AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-30, 12:35   Link #1
frozen_night
Everlasting Snow

2007: Year of Expectations

Another year has come and gone.... And another will soon begin. I want to see what everyone expects to see in this coming year and their opinions on the anime series of this year.

What do you expect and hope to see from the anime studios this coming year? Any comments on the anime works of past years?
frozen_night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 12:44   Link #2
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
The 2 shounen from jump will start again (fillers ended)......

currently I will expect too much from Bleach and Naruto......

hmm 2006 is quite ok to me except from the dissapointing F/SN, though I'm still a Saber Fan....
Old 2006-12-31, 02:24   Link #3
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
OVAs are calling me.

But the TV series that were announced so far don't seem so interesting ;o

I want me some Higurashi 2 \(*o*)/
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 04:18   Link #4
Lotiman

The continues storyline of Bleach and Naruto.

The rest perhaps Ikkitousen 2nd series, Major 3rd season and Venus versus Virus.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 00:14   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Mecha, Mecha, More Mecha, and a reasonable restraint on the flow of poor H-Game conversion anime that seems to be flooding the market.

Perhaps some more good slice of life stories wouldn't hurt anything either.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 04:02   Link #6
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Lucky☆Star

There's nothing more moe~ than seeing tsundere Kagami, especially from the divine hands of KyoAni.

Last edited by kj1980; 2007-01-02 at 14:58.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 05:01   Link #7
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Bokurano will be godly and the best anime ever, if done right.
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi S2) will be awesome as well, judging from the novel.
5 centimeters per second will be the most beautiful thing ever made in earth.
Kino no Tabi -Only You- will be most probably brilliant and a nice add to one of my favorite anime series.
Rebuild of Evangelion will be awesome if Anno Hideaki is REALLY involved.
Romeo x Juliet had an OMGWTF trailer, but it's GONZO and you can never trust this company.
Seirei no Moribito (I'll just name it Sei0) had an OMGWTF trailer as well, and it looks like Production I.G. will give us great tv animation at last.
Les Miserables: Shoujo Cossette is an anime that's based on a classic I have no idea about, but I'll certainly give it a try.
Tekkon Kinkreet is Studio 4C, which means instant watch.
Genius Party is also Studio 4C, but not only that, it also has Masaaki Yuasa, Shinichiro Watanabe and Shoji Kawamori, which means CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT TO WATCH IT.
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo... I know it's 2006 but it hasn't yet been released on DVD so there are no fansubs.
Devil May Cry will certainly be interesting.
KISS DUM is Satelight so I'll watch it for sure, though I can't stand the title.
Higurashi 2nd Season... Nah, I'll just wait for the game to be translated.

That's all I can think at the moment.

Last edited by Quajafrie; 2007-01-02 at 05:18.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 05:03   Link #8
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

There´s a lot I´m waiting for actually.

Shuffle Memories
Bleach and Naruto getting back on track, and the One Piece storyline continuing to advance.
Zero no Tsukaima 2nd series
Evangelion franchise (I believe the first movie is scheduled for summer?)
Seirei no Moribito
Higurashi 2nd season
5cm per second (Thanks Arimfe. )

And then there´s of course the series I still haven´t finished, forgotten about or not yet discovered.

Oh, and just since I got goosebumps from the trailer. Michael Bay´s Transformers, live action movie, is highly anticipated by me aswell.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2007-01-02 at 05:20.
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 05:17   Link #9
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Higurashi 2nd season
Me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Shuffle Memories
Even though I'm a Kaede fan, I'm not expecting too much of it myself.
I mean I thought the 2nd half shuffle was catastrophic. It wouldn't surprise me if the director or scriptwriters bonk crashes their brains halfway through again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Agrees with 5 Centimeters per Second
It looks so gorgeous

If anyone have the time, check out the 2nd preview: http://www.mediafire.com/?bndfdzwijym
It's very short, barely 2 minutes, but it's so beautiful it could kill you

Promise^^;;
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 05:47   Link #10
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

For all the animes I anticipate, my expectations generally amount to zero and I don't really have that great of an expectations for any anime in particular even with all the hype and quality, but this year, Saiunkoku Monogatari Season II alone will be the sole exception. Unless they announce a Nadesico : Prince of Darkness sequel or something.

Anyway, I hope (( not going to happen, but I can dream )) that 2007 will increase it's mecha output in animes from the traditional super to real to mere anime accessories and less of an output towards anime with cute girls where people care more about the meidos and moe of the girls rather than the quality of the story and beautiful character development aka animes that would still be damn good even if it was potrayed by regular men instead of hot/loli/attached monicker girls.

And wishing a good year to Sunrise too.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 11:34   Link #11
andromeda0201

Looking forward to:
Seirei no Moribito
Romeo x Juliet (I'll follow blindly anything that involves Satou Junichi =D)
Nodame Cantabile
Saiunkoku Season II
Victorian Romance Emma Season II
Lovely Complex
Tsubasa Chronicles 3rd Season (hopefully the exciting arc would be animated well)
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 11:42   Link #12
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Lucky Star.
So I can see what KyoAni can do with a 4koma series.

Higurashi 2nd season.
Hanyuu!

Zero no Tsukaima 2nd season.
More Rie Kugimiya goodness

Venus versus Virus.
So I can hear Minori Chihara in another role.

Devil May Cry.
As they did it with Gungrave, Madhouse have shown they can pull something very solid off a videogame. I trust them when it comes to something as awesome as Devil May Cry.

I hope that a second season of Haruhi Suzumiya, by KyoAni, will be confirmed.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 13:32   Link #13
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Seirei no Moribito
Devil May Cry
Genius Party
Bleach (New Arc)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Trigun X.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 15:01   Link #14
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Seirei no Moribito definately the most anticipated for me. Gurren Lagann, Reideen and Romeo X Juliet a close second. Engage Planet - KISS DUM looks like it could be awesome (despite the title) and Studio Bones' two new shows Darker Than Black and Skull Man seem likely to deliver the goods. Others I'll be checking out are MOONLIGHT MILE, Sisters of Wellber, Bokurano and maybe Devil May Cry (out of morbid curiosity).

I was hoping to reduce the amount of anime I watch, but with some of shows coming up I don't think that's likely.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-02 at 15:11.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 15:05   Link #15
DanielSong39

In the dating sims genre... School Days and Da Capo II are the ones to watch for; I expect at least one of them to deliver.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 16:36   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm,
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi S2) sci-fi silliness and good production continue (we hope).
5 centimeters per second will indeed be beautiful and with 3 short stories, unlikely to suffer from stretched shallow angst.
Lucky Star I've thumbed the manga now .... I'm hoping for something lovely to add to the ranks of Azumanga Daioh and Ichigo Masimaru ---
Ichigo Masimaru OVAs ---'nuff said.

and in the Guilty As Charged mind-jello department:
Shuffle! Memories yes, I'm an idiot for expecting anything out of this ... but I'm hoping they repair the trainwreck and at least write a more logical cohesive convincing script because I liked the fricking characters and they all deserve a better script

and just so Kaioshin isn't completely adrift in space, I wouldn't mind a well-written story that happened to have mecha elements in it (be it comedy, drama, romance, whatever).
Old 2007-01-02, 21:55   Link #17
7Th
Mixtape

Darker Than Black - Tensai Okamura and Bones.
Bokurano - An amazing staff doing a great manga. Now, if only it wasn't by Gonzo...
5 centimeters per second - Shinkai isn't a very good writer, but his directing skills are top-notch. Also: it will surely be a visual pleasure.
Rebuild of Evangelion - Who cares about Anno?! It's by Kazuya Tsurumaki!
Romeo x Juliet - I weirdly have high hopes for this one. The staff has high pedigree, sure, but is IS a Gonzo animation.
Seirei no Moribito - IG gives Kenji Kamiyama a high budget for a TV series. I'm there.
Tekkon Kinkreet - Studio 4°C does Black & White. It's like a match made in heaven.
Genius Party - Omnibus film with lots of good directors, including the godly Koji Morimoto.
TokiKake - Yay, DVD release.
Raideen - I've never let an IG project pass by without giving it at least a shot.
Nodame Cantabile - I enjoy the manga, will probably follow the anime.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 22:10   Link #18
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi S2) will be awesome as well, judging from the novel.
Kino no Tabi -Only You- will be most probably brilliant and a nice add to one of my favorite anime series.
Romeo x Juliet had an OMGWTF trailer, but it's GONZO and you can never trust this company.
Seirei no Moribito (I'll just name it Sei0) had an OMGWTF trailer as well, and it looks like Production I.G. will give us great tv animation at last.
Genius Party is also Studio 4C, but not only that, it also has Masaaki Yuasa, Shinichiro Watanabe and Shoji Kawamori, which means CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT TO WATCH IT.
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo... I know it's 2006 but it hasn't yet been released on DVD so there are no fansubs.
KISS DUM is Satelight so I'll watch it for sure, though I can't stand the title.

My list exactly. When is Toki wo kakeru shoujo dvd finally coming out . I so want to see that film. Same go's for Paprika.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 23:05   Link #19
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Les Miserables: Shoujo Cossette is an anime that's based on a classic I have no idea about, but I'll certainly give it a try.
Higurashi 2nd Season... Nah, I'll just wait for the game to be translated.

That's a good list. Higurashi and 5 Cm per second.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 03:42   Link #20
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Same go's for Paprika.
Oh, I've already seen that And it wasn't that good.

I forgot about Nodame Cantabile... I haven't read the manga but I've heard good things about it, so I'll certainly give it a try.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote