Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-11, 20:58   Link #421
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
I would simply like to add, that if you study the laws of physics you would discover, that the center of the earth has about the same level of heat as the SURFACE of the sun! Take a look at these links!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_core

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

Technicly Ace can create a similar inferno. But hes Devilt fruit takes time to activate. For him to "warm up" so to speak, and only an opponent of somewhat equal strength(like blackbeared)can do that to him. So yes, Akainu can create tempatures fast, that are HOTTER then Aces normal fire. Hower if Ace is given enough time to truly"activate" hes ability, than there really is no limit to just how HOT he can get! I ben he could easily BURN that punk ass admiral
Ace cannot create anywhere near that level of heat, and never has. If he could, everything would literally burst into flames around him from convection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Magma is liquid rock. The melting point of rock is approximately 1,200 degrees celcius.

I don't know if plasma temperatures can go that high, but that's a pretty high number to beat.

The heat of fire varies depending on what it's burning, so I can't make an average guess on how hot Ace's flames might've been, but it's easy to assume it wasn't on the level of Akainu's magma.
Even at the low end plasma is about three times hotter, but there's no way Ace could successfully make it. Burning oxygen just won't cut it.
Old 2010-09-11, 21:04   Link #422
Netevolution

I dont know can air be "burned" I guess air kind of acts as some kind of "fuel" to fire. In any case, im a bit dissapointed by Odas desicion for Aces last moments. I think the punk ass admiral(because he really is a punk ass)got Ace off guard on hes weak spot, when he was still recovering from hes battle with Blackbeared and the sea stone cuffs. I believe that Akainu can temporarily burn Ace, by creating tempatures hotter then Aces fire. Akainu has the advantake that he can create the hotter tempature INSTANTLY, while Ace cant! He has to get really, REALLY mad for him to do that, and we have already seen it happane once. He created a miniature sun! The ultimate firebending ability!

Anyway, not gonna return to this topic anymore. I understand that in theory it is possible for Akainu to hurt Ace, by creating a tempature hotter than hes current fire. Yes,TEMPORARILY! But in the long run Aces fire has no limits to how hot it can BURN! The only thing that literally could put it out was a BLACKHOLE! Both of these powers are beyonds Akainus ability to handle. I hope that punk ass gets beaten soon
Old 2010-09-11, 21:22   Link #423
james0246

^Ace didn't create a miniture sun, he simply created a gigantic fireball. There's nothing "hulkish" about Ace's power, he doesn't "burn brighter" or become hotter when he is angrier. What you see is what you get; Ace's fire was simply no match for Akainu's magma.
Old 2010-09-11, 21:31   Link #424
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
I dont know can air be "burned" I guess air kind of acts as some kind of "fuel" to fire. In any case, im a bit dissapointed by Odas desicion for Aces last moments. I think the punk ass admiral(because he really is a punk ass)got Ace off guard on hes weak spot, when he was still recovering from hes battle with Blackbeared and the sea stone cuffs. I believe that Akainu can temporarily burn Ace, by creating tempatures hotter then Aces fire. Akainu has the advantake that he can create the hotter tempature INSTANTLY, while Ace cant! He has to get really, REALLY mad for him to do that, and we have already seen it happane once. He created a miniature sun! The ultimate firebending ability!

Anyway, not gonna return to this topic anymore. I understand that in theory it is possible for Akainu to hurt Ace, by creating a tempature hotter than hes current fire. Yes,TEMPORARILY! But in the long run Aces fire has no limits to how hot it can BURN! The only thing that literally could put it out was a BLACKHOLE! Both of these powers are beyonds Akainus ability to handle. I hope that punk ass gets beaten soon
Air alone cannot create plasma, not without another fuel source of much greater potency. For all your claims of "physics", you need to get educated on the subject. Moreover, you're making a ton of things up.

Ace was not recovering in any way from his battle with Blackbeard. That was over weeks ago. Recovery from seastone is instant and leaves no lasting effects. Again, more nonsense. He wasn't caught off-guard, either. He tried to hit Akainu and got burned for his foolishness, then purposefully saved Luffy. No cheap shots. Getting mad does not make Ace's fire any hotter. He made a giant fireball, not a miniature Sun.

Ace's fire cannot burn at levels higher than magma. It doesn't have a proper fuel source to create that kind of heat. Learn what you're talking about.
Old 2010-09-11, 22:09   Link #425
Munty192
Life is a Game...

really physic we arguing about, come on we have people turning into dinosaurs and fire and smoke and and come on, which part of physic say the human body can stand so much cellular deconstruction and reconstruction and what more, we thinking about these things 2 much and making it into a science, lets just enjoy the the 2 more weeks of waiting
Old 2010-09-12, 00:06   Link #426
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Hower if Ace is given enough time to truly"activate" hes ability, than there really is no limit to just how HOT he can get! I ben he could easily BURN that punk ass admiral
Lets just assume that Akainu has already nigh mastered his fruit, whilst Ace has yet to accomplish that.

That explains how Akainu was able to 'burn' Ace. Or maybe it was just the fact that magma can put out fire (thats why Akainu said his fruit was superior to Ace's). Or maybe it was just haki.

Many, many options.
Old 2010-09-12, 00:57   Link #427
Fuujin
Raijin's Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Or maybe it was just the fact that magma can put out fire (thats why Akainu said his fruit was superior to Ace's).
Well, I can't think of a reason why Oda would specifically have Akainu say that, if it wasn't the actual reason...
Old 2010-09-12, 05:12   Link #428
Kallen4life

morbosfist is right on all accounts

Ace's fire is fire that you get when you burn wood .. although his Fire Fist and Flame Column (?) attacks also show kinetic explosive force behind them (like from a regular TNT or grenade explosion), because otherwise Hiken (Fire Fist) couldn't have ripped those ships in Arabasta apart like that .. but that's it .. it can be seen in Kizaru too - even though he's supposed to be 'just light' - his foot charged blast explodes with massive force like something from DBZ .. light/laser doesn't do that, it just burns through .. and even Enel - his El Thor & Raigou attacks seem more like standard energy spheres/beams, rather then lightning

anyway, back on topic, Akainu is 1) solid rock which smothers flame by cutting away oxygen 2) his temperatures are several times higher (probably) 3) this is OP and Akainu clearly stated that Mero Mero is simply inferior to his unnamed Lava Fruit .. that is all

armor-haki is another option, if it, when used, literally treats the body of the one being attacked as human flesh & bones (for the duration of the physical contact) then Akainus magma simply burned Aces flesh and fire has nothing to do with it .. Akainu almost 100% has armor-haki (the 3 admirals protecting the execution stand from WB's shockwave) and I'm pretty sure Akainu can at the very least match Ace's Haki even if Ace has Kings Haki (Akainu is a very big Determinator, whereas Ace was being kinda emo for some time now and not in the best mental state when facing Akainu .. that has to effect haki potency methinks)

and plasma is even hotter then magma, but Ace is obviously NOT plasma, just by looking at him .. and plasma has (should) to be contained in an magnetic field until it actually hits anyway

Aces ability isn't all that powerful I think .. I mean regular fire is hardly a threat in OP - back on Little Garden even Vivi and Nami were subjected to fire when they got out of that wax cake and they were fine .. his main advantages would be being logia (defense) and the explosive force of Fire Fist I mentioned above - which actually allows to blow things up, rather then hoping regular fire can burn someone to death (this IS OP we're talking about) .. Croc's ability is better I think (except for the water weakness .. that seriously sucks)

though Mero Mero is one of the cooler ones

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2010-09-12 at 05:22.
Old 2010-09-12, 12:22   Link #429
ShadowKiko

You mean Mera Mera... mero mero its hancocks fruit
Old 2010-09-12, 12:26   Link #430
Kallen4life

probably .. sorry then
Old 2010-09-12, 14:34   Link #431
trafalgarcito

how did ace got the mera mera in the first place??
Old 2010-09-12, 14:46   Link #432
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafalgarcito View Post
how did ace got the mera mera in the first place??
He found it by chance? Just like all devil fruit users?

Probably only a handful of people in the world know what the DF's origins are if any.

Folks just happen to find them drifting on the sea sometimes. That's probably what happened with Ace.
Old 2010-09-12, 15:31   Link #433
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I think one has to keep in perspective that the Ace v.s. Akainu fight ace was severely weakened ant not at 100%. The evidence for that is pretty iron clad. His vivre card had already shrunk substantially before luffy rescued him. I don't dispute Akainu's logia fruit was higher on the higher archy than ace's fruit. I somehow doubt we'd get the One hit Kill that we saw if Ace was not in the state he was in.
Old 2010-09-12, 16:29   Link #434
Kallen4life

seastone effects wear off immediately after release

and Ace matched ADMIRAL Aokiji evenly without any trouble

also, BB took out Ace solo .. BB AND whole crew RAN from Akainu, leaving Bonney & the ship they wanted
Old 2010-09-12, 16:36   Link #435
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Ace was not weakened because of Seastone, he was beaten and tortured to a near death state which burned up his Vivre card. He was already severely weakened without his cuffs.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-09-12, 16:49   Link #436
Kallen4life

didn't look tortured

he was also pretty cheerful & perky right after getting out of the cuffs and, like I said, matched Aokiji

even if he was tired - how does that affect fire vs magma debate .. he got hit deliberately, protecting Luffy
Old 2010-09-12, 17:05   Link #437
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Once he was rescued, Ace's Vivre Card immediately grew back to full size as I recall. At the very least, it wasn't burning even when Ace had his arm burnt by Akainu. Only when he took the gut shot did it burn down to the sliver it was before.
Old 2010-09-12, 17:09   Link #438
marvelB

Welp, just a couple more weeks to go, folks....!

Anyways, now that we're finally on the brink of reaching the long-awaited Merman Island arc, I've gotta say that what I'm most looking forward to from it is the inevitable flashback involving the history of Fisher Tiger and the Sun pirates. Speaking of that, I also have the feeling that the World Nobles will end up being the main villains of this storyline. After all, now that Whitebeard's gone, they're free to pilfer as many mer-slaves from the island as they please (while I'm sure that Jinbei will put up a valiant effort in protecting his brethren, I doubt that he alone is strong enough to stop the mobs of slave traders that will undoubtedly invade his homeland). Also, seeing as the nobles have declared a vendetta against Luffy, I think there's no better time for them to have their revenge against him than during this arc. Plus, as I mentioned before in a prediction of mine, this would be a great way for the Straw-Hats to make their presence known again after laying low for 2 years (ESPECIALLY if Luffy decides to take Whitebeard's place as the island's guardian).

...Oh, and I'm also looking forward to the #1 mer-swordsman to appear in this arc, as well. He's been alluded to almost as long as Jinbei has, after all......
Old 2010-09-12, 18:50   Link #439
noktown

This is going to be the 3rd Week w/o one piece right ?
Old 2010-09-12, 21:09   Link #440
hero147

I really want the World Nobles to be the main antagonists of the next arc. It's just so gratifying to anticipate that they'll get what's coming to them soon enough. I hope we see Luffy knockout another World Noble to reiterate his presence within the Grandline and this time, actually have the power to backup his actions eg take down an admiral. While I doubt Luffy will be Admiral level in 2 years, I think, by working together with his newly-trained crew, defeating an admiral may not be that far of a stretch.
Closed Thread