AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-20, 05:00   Link #1
XenWarrior

Holy crap! What a long name...

The huge name kind of grabbed my attention. What exactly is this series about?
Old 2004-05-20, 05:33   Link #2
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenWarrior
The huge name kind of grabbed my attention. What exactly is this series about?
この醜くも美しい世界 looks(on paper, screen, or in pixels) a bit shorter than
Kono minikuku mo utsukushi sekai

For short abbreviation go here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13748

For Series Discussion go here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11021
Old 2004-05-20, 07:48   Link #3
nephilim
Loves Kaori

the first name which i found "long" was kimizono but it was a good anime
it took me 2 days to remember the full name for konomini, but it's you can just use its short form
Old 2004-05-20, 09:55   Link #4
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i find it takes about 8 episodes to say and spell these names down pat:
Kimi ga Nozomi Eien
Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (this one was a pain to learn...especially since the name translation changed halfway through!)
Old 2004-05-20, 10:36   Link #5
Melazoma

Oh it helps a lot if you can recognize the Kanji(s)--there are perks in being born and raised Chinese Most of the Romaji long titles shrink a lot once you stuff them back into their original forms. Once I pick out the Kanji(s), I latch on to those, make sure I have the right Japanese pronounciation(Kun/On) and then focus on the surrounding kanas. Doesn't necessarily make them shorter, just much easier to remember
Old 2004-05-20, 11:13   Link #6
nephilim
Loves Kaori

ahh i dun really have time to learn to learn japanese, though it'll prolly be fun. usually i remember the meanings of it in english, den the japanese title comes more naturally.

my chinese sucks also. melazoma... for your custom title, i can only recognize a few kanjis,,

bian tai = hentai?
ye lang = gangster/punk?
ke zhang = subject teacher?

dunno how u pronounce that in jap tho
Old 2004-05-20, 13:35   Link #7
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
ahh i dun really have time to learn to learn japanese, though it'll prolly be fun. usually i remember the meanings of it in english, den the japanese title comes more naturally.

my chinese sucks also. melazoma... for your custom title, i can only recognize a few kanjis,,

bian tai = hentai?
ye lang = gangster/punk?

萌盟変態エッチスゲベ野郎・サービス課課長

萌 - moe
盟 - mei
The combination of these two words make no sense in Japanese. The former is the kanji meaning "moe" (look up various posts on this board for "moe" philosophy) and the latter is the word that makes up the second half of the word "alliance" - 同盟

変態 - hentai
エッチ - ecchi
This is pretty obvious.

x スゲベ - sugebe
o スケベ - sukebe

野郎 - yarou
Roughly speaking, this word means "dude."

サービス - service
課 - section
課長 - section chief
Redundance of the word 課 here. If you wanted to say "Service Section Chief," then サービス課長 would suffice.

All around:

萌盟変態エッチスケベ野郎・サービス課長 - "Moe Alliance Hentai Ecchi Sukebe Dude Service Section Chief"
This makes no sense at all. What is the exact word that you intended to mean?
Old 2004-05-20, 13:37   Link #8
Melazoma

Quote:

bian tai = hentai?
ye lang = gangster/punk?

My current title should be pronounced:
MoeMei Hentai Ecchi Sugebe Yarou, Service-ka Kajou.
Which, if it is as I intended, should mean something to the effect of:
Moe League* Hentai Ecchi Sugebe** Bastard, Service Division Division Chief

*MoeMei is short for Moe-Renmei, Renmei=League. Moe Renmei is inspired by the custom title of one ThunderForceX, his title being 萌え同盟の変態ロリコン会長 --figure it out, I'm feeling lazy
**An shameless, ecchi person, as opposed to ecchi, which is an adjective.

Well now that's a long explaination for a long name

EDIT: Gah kj beat me to it while I was diggin out the profile of ThunderForce--the guy hasn't posted for quite a while
Old 2004-05-20, 14:24   Link #9
nephilim
Loves Kaori

:3 confusing, but fun to learn a new language

i started learning (how can i say that when i nv actually took the effort ^^") japanese vocabulary first. there's only a small pool of words i know. now i'm more into learning the characters itself, coz i feel there's a gd chance in future that i'll be reading manga in japanese
Old 2004-05-21, 01:11   Link #10
Kyuven

Quote:
:3 confusing, but fun to learn a new language

i started learning (how can i say that when i nv actually took the effort ^^") japanese vocabulary first. there's only a small pool of words i know. now i'm more into learning the characters itself, coz i feel there's a gd chance in future that i'll be reading manga in japanese
same here
learning japanese is an uphill battle...especially with the insane way they teach it in my school:
first semester: ひらがな
1st half of the second semester: 30 basic (days of the week, "father", "mother", the "i" in "ikimasu", "time", "language", "person" and a few others) かんじ
2nd half of the second semester: カタカナ
i wish they would spend more time on kanji...oh well, it's only my first year ^_^;
my worksheets and notes are so full of "extra" (not part of the curriculum for that year) kanji i can't even read them anymore >_<
Old 2004-05-21, 01:55   Link #11
nephilim
Loves Kaori

i'm not even taking any course now ^^" and i can't... busy with major projects >_<
Old 2004-05-22, 09:10   Link #12
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, "Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai" looks a bit long, but "This Ugly and Beautiful World" looks okay. I guess when it has some meaning rather than some phonetics, it won't look as long...
Old 2004-06-07, 22:45   Link #13
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i find it takes about 8 episodes to say and spell these names down pat:
Kimi ga Nozomi Eien
Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (this one was a pain to learn...especially since the name translation changed halfway through!)
Yea...it does take me a long time to really remembered the title ~_~" At first i usually confuse between Kimiga Nozomu Eien with Konomini Kukumo Utsukushii Sekai...haha~ Silly mistake huh?

Anyways Kyuven?
about Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, can supply some info about it...the market near my house sells it but i dun dare to buy coz i couldn't find any info about it and didn't know wether is worth my money or not But i saw a pretty girl at the cover la that catches my attention lolz ~_~"
Old 2004-06-07, 22:54   Link #14
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Yea...it does take me a long time to really remembered the title ~_~" At first i usually confuse between Kimiga Nozomu Eien with Konomini Kukumo Utsukushii Sekai...haha~ Silly mistake huh?

Anyways Kyuven?
about Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, can supply some info about it...the market near my house sells it but i dun dare to buy coz i couldn't find any info about it and didn't know wether is worth my money or not But i saw a pretty girl at the cover la that catches my attention lolz ~_~"
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...o_boushi_.html

^^"
Old 2004-06-08, 10:41   Link #15
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:

~_~" ...........

Ok i think i'll stay away from this title....i got a bad feeling about this anime...better stay away.... but Shimazu Ai is one of the voice actress >_< ahh~ no no i must resist.... although i'm a fan of Shimazu Ai but this anime is giving me a bad feeling argh...must stay away....

Did i mention that Shimazu Ai is the cute voice of AKari (Konomini) and Minawa Andou (Mahoromatic)?
Old 2004-06-08, 16:15   Link #16
Kyuven

Quote:
~_~" ...........

Ok i think i'll stay away from this title....i got a bad feeling about this anime...better stay away.... but Shimazu Ai is one of the voice actress >_< ahh~ no no i must resist.... although i'm a fan of Shimazu Ai but this anime is giving me a bad feeling argh...must stay away....

Did i mention that Shimazu Ai is the cute voice of AKari (Konomini) and Minawa Andou (Mahoromatic)?
i recomend it
it's VERY mature, and has very few male characters (Gargantua and...the bird...and....Gargantua's henchmen) but the art is gorgeous, and Hazuki's devotion to Hatsumi/Eve is absolutely stunning (it inspired me)
btw, "Ririsu" is actually "Lilith", the biblical woman who was made before Eve (thus why Hatsumi/Eve/Jill/etc. calls Lilith "Onee-chan")
strangely enough, the character designs were done by a woman (the woman who did Seven of Seven AKA Shichinin no Nana)
oh and it's based off an H-game
Old 2004-06-08, 17:21   Link #17
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
~_~" ...........

Unlike Kyuven, I don't recommend YamiBoushi. The characters and soundtrack are enjoyable, and it does have a story (not shown in chronological order), but in order to fully appreciate its plot and setting, you'll actually need a lot of background information and explanation from the game, so unless you have prior knowledge or are willing to "go with the flow" and ask for explanations in the end, you might not want to watch the series unless you just want visual eye-candy or shoujo-ai. You can watch the series without knowing a thing and still appreciate and enjoy it...but there is no way you can understand everything that's going on in the story without outside help.
Old 2004-06-27, 10:35   Link #18
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Yes, holy crap, what a long name. and yes, so much fan service...
Closed Thread