AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-08-13, 19:00   Link #281
ukulelembo
Detective

Spoiler:
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 19:21   Link #282
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Spoiler:
HA, awesome. Also, just noticed two humorous things in the OP. The carnival scene with Caster and Souichirou, it seems the prize for that game was a Saber Lily figure. And when they're all dancing early on with their arms in the air, everyone seems to be really into it... except Archer.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 04:27   Link #283
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what's the meaning of KnK?
Kara no Kyoukai (KnK),a light novel which was written by Nasu Kinoko, the main founder of Type Moon before he even founded Type Moon.it was adapted into 7 anime movies by ufotable. KnK shared the same universe as Fate and Tsukuhime and featured a girl named Ryougi Shiki who has Mystic Eyes of Death Perception and her male classmate Kokuto Mikiya.I recommend you to watch the movies or read the novel because Knk has an excellent story despite it's pretty hard to understand the story after you read it the first time.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 09:22   Link #284
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
KnK shared the same universe as Fate and Tsukuhime and featured a girl named Ryougi Shiki who has Mystic Eyes of Death Perception and her male classmate Kokuto Mikiya..
err...What? They don't share the same "universe" and are set in alternate worlds. Fate and Tsukihime* didn't share the same universe either. It's just that Zeltrech can go around different dimensions with his sorcery.

I second your recommendation though. KnK movies were epic and anything by Nasu is a worthy read.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 09:57   Link #285
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I can't seem to get this out from my head:
Spoiler for Warning! Possible spoiler!:

Btw did you folks notice that the Assassin in both OP (mass dance part) and ED are actually cut-outs?

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2011-08-14 at 10:12.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 10:02   Link #286
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Possibly. I know when I was reading the manga, about 80% of the Tsukihime jokes were dead to me since I've never played the game or watched KnK. You'll probably fare a lot better since you've at least done one route and watched KnK.

But then again, I'm mostly interested in the Fate portion anyway. Maybe I'll end up liking some of the Tsukihime characters enough to play the game and watch KnK afterward.
What manga were you referring to?

Quote:
At the very least, wiki the names of the characters. That'd probably be the most beneficial thing you could do without spending days or weeks on the games.
Yup, I'll do that once I start watching, though I do remember all the character names from Tsukihime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Read the Melty Blood manga. That would do the trick.
Hmm...I think I'm more likely to finish Tsukihime than read 9 volumes of scanlations :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Anyway, as explained, you would be fine with these OVA if you know the original story of Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.

However, few subtles points and jabs might not make any sense if you don't expand to the other stuff such like Melty Blood (Shion and Risbief would be total mystery for those who just read tsukihime and F/SN).
And considering the opening and ending, there are also some trend within nasuverse that would be hard to get by without the other more obscure stuff (Kagetsu Tohya and Tsukihime plus for Ren and Satsuki etc).
Spoiler for Satsuki:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Far side of the moon routes isn't exactly that necessary, but knowledge from Melty Blood and Kagetsu Tohya help a lot for various antics with the Tsukihime characters.
Okay, I see. Thank you all for replying; so basically there isn't much more to it other than the rest of the Tsukihime routes and the Melty Blood stuff? I think I should be fine then.

Btw the reason why I haven't finished Tsukihime was that I felt uneasy with the
Spoiler for Tsukihime VN:
, however I regret not knowing the story of Kohaku and what's-that-other-twin's-name as well as Ciel's. But I digress, not that it matters now.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 10:14   Link #287
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobodan View Post
Btw the reason why I haven't finished Tsukihime was that I felt uneasy with the
Spoiler for Tsukihime VN:
, however I regret not knowing the story of Kohaku and what's-that-other-twin's-name as well as Ciel's. But I digress, not that it matters now.
Spoiler for If it helps:
Old 2011-08-14, 10:45   Link #288
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Spoiler for If it helps:
Spoiler for Tsukihime, Fate/stay night VN:
Thank you for your opinion/suggestion anyway
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 11:04   Link #289
GDB

Quote:
What manga were you referring to?
I can't seem to find it anymore, but there's a Carnival Phantasm manga. I got bored though because I couldn't find any translated FSN chapters, only Tsukihime ones.
Old 2011-08-14, 12:23   Link #290
Sheep_

Take Moon is the manga Carnival Phantasm is based on.

But only vol 1 and a few other stories from vol 2 have been translated.
Old 2011-08-14, 13:56   Link #291
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*watches first ep despite chinese sub*

Spoiler for *See This*:

argnaoa;bnlaknbt;aethb'paigj;dskfvbsldbaatetbn

[BRB Rebooting Brain]

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 20:09   Link #292
Candyshark

Anyone knows who voices Nekos?

It's so refreshing hearing established voice actors goofing around especially after swarm of Kugyuus and Kanas.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 00:14   Link #293
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Anyone knows who voices Nekos?

It's so refreshing hearing established voice actors goofing around especially after swarm of Kugyuus and Kanas.
Neko Arc (the main Neko Arc): Yuzuki Ryoka. TypeMoon role: Arcueid (Melty Blood and after).
Neko Arc Chaos (the black chain-smoker): Mr Nakata Jouji. TypeMoon roles: Araya Souren, Nrvnsqr Chaos (Melty Blood and after), Kotomine Kirei (and probably whatever main villian TypeMoon can come up with in the future. They are his fans after all...)
Neko Arc Destiny (the one with the pink hair): Tanaka Atsuko. TypeMoon role: Caster.
Neko Arc Bubbles(?) (the one that keeps nodding and not talking): Sakuma Kumi. TypeMoon role: Ciel.

I think TypeMoon has a policy of fixing one VA to one character and seldom (almost never) uses a VA for anyone else other than the character s/he is assigned to. The only exception is Mr Nakata. And maybe Saber Extra, though one can argue that that Saber and the main Saber are totally different (though visually similiar) characters.

And come to think of it... isn't this the first time Nanako is being voiced? =3

Signature by liro
Old 2011-08-15, 00:47   Link #294
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
err...What? They don't share the same "universe" and are set in alternate worlds. Fate and Tsukihime* didn't share the same universe either. It's just that Zeltrech can go around different dimensions with his sorcery.

I second your recommendation though. KnK movies were epic and anything by Nasu is a worthy read.
Maybe we have a different understanding of what "same universe" is. My understanding is that "same universe" means similar settings. It does not mean the characters from Fate,Tsukuhime and KnK would meet each other somewhere. The three stories are kind of coexist in the parallel worlds (not interfering).This is my understanding but your understanding is okay as well.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 01:23   Link #295
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
HA, awesome. Also, just noticed two humorous things in the OP. The carnival scene with Caster and Souichirou, it seems the prize for that game was a Saber Lily figure. And when they're all dancing early on with their arms in the air, everyone seems to be really into it... except Archer.
Actually Archer WAS smiling too =3.

The ones that I noticed having a straight face or nonchalant look are Akiha, Len, Hisui, Nrvnqsr, Kotomine, Roa, Kuzuki, and maybe Ries, Sion and Caren as well.

Signature by liro
Old 2011-08-15, 12:01   Link #296
Candyshark

Thanks Estavali. Not being able to reconize Tanaka and Yuzuki shame on me.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 12:11   Link #297
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Actually Archer WAS smiling too =3.
To be fair, I was comparing him to the likes of Ilya and Shirou, who were really into it.
Old 2011-08-15, 16:21   Link #298
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Maybe we have a different understanding of what "same universe" is. My understanding is that "same universe" means similar settings. It does not mean the characters from Fate,Tsukuhime and KnK would meet each other somewhere. The three stories are kind of coexist in the parallel worlds (not interfering).This is my understanding but your understanding is okay as well.
No, we have the same understanding. Just that universe generally refers to universe and not settings. Parallel dimensions/universe/worlds is what they are set it. It's kind of a mess because people call the settings Nasuverse yada yada.

Quote:
Spoiler for Tsukihime, Fate/stay night VN:
Thank you for your opinion/suggestion anyway
Spoiler for thoughts; contains spoilers for FSN/Tsukihime:
Old 2011-08-15, 17:37   Link #299
Alteriya
Realization Dawning

When is the full ver. of Super Affection coming out? Apologize if it was in earlier pages, I sifted through a few, but not all =/
Alteriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 13:49   Link #300
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I really wanted to wait for subs, but couldn't help it any longer, so I watched the first 10 min episode... hilarious

It's so nice to see all these characters that went through HELL in the original games and adaptions, having a chance to laugh it off and act silly, yet in character

And please subs, I could only get half the dialogue, maybe less

As for a favourite quote: "Your stuff (are) MY stuff" sayeth Gilgamesh
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fate/extra, fate/stay night, melty_blood, tsukihime, type-moon