yo. i'm still on my dating game for now. i'll report
back as well once i'm officially married with my girl. we both just starting out right now, but i've known her for more than 2 years.

wish me best of luck as i'll also hope for the best for you and your newly waffle, man.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom