AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 19.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 24.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 32.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-04, 01:07   Link #21
TJR

I liked the Romancing SaGa reference (including the use of Kenji Ito's typical style of music for the series), but on the whole, the humor wasn't quite as effective as in previous episodes.
Old 2011-11-04, 01:12   Link #22
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

so kobato wears a red contact? or did they just mess up and make both her eyes blue at the end there?
Old 2011-11-04, 01:20   Link #23
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^--- I believe that since she assumed the role of her favorite character, she sought contacts to complete the role. This episode seems to have silently confirmed that.

And, am I the only one who found it odd when Kobato took control of Maria's character, it retained Maria's voice? Surely the game isn't as advanced as a voice recognition storage, as far as I can tell the players voice is transmitted through it (for example when Yozora giggled).

Though it was funny hearing Maria speak Kobato's way

bbl
Old 2011-11-04, 01:22   Link #24
Kagayaki

It was like I was watching episode 2 again, except with all the character development replaced with reference-based humor. It didn't make me ragequit or anything, but I didn't laugh once.

Ok, they did a decent job of showing how nice a guy Kodaka is. But that was really the only notable thing that happened in this episode.
Old 2011-11-04, 01:39   Link #25
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
For obvious reasons I really loved the episode... the more Kobato, the better... even with loli nuns around... brings out a different aspect of her persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Now there won't be endless questions about Kobato's heterochromia.
I thought so too, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzsal View Post
so kobato wears a red contact? or did they just mess up and make both her eyes blue at the end there?
Old 2011-11-04, 01:49   Link #26
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzsal View Post
Her mother was English. Most likely her natural eye color is blue.
Old 2011-11-04, 01:49   Link #27
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

My fear about the additional cast members have come to light. Thus far they really weaken the show. The Sena, Yozora, Kodaka trio was far more interesting alone. I guess Rika is ok, but loli nun and loi sister really, really are kind of annoying. The trap is just kind of there at the moment, but he/she is far better than than the nun and the sister.

Weakest episode of the series so far. Though I still found some semblances of entertainment here and there. Favorite line being "this game is unbalanced" . I give it a 6/10.
Old 2011-11-04, 02:18   Link #28
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Can't help but notice how many parodies they included in this episode. The parodies alone kept me entertained throughout.
Old 2011-11-04, 02:25   Link #29
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Agree that this is weakest episode so far, they omitted too many good stuffs to make up with faster pace

There should be development with Kodaka and Maria beforehand. On episode 4 we didn't know that Maria only eat potato chip all the time, and Kodaka know that she stocked so much after he decided to make her lunch box although he did mention it to Kobato but it felt too weak. And wasn't Maria suppose to dislike (or at least not respecting) Kodaka before he told her some jokes?

The change and additional scenes on Romancing Saga part is refreshing and it's a plus for me. Rika look more like Yuna from FF X-2 version and Maria join the party for real, as Index, lol. Though no "Believe in Yourself" spamming nor additional useless skills for Kodaka, no Warasubo's dying words, and no "Believe in Yourself" upgrade made it less funny. The same as when Yozora tricked Sena, it felt less funny, not because I have read the manga but I just felt it was plainly executed :\

But when Kobato came with Maria's character, speaking like her usual self but with Maria's voice, that was gold, especially when she got burnt when she mocking the king, that was the funniest scene for me on this episode.

The loli catfight was cute with they shouting their attack names. I like it too when Kobato scream "Aho aho aho" and the dialogue between Kobato, Maria, and Kodaka whether Kobato is Kodaka's little sister. But shame they used the "se-" joke for the next episode preview part

And they immediately go to Karaoke episode next week? Well can't say I like it, but oh well at least we will get this:

Rika is so much win
Old 2011-11-04, 02:44   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Romancing SaGa FOURTEEN? WTF, where's the other 11 that I have missed? (or even counting the original SaGas, Frontier, Unlimited, and Last Remnant, still 4 missing) Damn, I love that RPG series to bits, I want MOAR! XD

And going by the scene near the end, main 'enemy' girl for Yozora to watch out for Kodaka's heart is not Sena, but Rika? WTF lol.

Still find it ironic that they referenced OreImo when talking about Kobato, whose VA is the one who 'stole' the aniki from the imouto in that anime.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-11-04, 02:57   Link #31
Jenesay

It feels like they were trying to fill this episode with way to much stuff and the result is very average. They are trying to move the plot way to fast forward for my liking and missed out on the really funniest parts imo. 6/10 for this ep and easily the weakest ep by a large margin.
Old 2011-11-04, 03:12   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I find it curious that a number of the comments in the thread are saying that it was "better in the manga", which is an adaptation of the light novels. I am curious if it's the manga that enhanced the light novel content, or if it's just that the manga was more faithful to the light novel. Given that I haven't seen either, I guess I have no frame of reference, other than that I find it interesting that a large number of criticisms have been from those familiar with the earlier versions. It could also simply be that most of the viewers commenting around here know the manga (more manga readers than "anime-only" viewers on AnimeSuki for this show?).

(This isn't trying to say that there haven't been criticisms from anime-only viewers too. Just that there's a lot of "the manga was better".)
Old 2011-11-04, 03:14   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I find it curious that a number of the comments in the thread are saying that it was "better in the manga", which is an adaptation of the light novels. I am curious if it's the manga that enhanced the light novel content, or if it's just that the manga was more faithful to the light novel. Given that I haven't seen either, I guess I have no frame of reference, other than that I find it interesting that a large number of criticisms have been from those familiar with the earlier versions. It could also simply be that most of the viewers commenting around here know the manga (more manga-readers than "anime-only" viewers on AnimeSuki for this show?).

(This isn't trying to say that there haven't been criticisms from anime-only viewers too. Just that there's a lot of "the manga was better".)
Very simply put, more people tend to read the Manga than the Light Novel

I myself started with the Manga first before moving on to the English translated Light Novels, followed by the Chinese translated Light Novels when that ran out of chapters.
Old 2011-11-04, 03:49   Link #34
Sumeragi
Banned

This picture seems appropriate.

Old 2011-11-04, 03:58   Link #35
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The introduction shouldn't have weakened the group, but their way of rushing thing sure did make people think like that.

Given the manga has been around for a while, it's not surprise that most people know what is missed and what should have been there. I just hope anime-watching-only people don't think Kobato and Maria are just thrown in there because they need more loli in the show.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:04   Link #36
ZeKeR
Superbad

That blacksmith Sena was talking about? Oh Archer... could you come here for a moment?

and inb4 Index parody....

also, I believe that Kobato is a girl that really has heterochromia. didnt note the contact thing.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:16   Link #37
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
and inb4 Index parody....
Too late .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

LOL.
Old 2011-11-04, 04:19   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
This picture seems appropriate.

I want one with Maria bonking Kobato on the head with her staff
Old 2011-11-04, 05:07   Link #39
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Ah, Romancing Saga. I only played part 3 and the PS2 remake, though .
@episode: Uhm ... it was okay-ish. The class description felt oddly familar. I cannot remember to have read the corresponding manga chapter as I ignored the manga so far. Kobato's evil speech and being roasted in return was one of the funniest things in this episode. The usual Yozora <-> Sena quarrel was boring in comparison to the Monster Hunter episode.
I found Maria actually quite nice with her onii-chan reaction when Kodaka gave her the lunch box. Seeing the full cupboard of potato chips seems like she did a tons of work for Yozora already (if it's 1 pack per task). Other than that? The "special effects" when Kobato switched to vampire-impersonating were done well. And Rika's happy expression when she's not in pervy-mode was lovely.
Though, the personal highlight for me was the end when Kobato sneaked in her onii-chan's bed. It was simply too cute. I don't have a straight imouto bias, but if it's done well I certainly will not complain.
Old 2011-11-04, 05:26   Link #40
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^-yeah, Kobato in a nightie was killer to my desires

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
And they immediately go to Karaoke episode next week? Well can't say I like it, but oh well at least we will get this:

Rika is so much win
So much win in this ep already, I liked this so much better:

I WANT TO LICK THOSE DELICIOUS THIGHS

By the way, I will be laughing if the karaoke uses a bit of the OAD's scenes XD
Closed Thread