AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 49 49.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-03, 18:45   Link #21
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Best episode this season. EASILY. Hei's finally back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Df-tommy View Post
Did anyone else notice that the PTRD Shion used is completely reversed?
Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2009-12-03, 19:55   Link #22
nubby

What if Suou just didn't die in the fire that we see in the preview? I have a hard time believing that a doll lived and grew up for 6+ years. If Suou died in the fire, how would they extract memory from her burnt corpse? Also, Shion only got his powers 2 years earlier. How could he have revived Suou 8 years ago?
Old 2009-12-03, 20:45   Link #23
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Courtesy of Artemisa and the DTB Fan Club o BA (Updated spoilers above)
I don-t know if this is a Yin pic but maybe you can tell me

Spoiler for Mystery Character?:
No, that's not Yin. That's Hazuki's mother. (the old guy in the wheelchair is apparently her father) She ends up getting some character focus this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I think i'm misunderstood I didn't say he kidnapped her for information about section 3. I said that he perhaps kidnapped her on request of Madame Oreille. Why do i bring up Madame Oreille? Because it's weird for Hei to suddenly know where section 3 is established and especially to recognize Youko directly as his target without having the necessary information + he never met her in person. That's where i place Madame Oreille as a important piece in this chess game. I suspect her that she still is giving Hei jobs.
Well, it's possible, but I think it's unlikely. They both cut ties to each other back in episode 6. And Hazuki's father also found out about Hazuki and Yoko being there at tht airport, so wherever he got the info from is probably where Hei got it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Spoiler for ep 9:
Correct.

I definitely loved the delivery of the Suou bombshell. Suou's mom mistaking her for Shion was the whistling before the impact.

It was nice seeing Gai and Kiko again (I liked their humorous antics in S1 ) and Bones pulled off their reappearance without killing the episode, so hats off to them. I kinda had to grin when the two of them pulled out just before the bombshell whistling started though. No plot-appearances for those two.

And it was interesting how Hei managed to unknowingly shave up in time for his "reunion" with Misaki.

As for Hei, well, he was called the Black Reaper before he got his Contractor powers for a reason.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Shion is Izanagi though. First, Section 3 keeps thinking Shuou was Izanagi because they think she's Shion, and this episode pretty much determined that she's a decoy. Plus, Misaki gives some foreshadowing, saying she feels scared of the idea of Izanagi and Izanami (Yin) meeting each other, so it's far unlikely that July is Izanagi, contrary to the speculation. After all, it's pretty apparent that Shion is quite possibly the "final boss" essentially, so it would make more sense if he's after Izanami (Yin) for some big plan, whatever that may be.

9/10

You know, I can't believe nobody (including myself) thoguht of this before, but there's a possible simple solution to Hei's power problem; he could just try going to Hell's Gate. Carmine got her powers back in S1 when Hei took her to the gate, so why doesn't Hei give it a shot? It shouldn't be a problem for him to get there.
Old 2009-12-03, 21:16   Link #24
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Courtesy of Artemisa and the DTB Fan Club o BA (Updated spoilers above)
I don-t know if this is a Yin pic but maybe you can tell me

Spoiler for Mystery Character?:
^

who that!
Old 2009-12-03, 21:21   Link #25
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
You know, I can't believe nobody (including myself) thoguht of this before, but there's a possible simple solution to Hei's power problem; he could just try going to Hell's Gate. Carmine got her powers back in S1 when Hei took her to the gate, so why doesn't Hei give it a shot? It shouldn't be a problem for him to get there.
Because it isn't his real power, maybe, but of her sister's. Maybe, or maybe you're right and it's a posibility .
Old 2009-12-03, 22:25   Link #26
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Like mentioned before not his power. Plus Carmine was losing he power in a natural way. Hei lost his in what appears to be a very unnatural one. But it is indeed possible that would work for him maybe. But I want to know does he want his power back?

On a side note Hei might not yet be re fanged (regained his powers) but he finally got re-clawed. (got knifes again)
Old 2009-12-03, 22:59   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
^

who that!
In my post just above yours, I pointed out who that was.

And yes, I'm fully aware that the circumstances of Hei's powers and the loss of them are different, hence "possible sollution." Who's it going to kill to try? He's already near Tokyo; just zip over to Hell's Gate and if it doesn't work, well, bollocks. It's not like he has to get inside; Carmine got her powers back just by going near it.
Old 2009-12-03, 23:28   Link #28
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
In my post just above yours, I pointed out who that was.
Oh my....l totally missed your post l must be more tired then l originally thought. That or l'm going blind....
well thanks for explaining.
Old 2009-12-03, 23:29   Link #29
Yushi

I know quite a bit happened in this episode...but the most important thing for me is ....seeing Hei's old hot look again XD
Old 2009-12-04, 00:07   Link #30
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
But I want to know does he want his power back?
So far he's only shown it to be a little bit of an inconvenience. Since it's from his sister, I figured he'd be more attached or something. But Hei doesn't seem like the type to brood about it.

Quote:
On a side note Hei might not yet be re fanged (regained his powers) but he finally got re-clawed. (got knifes again)
I can't wait until he dons the mask and coat again.
Old 2009-12-04, 00:30   Link #31
TypeR
Fate X Destiny

Awesome Ep! Finally DtB is starting to kick into high gear in prep. for the finale.

Spoiler for DtB 9:

Btw, what exactly is this "ME" thing that the professor and Shion are researching? Does it have to do with altering people's memories or creating artificial ones?
Old 2009-12-04, 00:52   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
...Btw, what exactly is this "ME" thing that the professor and Shion are researching? Does it have to do with altering people's memories or creating artificial ones?
I think it means "Memory Extraction," and the "ME Squeezer" can remove memories from dead bodies for analysis, maybe storage, and maybe reimplantation.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-04, 05:47   Link #33
hei

Shinsuke Onishi wrote OVA of S1. He certainly likes otaku girls. The conversation between Kiko and her friend (before they meet Suou) was so funny. "That f****** director!" It looks like the writer tries to make an excuse about introducing the detective duo at this point of the show.

Some random points:
As expected, Misaki's role in S2 is a messenger from Amber to Hei. Poor woman... The next point to guess is what would happen if Shion and Yin meet.

Has Hazuki ever hit her target with the flame shoot? IMO, she is the most pointless character in S2.

Does Suou's mom know what is going on? Judging from her reaction, she doesn't seem to know that Shion is a contractor.

The PV scene shows the doll system of the NAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Df-tommy View Post
Did anyone else notice that the PTRD Shion used is completely reversed?
Genma (the Golem guy) did.

ps. How would Misaki react if she met unshaven Li-kun?

Last edited by hei; 2009-12-04 at 06:04.
Old 2009-12-04, 06:02   Link #34
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Best episode of the season so far. I got really excited after the OP and Hei shaved and cut his hair. And then the Black Reaper returns with a vengeance. Nice OST matching Hei kicking everyone's ass. And looks like Hei might add another girl to his harem if the kidnapping is successful

The return of the useless detective and his fangirl sidekick. I really love the very first moment Kiko appeared, saying what appeared to be what a lot of people thought when they saw the last episode's preview. Priceless

The plot thickens as the series approaches its ends. We get to know about Suou and how she apparently died back in 8 years ago, long before the meteor incident. It's highly possible that the 'Suou' we know is the ultimate ability of Shion, which is creating something out of nothing....

Now that Hei has his old look back, let's see that black coat too! And Miskai's "Lee-kun!" sounds great!

10/10!!!
Old 2009-12-04, 06:27   Link #35
Hobbit
. . .

Rewatching ep 01, it was Suou who said that Shion became a contractor in the night of the Tokyo explosion. Probably Shion was already a contractor. It make sense, because we saw Dr. Pavchylenko calling just Shion (Suou doesn't matter, if Shion can mass production her)
Old 2009-12-04, 08:44   Link #36
lividsama

What's with the hoover car in 9:01? I've been pounding my head since ep1 about it. Gate technology? Does it have any function in DtB except confusing us?
Old 2009-12-04, 13:12   Link #37
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
...I really love the very first moment Kiko appeared, saying what appeared to be what a lot of people thought when they saw the last episode's preview. Priceless ....
It was something like: "He reintroduces those humorous characters just when he should be ramping up the tension. I'm not going to forgive that director." I just love self-referentiality and self-deprecation. Well done. But I didn't mind them this time, Kiko in particular was good.
Quote:
The plot thickens as the series approaches its ends. We get to know about Suou and how she apparently died back in 8 years ago, long before the meteor incident. It's highly possible that the 'Suou' we know is the ultimate ability of Shion, which is creating something out of nothing....
I think Suou was created before Shion became a contractor, maybe by Dr. Pavlichenko? Or...? If Shion had been a contractor for longer, it would have been harder to hide the fact from his (absent) mother, who probably left in the aftermath of her despair at Suou's death.
Quote:
Now that Hei has his old look back, let's see that black coat too! And Miskai's "Lee-kun!" sounds great!.....
I thought I saw the coat under the knives, in their hiding place. Yeah. Loved the "Lee-kun." I expected him to pause there -- maybe he did. At least he may now know Misaki is around, and that may help them meet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-04, 16:36   Link #38
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Suou was created before Shion became a contractor, maybe by Dr. Pavlichenko? Or...? If Shion had been a contractor for longer, it would have been harder to hide the fact from his (absent) mother, who probably left in the aftermath of her despair at Suou's death.
I'm partial to the theory that the good doctor had a hand in 'Suou' existing for the past eight years. Shion becoming a Contractor with an ability to create a 'mirror image' clone (like the rifle with reversed parts?) is just icing on the cake, I think.

Hey, anyone notice the cocoon in the preview?

EDIT: Also, ahaha, loved the posters in Kiko's room. Especially the one with post-timeskip Simon (TTGL)... with an eyepatch.
Old 2009-12-04, 16:50   Link #39
masumi
真澄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm partial to the theory that the good doctor had a hand in 'Suou' existing for the past eight years. Shion becoming a Contractor with an ability to create a 'mirror image' clone (like the rifle with reversed parts?) is just icing on the cake, I think.
I think it would be more likely that the Suou that died was the double and the real one remains, as creating a clone that only needed to die is an easier task than creating a full replacement clone. The same could be said of Dr. Pavlichenko as well.
Old 2009-12-04, 16:59   Link #40
hero147

Wow, the episode is easily the best of the season. For me, the beginning episodes weren't exactly extraordinary. Did the DtB cast change or something, or is it just because of the plot?
Closed Thread