AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 11 21.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 21.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 19.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 15.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 00:43   Link #101
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The green haired girl that looks like a puppy dog half the time?
Yeah the one that looks like she's 5 years old. I don't care about her star.
Old 2009-08-05, 01:59   Link #102
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Yeah the one that looks like she's 5 years old. I don't care about her star.
-falls off his chair laughing-

OMG that's a great post I gotta remember that one in the macross channel.

Repped thanks for that gut-buster.
Old 2009-08-05, 03:27   Link #103
klare

a sad eps

Spoiler for Welkin:
Old 2009-08-05, 03:56   Link #104
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Then as said Welkin should beat Faldio up when Faldio is wounded for not dodging the bullet.

But again Faldio will never be wounded. He will destroy enemies tanks riding a white horse with nothing but a sword, win the whole war as emo Welkin will be to busy making out with some random lizards (because he LOVES animals more in the end), and leave the scene carrying Alicia in his arms, while walking on the water towards the sunset.
Old 2009-08-05, 04:54   Link #105
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Then as said Welkin should beat Faldio up when Faldio is wounded for not dodging the bullet.

But again Faldio will never be wounded. He will destroy enemies tanks riding a white horse with nothing but a sword, win the whole war as emo Welkin will be to busy making out with some random lizards (because he LOVES animals more in the end), and leave the scene carrying Alicia in his arms, while walking on the water towards the sunset.
As far as we know Faldio doesn't know how to ride a horse. But I could imagine that scene with Faldio riding in a jeep (driven by Ramal), and with rifle instead of sword

Old 2009-08-05, 06:24   Link #106
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
As far as we know Faldio doesn't know how to ride a horse. But I could imagine that scene with Faldio riding in a jeep (driven by Ramal), and with rifle instead of sword
Nonsense! SuperAnimeFaldio can do anything! Even if he had a weakness the anime staff would erase it immediately in their unlimited worship of the character.

That's why he's the main character of the story.... oh wait
Old 2009-08-05, 06:42   Link #107
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Oddly I can understand how Welkin feels in distancing himself from his comrades in this episode although I don't approve of it. When my father passed away last year I dropped out of the social life for a while and everyone at work was always trying to cheer me up.

I too just wanted to be left alone and it did take a while to come to terms with it. In all honesty I'm probably still not over it but I can at least be myself once again. Although I did pick up this horrid thing called anime during my descent...

Looks like the next episode is going to hopefully straighten Welkin out. From the game I only recall Welkin punching Faldio; hopefully we'll see Welkin perform a Mega-Drill-Break on Faldio and knock him out of the show.

Or at least have Welkin harden the fuck up.

E:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Quite honestly I think Catherine has the best story of the snipers. Jann... Okay, comedy. I can see that.

Susie? Useless.
Catherine was my favourite sniper in the game; loved her accent...

As for Susie; I kind of liked her in the game, granted if you used awaken potential on her you'd best run as far as you can before attacking...

When I first saw her inclusion in the anime I thought we were going to see a bit of an anti-war segment.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-08-05, 07:28   Link #108
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Blasphemy! There is NOTHING that Faldio could not do. He is the almighty stalker!
Old 2009-08-05, 08:14   Link #109
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
[QUOTE=fallschirmjager;2560620
As for Susie; I kind of liked her in the game, granted if you used awaken potential on her you'd best run as far as you can before attacking...

When I first saw her inclusion in the anime I thought we were going to see a bit of an anti-war segment.[/QUOTE]
Eh, maybe. I think she herself was just against violence and kinda from the prissy family. It's possible that would've been an angle to add for her character but I think she's more about being from high society than being anti-war.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-05, 08:29   Link #110
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Eh, maybe. I think she herself was just against violence and kinda from the prissy family. It's possible that would've been an angle to add for her character but I think she's more about being from high society than being anti-war.
If that's the case then her character got changed over the anime adaptation.

Here's her bio from the game's encyclopaedia:
Spoiler for Susie's bio:
Old 2009-08-05, 09:48   Link #111
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
a sad eps

Spoiler for Welkin:
I am going to highly disagree
Why did he deserve it, because he felt down about his sister dying and questioned himself as a leader because she died under his command and he didnt show it in public? Look at what happened Welkin put on a strong face for the rest of the squad even though they knew he was suffering. Only when Faldio came in did he finally open and say what he was feeling and instead of trying to sway him he punched him instead. Sorry it was bad decision on Faldio's part. It had been just a little over 24 hours since he buried his sister cut him some slack.
Old 2009-08-06, 11:28   Link #112
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Why did he deserve it, because he felt down about his sister dying and questioned himself as a leader because she died under his command and he didnt show it in public? Look at what happened Welkin put on a strong face for the rest of the squad even though they knew he was suffering. Only when Faldio came in did he finally open and say what he was feeling and instead of trying to sway him he punched him instead. Sorry it was bad decision on Faldio's part. It had been just a little over 24 hours since he buried his sister cut him some slack.
i agree with you too. i think faldio is just too full of himself. he thinks he understands everything and is mature but hell no! and what's with this freak heroin? confessing to someone when his sister's just dead because of his poor decision? alicia is annoying but to be honest, this whole anime is annoying, making this summer unbearable thanks to FMAB i've got something to enjoy

and my interest in this anime is DEAD the moment isara died - she was one adorable hard working big blue eyed girl. i was so getting used to with ramal and isara together
Old 2009-08-06, 11:37   Link #113
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Maybe he meant he deserved it for all the emo stuff he was doing lately, not in just this episode.
Old 2009-08-06, 11:57   Link #114
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieria.erde View Post
i agree with you too. i think faldio is just too full of himself. he thinks he understands everything and is mature but hell no! and what's with this freak heroin? confessing to someone when his sister's just dead because of his poor decision? alicia is annoying but to be honest, this whole anime is annoying, making this summer unbearable thanks to FMAB i've got something to enjoy

and my interest in this anime is DEAD the moment isara died - she was one adorable hard working big blue eyed girl. i was so getting used to with ramal and isara together
the timing of her confession was bad but to be fair welkin did put her in the spot asking her why she couldn't end it at that and lave him alone, as for faldio punching welkin after taking some time to think about it...no matter how good his intentions where faldio did fuck. welkin is finally confining on somehow who he sees as a close friend and you can tell he has been affected deeply by his sister's death.
Old 2009-08-06, 16:57   Link #115
Joe_fh

Well that was really wierd.Who the hell does Faldio thinks he is?I mean when Isara died it's obvious the one who sufferd the most was Welkin.So what the idea is punch a man who is siffuring...yeah um...that's just wrong from every angle.And the moment Alicia conffesd to Welkin...That was another "what the hell is wrong with you people" moment.Come on was that the best moment to say that?In that sort fo situation she can't really help him.It's not like she knows how he feels so the best she can do was to leave him alone for a while.Or she could simply say she doesn't want to see him like that and that he could share his pain with her but god not a love confession

Isara said Welkin changed when his father died.And now that she's dead as well he has no one left.He has only his best firend to confide in.And what did he get- a punch in the face.....

The episode was quite good.It really showed how though it is to be a commander.You have to be strong in front of everyone oterwise the moreale of the troops will fall completely.
It was also the first sad and touching episode from the series.Especially with the scene in the end which showed the mambers of the suqad dealing with the loss of one of their firends whith that beautuifull song in the background.

And I didn't expect the events in the last two episodes.I mean Isara and Ramal were getting along it was all good.I thought their relationship will show some progres soon...but yeah no luck there

The should have killed Faldio since he is so senseless and annoying.Instead of supporting his firend he goes there to punch him and tell him that he made Alicia cry.Well who cares about that actually?.His siter died for the love of <insert appropriate word here>!!He has other things to worry about and certainly making Alicia cry is the least of them

Quote:
Oddly I can understand how Welkin feels in distancing himself from his comrades in this episode although I don't approve of it. When my father passed away last year I dropped out of the social life for a while and everyone at work was always trying to cheer me up.

I too just wanted to be left alone and it did take a while to come to terms with it. In all honesty I'm probably still not over it but I can at least be myself once again. Although I did pick up this horrid thing called anime during my descent...
Sadly that happened to me recently as well thus I can imagine how that feels like.In those situations most people just want to be left alone
Old 2009-08-06, 18:51   Link #116
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

have you not seen the opening? Faldio will ride a motorcycle wielding nothing but a pistol and take out 3 enemy tanks.
Old 2009-08-06, 19:03   Link #117
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
have you not seen the opening? Faldio will ride a motorcycle wielding nothing but a pistol and take out 3 enemy tanks.
The force is strong with this one. 3 enemy tanks wish i had that kind of skill
Old 2009-08-06, 19:45   Link #118
Snowman24

^I like your avatar red lupine
Old 2009-08-07, 00:13   Link #119
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Finally got around to watching the episode and I have to completely agree here.

That punch was completely uncalled for.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-07, 00:34   Link #120
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Instead of supporting his firend he goes there to punch him and tell him that he made Alicia cry.Well who cares about that actually?.His siter died for the love of <insert appropriate word here>!!He has other things to worry about and certainly making Alicia cry is the least of them

joe_fh, you summed up very well. thats exactly how i feel. only a shithead would think in this situation, welkin should have confessed back to alicia.

"alicia, my sister is dead. so what? i love you too"

how restarted that sounds?

hell, alicia appears to be one of crappy lead characters i've watched in a while. she started well but as the series progress, she's becoming a 14-year old annoying witless love-freak
Closed Thread