AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-21, 02:17   Link #141
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
My nick is WaffleToaster, in the gmt+1 time sone, central Europe atm it is 8:14 pm while typing this out =P
Yesterday evening it went a lot better, played with my friend for a couple matches a very long match of an hour and a half in which our team wanted to surrender even with more champions kills and eventually we won after they made a silly mistake, I got their lower turrent the last one in front of the inhibitor down to 17 hp and had lined up a merged group of minions. We thought they would push but decided to take down that group all together and received some nice spanking XD
Had a bad match also, but as Fiddle was in a lane with Teemo and it went great together, like you said a line of trust more than I could say for some others, the southern side had 6 loses each and our mid decided to jungle and spill too much mana on minions and would be gone half of the time in base or at critters :/
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 20:13   Link #142
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

My summoner's name is Heraldic.
Seems that username and Summoner Name is different here. Haha.

Oh, there's a new rotation, by the way:
Annie, Blitzcrank, Corki, Heimerdinger, Soraka, Tristana, Tryndamere, Mordekaiser, Shen, Vladimir.

Oh great. I just unlocked my Annie. D:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 00:53   Link #143
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Tough rotation...Morde is just annoying, but experienced Blitz and Vlad players will dominate this week. Looking forward to learning a few tricks with them

EDIT: Important - how do you unlock the other maps for the game?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-23 at 04:46.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 06:24   Link #144
killer3000ad

Old 2010-11-23, 07:50   Link #145
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
EDIT: Important - how do you unlock the other maps for the game?
There are only 2 maps at the moment . You don't need to unlock. They are available to you at lv 1.

Had 2 matches with OceanBlue, and wow at how I was playing poorly there. Made some mistakes because I was hesitating, since I was not familiar with the way you play yet . It'd be better if I tried to trust you more, sorry mate.

Btw, we lost at the third match in that Newegg Wanfest tournament. Our team (the name is Gensokyo, lolz) chose a way too bad line up, and our skill can't make it up for the disadvantage so it's just one side battle .
Damn, today is nothing but losing. Got my 7th straight lost.
Old 2010-11-23, 08:12   Link #146
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Losing isn't as bad as getting yelled at for it
Quote:
There are only 2 maps at the moment . You don't need to unlock. They are available to you at lv 1.
Now that's weird, there's a ton of other stages in the world map...
Anyway, this week's ro-test: Blitzcrank is one of the champions I'll be definitely buying, he's just my kind of dude: amazing dps with his 3rd skill, not really item-needy and very versatile depending on build. Vlad seems very clear-cut (build HP+AP -> WIN), rather imba though, his transfusion sucks a lot (I mean it sucks a lot of HP, not that it's a bad move) for its ridiculous cooldown, stacking E is lethal to the enemy although it is more balanced than Q since it deals a good lot of dmg to you too, W and R are 100% imba though...bonus damage AND burst, and in case the HP cost for hemo gets you dangerously low or if you get ambushed, pool and run for it...is there anything that can go through pool? Corki is a lot more normal, he's the standard fragile burst overload, but he's got awesome ganking abilities, exhaust is godly on him. Also, I focused on AP rather than damage despite his seemingly hybrid nature, because I was mostly casting rather than attacking (R got ~1sec CD and 7 shots), and the 10% true damage really doesn't amount to much...a rough 30 damage at best.
Old 2010-11-23, 08:29   Link #147
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope Vladimir gets rebalanced. I mean, in the hands of a professional, he can easily handle 2 or 3 people at the same time and escape alive. The skill lineup is just ridiculously overpowered.

I'm currently trying out Annie, and with some tips provided in-game, I think I can handle her quite well. Pyromania is very useful, although you'll be forced to stop using skills if your Pyro is energized and you're preparing for a team kill. Problem arrives when none of your teammates know that you're setting up a kill even though you already told them that your Pyrostun is ready.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-11-23, 09:02   Link #148
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You'd be surprised to know that stacking HP on Vlad is a bad idea, because you pay more for your skill. Better way is stacking high armor/mr and use your low HP to your advantage by tricking the enemy. I've seen a good Vlad with a sliver of health (about 100) and manage to hold 3 enemies for 20 seconds, saved us an inhibitor.

[edit]
Vlad is strong, but I don't think he's in the realm of OPness. Ignite or any healing reduction skill (either from Execution Sword/Blade or champions) counter him hard, not as much as Mundo, though. Ask your dps to get one when you guy see Vlad, and look how fast he crumbles.

As much as I love Annie, her gameplay is so linear that I find it boring fast. Her AP ratio is mediocre that your only way is stacking as much survival item include AP (RoA) and CDR to become a stun bot for your team. MPen is more important than AP after you get your first 100 AP.

Finally got one win today playing together with Moonie by using my newly bought Malzahar, lolz. He's really good with Kennen.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2010-11-23 at 09:50.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:04   Link #149
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Vlad is strong, but I don't think he's in the realm of OPness. Ignite or any healing reduction skill (either from Execution Sword/Blade or champions) counter him hard, not as much as Mundo, though. Ask your dps to get one when you guy see Vlad, and look how fast he crumbles.
Vlad's ulti is a serious hex, having anyone else with you increases its potency by quite a lot. Having a DFG on Vlad makes it even stronger, it's ~35% HP down, plus whatever your Q and E can slice off. Against Mundo, a good counter would be...an extra ignite xD But Vlad has the advantage of his sang pool, even if things get bad, he won't get kited with a hatchet, he can warp out and make a run for it. Maybe if I play more with/against him, I'll be able to find some decent ways of killing him...fast :P
Old 2010-11-23, 12:34   Link #150
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Honestly, I'm not scared of Vlad as, say, Amumu. His pool doesn't save him from AoE, and he relies on his heal/regen a lot, so if you manage to force him go into the pool at the place without creep, just like how you fight Mordekaiser, he's as good as dead.
You just need to know which skill can go hurt him while he's in the pool.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:02   Link #151
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Regarding Vlad's sanguine pool. According to some people, only the following can hit or have an effect on him during pool mode.

1) Shen's Shadow Dash: I haven't actually seen this.
2) Veigar's Event Horizon: it stops Vlad from moving like any normal champs caught in it.
3) DoT (ignite also counts): it only works when it's applied on Vlad before he pools in. The effect then continues until it wears off overtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Finally got one win today playing together with Moonie by using my newly bought Malzahar, lolz. He's really good with Kennen.
Thanks. Early game was kinda chaotic because of Shaco roaming around and ganks coming in every minute or so. Our WW lost some of his spirit because of the shaky start, but thankfully we won the clashes mid game point.

Last edited by Kana Futayo; 2010-11-23 at 23:19.
Kana Futayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 14:13   Link #152
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Had 2 matches with OceanBlue, and wow at how I was playing poorly there. Made some mistakes because I was hesitating, since I was not familiar with the way you play yet . It'd be better if I tried to trust you more, sorry mate.
Eh, it's not your fault. I played pretty terribly. It says something when everyone's level 18 and you're level 14, probably along the lines of, "You initiate when you shouldn't too much, which causes you to die." I just bought Rammus as well, so I'm not used to him.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 14:35   Link #153
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Found a nice Vlad counter...grope/punch/overload with Blitzcrank, follow his pool and ult when he springs up, unless he needs an extra punch. I also found assassins to do a good job against him, but you need some good burst...in a 3v3, I had Urgot and a Ryze to help me; made short work of a Vlad/Yi combo using all nukes and then slows. We ended up losing though, too many ambushes
Old 2010-11-24, 13:01   Link #154
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Malzahar is good, don't know why I hardly see him anywhere. A well place silence is devastating.
Old 2010-11-24, 19:19   Link #155
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I managed to take down a team with Vlad and Mordy, but that was just taking kills from them. The two heroes always like to go near the tower, so I end up with tower kills from both of them.

20-1 that round.

Old 2010-11-25, 11:37   Link #156
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

After some persuasion from my friends. I might as well give Janna a try. How is she usually built?
Old 2010-11-25, 13:19   Link #157
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
After some persuasion from my friends. I might as well give Janna a try. How is she usually built?
She isn't item dependent. Most of the time you just need to keep your mana up for the whole fight, so I got a tear of goddess, and some CDR. Around 200 AP, Janna is fine for the whole game. Do not hesitate to waste the ult to save your teammates from a disadvantage fight.

I'm also trying to master her. Just realize I only play mage/caster, and I'm not really good at tanking, so I try out Janna and Sona too.

And damn, my losing streak keeps increasing. It feels really bad when your team dominate early game just to get whacked late game because the enemy is 5 tanks team. They need to make more option for magic penetration item.
Old 2010-11-25, 13:52   Link #158
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I failed with Janna when I first tried her (Sona doesn't exist yet). I'm fine with clutch shield and ulti at crucial moments but I struggled with her Howling Gale especially with the angle, charge timing and double tapping Q.

I had like 5 losing streaks (all lasts beyond 25 min mark) with Kog when I finally played him after like 3 months. And for the record, I bought his Monarch skin. I'm pretty good with him and I mainly use him as hybrid AP/AS and have a good record. Maybe it's just karma after buying the skin or just bad teammates. I'll give it a rest for the meanwhile. And I noticed that the skin has a minor bug is that when he hops, his auto-attack is delayed. Well, it's not that noticeable and he doesn't hop frequently.
Old 2010-11-25, 14:35   Link #159
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I've grown a liking to support and assassination roles...most of my games have been Urgot/Nunu/Singed, I'm now between Eve and TF, suggestions?
Old 2010-11-25, 17:12   Link #160
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Malzahar is good, don't know why I hardly see him anywhere. A well place silence is devastating.
He isn't very common in NA servers, as he has a bad reputation. Mainly because he is a big target by many high ELO players as an example who is overshadowed by other AP casters (example: see Elementz tier list, I think Locust and Grackis had him at bottom tier at one point as well).

I hear in EU servers he's a bit more popular, as he's considered there to be in the middle road. Here in NA though, while you won't get q dodged like you would with Rally/Revive Eve, there still is negative stigma to using him (kinda like Urgot).

I personally like him now with his longer range on his E and R (did you know at one point both were at 450 range?). Now if only if they did something about his Q's firing delay, so you can land those 'well placed silences' more consistently, and he'd be a top pick champ. But right now he's somewhere in the middle.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol