AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-06-14, 13:41   Link #241
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Indeed it is. I hope that it'll also serve as a delay for them to start off S2, so we won't have to wait again after watching the finale.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 20:57   Link #242
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Indeed it is. I hope that it'll also serve as a delay for them to start off S2, so we won't have to wait again after watching the finale.
yep i dont want to wait for another year for S2 it will kill me
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 08:32   Link #243
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
i'm afraid the later news both 24 & 25 won't be aired on TV broadcast until the last Final DVD released on september
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 08:37   Link #244
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
i'm afraid the later news both 24 & 25 won't be aired on TV broadcast until the last Final DVD released on september
Is that your fear or actual news? The way you've worded your post is very unclear.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 09:26   Link #245
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

That's definitely not actual news, but only a deadline for speculation about the two eps' release. If the DVD is, according to official information, to be put on sale in September, then 24 & 25 must be released to the audience before that date - and I'm talking, of course, about the tv airing, not the theater screening, which is, IMHO, only a small tease to whet the larger fanbase's appetite.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-06-17 at 11:23.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 11:14   Link #246
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
sorry, only kidding. *oooo. can't wait.*

Which Side Are you On? Order of the black Knights VS Britannian Empire?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 06:12   Link #247
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I saw anidb.net list the episode 24 and 25 air date on July 21st. Maybe that might be the air date. At least i hope .
Old 2007-06-24, 06:16   Link #248
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I saw anidb.net list the episode 24 and 25 air date on July 21st. Maybe that might be the air date. At least i hope .
That's the first private theater screening for eps 24 & 25 in both Tokyo and Osaka...not the TV air slot. I guess they only take in count the first time the eps were released to the public, and not the means (theater, tv, streaming download, direct-to-DVD, etc).
Old 2007-06-24, 15:19   Link #249
Aurelia aurita
???

July 21-22 is for the theaters.

24 and 25 are airing on Saturday, July 28 at 26:25.
Or at least that's what Moonphase says for now(scroll down to 07/28).
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 19:54   Link #250
Fome

Ok, this question may have been asked, but I have no idea how I could go about phrasing it so I can search for it.

Why is Code Geass in the old series forum?
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 20:27   Link #251
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Ok, this question may have been asked, but I have no idea how I could go about phrasing it so I can search for it.

Why is Code Geass in the old series forum?
because the post counts in this section is so low
but that will change when the last 2 episodes air YAY!
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 10:29   Link #252
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

It's because it's not on air anymore. It may change for the ep 24&25 but it'll definitely change when s2 arrives.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 07:12   Link #253
ringo89

mmm...

i want to ask about the episode when shirley and suzaku were blushing...

what episode is that??

thx!
ringo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 21:03   Link #254
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

That is Episode 7, Lelouch has gone to face Cornelia and Shirley tells Suzaku how she likes Lelouch then they trip while fighting over the phone with Suzaku calling Lelouch about Shirley's confession. and they land face to face blushing. Hope this helps.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 06:54   Link #255
ringo89

thank you for the answer

it's really help

i was really waiting for the reply

because i forgot about that scene! ^^

ah! i forgot!

i also wanto ask about hitomi's song "alone"

has that song been played in the anime?

if yes, in which episode??
ringo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 20:46   Link #256
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Okay, I started watching CG today and I have to ask this...

I understand Britannia is supposed to be an "what if?" in regards to the European monarchies of old, where they survived, beat the rebellions in the Americas and elsewhere, blah blah...

But is Britannia representative in any way ever during the series of America? Like, I mean, is their seat of power in the U.S. or something?

Because I AM REALLY SICK AND TIRED of my country constantly being the "bad guys" in anime. Okay, I know the Japanese aren't terribly fond of us, but JESUS CHRIST... It seems like every anime, the U.S. or some representative-entity (see Atlantic Federation in the C.E.-verse of Gundam, the AE in GitS, even the Americans in frickin' 801 TTS Airbats!) is the "bad" nation.

I mean, can't the Japanese get creative and make some African, Middle Eastern, Asian, or other-Euro (not Britain, since that is usually lumped in with the U.S.). to be the bad guys? Seriously. >_> It would be REALLY nice to see the U.S., for once, in an allied role with the good guys (with Japan prolly as the leader nation since anime is Japanese, after all) or even just neutral (and not neutral because they got destroyed in some war a la Ghost in the Shell).

Okay, done ranting... Recap:

Is Britannia representative of the U.S.? Or am I to understand correctly that it's representative of ONLY European monarchies in their heyday and that North America just happens to be a conquered territory, subjugated like Japan?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-08-01 at 06:40.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 01:01   Link #257
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

Dont freak out JagdPanther, the old japanese government is also portrayed as far from good. According to a sound episode japan used to use its economic power to screw other nations over and enrich itself and when it tried to do that to brittania it got screwed. At first glance it may appear that the series is biased to show the japanese as good people being opressed by the bad britannians but lets not forget that the main character is a britannian! Furthermore many japanese in the show are terrorists! I would argue that the reason that japan is where the show takes place is because the shows creators are japanese and so have the most knowledge about the area in and surrounding japan and that makes it easier to create material for the show.

Code Geass takes place in an alternate universe where the american colonies lost the american revolution and brittain became way more monarchichal(if thats a word) continuing to conquer and subjugate other peoples. Of course there is debate about where the seat of brittanian power currently lies, and if its in north america or still on the british isles.
Ky-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 06:44   Link #258
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-66 View Post
Dont freak out JagdPanther, the old japanese government is also portrayed as far from good. According to a sound episode japan used to use its economic power to screw other nations over and enrich itself and when it tried to do that to brittania it got screwed. At first glance it may appear that the series is biased to show the japanese as good people being opressed by the bad britannians but lets not forget that the main character is a britannian! Furthermore many japanese in the show are terrorists!
Ah, I don't think I've reached that yet.

I've actually only watched the first two episodes, but I <3 spoilers so I tend to read ahead about series. LOL

Quote:
I would argue that the reason that japan is where the show takes place is because the shows creators are japanese and so have the most knowledge about the area in and surrounding japan and that makes it easier to create material for the show.
And that makes sense and I understand why it is so for most series. I just would like to see my country allied with or neutral to Japan for once (since we are, in fact, close allies in the real world) in an anime. Just for a change... Make someone ELSE the bad guy. >_>

Thanks for the answer.

Old 2007-08-02, 17:11   Link #259
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I'm pretty sure there was a review that stated that the intention was about changing the world and moving forward instead of having someone else do it. So politics would be moot.

DVD dramas has Lelouch stating(In defense against Suzaku who accused Britannia of being evil) that while Britannia colonizes, Japan oppresses other less fortunate nations through economics due to its sakaradite monopoly. Zero's description of Kirhia and his support of Genbu's "behind the door politics" also indicated some dark stuff going in the back.

There were also radio dramas or something that gave a little more insight to Japan and that Genbu wasn't a very nice guy.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 17:36   Link #260
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
DVD dramas has Lelouch stating(In defense against Suzaku who accused Britannia of being evil) that while Britannia colonizes, Japan oppresses other less fortunate nations through economics due to its sakaradite monopoly. Zero's description of Kirhia and his support of Genbu's "behind the door politics" also indicated some dark stuff going in the back.

There were also radio dramas or something that gave a little more insight to Japan and that Genbu wasn't a very nice guy.
Yeah, I've watched past these points already so I understand a little bit more about the story now.

I'm still up in the air about which side I'd... side with. Britannia is pretty bad. Kinda racist. Kinda like a WW2 Japan. Japan, as I now understand, was also pretty low, so I don't know if I wanna root for the JLA (yes, even though...
Spoiler:

and I am really not a fan of the Order of the Black Knights. I REALLY don't like how Lulu wants to do things. He seems just as nuts if not more than some of the Britannians. Yeah, I can fully understand his anger at the death of his mom and the maiming of his sister, and his desire to make a safer world for the latter, but... When your intention is to create a world government (basically) on your own personal desires (and you really would have to convince me that he's thinking about anyone but himself; making a world just for Nunnally is super selfish when you think about it).

Gah, getting off topic...

Sorry.

Tags
q&a