AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-16, 23:27   Link #5081
Team Rocket Elite

Congrats to Misaka Mikoto the ISML 2011 Champion! She didn't beat Shana as badly as I thought she would but 50%+1 vote is all she needed to claim victory and she passed that mark with ease. Winning a second championship is much harder than the first. I look forward to see Misaka try next year. Maybe she can at least avoid the standard power decrease that comes with winning.

Better luck next time Shana. Shana does need to hurry up and actually win soon because one of these days her power will start to fade. Next year might be her last chance with Shakugan no Shana ending soon.

It's far too late but Kanade looked to be back to her usual form against Kuroneko. I think Kanade will continue to be a force next year as well. She has to fall quite a long way before the other top tiers can fight with her normally.

I love Kuroneko, but I honestly think she got a but lucky to make the top 4 and it shows with how badly Kanade killed her. After Yuki's collpase, Kuroneko's quarter bracket just wasn't all that strong. Still Kuroneko is one of the top characters in the contest. If there's a new season of OreImo, expect to see Kuroneko back in the post season. Even if there isn't, perhaps you should expect her anyways.

Taiga did pretty much as expected against Azusa. Even thoush it's been years since Toradora came out, Taiga continues to be insanely strong. Barring a collapse, Taiga is going to continue to wreck her competition next year as well.

Taiga doing as expected on Azusa means Azusa did about as expected on Taiga. It's a solid end to the year and she's got the K-On movie to look forward to.

Yuki with a last minute clutch win to retain some of her pride. Overall a disastrous post season. Instead of challenging Misaka, Yuki ended up struggling to beat Katsura Hinagiku for 7th. Heck she fell so much it didn't look like she had much of a chance to win. I'm really not happy about something like this happening to a character I like so much. I'm really hoping Yuki recovers the power since once had next year.

It's kinda strange to call Hinagiku failing to beat Yuki a choke job since she never should have really stood a chance based on the back half of the regular season. 8th place isn't really so bad, though. Maybe some new Hayate anime will boost her strength back up a bit. She's already won once so I guess she's not in any hurry to try and reclaim the top spot.

As Mio tends to do, she looked a bit better than she normally does in close matches. It's nothing huge, though. Like Azusa she has a movie to look forward to as well.

10th is about as much as you could expect from Haruhi. It wasn't too bad a finish against Mio. I think she's got a good chance at making the post season next year.

Big congrats to Yui for finally breaking the Elite Eleven. Since the beginning of the year, there was a huge gap in strength between the 11th and 12th place character. Even if 11th and 12th fought, 11th would win easily. The top 11 were always the same characters Kanade, Misaka, Shana, Kuroneko, Taiga, Azusa, Yuki, Hinagiku, Mio, Haruhi and Eucliwood. I'm not sure why but Yui just had an insanely good post season and managed to cross that gap. On the final day she even managed to take down Eucliwood Hellscythe. I'd give her a good chance at Haruhi as well. Very nice job Yui especially if this is your last post season with Angel Beats already over.

Yui's success also means Eucliwood's failure. As much as I like Eucliwood, I never really got why she's this strong. It's unfortunate she couldn't keep a top 11 position but 12th is still good. She's going to have to fight hard to come back to the post season next year. Maybe the new season will help her out.

Like Yui, this might be Yuri's last post season. She wasn't able to shoot up in strength like Yui did so she only reached 13th place. It's a pretty expected result.

Charlotte really had a good post season. I fully expected her to be stuck in 16th place but she managed to take out not only Nadeko but Hitagi as well. Maybe if there's a new Infinite Stratos season we'll see Charlotte in the post season again.

Hitagi and Nadeko are happy to make the playoffs but couldn't really do anything. I guess not too much could be expected from them. This is probably their last playoff but maybe they'll surprise me and come back next year. I wouldn't mind if that happened.

That should be everyone. Congrats again to Misaka Mikoto on winning and everyone else for even making the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what everyone can do next year.
Old 2011-11-16, 23:33   Link #5082
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In the past I'd not been on board for the entire Fate/Stay Night moe boat in ISML. Rin has some appeal, but Saber didn't really do anything for me (other than provide good story material in the Space Opera)...but now with Carnival Phantasm....yeah. Now if that hits big with the ISML crowd I can see Fate/Stay Night and others hittng hard again next year, with a bit more than just Rin and Saber. For instance Carnival's Caster is ever so cute.
Old 2011-11-16, 23:50   Link #5083
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Sucks that Tenshi didn't win. Averages close to 60% all year, and then loses to Shana inexplicably. Guess she joins the 18-1 Patriots for best team to lose a championship. The azu-nyan vs taiga match is interesting. India and SE Asia must have really been voting a lot (unless we got a lot of voters in Africa) because they are the only ones to vote Azu-nyan and Taiga only won by like 500 votes
Old 2011-11-16, 23:58   Link #5084
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Hitagi and Nadeko are happy to make the playoffs but couldn't really do anything. I guess not too much could be expected from them. This is probably their last playoff but maybe they'll surprise me and come back next year. I wouldn't mind if that happened.
Did you forget about Nisemonogatari/Kizumonogatari coming out next year? Also, you didn't mention the Toradora! ova. Taiga, Hitagi and Nadeko will still be around and still be winning some more. Shana has a legitimate chance next year depending on the finale of her series, and Hina should boost her strength when the movie is released in BD's and subbed. I don't expect anyone on the top16 to do bad anytime soon, but since (except for Kanade and Kuroneko I think) only 8 of them will be able to get to post season, it'll be interesting to see which ones will make the cut.

Oh and, nice post. This thread was really kinda going off topic so thanks.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:00   Link #5085
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I personally want Carnival Phantasm to be liked in ISML.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:04   Link #5086
broken270
Defying gravity

I have to say, those exhibition matches really caught me off guard. I did not expect it to be this one sided: Sena at about 66%, Alice at about 70%, and Subaru (my highest surprise) getting about 75%. I can understand Yuno being her yandere self and all and Rin not from a series that a majority would watch, but the entire world siding against Himari? You people need to watch Penguindrum. The only normal match was Sakura vs. Rei, and I congratulate Sakura for winning her bout.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:21   Link #5087
Ash Falls Town

Congrats winner.

But now on to more important things NEXT YEARS PRELIMINARIES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
In the past I'd not been on board for the entire Fate/Stay Night moe boat in ISML. Rin has some appeal, but Saber didn't really do anything for me (other than provide good story material in the Space Opera)...but now with Carnival Phantasm....yeah. Now if that hits big with the ISML crowd I can see Fate/Stay Night and others hittng hard again next year, with a bit more than just Rin and Saber. For instance Carnival's Caster is ever so cute.
I personally think if Fate gets a boost It'll be from Fate/Zero as opposed to Carnival Phantasm. People watching Zero is going to bring people into the series while Phantasm is only for fans.

Before Zero started many people asked about whether they should watch/read Stay Night first so I think it'll increase knowledge of the entire franchise.
As much as it hurts me to say it visual novel readers are more likely to vote for Fate characters.

(On a personal level Saber annoyed me in Stay Night but I'm liking her in Zero. And Sakura isn't completely superfluous. She might even make nominations.)

On that note I don't think Caster and Rider and Taiga are going to be boosted THAT much.
EDIT: Eh KholdStare disagrees with me. I trust his judgement better than my own so I guess this is ignorable.

Also I'm worried about the bishie tournament. I'm fine with your moe isn't my moe for girls but people who aren't me don't know male moe.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:24   Link #5088
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
Did you forget about Nisemonogatari/Kizumonogatari coming out next year? Also, you didn't mention the Toradora! ova. Taiga, Hitagi and Nadeko will still be around and still be winning some more. Shana has a legitimate chance next year depending on the finale of her series, and Hina should boost her strength when the movie is released in BD's and subbed. I don't expect anyone on the top16 to do bad anytime soon, but since (except for Kanade and Kuroneko I think) only 8 of them will be able to get to post season, it'll be interesting to see which ones will make the cut.

Oh and, nice post. This thread was really kinda going off topic so thanks.
I did forget about Nisemonogatari. I'm not really familiar with what will happen in it but if Hitagi and Nadeko show up it'll definitely help them out. I know about the Toradora OVA but I don't think it'll help Taiga much. I don't think Taiga really needs help, though. I definitely expect her to continue being super strong next year as well.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:25   Link #5089
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well male moe (in a female way) is why Hideyoshi was doing well in Best Moe...before the reset. Hideyoshi was the most moe thing to come out of BakaTest.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:34   Link #5090
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

@Ash Falls Town: I'm not disagreeing with you! I said I personally want Carnival Phantasm to affect ISML, but I have no idea whether or not it will... I guess we'll see.

