Old 2006-04-07, 15:53   Link #21
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Tiny one I made today in my notebook.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 16:54   Link #22
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I had nothing interesting to do a while ago and found one of these small Ikea pencils on my desk. Then I borrowed a sheet of paper from my printer and started drawing tiny miscelaneous things on that sheet. One of them was the following sketch.

Originally it only measures 7x9cm. Good thing a digital camera can zoom
The character in the middle, with the flowers around, is supposed to be me in neko mode. Since I'm fond of Naruto, I tried (and succeeded) to catch him ^^

As you see, I'm sitting on top of Sasuke, who I had to defeat first as he wouldn't let me go near Naruto

Naruto is still trying to crawl away, thinking about what the angry Sakura would do to him should she see what happened to Sasuke.

Kanji on the top is: Daisuki no Jutsu (Daisuki means "like very much")
Next to what ressembles inner Sakura is written: Baka Naruto

FAQ:
- Your sketch looks like crap!
+ I'm fully aware of that, but since it's a crappy pencil, unadequate paper and me not even consciously drawing this to start with, I didn't mind spending a lot of time to make it. Also, it's done without any kind of example I used to base that sketch on.
- Sakura ? That "thing" doesn't look like her at all! Baka!
+ There's a little ressemblence ^^' First time ever I even tried a Sakura.
- Bakemono! You killed Sasuke!
+ Nope, he's still alive. I like him too, so I couldn't kill him

As for this little text... I'm not drunk! I just have a strange brain circuitery that gets powered on from time to time.

The sketch looks funny to me. Would it be worth making a proper version of this ? Any suggestions / comments?
Old 2006-04-14, 16:48   Link #23
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Crap :s
I don't know why, but the last weeks I didn't manage to draw anything that gets passed Kuchiki Rukia's (Bleach) b&w sketches on skill level. Not that I've much of :')

Anyway, tonight I managed to draw a little better.

This is made after I've been thinking about a little story, where Naruto's dreams get haunted by the Kyuubi, making him less energetic than usual, grumpy and more agressive. In the end, seal starts fading away, making Naruto hurt the people he likes (Sasuke would be my guess) and killing the ANBU trying to restrain him. He'd leave Konoha after the second mark of his seal disappears. No idea what would happen after that :-k

This sketch could be the first 3 frames of the story. Does this somehow look decent?

From right to left: Kyuubi is terrorrizing Naruto's sleep, a little like what happened to Gaara with Shikaku, trying to devour him.
Having a terrible nightmare, Naruto wakes up, breathing heavily...
Once he wakes up, he cannot sleep anymore and staying awake like that for several hours during the night, his mood gets really bad :3

I've made ugly smooches, but it's just a copier paper sheet and done with that Ikea pencil ^^' Basically I wanted to make some doodles. (yes, Ikea again ... Being lazy I just took what was on my desk.)
Old 2006-04-14, 16:50   Link #24
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
This is more as a practise. Need to get the hand again before starting good stuff.
I like colouring with pc, but that's a lot of work done by a mouse... and inking with it is not a nice as it would be.

Example
Spoiler:
It's true that they lack any kind of action .. maybe I should change that ^^

What I always wanted to buy is and tablet for pc, but the Wacom Graphire4 A5 looks kind of small... and an Wacom Intuos3 A4 ... expensive >_<

Is a A5 tablet enough for drawing stuff of a decent size ? Any suggestions?
that ones good, the ones before it kinda suck
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 07:24   Link #25
laphingman
Story writer for hire

personaly i think everyone is obsessed about naruto but i got to say the dark samuri pic is down right cool and the third pictur from the top is very well done
laphingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 14:32   Link #26
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Hmmm... I've been trying out a few different things and this is one of them. Partly an alternative for that first page of the manga.

I like this one more than first one. Kyuubi looks more threatening and Naruto on the other side ... well ... dunno ... It's prettier that way.
I think I'm gonna try doing page one like that. There'll be less on the page, but if I manage to get it right, it will be a lot nicer that previous version.
Old 2006-04-23, 15:25   Link #27
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Finished version of above page

Old 2006-05-09, 16:27   Link #28
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Tried something with OpenCanvas and a simple tablet I bought last week:

It's definitely harder than drawing on a sheet of paper ^^'
Old 2006-05-11, 15:52   Link #29
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Sasuke-kun as shown in the last Naruto chapter (306)
He clothes are a little bit Orochimaru-influenced.

Does he look that bad ? (lot's of people complaining about it :/)
Old 2006-05-11, 19:10   Link #30
lavielove

It's true that the lower part of his body should be larger than the upper part according to the perspective from the bottom view, but the line showing his belly is really needed to be trimmed down or erase away.For me,I prefer to use white brush(lower opicity) around the picture,instead of cutting out the colors.

if you sample the colors from that picture and make the color of Sasuke's skin,I think it will become more and more attractive.That's a nice picture you draw anyway ^_^ cheers ! sorry for criticizing,just take this as a suggestion.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 02:29   Link #31
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
It's true that the lower part of his body should be larger than the upper part according to the perspective from the bottom view, but the line showing his belly is really needed to be trimmed down or erase away.For me,I prefer to use white brush(lower opicity) around the picture,instead of cutting out the colors.

if you sample the colors from that picture and make the color of Sasuke's skin,I think it will become more and more attractive.That's a nice picture you draw anyway ^_^ cheers ! sorry for criticizing,just take this as a suggestion.
I can live with criticism
If I hated it, I wouldn't even mind posting stuff...

I'll consider your suggestions, and try to figure out how to do it. I'm a big zero concerning Photoshop, OpenCanvas and other programs like that ^^
My thing is a development IDE, but that looks boring ^^'
Old 2006-06-14, 09:26   Link #32
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I tried some more Photoshop...

Clickeable

It's N from Death Note. I cleaned the cover from chapter 87. Did some little reconstruction at the bottom where text covered Near.

I've no clue on how you make shadows and such.. I painted it with the Brush tool and then played a little bit with the Dodge and Burn tools.
Does someone knows a good beginners' tutorial or book ?

Anyway, what do you think ?
Old 2006-06-14, 10:06   Link #33
black shadow

i think that u have it in u

you just have to work more

nothing comes easy

Quote:
I've no clue on how you make shadows and such
>_< me toooo i dont know how to make shadows ..
black shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 11:01   Link #34
Syaoran
Inactive Member

2 recent ones ^^

*clickeable*

Doesn't look that unpleasant after all, ne?
Old 2007-08-19, 16:09   Link #35
Syaoran
Inactive Member

A few new ones...

They're all made with using OpenCanvas. The B&W ones were vectorized with Illustrator, except the 4th one, which is done with Krite (part of KOffice under Linux). I didn't configure the pressure yet under Linux, so get a mix of all kind of strokes ^^'

So... what do you think?

EDIT: A 5th pic added.

Last edited by Syaoran; 2007-08-19 at 16:24.