Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-28, 01:37   Link #121
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMelkor
I recently finished reading the manga (and really liked it). I saw that there was an animated series so i just started downloading it, but I was wondering how close the anime is to the manga, and I read somewhere somthing that suggested koshinae was not in it? (he was one of my favorite characters -_-) What kind of stuff was cut out? I was also curious if the author of the manga had any hand in the creation of the manga as of yet I have found virtually no information about this anime. So if anyone could bring me up to speed with that stuff... thanks!

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-28, 02:29   Link #122
DanielSong39

All I can say is that Teratani is way cool... he helps Ichitaka out in every way possible, rescues damsels in distress, and plays a large role in getting the main couple together.

Man, I'd want a friend like him. By far the most useful and capable character in the series.
Old 2006-07-28, 06:45   Link #123
martino
makes no files now

He is quite a cool guy, but at times even he can be a bit of an idiot.
Old 2006-09-12, 21:47   Link #124
rarukyu
umeboshi

i wonder if the final episode is being subbed. lol
Old 2006-09-12, 21:59   Link #125
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well, for me i think this show is overrated.

yes the animation is nice, yes the girls are pretty. but the most important part, the story, is pretty tacky. hey, lets all go rape girls using knives and no one will know who we are, because we were not just expelled from school last week and the police dont know where we live and dont know our mother's names.
reminds me too much of that failure ichigo 100%.
all you diehard fans may now flame on.
but the bonus footage, the short episodes are great. i like those alot.
yeah, those girls are indeed pretty hot.
Old 2006-09-13, 01:43   Link #126
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
hey, lets all go rape girls using knives and no one will know who we are, because we were not just expelled from school last week and the police dont know where we live and dont know our mother's names.
No need to flame, but... that's what sticks out in the entire story of I"s Pure?

I"s is what it is - very much a shounen romance, and it doesn't try to be much else. I enjoyed the manga for what it is, and I"s Pure managed to be a relatively faithful adaption given the time restrictions. If you despise the genre, through, then you'll certainly despise this story. I for one didn't hate any of it, silliness and all.
Old 2006-09-13, 01:55   Link #127
EmptySoul
C1Anime

I"S has a really good story. It really is a matter of taste but even if it is a shounen romance, it's still really good. There were so many good elements in it, the "bad guy" was sorta over rated, but the story itself is awesome. The relationship between Iori and Ichitaka and also between the other girls, it just gets more and more interesting. I for one am very happy to have had the privilidge of seeing this show. I only wish it was longer... But anyway, just wanted to let you guys know I"S will be coming soon. Got a little delayed on the last ep, but it's at the final steps now, so it'll be out sometime very soon. *gonna stab people until its done XD* Anyway... just wanted to post my thoughts. ^_^
Old 2006-09-13, 02:37   Link #128
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well, im not saying the show is bad, its a fine show, but it has many absurd situations. the other event that immediately pops into my mind is when he told her the girls house burned down and said lets not worry about it since this is our first date to go have some fun or something.

the manga fills in all the huge time gaps right? i think i'll pick some of them up. i want to pick up around where episode 4 left off. that should be around book 5? that girl he met at the beach is going to come visit him at his house and get wet in the rain like in the bonus right?

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2006-09-14 at 02:37.
Old 2006-09-15, 04:09   Link #129
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySoul
I"S has a really good story. It really is a matter of taste but even if it is a shounen romance, it's still really good. There were so many good elements in it, the "bad guy" was sorta over rated, but the story itself is awesome. The relationship between Iori and Ichitaka and also between the other girls, it just gets more and more interesting. I for one am very happy to have had the privilidge of seeing this show. I only wish it was longer... But anyway, just wanted to let you guys know I"S will be coming soon. Got a little delayed on the last ep, but it's at the final steps now, so it'll be out sometime very soon. *gonna stab people until its done XD* Anyway... just wanted to post my thoughts. ^_^
Woot that's good to hear. Looking forward to it.

And yeah just enjoy what's this manga/anime is about. Even if it's feel with several clitches it's still very enjoyable. What I like the most about the manga is that you get to hear his thoughs and frustrations about wanting to confess but is afraid so of getting turn down. Or the girl you like feels like she's out of your league. I went through the same thing in middle and High School and I'm sure others did also.
Old 2006-09-15, 09:28   Link #130
martino
makes no files now

Damn! I even forgot I was watching this...

Don't we all go through the same thing, when we think that the girl is out of our league...
Old 2006-09-15, 10:08   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Potato and I sometimes don't agree ... but the absurd elements of this melodrama really damage the "suspension of disbelief" ... it might have easier to tolerate if the antagonist had been a tentacle alien rather than a knife wielding rapist who seems to be off the crime radar. The core parts of the story actually "feel" pretty realistic --- the guy with raging internal contradictions fueled by hormones versus mature thought. The girls actually sort of seem realistic in personality and motivation rather than surreal fantasy personalities. The animation art is certainly quite a tribute to the manga art.

None of the events *couldn't* have happened (I read a lot of japanese "local news" and the papers tend to relish odd crimes though the police have been guilty until recently of turning a blind eye to sex crimes in which no one is killed)... but it is really tough to believe some of the events don't have repurcussions unless all the characters are yakuza who wouldn't report such things to the police.... and none of these characters are.

The story just doesn't need those somewhat absurd plot points to be compelling relationship melodrama.
Old 2006-09-15, 12:31   Link #132
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarukyu
i wonder if the final episode is being subbed. lol
Last I heard, it was being encoded. Hopefully it will be out soon.
Old 2006-09-16, 02:54   Link #133
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

I just seen the ending it was nice.

Spoiler:

On another note anyone know of a I''s series pending? or another OVA?

Whats wrong with piracy?
Old 2006-09-16, 19:06   Link #134
Jerseykid

Why does this only have to be 6 episodes
Old 2006-09-16, 22:35   Link #135
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
the manga fills in all the huge time gaps right? i think i'll pick some of them up. i want to pick up around where episode 4 left off. that should be around book 5? that girl he met at the beach is going to come visit him at his house and get wet in the rain like in the bonus right?
This may be part of the problem - I can see how if all you've seen is I''s Pure how that would have been your initial impression. Not that I'm the biggest lover of I''s around (like relentlessflame, I enjoy it, but it is what it is), but in the manga those events happen exactly like they do in the anime - but they happen across 15 volumes. When they're stretched out like that, a lot of them aren't really as incredulous as they seem. The "villain" appears in only the first couple of volumes, and then again at the very end when you find out he's developed almost a stalker-ish attitude to Iori. In the anime his importance is somewhat overrated - he's just a small part of the story in the manga.
I thought the sixth episode did a good job of capturing the feeling of the last volume or so of the manga. But in the manga
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-17, 00:59   Link #136
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

is there going to be a bonus episode 6? i would really like a bonus episode 6

why is she shaking his hand at the end..
Old 2006-09-17, 01:22   Link #137
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Am I the only one who thinks the show ended in a quite unsatisfying way?
Old 2006-09-17, 02:23   Link #138
DrewGSR

Time to rewatch From I ' 's. Since its a side story that came out few years ago. Will prolly make more sense now taht we watch the OVAs.

Hmmm, i did enjoy the OVAs but I did feel the ending with happened with Seto and how he was "saved" was like WAY over dramatic. I was like WTF. Anyways overall i enjoyed it.

Theirs no bonus, all the DVDs had bonuses included with the OVA but the last (6th OVA) didn't have any bonus included. So it would be safe to say their isn't one.
Old 2006-09-17, 06:12   Link #139
martino
makes no files now

From I``s is very dissapointing. It barely has a story...

The end was a bit over dramatic, and it felt kinda fast. I mean he was in a coma just for a few hours I guess. That's not enough to make some kind of emotional effect on the viewer, take Lamune for example. It was very nice though.
Old 2006-09-17, 06:36   Link #140
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
The end was a bit over dramatic, and it felt kinda fast. I mean he was in a coma just for a few hours I guess. That's not enough to make some kind of emotional effect on the viewer, take Lamune for example. It was very nice though.
Spoiler for manga:

Tags
drama, romance