AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-12-10, 12:16   Link #11781
-.EverSleeping.-
Sleeping...

Spoiler for Photobuckets provides no thumbnail:
-.EverSleeping.- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 13:58   Link #11782
Shinzantetsu

Gin-nee and Forwards

Vita

Numbers & Misc

NFV

Spoiler for Spell Eater:

Comics

Nanoha's version of the Little Match Girl is kind of...
Shinzantetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 14:11   Link #11783
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

From this very interesting blog, with some awesome pic' and comics + fanfic :

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2007-12-10 at 14:36.
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 14:21   Link #11784
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.EverSleeping.- View Post
Spoiler for Photobuckets provides no thumbnail:
if you want to retain the original sizing of the image, I suggest that you do it through image shack.

Photobucket actually resizes the images
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 14:58   Link #11785
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
no imageshack sucks use photobucket!
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 15:38   Link #11786
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Now this is a sweet NxF image. None of that fanservicy sexy stuff, but simply a sweet moment.

Should be Nanoha in that chair, though. She's the overworker after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
if you want to retain the original sizing of the image, I suggest that you do it through image shack.

Photobucket actually resizes the images
Depends. Only files larger then 1024X768 (2240x1680 if pro) and adding thumbs is only a matter of adding th_ in front of the filename when posting.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 16:15   Link #11787
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Now this is a sweet NxF image. None of that fanservicy sexy stuff, but simply a sweet moment.

Depends. Only files larger then 1024X768 (2240x1680 if pro) and adding thumbs is only a matter of adding th_ in front of the filename when posting.
Agreed. My favourite pictures are just the casual every day type of image.

And yeah in photobucket just add "th_" before the imagefile name so
http://i20.photobucket.com/Nanoha%20...4575407843.jpg
becomes
http://i20.photobucket.com/Nanoha%20...4575407843.jpg
(got to quote to get full URLS 'cause it shortens them automatically)
and it becomes

and to make it a clickable thumbnail just insert a link and make the link name the picture URL with the th_ in it.

Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 16:45   Link #11788
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Quote:

Thanks, but I'm sorry, nanoha isn't an overworker in my book.
EnseiSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 16:56   Link #11789
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnseiSong View Post
Thanks, but I'm sorry, nanoha isn't an overworker in my book.
*blink* even though Nanoha overworking herself was a major point in StrikerS?
Old 2007-12-10, 17:05   Link #11790
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Quote:
*blink* even though Nanoha overworking herself was a major point in StrikerS?
the show is called nanoha strikers, I can't possibly think they would show other characters as center point. besides the show sucked for the most part, I really don't care what they said/show in strikers, the first two series are better, but not by a whole lot.
Old 2007-12-10, 17:09   Link #11791
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
the show is called nanoha strikers, I can't possibly think they would show other characters as center point.
Erm, yeah But that's not the point.

Judging from Nanoha's daily time-table, and how she keeps pushing herself in and out of combat even though Vita and Fate and just about everybody warned her against doing so, I say she pretty much overworking around the clock.

Quote:
besides the show sucked for the most part, I really don't care what they said/show in strikers, the first two series are better, but not by a whole lot.
Hehhhh~ , by that definition, Vivio doesn't exist right ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 17:20   Link #11792
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm, yeah But that's not the point.

Judging from Nanoha's daily time-table, and how she keeps pushing herself in and out of combat even though Vita and Fate and just about everybody warned her against doing so, I say she pretty much overworking around the clock.

Hehhhh~ , by that definition, Vivio doesn't exist right ?
Yes, that is the point, at least is the point I'm trying to make. Their main focus is nanoha's character and how the people around her help to build her character. Now if they show someone else as the center point, the show won't be called nanoha, and nanoha won't be praised by others as well. For example, second season, the main point is about hayate and the knights, but how long of screen time does hayate get? Probably not as much as nanoha; and the reason the knights ever got any screen time was because they were fighting either fate or nanoha.

As for that second line, I have no idea what you are talking about....
Old 2007-12-10, 17:30   Link #11793
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Guys, be reminded that this is an image thread not a discussion thread. To prevent mods like Skyfall coming here and leaving a sea of dead 'corpses' of posts please stop the discussion.
Old 2007-12-10, 17:30   Link #11794
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yes, that is the point, at least is the point I'm trying to make. Their main focus is nanoha's character and how the people around her help to build her character. Now if they show someone else as the center point, the show won't be called nanoha, and nanoha won't be praised by others as well. For example, second season, the main point is about hayate and the knights, but how long of screen time does hayate get? Probably not as much as nanoha; and the reason the knights ever got any screen time was because they were fighting either fate or nanoha.
Erm, yeah But that's STILL not the point.

Whether the show focuses on Nanoha or not doesn't matter, the fact that canon-wise, Nanoha has been known to push herself to the limits, both in her desk-work, in her training, and in combat.

And this was even before StrikerS, back when she's only 9.

Quote:
As for that second line, I have no idea what you are talking about....
From what you have said, you pretty much meant that you considered everything in StrikerS to not have happened.

Well, that includes Vivio.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 17:47   Link #11795
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Guys, be reminded that this is an image thread not a discussion thread. To prevent mods like Skyfall coming here and leaving a sea of dead 'corpses' of posts please stop the discussion.
Sorry, didn't mean to start anything. For an apology, I'll post something I had done(I normally don't like to post in forums) if no one had seen it. Two page comic I done for fun, here is the post for this comic. link
Spoiler for for size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm, yeah But that's STILL not the point.

Whether the show focuses on Nanoha or not doesn't matter, the fact that canon-wise, Nanoha has been known to push herself to the limits, both in her desk-work, in her training, and in combat.

And this was even before StrikerS, back when she's only 9.

From what you have said, you pretty much meant that you considered everything in StrikerS to not have happened.

Well, that includes Vivio.
Although it seems, my English/second language, wasn't good enough to get my point across. So this can't press on any farther than already has. To make things easier, I should now say "I draw it because I feel like it, and it wasn't meant for anything." The post for that picture is here. link
For the second paragraph, the only thing I can think of to answer that is "sure let's go with that."

So now I'll take my leave.
Old 2007-12-10, 17:57   Link #11796
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I hardly think weŽll get in trouble for discussing images in an image thread, Fuyu. Now if we started to discuss cars or the latest in pop-music, that would be seriously off-topic.

Quote:
Although it seems, my English/second language, wasn't good enough to get my point across. So this can't press on any farther than already has. To make things easier, I should now say "I draw it because I feel like it, and it wasn't meant for anything." The post for that picture is here. link
For the second paragraph, the only thing I can think of to answer that is "sure let's go with that."

So now I'll take my leave.
So, in other words, its more your personal depiction of the Nanoha-world?
Old 2007-12-10, 18:11   Link #11797
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to start anything. For an apology, I'll post something I had done(I normally don't like to post in forums) if no one had seen it. Two page comic I done for fun, here is the post for this comic.
It's okay, I didn't mean to be too harsh or anything It's just that simple discussions have escalated to almost war-like situations and it wasn't pretty so now a few of us try to prevent that

Thanks for the comic. It's really good

Quote:
I hardly think weŽll get in trouble for discussing images in an image thread, Fuyu. Now if we started to discuss cars or the latest in pop-music, that would be seriously off-topic.
Evil Keroko-kun T_T (joke of course )

You guys were talking about Nanoha being the center of the series, overworking herself, etc. I think those topics are best suited to another thread, no?
Old 2007-12-10, 18:15   Link #11798
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Quote:
So, in other words, its more your personal depiction of the Nanoha-world?
I'm sorry to make everyone confused, I should have done this to begin with. After this explanation I'll leave.

To be logical, by the end of strikerS, nanoha did not take the promotion, then stay behind to become just training instructor. At least that's what I saw in the final episode. To me, it seems like she won't be call to the "battle fields" all that often anymore. The reason might be because of vivio. In which nanoha found out, vivio needs someone by her side. With fate gone to continuing on her job as an agent somewhere else, if something were to happen to her (nanoha), vivio would be alone. So that might be the reason, she chose not to take the promotion.

So if that's the case, then think of her work system same as our world - meaning she get's off on sundays, if not saturdays too. So really she isn't overworked on weekends.

As for fate, I suppose it might be hard for her to come back, and to take a break from a leader's job, might be hard to get her work done. So even if she did come to visit nanoha and vivio, she probably have to take at least small portions of work with her.

For the rest, everyone should be able to understand it from the dialogue from the picture.

The reason I post that picture along with that post, it's because me and my friend are trying to post at least one drawing to go with the post. But school is killing both of us at the moment, so we haven't done much lately. Only her newest make-fun comic of nanoha.
Old 2007-12-10, 18:20   Link #11799
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
link
Spoiler for for size:
Does anyone mind translating the Japanese for me? I have an idea of what might be going on, but I'm not sure at this point >.<
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 18:22   Link #11800
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Does anyone mind translating the Japanese for me? I have an idea of what might be going on, but I'm not sure at this point >.<
"Knowing the unchangeable future; If it’s you… what would you do?"

it was in the link I posted. please read that post, i think it might be easier for you to understand.

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw