AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 244
10: Amazing... 3 21.43%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 1 7.14%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 2 14.29%
7 out of 10: Good... 2 14.29%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 28.57%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 7.14%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 7.14%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-12, 01:23   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 244 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Killer Bee and Motoi
- キラービーとモトイ ~ Kirābī to Motoi .

Animation Supervisor: Kouji Furuya & Beom-Seok Hong (235, 226, 218)
Storyboard: Hideki Takayama (225, 221, 208)
& Episode Director: Hideki Takayama
Screenplay: Shin Yoshida (236, 233, 229)

Next Episode:
Another Trial! Naruto vs. The Nine-Tails!! - さらなる試練! ナルトVS九尾!! ~ Saranaru Shiren! Naruto VS Kyūbi!!.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 07:47   Link #2
HasuMasu
*Artist

i didn't think much of this...but the end was...damn.
Old 2012-01-12, 08:14   Link #3
Moridin

Was this the most rushed Naruto episode ever? It was almost like a filler in the sense that the entire story was contained within that single episode.
When the squid arrived I sighed and thought it would be a long drawn out battle over the next three or so episodes mixed in with more "i tried to kill bee" flashbacks. Instead, the fight was over before it started.
Also, wtf was wrong with the faces during flashback. The kids noses and mouths where roughly twice the size of normal.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:52   Link #4
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
When the squid arrived I sighed and thought it would be a long drawn out battle over the next three or so episodes mixed in with more "i tried to kill bee" flashbacks. Instead, the fight was over before it started.
Why would you even expect them to stretch a battle against some random mob over 3 episodes?

Quote:
Was this the most rushed Naruto episode ever? It was almost like a filler in the sense that the entire story was contained within that single episode.
I'm pretty sure the series has had some pretty short flashbacks in the past.

The episode was actually slower than I thought. I expected it to also cover the part at the waterfall that's shown in the preview.

Last edited by neshru; 2012-01-12 at 09:33.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 14:03   Link #5
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Also, wtf was wrong with the faces during flashback. The kids noses and mouths where roughly twice the size of normal.

It was actually quite dragged out compared to the manga which was 1 and a half chapters in comparison.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:16   Link #6
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Returned as a friend told me fillers was ending. Thought this was better than last week. Finding that the animation quality is crappy.

Tomoi is a weak sauce character. He is supposed to be Eight tales friend? meeeh! the whole story is too close to gaara-was-hated-by-everyone too.

the next week bit was exciting. whoooshhh! If Naruto learns to control the Nine-Tails does that mean that it won't kill him? And I wonder what that will do for his hermit mode.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:20   Link #7
Lumir

What a good episode. Was all flash back but good history on killa bee and his friend. The ending was epic and it can be said that killa bee really is a strong person. And not just for his powers ect, but for his mastery of his own person.

Looks like naruto is going to have to face and tame both his hatred side and the kyuubi. Will be epic for sure if he can master the kyuubi. With the sage chakra how can anyone hope to stand up to a force like that?
Old 2012-01-13, 01:50   Link #8
itachi-san314

I loved the end, but the whole episode seemed to drag on and on. I actually lost my attention halfway through and started doing something else and then was like "oh yea, I'm watching naruto! wtf am I doing?" but yea, it was very average imo. great ending though. it really helped to further enhance bee's character which is really vital at this point.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 02:07   Link #9
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

The music that played when Motoi confessed how he tried to kill Bee ..

Could that be .. a new sound track?

Is this a sign that they'd be finally releasing Shippuden OST 3 since a new batch of soundtracks are out and being introduced slowly .?
Old 2012-01-13, 14:58   Link #10
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Naruto is an idiot.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 15:00   Link #11
ookamigirl

The info about Bee was pretty interesting.
Naruto could totally relate to that whole story..
Neither of them had an easy life.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 16:03   Link #12
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The info about Bee was pretty interesting.
Naruto could totally relate to that whole story..
Neither of them had an easy life.
Agree with you there, I can see that making them close later on in the episodes when they get to know each other more.

I thought the ending was pretty cool
Old 2012-01-14, 00:38   Link #13
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

I just have to get this off me.

The scene between Motoi and Bee was so emotional and great. One of my favorite Naruto scenes instantly.

But Naruto had to spoil it with the 'yay'.
Old 2012-01-14, 08:18   Link #14
Jouten

This episode felt like a filler...
Old 2012-01-15, 22:56   Link #15
yogotah

I felt like this was a great episode, man really emotional at the end...Naruto Shippuuden is really good at inserting music to make each moment its fullest. You could say that Motoi is a weak character, but he did his role well, which was to introduce us to Bee and his life and strong will so yeah no action this episode, but this was amazing to me. Ten outta ten
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 23:02   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Naruto's flashback episodes are achievers to me, and this one about Motoi & Bee way back to their childhood friendship deserves my praise.

Like all Jinchurikki, Bee's fate wasn't different, but somehow as a child coped with the ostracism and hatred, and then subverted into something good. I probably mean that it took him an unsurmountable patience and good-will to subdue any lingering grudge he held against the people of his Village, and instead focus it in his passion for rap and singing.

What I can see from the conclusion between Motoi and Bee is that the latter dismissed all the bad stuff and only kept the good memories at how both used to play together when kids.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion