AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-07, 19:57   Link #1
me=D
mister smillie

StarCraft 2

Will blizzard actually make this thing? I mean how many years has it been since sc and BW 7 years!?! I mean imo Sc was the best blizzard rts game there was even thought im playing tft now( after 2 years i stoped,noob now so i dont play anymore to much hacks also). SO what do you guys think? How long will it proby take for them to make it.Im thinking about another 3 or 4 years proby if they plan on making it.
me=D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 20:16   Link #2
Cornel

They also had a console action game about Starcraft. You played first/3rd person (I think) as a Ghost. It was released on ps2, gamecube, x-box, but I don't think it was too populaur. It may have come out last year. So I guess you are right in thinking it the true sequel of starcraft would take a few years.
People haven't stopped playing starcraft, so I don't know if they would beat a dead horse. I am sure they wish to make the best continuation possible and will take their time.
Cornel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 20:31   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

As a former starcraft addict, I really hope they make a sequel. They could do so much with it. Personally I'm hoping for at least 6 races. Two races of terrans, one from earth with more advanced tech and completely new units, one from the colonies with the mainly the units we know and love. Of course the protoss and zerg with new units, but broodwars showed the xel'naga were not completely wiped out by the zerg, so they should be in it. Finally the hybrids we were introduced to in the bonus level at the end of broodwars.
well in any event, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 2004-12-07, 20:43   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
As a former starcraft addict, I really hope they make a sequel. They could do so much with it. Personally I'm hoping for at least 6 races. Two races of terrans, one from earth with more advanced tech and completely new units, one from the colonies with the mainly the units we know and love. Of course the protoss and zerg with new units, but broodwars showed the xel'naga were not completely wiped out by the zerg, so they should be in it. Finally the hybrids we were introduced to in the bonus level at the end of broodwars.
well in any event, I'm not holding my breath.
Blizzard has repeatedly stated that they lan to add another chapter to the starcraft saga but the Warcraft universe will always have their priority. With WoW being released and Starcraft Ghost console game done, you can expect them to announce a new prject or two next year, an expansion to World of Warcraft will most likely be one of them.
Personally I really hope the make Starcraft II, that game is the one of the worst addictions I ever had
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 20:46   Link #5
me=D
mister smillie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornel
I am sure they wish to make the best continuation possible and will take their time.
I really agree with you on that the reason that its taking so long is because it was so popular and good that the sequeal has to be even better.
me=D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 21:05   Link #6
WindStriker
Cool Whip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Blizzard has repeatedly stated that they lan to add another chapter to the starcraft saga but the Warcraft universe will always have their priority. With WoW being released and Starcraft Ghost console game done, you can expect them to announce a new prject or two next year, an expansion to World of Warcraft will most likely be one of them.
Personally I really hope the make Starcraft II, that game is the one of the worst addictions I ever had
Ghost has not been released yet. Its not even being developed by blizzard. Its being done by a third party developer by the name of Swingin' Ape Studios.

Link

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/528/528918p1.html

Personaly i think once wow is done they will anonce a true rts starcraft sequel. until they do i will be waiting for ghost.
WindStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 21:10   Link #7
Entropy
Flame warrior

As stated before I'm willing to bet that SCII will look very familiar to me...in more ways than one
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 02:18   Link #8
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindStriker
Ghost has not been released yet. Its not even being developed by blizzard. Its being done by a third party developer by the name of Swingin' Ape Studios.

Link

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/528/528918p1.html

Personaly i think once wow is done they will anonce a true rts starcraft sequel. until they do i will be waiting for ghost.
For those too lazy to follow the link, I will elaborate a little bit.....the game has been in development for several years now. It was supposed to be released last year...there were even pre-order boxes on the shelves, but Blizzard management apparently didn't like the way the game was shaping up, so they pulled the team working on it off of it. Blizzard has a great track record for making only fantastic games, so they are really careful about quality control. Anyway, another team has apparently been assigned to the project to shape things up- although I hadn't heard anything about a third party developer. Believe me- if the game had already come out, you would have heard about it.

Yeah, I'd love to see a Starcraft sequel- easily the best RTS ever made, but it has been so long that I'm not holding my breath.
Old 2007-04-26, 17:04   Link #9
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

StarCraft 2

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_St...g-Up_2542.html
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 18:29   Link #10
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
*drool....

mmmm, i freaken loved the first Starcraft... definitely very much looking forward to the sequel....

mmmm Zergling rush..... Drunk Clan PWNZ ALL!!!!
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 18:40   Link #11
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

If true, awesome. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for Ghost so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 19:45   Link #12
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:53.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 20:54   Link #13
Lebron
I hear voices

Well, that about does it for South Korea if true

The day this comes out over there will be a National Holiday
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 21:00   Link #14
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Well, that about does it for South Korea if true

The day this comes out over there will be a National Holiday
Zerg Rush of Koreans anyone? See...It is not the American at the border that make the North Koreans fear the South...It is thier Leet Skills in Zerg rushing lol

Anyways...I expect something on par with Dragon quest to DS in terms of boom
Old 2007-04-26, 22:28   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Finally... I've been waiting for this game for so very long. Of course when if does come out, my system probably won't be able to play it.
Old 2007-04-26, 23:07   Link #16
Spike420
AbaraiRenjis doppleganger

Wow i really REALLY need to upgrade my video card now
Spike420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 23:13   Link #17
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord View Post
If true, awesome. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for Ghost so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet.
Unfortunately, last I heard Ghost was on hold... indefinitely. Sad news...

But then the reason I'm here...

STARCRAFT 2!!!!!

*goes into overdrive mode*

It's been a long, LONG wait.

And just in time for Starcraft's 10th Anniversary too wouldn't you say?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 00:14   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
FINALLY! Now we finally after, how long was it, ten years or so, get to find out what happened with:

Spoiler:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 00:40   Link #19
Boris Moskovitz
(-.-)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
O_O

I just creamed myself. (still feelin' a bit skeptical, though >_>)
Boris Moskovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 00:50   Link #20
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Skeptical indeed! A kerrigan race? So what's t he difference between them and the regular good ol' zergies?

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows