AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 01:01   Link #681
FuzzyWuzzy

I love Amnelis also. She got a lot of development.
Istovan, I only started liking him in episode 26 when he swears allegiance to Doal.
The main characters got a lot of development but the villains and sub characters didn't get any which is really the only thing I didn't like.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 12:06   Link #682
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
My review

Spoiler for harsh:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:51   Link #683
klare

finally manage to watch eps 26

the feeling is like this is season 1, we dont even have any info on the origin of Guin, what will happen to Amnelis? Naris vs Remus? who will Linda choose? is Istovan only a dreamer after all? so many many things unanswered...

to me the best part of the show is always when Guin fighting to protect the twins, he is a typical old-style hero that no one can defeat him, he always win in the end

the not so good part is the sometimes slow pace, escpecially the Naris-focused episodes

the worst part is when big battle is shown, i can only say the story (maybe the novel is better) always disregard strategy and logic while involving army controntation

and Istovan is right, Guin tends to lecture a bit too much, but he is still cool

Overall rating: 7 (could be much better)
Favourite character: Remus (his change in the later part is interesting and Linda is a disappointment after a strong start)

hope the show will continue with some improvements made
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 02:39   Link #684
OkamiNoKaze

This series was great, Guin is a bad ass, I wonder if he could take He-Man or Conan? the music in this series was epic, you could definetly tell it was done by the Final Fantasy Composer. In fact I could totally see this story as a the plot of Final Fantasy game. I also enjoyed the little comments by the subtitler, they really added to the experience.
Old 2009-12-13, 03:02   Link #685
BulletRain
Fell From Heaven

I agree the series is awesome. I really hope there is a 2nd season, I want to know Guin's origins.
BulletRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 18:41   Link #686
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletRain View Post
I agree the series is awesome. I really hope there is a 2nd season, I want to know Guin's origins.
/agree

I found that the series dipped a bit in the middle, with the Naris arc, but it picked up towards the end and whetted the appetite for more.
Old 2010-02-05, 13:44   Link #687
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Woah, so this was a pretty epic series. And 126 Volumes to work with too, no FILLERS!

Anyone know if they are going to make a second series for it? And just who was the real Princess of Light?
Old 2010-02-06, 17:35   Link #688
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

No information yet regarding a second season. I'd be really surprised we we had one.
Old 2010-02-08, 02:05   Link #689
Feedert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
And just who was the real Princess of Light?
It's Amnelis, right?

Because the prophecy is that Istovan will become a king by marrying Princess of Light, and Istovan did become the King of Mongoul by marrying Amnelis.....
Feedert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:26   Link #690
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletRain View Post
Me too. Too bad the anime is not likely to get a second season. I'd like to know if Guin's origins were revealed in the novels. After 126 volumes, I sure hope so, but you never know.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 10:07   Link #691
klare

i do hope a 2nd season will happen, feel like we only seen a little piece of something big
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 19:53   Link #692
AnimeFangirl

We have. I've been reading up on the Guin Saga on j-wiki and we have a long, long way to go. A second season will cover more of the "good parts" of the series, but after the first 40 or so volumes, it sounds like the quality really drops off.

The covers

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2010-08-29 at 20:04.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 19:24   Link #693
lililovelilica
lili claire

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedert View Post
It's Amnelis, right?

Because the prophecy is that Istovan will become a king by marrying Princess of Light, and Istovan did become the King of Mongoul by marrying Amnelis.....
So it's really True that Istovan get married with Amnelis,and that Amnelis killed herself,and that Rinda have to get married with Marius(Political excuse)and Becomes the Queen of Parros cause her brother got out of the throne...
And since the writter Kaoru died,we won't get an end to Guin?
How Sad....I love The Guin Saga Series...I haven't read all the books,Just 10 of them because a friend of mine borrowed to me...
I think that Guin is not a Human at all,but he's not an evil person,he's just like Aslam,the character(Lion)of Narnia,a creature that just wishes justice above all!
Guin's lover,Aura maybe she's really a princess who's waiting for his return.
I don't know yet,but Kaoru-sensei's writting is pretty good,even if it's very loooooooooooong(about 300 pages)it's very stimulating fantasy story.
I wish i got all of her books(looks like she was working at the 129°book but then loose to Cancer.)my only option is-(To ask Kaoru-sensei when i Die about this:What the hell is the ending about?I want to know so much!I have the right to know since i'm a writter as well and i'm a big BIG FAN!)
lililovelilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 00:20   Link #694
Konor of the skies

hey this is konor of the skies if you want to see my Guin saga/skylander crossover story. go to fanfiction net and searce "Skylander saga" Make sure you leave a review!
Konor of the skies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, satelight