AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-08, 10:32   Link #1
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Kashimashi ~Girl meets Girl~ licensed

Since Media Blasters have licensed Kashimashi - Girl meets Girl (source) AnimeSuki will no longer list torrents for it. In addition, the following posts are no longer allowed:
  • Asking where you can find Kashimashi downloads.
  • Providing links to Kashimashi downloads.
  • Discussing Kashimashi fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Kashimashi.
  • Asking for playback help for Kashimashi episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed, but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. Discussion about the DVD releases are also welcome. This thread may be used to discuss aspects of the license.

If a Mod notices anyone breaking these rules then expect to be banned from the forums. It's unlikely a warning will be given and do not expect to be notified, you will just be banned. Please use the Report button if you notice any of the above rules being broken.
Old 2006-11-08, 13:26   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Since Media Blasters have licensed Kashimashi - Girl meets Girl (source) AnimeSuki will no longer list torrents for it. In addition, the following posts are no longer allowed:
  • Asking where you can find Kashimashi downloads.
  • Providing links to Kashimashi downloads.
  • Discussing Kashimashi fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Kashimashi.
  • Asking for playback help for Kashimashi episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed, but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. Discussion about the DVD releases are also welcome. This thread may be used to discuss aspects of the license.

If a Mod notices anyone breaking these rules then expect to be banned from the forums. It's unlikely a warning will be given and do not expect to be notified, you will just be banned. Please use the Report button if you notice any of the above rules being broken.
Well THATs interesting to hear. I've completely lost any rational understanding of what gets licensed and what doesn't. Kashimashi was a very entertaining show but (looks wistfully over at Mahoraba:Heartful Days)... ... ...

Something else to put in my "to buy" queue now....
Old 2006-11-09, 04:12   Link #3
Kensuke

I really hope that the OVA is included in license.
Old 2006-11-09, 04:56   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.. that episode was actually included in the Region 2 DVD set... so it'll naturally follow along into the Region 1 license distribution since they license the DVDs, not the television broadcasts.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:33   Link #5
martino
makes no files now

Funny that it got licensed right after the OVA got released. Well, maybe more like "it makes sense", but I wasn't really expecting this...
Old 2007-03-04, 03:28   Link #6
SA10
NHK Victim

Send a message via Yahoo to SA10
(first i must apologize if my avatar or siggy is off, I haven't been here in a while)

Has MediaBlasters released any of the dvds in the US yet? All i seem to be able to find are manga releases, and if so, what the heck? why are they hiding this information from me?!?! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS??

sorry, just anxious to get my girls on disc finally!

and maybe free up some HD space... ^_^
Old 2007-03-04, 06:10   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Kashimashi has been licensed and the DVDs are due to be released during the year.

Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl - Vol 1: Role Reversal
Release date 12th June 2007

DVDPacific $12.50 (the retail price is $19.95)

There still appears to be some confusion over the exact details. AoD have listed the first (of 4) DVDs will be 125 minutes (i.e. 5 episodes) but this doesn't make much sense. The series is 13 eps (since the OVA will most likely be part of the license deal) and if there are 5 eps on the first DVD, then that means there will be only 8 eps over the next 3 DVDs. It's more likely that there is a mistake and there are either a total of 3 DVDs (for the 13 episodes, 5/4/4) or if there are 4 DVDs in total then the first DVD only contains 4 eps (4/3/3/3)

There is also the issue of the price ($20), most people have taken this to be a sure sign that the DVDs will be subtitle only, no English dub track.
Old 2007-07-31, 22:36   Link #8
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I bought mine for $14.99. And yes, there's no english dub so I guess that's why it's cheap no?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-08-04, 21:21   Link #9
zerograde

Just a heads up. Rightstuff is having a sale on all Media Blasters products, so you can get the last 2 volumes for about $8 each.
Old 2007-08-05, 19:17   Link #10
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Lucky,

After looking for months I managed to find volume 1, in the only bookstore here that sells manga. Borders. It had been listed for a while as in shelf, but I could never find it, then it suddenly showed up in the new fiction section, volumes 2,3 are listed as special order, maybe they'll become normal too. It looked like they had at least sold one other book before I got mine. It was $23.95

Anyway I'm glad I have it

First anime purchase!
Closed Thread