Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-15, 01:13   Link #701
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold_orb View Post
what animes do you like? no offense, but if you hate so many it just seems kinda strange that you would be on an anime forum of all things.
naw, I'm kidding. I like almost everything I watch. I just tend to like them for different reasons than others, so it's hard to say that I like the same show as someone else since we might like it for totally different reasons. My favorite anime of all time is ef ~a tale of memories~, but I'm not a fan of romance, and I hate love triangles, I only care for a couple of the characters, and of the 2 things I like about it, the struggle to fulfill your dreams and the visual tripiness, a lot o people don't even like the visual trippiness.

So it's easier to just say I hate everything. Plus, all the cool kids hate stuff
Old 2008-07-17, 04:16   Link #702
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
For this season i d say Slayer is my most hated serie.
no originality, crappy animation, mediocre recycled humor.
Was funny back in the 90s now it feels like watching a mediocre show from the 70s that has been reheated in the microwave.

Once the nostalgia effect will wear out people will realize how pathetic this show is.
Old 2008-07-17, 07:37   Link #703
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Plus any senseless ecci stuff. I don't have much against the genre itself, even if I'm not the target group for it, but ugh stupid dialogs that hurt in my ears, because all females squeek even more high piched then a castrated choirboy ... and everywhere undies ... and boobs ...and ugh. But I don't hate the genre itself, I tolerate ecciness when there's good comedy and a bit of plot.

I also found boring:
Gantz (I liked the concept but ... ugh)
Fullmetal Panic - and all it's sequels. I adored the characters but the mechas and the story where lame. Only watched it till the end for Chidori and Sagara~

yeah hate ecchi too & wow I couldn't do that with FMP... had to give up, it was getting way too lame and ridiculous for me as much I have my liking to the characters. actually, the characters justdidn't go much beyond their archetypes and it wasn't funny anymore aftera certain point... I could watch fumoffu to the end but it's so overrated, something about funniest anime ever... no...
Old 2008-07-17, 09:19   Link #704
Jaden

Well, Kanon and Clannad kind of fit in the catergory this topic gives.

Basically, Air managed to be interesting but not the later two. No matter how shiny Kyoani makes things look, it's just harem with weak plot, catering to the VN fans, nothing that great.
Old 2008-07-17, 12:05   Link #705
S0ulz
T_T 5cm more to kiss

I not hate Clannad but i just hate nagisa and the funny is many people like her... reason Why Tomoya choose a girl which is weak and very low courage.... maybe he still can choose Kyou or Tomoyo which is had interest in Tomoya... for cuteness... she can win both Kyou or Tomoyo but for beauty Kyou & Tomoyo > Nagisa

Many people said that Nagisa win because she was the one who first met Tomoya...
and people make it as formula on a story

All this statment is to vent my anger.. if anyone can make statment that Nagisa better than Kyou and Tomoyo other than cuteness... just spit it out I don't mind at all.. or you can say that I don't understad at all about Nagisa so I hate her
Old 2008-07-17, 12:38   Link #706
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
=O
Nagisa >>>>Kyou and Tomoyo combined. : D
Nagisa is perfect for Tomoya, but I'm not going to go into that. Nagisa gets a lot of hate...sadly.

Anyway, back on topic, I cant say theres an anime that I hate that others like. Probably because I'm so darn picky, that I rarely see things I hate. But then again, I need to watch more anime. (Cant say I liked School Days, but no one liked it either xD)
Old 2008-07-18, 12:06   Link #707
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
=O
Nagisa >>>>Kyou and Tomoyo combined. : D
Nagisa is perfect for Tomoya, but I'm not going to go into that. Nagisa gets a lot of hate...sadly.
Please do not utter such blasphemy in a thread where replying to you is considered off topic . Tomoyo <3.

I know I posted in this thread before, but that was four years ago, . The only anime I really don't like right now that is hailed as a work of art is Cowboy Bebop. I tried to like it, I really did, but it just seemed... boring?

I guess you could also add Gunslinger Girl to that list, but I actually liked Gunslinger Girl, I just didn't find it worthy of some of the lavish praise it has received.
Old 2008-07-18, 19:28   Link #708
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Minami-ke. Lots of people seemed to enjoy it but I just found it really boring and not funny at all. Similarly with Ichigo Mashimaro. And that's kinda weird 'cause I liked other school-comedy shows like Lucky Star or School Rumble. Oh well, maybe sometime I'll give them another try. Wonder if they do get better after a few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulz View Post
I not hate Clannad but i just hate nagisa and the funny is many people like her... reason Why Tomoya choose a girl which is weak and very low courage.... maybe he still can choose Kyou or Tomoyo which is had interest in Tomoya... for cuteness... she can win both Kyou or Tomoyo but for beauty Kyou & Tomoyo > Nagisa

Many people said that Nagisa win because she was the one who first met Tomoya...
and people make it as formula on a story

All this statment is to vent my anger.. if anyone can make statment that Nagisa better than Kyou and Tomoyo other than cuteness... just spit it out I don't mind at all.. or you can say that I don't understad at all about Nagisa so I hate her
I liked Kyou and Tomoyo soo much better than Nagisa too.
Old 2008-07-18, 20:07   Link #709
Nyanouboo

Maybe it's because I'm too much of a girl but I don't really enjoy Mecha types of anime.. I just won't watch it. I don't get why it's fun to watch robots. Unless the robots have troubles with wanting to be human and the show actually explores humanity.. then it's alright.
Or shows like Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach.. Pokemon. Bleh. I wish I could "Collect 'em all" (referring to Anime) but I guess that's just not possible.
Old 2008-07-20, 13:50   Link #710
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I'll Say Code Geass
Old 2008-07-21, 03:22   Link #711
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

So many people say Code Geass that I think it's time to write this one on "divided opinions" rather than "I'm different from the sheeple herd" category by now.
Old 2008-07-21, 03:35   Link #712
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I'm gonna go with mecha anime's like gundam,rahxephon and others giant robots just never interested me in anime. I liked Gundam wing at first and even G gundam but then they just got boring
Old 2008-07-21, 17:11   Link #713
dutchdevil

I will go for the series "monster" many people seem to like it, and recommend it to me but I cant concentrate on the story line I simply fall asleep and find it a little boring:P
Old 2008-07-22, 09:51   Link #714
ale_NN
Minion

Sailor Moon, Pokemon (both overrated), naruto (episodes 50 -xx) , Gurren Lagann episodes 17-26 (in b4 fanboys rage), DB GT, and Hidamari Sketch.
Old 2008-07-22, 21:17   Link #715
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

Saint Seya and the whole Dragonball thing. ALL my friends on RL like them and I don't ><

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Old 2008-07-29, 13:47   Link #716
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

its not that i hate naruto, i just dont prefer it. and i think ppl give FLCL way too much credit. also i liked this anime but at the same time it was extremely boring to me and people seem to love it, im talking about KGNE.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-07-29, 19:50   Link #717
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Saint Seiya and Dragonball are considered milestones in the history of the medium, for better or worse. Dragonball showed WSJ its cash cow formula, which it has used in Bleach, One Piece and Naruto.

I'm inclined to think that people like these two because of their nostalgic value.

For "Monster", you must want to engage your brain in some exercise. If not, stay far away from it. The more you think on the series, the more you're going to get out of it, and the more afraid you'll be.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:11   Link #718
Zhaozhou

I am allergic to BONES' chara design, but I've also gripes with the anime themselves.

Cowboy Bebop was their only anime I saw complete, and I didn't liked the ending. Some episode was good but some was meh. This happens a lot with episodic anime.

I saw some episode of Samurai Champloo, and it was fine, and I think Watanabe is a good director, but I didn't trust him.

Rahxephon. Evangelion Lite except for the ending, which feels totally undeserved for the main character. There are fairy ending, and then there is Rahxephon.

Fullmetal Alchemist had some decent chara design because it wasn't originally BONES, but it didn't interest me enough. I mean, he claps his hands, touches something and then he trasmutes things. It doesn't sound that cool for what tries to be an action anime. I've seen more original powers.

Eureka Seven? Saw the first episodes, derivative but also boring. Here comes the villain: look, he reads, he is terribly cultured. And the mecha can go Eva-01 in the first fight.

Now there is Xam'd, it got some of the worst mecha design ever, scoring even in worst color scheme for a mecha ever. To be fair even the poster art is equally disturbing. I liked when mecha grabbed people from the side and not from below.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:16   Link #719
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

^
Cowboy Bebop was Sunrise, not Bones.
Samurai Champloo was from a different studio I don't remember.
(Figures those two are the ones you seem to dislike less.)

As I said some pages back, I can agree on some points, like the character design.
Bones' series always seem overrated, though I'm looking for something to change my mind (Nijuu Mensou no Musume might be the one.)
Old 2008-07-31, 20:08   Link #720
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

FMA an action anime? Well, maybe the anime version is one, but the manga story is definitely not one of those. Besides, in FMA canon, clapping hands to do alchemy is unusual; most alchemists have to draw the symbols before transmuting. It's part of the setting.