AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-12, 23:21   Link #361
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i know they'll make up somehow, but i might as well ship for the pairing i want.
Old 2009-03-13, 00:11   Link #362
Enternal

Leerin Leerin Leerin!

But yeah, too bad for Mei. At least she won't give up anytime soon so that makes things interesting. She may not be able to fight, but she's not the type to back down easily either.

Potato scraper.
Old 2009-03-13, 22:21   Link #363
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
I totally agree, Felli and Layfon were just about to share a moment and then Nina came around and ruined it, dammit! I am definatly cheering on Felli and Layfon, I feel so much more for her character than for Leerin.
Well, I appreciate Leerin too. But I tend to like how felli interacts with fon fon a LOT.

But it might change. Leerin seems an interesting character. She doesn't come from a rich family (felli seems to be from a rich family, no?) and it will play on her personality. So I am waiting for her arrival to see how she will interact with Layfon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
LeerinxLayfon would be canon. Though I'm finding her a fun character. Still wicked fond of Felli though :3
I consider LeerinxLayfon to have the upper hand. Anyways~~ the writers might surprise us. He might as well end up with Nina We're only at ep9 and since I don't read the speculation thread for obvious reason (i can't read the novels), i just talk about what i saw, and so far, nothing is set in stone.
Old 2009-03-15, 00:51   Link #364
TrueKnight

So I thought I'd share the good news with you guys....

>.>
Old 2009-03-15, 03:50   Link #365
JediNight
キズランダム

Well Felli isn't petanko, but she has a ways to go yet ;D

まだまだだねー
Old 2009-03-15, 04:08   Link #366
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Anyone who had doubts about Felli being loli the swimsuit and swimming ring chased this away:P(Ok not the classical term ofloli but she sure had many loli vibes...more properly Shana/Louise/Taiga vibes:P...the only thing remained: breast envy )

And seeing the screenshots about ep 11 again:
Layfon nowhere near as big playboy as the SCP!
Old 2009-03-15, 04:37   Link #367
JediNight
キズランダム

Hmm well I think she just has never had a need for a swimsuit other than the "necessary" one for school before. Expect her to either buy a real one in that very episode, or for a future episode Also she seems like the type to find learning to swim frivolous in a world that is a giant desert...

But yes I don't think anyone would say the author doesn't play up on Felli having a "childish" side. And her chest size only seems abnormal from the angle that most girls in anime seem to either be C+ cup or petanko. Anyone thats like A-cup like Felli is always used as an excuse to have boob envy lol...
Old 2009-03-15, 04:57   Link #368
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It's true...And i think it's seems like Nina have only a school swimsuit too(perhaps it's natural for an extremely tomboyish girl...i guess she rarely thinks about herself as a girl...much more as a fighteror as a platoon captain.)
Now Nina's case with Layfon is somewhat interesting...she hates him(or maybe she just would like to hate him because of his ideals) while it seems like she trusts him at times the most(as it seemed at the end of ep 10)
I am a bit confused...sometimes it seems like Layfon understands her totaly(like he thought how she'll react when she finds out his past) and sometimes he surprised about her. Maybe he underestimates Nina?:P

While he understands Felli somewhat well...she feels like a caged bird. Spoiled, tend to be jaelus and can be farly abusive. But at least she accepts him and even willing to change for him(even if just slowly)

I have an impression that Layfon somewhat as manipulative as the SCP:P...he hides that with the dumb attitude, but he sure can handle the people well...or just my edxpectations are high?
Old 2009-03-15, 06:36   Link #369
TrueKnight

Nina classifies as a diehard tsundere right now with his unique relationship with Layfon but I feel she's gonna understand Layfon in the future. Felli already fallen to Layfon, why else she let Layfon's shoulders touches her thighs and maybe her hips directly lol. Leerin right from the start, Mei afterwards.

Somehow my gut tells me next ep we'll have them girls spilling of beans on their opinions on Fon-fon, but seems the boobs envies are also inevitable...

*waves Fon-fon x Felli flag*
Old 2009-03-15, 18:12   Link #370
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
OMG I saw +1 for Mei.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-03-15, 18:17   Link #371
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
lol Student body president is a pimp.
Old 2009-03-15, 21:26   Link #372
Arkard

Spoiler for Layfon's Choice:
Old 2009-03-16, 02:46   Link #373
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Quote:
Nina classifies as a diehard tsundere right now with her unique relationship with Layfon but I feel she's gonna understand Layfon in the future. Felli already fallen to Layfon, why else she let Layfon's shoulders touches her thighs and maybe her hips directly lol. Leerin right from the start, Mei afterwards.

Somehow my gut tells me next ep we'll have them girls spilling of beans on their opinions on Fon-fon, but seems the boobs envies are also inevitable...

*waves Fon-fon x Felli flag*
Actually, I think Nina comes off as more of a bokukko overall than anything else, being the "tough squad leader who wants to become more powerful to protect what she holds dear".

Am I the only one that finds it very difficult to fathom the possibility of a romantic Layfon x Nina ship beyond being something like partners in combat? The only way I can see it happening is through forced circumstances (like the island stranding of Cagalli and Athrun in Gundam SEED), but beyond that, nothing less than character flanderization may make it seem possible...
Old 2009-03-16, 04:29   Link #374
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It's just Nina's exterior...she forces herself to being that way. Actually she have a way more girlish side(and it's somewhat childish too)
I found two unique(in contrast with the other girl's) relationship with Layfon:
-the only one who isn't head over heels for Layfon(even Felli that way in her own method:P)
-childish side...her hard curtain sooner or later melts and she'll act morelike a girl.
Old 2009-03-16, 07:30   Link #375
GreenLama
Banned

I just feel that Nina is just set in her way of being the captain or the boss or whatever and tries to shut her other side off in fear that she may look weak, a lot of this comes from the platoon being weak for so long until Fon-Fon showed up that I think she does it to keep them looking "hard", when they are not.
Old 2009-03-16, 07:45   Link #376
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaluen View Post
Am I the only one that finds it very difficult to fathom the possibility of a romantic Layfon x Nina ship beyond being something like partners in combat? The only way I can see it happening is through forced circumstances (like the island stranding of Cagalli and Athrun in Gundam SEED), but beyond that, nothing less than character flanderization may make it seem possible...

Strange that, as I think the exact opposite of you. Among all the possible pairings (discounting Leerin since she’s still far too much in a blank slate right now), I believe Layfon/Nina could work out quite well. We’ve seen how they interact when having issues and without; when it’s the latter, there is a sense of mutual companionship and comfort they share, like two old, very good friends, none of which I see with Layfon/Felli as of now. Add to that, Layfon’s constant concern over Nina (episodes 4, 5 and 8), when we don’t see (or the anime doesn’t show) the same sort of worry from Nina’s much longer comrades – namely Felli and Sharnid.

When they do have issues, I like that they talk about it (although I’m not denying that Nina can get aggressive about that at times, something which is very much part of her idealistic naiveté, but that’s another topic all together) and develop from it. They don’t just blindly follow each other’s ideals, which is the vibe I get from Leerin as of now, they reason out and open their eyes to the other side, even for just a moment. Their handling (and possible development) from such gray areas is both fascinating and productive in the long run. In a way, they bring out the best in each other, and I think that sort of friendship and willingness to open up and, more importantly, to listen is a very good foundation for romance.

I don’t actually think Layfon/Nina will be canon though, as the whole childhood friends bit between Layfon and Leerin is a bit of a shield for them, albeit not a very good one, but I suppose that’s what you get from a character you rarely see. That could change, of course, but softening up to a barely there character is not easy.
Old 2009-03-16, 07:50   Link #377
Nosauz

Wait have you ever seen romance? childhood friend is like insta gib in the romance category, I could list the long list of casualties and boy is it long. Brave soldiers lost hope during the war on love... Anyway the most appealing relationship is FonfonxFelli at the moment, the dynamic they have is quite entertaining in the show and it just shows the natural chemistry between the two. But then again after seeing so much anime shipping at this point is like playing russian roullete.
Old 2009-03-16, 08:02   Link #378
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Wait have you ever seen romance? childhood friend is like insta gib in the romance category, I could list the long list of casualties and boy is it long. Brave soldiers lost hope during the war on love... Anyway the most appealing relationship is FonfonxFelli at the moment, the dynamic they have is quite entertaining in the show and it just shows the natural chemistry between the two. But then again after seeing so much anime shipping at this point is like playing russian roullete.
Is this directed at me? I'm saying being childhood friends mean absolutely nothing for me personally unless we're shown that they are interesting characters in their own right. Further expositions (and by that, show not tell) as to how their relationship developed and will develop is needed as well, otherwise, why should I care?
Old 2009-03-16, 08:13   Link #379
Nosauz

claimin that leerin has a shield in the romance category especially with the development between nina and felli seems quite preemptive. Leerin has very little revealed about her, so at this point claiming plot shields seems a little too early plus too many childhood friend is usally not conisdered a shield.
Old 2009-03-16, 08:24   Link #380
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Childhood friends most of the cases have the upper hand in romance...It's the sam with Leerin. She knows Layfon for a long time and they constatly exchanging letters. Perhaps for Leerin Layfon's smell means almost as much as his writing:P. I'm not sure how Layfon thinks about Leerin, but one thing is certain: Currently Layfon thinks that no other human can understand him, just Leerin. And Leerin at least close friend for him(or a sister...very little chance that Layfon have romantical feelings towars Leerin)

About Felli and Fon-fon: Their relationship somewhat static for me. Practicaly in every episode:
Felli questions-Layfon Answers-Felli kick/punch!(perhaps it's a very rough summary)
Nina'scase: Quite fluctuating...to start with they have only two things in common: Willing to protect others and both military artists. Both of them influences the other and they're often misjudge the other. Until Ep 9 their relationship developed the fastest...but from then it's halted(perhaps on the other hand maybe Nina finds out that she likes Layfon with that development)
Closed Thread