On a side note, I hope you guys are looking forward to saibishie. We will have some (female) exhibition matches so it will be harder for you to ignore the tournament. :P And it also only lasts 9 voting days.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:37   Link #5091
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'll make the following predictions:

1: Mikoto will have a drop in strength next year

2: Mikoto will however not continue to drop in strength, but with the next season of either Railgun or Index will stay in the top 7

3: Eventually Mikoto will regain strength and come back to win a second Tiara. The exact timing will depend on when she receives a season that highlights her, the weakness of the newcomers field, and the number of years since 2011. The repeat victory will not happen any sooner than 2014.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-11-17, 00:38   Link #5092
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

First and foremost, congratulations to Misaka Mikoto for winning the ISML 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I personally want Carnival Phantasm to be liked in ISML.
I agree... that show is interesting. It will give a huge boost to the Fate/Stay Night characters and maybe bring back characters from Tsukihime (Hisui <3) as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
I did forget about Nisemonogatari. I'm not really familiar with what will happen in it but if Hitagi and Nadeko show up it'll definitely help them out.
Hitagi is my favorite girl, but I'm not expecting that much out of Kizumonogatari since she's not really shown there.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-17, 00:55   Link #5093
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

congratz Mikoto... damn! this year maybe the last chance for Shana to grab tiara... I'm so sad...

if we wait until season 3 ending, then it will be around summer or fall 2012... I doubt it will give Shana better chance (maybe she will meet same fate with Kanade... rating boost in the beginning but defeat in the last)

Shanaaa.... T_____T
Old 2011-11-17, 01:00   Link #5094
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Characters like Yuki and Shana are survivors. They continue to press on at about the same level each year. They sometimes get little dips in preformance, but keep coming back. Usually because they have a very loyal following as their basic voting group.
Old 2011-11-17, 01:10   Link #5095
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

As much as I hate to say this, something needs to happen to the plot or quality of the anime itself to give Shana a better chance. For example, InuYasha: The Final Act gave me renewed respect to the series and consequently its characters as well.
Old 2011-11-17, 01:11   Link #5096
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kuroneko has a sequel series dedicated to her where she and Kyosuke date. I'd be figuring it would air October 2012 since AIC will have the rights and October seems to be the season the aim their big title of the year for. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if Kuroneko wins ISML 2013.

As for 2012 - hmmm. Sena from BwT seems like a big contender, figured she was the first time I saw BwT, she has a chance to win it. Steins;Gate girls qualify but they won't win. Menma from AnoHana qualify but won't win. Ohana from Iroha qualify but not win. I think the existing perennials have a better chance - I only see Sena as the legitimate threat from 2011 shows. I suppose a PMMM girl will qualify - probably Homura - but will get shot down by anti-voting big time.
Old 2011-11-17, 01:14   Link #5097
zato_1one

Monogatari series will not do better in this tournament. I'm 100% sure. Because it looks like only Korea can understand how awesome Senjougahara is.
Old 2011-11-17, 01:18   Link #5098
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Woohoo for Misaka!

Yes ... late to the party, I know....
Old 2011-11-17, 01:27   Link #5099
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Congratulations to Misaka I am happy with her winning this(why do my 2nd choices seem to win? ), though this results makes me really hope Saten and Uihara stand to make it past the prelims next year unlike this year .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Also I'm worried about the bishie tournament. I'm fine with your moe isn't my moe for girls but people who aren't me don't know male moe.
As long as traps/hideyoshi/otherwise feminine males(ie Ruka, or Nitori) are allowed I'll vote for them at the very least
MAL
Old 2011-11-17, 01:28   Link #5100
Sphire

Damn, 3 hours late to the party (and missing things crashing), but ending up with I guess a nice result for me. Congrats Mikoto. The increase in votes definitely helped her, though I still find it kinda funny how strength-wise everything went kinda how regular season ended.

Results also kinda points to me the true end was always Kanade, Shana getting by with a surprise upset the only reason she won. If she had faced Mikoto in the semis, I think she would have won, but then the surprise would've been gone and she'd lose to Kanade. Kinda like how previously in tennis if someone beat Federer in the semis, they'd be all happy until you realize they gotta face Nadal in the final, and their energy was already spent in the semis (and vice-versa).

This was probably Mikoto's best way of winning the Tiara. It doesn't feel wholly satisfying, but a wins a win.

Last note on Hina: not a great year full of stumbling blocks, but you managed to stay close to the girls from 4-8, so that's nice. Only big loss against Kanade, and well, expected. Good luck next year, I'll be hard pressed to vote for you over Menma or Ryuuko though....(if they make it).

Exhibition: was basically murder out there. Not surprised by the result, but cringe at the good characters getting slaughtered. No Mawaru Penguindrum love? Damn. Mayo Chiki looks like it'll be strong next year, but at least I could stomach it for a few more episodes over IS, and heck the main girls are kinda moe. Sena is awesome in my book and the only reason I"m watching Boku Tomodachi. I think Rin will struggle to make it in next year.

Shows I hope will make good appearances next year:
AnoHana, Denpa Onna, Mawaru Penguindrum, Stein's Gate, Bakuman (as unlikely as it looks) and Working! With some others I'd back here and there too.

It'll be interesting to see if the Tiara winner for 2012 comes form the newcomer or veteran side.

And lastly, a bishi tourney? Do we just give the...umm crown(?) to Hideyoshi now? haha. I'd join for that alone.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament