AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-16, 00:15   Link #3041
mahadev_doom

i am planning to buy umineko ep 4 vn .............i ave a windows 7 64 bit os i just wanted to know if the game and patch will work in 64 bit system (i know its a nooby question)
mahadev_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 00:53   Link #3042
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_doom View Post
i am planning to buy umineko ep 4 vn .............i ave a windows 7 64 bit os i just wanted to know if the game and patch will work in 64 bit system (i know its a nooby question)
No problems at all
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 01:10   Link #3043
mahadev_doom

thanks for the help
mahadev_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 08:02   Link #3044
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Thanks Klashi, I'm also on the side of Anti-Script. I would like everyone to be introduced to Umineko from its most original version: the VN.
Reminds me of the Chinese Umineko forums, where one of the FaQ questions was:

Q: I don't want to play the game, I only want to read the script.
A: Get lost!
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 10:54   Link #3045
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Reminds me of the Chinese Umineko forums, where one of the FaQ questions was:

Q: I don't want to play the game, I only want to read the script.
A: Get lost!
one thing I don't like about the chinese forum is that it somehow encourages piracy. there will be a torrent posted in the forum after the patch is released.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 17:53   Link #3046
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinseiTom View Post

Yeah, this error? I thought I had only gotten this error once, but now that I've tried a few more things, it's popping up all the time. Even though the SE still plays, both 4 and 5 crash as soon as this pops up. It does this on XP (x32) and Win7 (x64) for me.

Sorry, I don't have a tweak for this. Maybe Nadeor knows something?
The BGM and other associated files have to be renamed. Or at least this is the path I used using the NOAPP Traditional Chinese patch. This is because the game requires you to be in Chinese(HK) or Chinese(Taiwan) region and while in this region the game itself cannot read the Japanese filenames. (This is just like when you run with the English patch while in English region and it can't read the Japanese filenames.) Switching to Japanese for non-Unicode programs won't work either, logically speaking because then you won't see the Chinese.

So one of their solutions was to rename all the files with Japanese characters to something else while retaining the kanji. They used a program called unicodeaton_250.exe to do the renaming. I did this all in a virtual machine to keep my system from being 'polluted' just in case there were any viruses. But there didn't seem to be any...

I've uploaded the list of filenames as it appears on my system. Although I'm in Japanese region right now. This is how the filenames look in this region:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P8SV2753

You could switch to Japanese, rename this one file:
Umineko4\SE\落雷3.wav --> Umineko4\SE\クィケp3.wav

and then switch back to Chinese(Taiwan) and run 海貓鳴泣之時_cht_noapp .exe ...

Or rename the whole SE directory. If it gets past the point you were at then you know the renaming method works... then go and rename all the other files.

Someone should really make a .bat file for this instead of this strange Unicode-conversion program... heh. It's not like there are that many files..

Anyways, this method only works for the CHT_NOAPP patch. I'm not sure how the APP patch works... since I got this working I didn't bother looking at that one.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 20:07   Link #3047
shleepers

Hello

Hello, can someone help me. I having trouble trying to get my computer to switch to Japanese for the Umineko Visual Novel. It won't let me download that sort of program. Please help me!!
shleepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 04:52   Link #3048
Rei-Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shleepers View Post
Hello, can someone help me. I having trouble trying to get my computer to switch to Japanese for the Umineko Visual Novel. It won't let me download that sort of program. Please help me!!
Just go to
Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings
and look for the Language for non-Unicode settings.
Set it to Japanese.

It looks like this in Win XP.

Spoiler for Image:
Rei-Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 16:04   Link #3049
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
My brother keeps bugging me to install windows 7. Does Umineko work properly on it? There aren't any gliches, are there?
confused_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 16:30   Link #3050
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_kitsune View Post
My brother keeps bugging me to install windows 7. Does Umineko work properly on it? There aren't any gliches, are there?
Well, it's working fine here. I just needed to manually install 4 or 5 BGM files (someone showed which ones here, a few days ago). You just need to be on Japanese locale.

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Ttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 16:50   Link #3051
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
^ I see, thank you! There shouldn't be any problems then.
confused_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 16:57   Link #3052
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
My rename-oggs program, though meant for use with PSP, might help with other systems. ( http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b0mnymwzzmz )

And does anybody have any feedback on using it with the PSP?

Also, I heard there with rectangles appearing around the sprites on PSP Umineko. Could somebody try unpacking a resized .nsa file and seeing if the corresponding images look okay? If the resizer isn't written to take into account the split image / transparency info, it might produce the problems seen.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 17:10   Link #3053
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
My rename-oggs program, though meant for use with PSP, might help with other systems. ( http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b0mnymwzzmz )

And does anybody have any feedback on using it with the PSP?

Also, I heard there with rectangles appearing around the sprites on PSP Umineko. Could somebody try unpacking a resized .nsa file and seeing if the corresponding images look okay? If the resizer isn't written to take into account the split image / transparency info, it might produce the problems seen.
That's definitely the case with the resizer.

I did modify the onscripter resize code to account for multiple cells during game playback, but unfortunately the nsa converter has only the flat files with no info about how many cells or alpha data, and if the resulting image doesn't have a width divisible by the number of cells & alpha components, those sorts of rectangling artifacts can show up.

I've been working on a way to maybe have onscripter detect probable resized files and avoid those artifacts, but so far no dice.

Uncle Mion
Old 2009-12-19, 03:24   Link #3054
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

How do you work the renaming oggs program?
Old 2009-12-19, 03:43   Link #3055
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I keep getting a certain error when I try to open the EP5 game in Japanese. At the very beginning, when there is a 'crash' sound, there is some weird error message popping up about ME's. And I still can't fix it.

EDIT: Ah, it's fine now. I tried re-installing with AppLocale. What a useful device.

Last edited by Kirroha; 2009-12-19 at 04:06.
Old 2009-12-19, 04:19   Link #3056
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

... No, it still isn't working. It only seems to work at first after I installed and pressed the button to try it out, but after that it crashes again. Help?

And I'm not missing any files. The only way it won't crash is if I open it via launcher.exe on the DVD, but I can't do that all the time, and especially not after the english patch is out. I can take a screenshot of the error if anyone needs it.
Old 2009-12-19, 04:22   Link #3057
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Switch to Japanese mode. That pretty much solves most of the problems encountered.

Give us a screenshot of your error because it could also be a file error.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 06:00   Link #3058
rogerpepitone

Another possible solution for the renaming .oggs problem: Instead of leaving them raw, put them into a .nsa file. That way, you bypass the operating system's naming completely.
Old 2009-12-19, 06:24   Link #3059
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Another possible solution for the renaming .oggs problem: Instead of leaving them raw, put them into a .nsa file. That way, you bypass the operating system's naming completely.
well, that would make the patch a LOT larger in size
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 06:59   Link #3060
rogerpepitone

Or distribute a special program designed to do that. If need be, it could be run with applocale, and would only need to be run once.

Tags
translation