Old 2009-10-10, 01:03   Link #321
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Spoiler:
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 01:42   Link #322
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah, I think I know why the music sounds familiar to me. The soundtrack sounds as if it were derived from the music of the JRPGs I've played in the past. A little bit of Star Ocean, a Chrono Trigger here and there, and so on. All in all, the soundtrack is quite reminiscent of past works I've heard before, at least from my point of view.

As for the second episode, Luke is still tsundere (of course), while he reveals a little bit of his character.

Spoiler for Episode 2:

So yeah, a decent episode overall, though I feel that it ends too soon when things are just about to get interesting.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 04:54   Link #323
Menthuss
INFERNO DIVIDER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yeah, I think I know why the music sounds familiar to me. The soundtrack sounds as if it were derived from the music of the JRPGs I've played in the past. A little bit of Star Ocean, a Chrono Trigger here and there, and so on. All in all, the soundtrack is quite reminiscent of past works I've heard before, at least from my point of view.

As for the second episode, Luke is still tsundere (of course), while he reveals a little bit of his character.

Spoiler for Episode 2:

So yeah, a decent episode overall, though I feel that it ends too soon when things are just about to get interesting.
Aw man I was hoping Luke wasn't one of THOSE characters. Nosebleeds are so cliché nowadays.
Menthuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 12:11   Link #324
Cirrostratucat
絶対領域

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirrostratucat
Ya know... I just noticed something. Maybe this is just me, but does anyone else feel that they made all swords in this show easily breakable?
Spoiler for ep1:
Cirrostratucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 13:09   Link #325
Midonin
Last Engage

At least Luke's not a total unfeeling broody [insert third disparaging term here]. He's got some trace of a libido in him. Though again, I'm still pushing for Cecily to be an upstanding swordswoman. From my experience, most of Ayumu Fujimura's characters have a cute exterior but, by all means, can beat you up without a second thought. And I love that in a woman.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 14:54   Link #326
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
At least Luke's not a total unfeeling broody [insert third disparaging term here]. He's got some trace of a libido in him. Though again, I'm still pushing for Cecily to be an upstanding swordswoman. From my experience, most of Ayumu Fujimura's characters have a cute exterior but, by all means, can beat you up without a second thought. And I love that in a woman.
I can't see Cecily getting that good with a sword in the short amount of episodes we're getting, unless through some special powers granted to her.
Old 2009-10-10, 16:07   Link #327
X10A_Freedom

Luke is pure win!

We finally get the 4th character! Walking sword eh...a further evolution of the intelligent sword (ala ZnT)?
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 23:41   Link #328
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, watched episode one, this is a pretty good series. Plenty of action, and interesting characters.
Old 2009-10-11, 00:30   Link #329
billborden

Thumbs down

I get the sense that Luke may be the make or brake character in this show. There's a lot of gushing about him, but--after watching the first eps--he's the main reason I may not go on to the second. I see him described as a male tsundere, but in his case that could just be read as as***le. I spend entirely too much of my time at work dealing with people so full of themselves that I need a (verbal) crowbar to remove their heads from their posteriors--even for a short time; I see no reason to subject myself to that personality-type in my anime, which is--in theory--how I relax.

I truth I like Lisa and Cicely enough, and the art is good enough, that I will watch #2, but if there's no attitude adjustment, I'll probably stop there.
Old 2009-10-11, 00:31   Link #330
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Hmm. I bet this is about the time the "NO ORIGINALITY, NO ORIGINALITY" harping anime fans get out of the room so the people who can enjoy a somewhat cliche show can just go on with it. I think I have a good idea how this show is going. Yeah, cliche and all, but definitely not Zero no Tsukaima level of crapness.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 00:37   Link #331
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah, cliche and all, but definitely not Zero no Tsukaima level of crapness.
Umm, I actually liked ZnT myself
Old 2009-10-11, 04:49   Link #332
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's good to hear Akimoto Yousuke yet again, and this time in a role that suits his voice. Quasar is a decent role for him.
Old 2009-10-11, 06:35   Link #333
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Good anime so far after 2 episodes. A keeper for this season.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 09:31   Link #334
TCman

Well, just watched the second episode. It was a fine episode, but I find the progress of the plot a little bit too slow; the animation is not dynamic enough and feels abit uninspired. Good thing is they introduce a new character, Aria, who can contribute to a more interesting plot; I must say Aria is beautiful and she's well designed, her background story may be interesing when it got unwrapped in the next episodes.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 10:42   Link #335
lightbringer
M9000

Well, this episode seals the deal. The bullshit level in this show is just too high to bear. It's really a pity, since some of the girls were cute.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 11:56   Link #336
satomianzaki

just watched second episode with subs and i think its not bad...so far, i think it has potentials...

the characters are nice and i enjoyed watching the interactions between cecily, luke and lisa...btw, lisa is really cute and adorable...loved the ed theme...aria has already been introduced and now that the main characters are complete, hoping the plot will get better and more enjoyable...

satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 12:18   Link #337
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Yeah I really don't like Cecily. I find her extremely selfish and annoying.

No problems with Luke or Lisa. Still need to see more from Aria to make a decision with her.

But Cecily is just bleh. This is 2 episodes in.
Old 2009-10-11, 12:21   Link #338
animeboy12

new pics

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6537/52182629.jpg

lets hope this doesn't foreshadow anything.

Last edited by xris; 2009-10-12 at 02:20. Reason: Please do not use the Spoiler tag to "hide" huge pictures, use thumbnails instead!
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 13:57   Link #339
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't like Cecily. She sucks - which is forgivable - and she wants the best sword in the world? What for? Does she think it's going to solve the problem? Instead of, you know, getting a standard issue and practicing just like everyone else? Who does she think she is?

And she dares to call Luke cheap when she's the one who wanted expensive materials and the more expensive time and effort of the best blacksmith she's ever seen for free? Her only redeeming quality is that she does try to protect people. Though I find it odd she was so quick to try and protect the cargo instead of tending to the wounds of her fellow knights.

Not too sure how I feel about the Katanas Are Just Better thing, either. Oh, well. It's not like they're really comparing katana and European swords. They're comparing magical katanas with molded swords made by people who've apparently forgotten how to pound metal into shape.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 14:44   Link #340
cry
Berry Bunny

i like luke & lisa but cecily is reallly annoying, she talk too much about knights. she should just shut up and make luke her master. practice, practice!

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen