Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 21:41   Link #701
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
It is not necessary for me to prove that they only look at their account books. I merely have to prove that they can assess the beneficial effects of the war on them by only looking at their account books. I have shown this. Therefore, it is not permissible to conclude that they have a grasp of the bigger picture by their comment on the benefits of war.
I already said that my definition of "bigger picture" is a larger view where they're more aware of things outside of their country. In that case, didn't their war-profit comments inferring that they have that awareness?

Quote:
Let’s examine the original quote, then:

First, it is quite obvious that “economy” here refers to the financial aspect of nations (and as such really should be “the economy” or “economies” instead of “economy” alone). The series refers to the financial aspect of nations when it discusses economics. The people in this topic refer to the financial aspect of nations. And you yourself make this assumption. [1] [2] [3]

What is macroeconomics? It is the study of the workings of an economy as a whole. In other words, macroeconomics is the big picture of economies. I merely used a simple substitution of equivalent terms.
I may have unintentionally refer to macroeconomics in my posts, but the point is only to proof that not everyone else is an idiot in terms of economy at the basic level at least. The Central Merchants and the Southern Kings awareness of the economic benefit of war is already enough proof for me regardless of it being macroeconomics or not.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:23   Link #702
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I already said that my definition of "bigger picture" is a larger view where they're more aware of things outside of their country. In that case, didn't their war-profit comments inferring that they have that awareness?
Your definition is inconsistent with the original criticism, while is that the characters aside from the Demon King do not have awareness of economies. Awareness of things outside the country implies very little knowledge about economies as a whole, i.e. little correlation with macroeconomics. Note kuromitsu's post, which first referred to the "greater picture": "War is good; war is money" is directed toward a sector of the economy, not domestic vs international markets.

Quote:
I may have unintentionally refer to macroeconomics in my posts, but the point is only to proof that not everyone else is an idiot in terms of economy at the basic level at least. The Central Merchants and the Southern Kings awareness of the economic benefit of war is already enough proof for me regardless of it being macroeconomics or not.
You did not explicitly use the term macroeconomics, but of course, the study of economies is macroeconomics by definition, so any knowledge of how economies work would imply some knowledge of macroeconomics, even if the knowledge not expressed in a rigorous manner. I have already pointed out that being able to perceive the consequences of the operations of economies does not imply knowledge of macroeconomics. [1]
Old 2013-01-10, 22:57   Link #703
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Your definition is inconsistent with the original criticism, while is that the characters aside from the Demon King do not have awareness of economies. Awareness of things outside the country implies very little knowledge about economies as a whole, i.e. little correlation with macroeconomics. Note kuromitsu's post, which first referred to the "greater picture": "War is good; war is money" is directed toward a sector of the economy, not domestic vs international markets.
I guess this is due to my less-than-stellar articulation in using English, so I'll give this one to you to catch what I meant.

Quote:
You did not explicitly use the term macroeconomics, but of course, the study of economies is macroeconomics by definition, so any knowledge of how economies work would imply some knowledge of macroeconomics, even if the knowledge not expressed in a rigorous manner. I have already pointed out that being able to perceive the consequences of the operations of economies does not imply knowledge of macroeconomics. [1]
I fail to understand your insistence against my simple point of "not everyone else is an idiot when it comes to economy". Let me give you the meaning of the word "idiot": An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. and take that in an economic way. In this case, the King and Prince and Merchants are not some dumb people who does some self-defeating or counterproductive economic actions. That much is clear and more than enough proof that they're not idiots.
Old 2013-01-11, 02:48   Link #704
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I would think that most of the issues raised here would be addressed in the upcoming episodes.

Although I would have to say, the Demon Queen isn't the only one well versed in the workings of economic warfare.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:53   Link #705
eiyuu99

Probably the merchants (or whatever traders are called there) too.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 05:59   Link #706
Cyprene

Quote:
Probably the merchants (or whatever traders are called there) too.
They're smart enough to see what's going on, but they're not smart enough to stop it.

Remember, this is a BIG problem, both in terms of difficulty and sheer scale. It involves literally every sentient creature on the planet. Just because you can see what's going on doesn't mean you can come up with way to fix it.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 11:30   Link #707
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 11:44   Link #708
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-11, 13:54   Link #709
Clarste
Human

I'm finding episode 2 to be kind of terrible. It completely fails to attempt the first step of storytelling, which is to make the audience care. Seems like "a series of events" with no thematic or emotional connection. Quite disappointing after the skillfully crafted first episode.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 15:20   Link #710
ookamigirl

Enjoying life in the countryside.
Hero and Maou relationship seems to be progressing nicely too.
She was pretty awkward and girl around him when they were alone.
It was nice they took in those two girls.
Pretty relaxing episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 15:25   Link #711
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Episode 2:

Ehehe, love how willing The Hero was to lay on the Kings lap I've seen main characters overreact way too many times when asked to do something like that but the hero just dives right on it!

Kinda ironic that the maid herself said "No one in this world hates maids" and yet i'm not particularly fond of her myself Her words are true though...maids are nice

That little girl is pretty cute, but I think I was drawn away from her cuteness when out of nowhere a huge freaking boar is dead behind them
Old 2013-01-11, 15:35   Link #712
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Well since Horo and Lawerence is in the anime, it's all good!

This time it's about war economics eh? This ought to be interesting as war is an interesting topic for me be it the actual war or the war time era.
Old 2013-01-11, 15:59   Link #713
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, I'm definitely hearing Horo in Demon Queen's voice.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 16:20   Link #714
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Seeing the second episode, I'm seeing glimpses of the various adaptations, romantic interactions, humorous boar, and serious talk about serfs and involuntary servitude.

Overall a nice and relaxing pace.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 17:03   Link #715
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2013-01-11, 17:03   Link #716
Elestia

I was hoping for some teasing by Head Maid on DQ's useless meat, but we didn't get any of that sadly. Oh well. Everything was handled well enough, but I was expecting a lot more out of the introductions for Big Sis Maid and Lil Sis Maid. That particular scene was one of the most important highlights of the chapter, but the execution was rather uninspired and executed in a very stiff manner.
Old 2013-01-11, 17:07   Link #717
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, I'm definitely hearing Horo in Demon Queen's voice.
I would strongly disagree, especially since I had previously been re-watching Spice and Wolf II. There's a couple of moments where it's similar, sure, but most of the time it is rather distinct. In fact, I would say there's enough of a difference, in a positive manner, since just repeating the same performance would be inappropriate when the characters aren't supposed to be practically the same.

That said, I'll try to get back to commenting a little more about the actual contents once I finish with episode 2.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 17:25   Link #718
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Glad the head maid helped those girls and turned them into maids. Wonder what was in the box. Wonder how Yuusha will explain himself next week.
Old 2013-01-11, 17:31   Link #719
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I could listen to Saito Chiwa talk all day, I felt a hint of the authoritative Senjougahara in her today.
Old 2013-01-11, 17:31   Link #720
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I would strongly disagree, especially since I had previously been re-watching Spice and Wolf II. There's a couple of moments where it's similar, sure, but most of the time it is rather distinct. In fact, I would say there's enough of a difference, in a positive manner, since just repeating the same performance would be inappropriate when the characters aren't supposed to be practically the same.

That said, I'll try to get back to commenting a little more about the actual contents once I finish with episode 2.
I wasn't talking about all the time. It's just, when she explains things to Hero, she really sounds like the Wise Wolf.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem