AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-16, 11:15   Link #1201
stretch87
Anime Addict

I asked this in the maga section but i was completely ignored . i finished the series a few days ago and i NEED to know what happends next. can someone please tell me what chapter/volume or whatever picks up where the anime left off?
stretch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 13:12   Link #1202
Pleroma

Yes, keep watching. You really will not regret it and I'd have to say that afetr the Nana incident the gore does let up consideribly until that murderous cutie Mariko comes along.

Since you are saying you have nothing current to watch, go try Shakugan no Shana or the amazing but puzzlingly under-hyped Noein.
Pleroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 19:24   Link #1203
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

You can watch the OVA since possess a whole different mood from the rest of the TV series, and that is goreless and no blood.

However, I recommend you to watch the OVA after going through the whole TV series.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 22:06   Link #1204
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
You can watch the OVA since possess a whole different mood from the rest of the TV series, and that is goreless and no blood.

However, I recommend you to watch the OVA after going through the whole TV series.
Um correction there is little to no gore and very little blood.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 00:46   Link #1205
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Send a message via AIM to PersocomChi
I just finsihed this series. I really loved it, its so sad my heart was aching durin the last ep. But yea , the character development and design were great and the setting + the music makes the mood much more scary. But I gotta say there is one plot hole I found...
Spoiler:
I want another season.. funny thing is..the nudity wasnt really that attractive I'm constantly busy looking at the storyline so intense. Exploding humans were quite entertaining^^
PersocomChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 02:02   Link #1206
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersocomChi
I just finsihed this series. I really loved it, its so sad my heart was aching durin the last ep. But yea , the character development and design were great and the setting + the music makes the mood much more scary. But I gotta say there is one plot hole I found...
Spoiler:
I want another season.. funny thing is..the nudity wasnt really that attractive I'm constantly busy looking at the storyline so intense. Exploding humans were quite entertaining^^
It's pretty much been determined there will be no 2nd season. As for the
Spoiler:
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 02:46   Link #1207
Icehawk

After recently purchasing the series on DVD, my friends and I just finnished watching it earlier this evening. It was the first time for them and they loved every second of it. I could tell it really touched them on just about every level.

For me, this was the either the 4 or 5th time seeing it and it was every bit as incredible and captivating as it was the first time I saw it. This series is a definite masterpiece of anime IMHO.

Last edited by Icehawk; 2006-01-22 at 03:00.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 08:18   Link #1208
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori

Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

Chotto-matte! There is an OVA? Holy cow! I din know there was.... Drats, now I've to hunt for it......

Thanks for the gem of an info though... and to think I was going to start on noein after reading this thread. LOL!

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
kokanaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 18:40   Link #1209
Pleroma

Its just a single episode that happens somewhere around EP 11-12 of the show. Nothing special, but it does show how Lucy was captured as well as expand on Nana's feelings about her.
Pleroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 19:18   Link #1210
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I got used to gore after episode 4. Then I didn't seem to gross out or something. I wonder if this effect would carry on in the real world if I saw gore...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 02:19   Link #1211
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanaden
Chotto-matte! There is an OVA? Holy cow! I din know there was.... Drats, now I've to hunt for it......
You don't have to look far. It isn't licensed, so it is right here on AnimeSuki.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 07:08   Link #1212
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori

Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
You don't have to look far. It isn't licensed, so it is right here on AnimeSuki.
Thanks so much! Haha...

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
kokanaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 19:46   Link #1213
Icehawk

Arrgh!!, for a show with such great artwork and character design its mind boggling that I cannot find a single artbook or visual guide for the series!
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:18   Link #1214
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Actually to me i was not bothered by the gore, since i read so many reviews that the opening scene is going to be craziest opeinings you will ever see. You can say that i expected the gore that is why i never really was bothered by it. I mean this is not the only gory show out their

Berserk
Gantz
Samurai x trust and betrayal those are some other gory shows.

Elfen lied really did not need that many deaths, in the show, but i still enjoyed watching it. I would say that the show was more about characters than the story. The story was just getting rid of disclonious cause they are a threat to man kind.

Actually one of the deaths i kind of found humorous, it was when one of the guys son, i mean the teacher at the college was about to breed with Nyu, and when you see Nyu turn into Lucy, and the guy takes of his wig or what ever he had, she explodes head. That was awsome.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:43   Link #1215
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Elfen Lied is one of the craziest shows I've ever seen. No I don't mean that because it has gore, but because it is basically a harem anime with gore. XD

And whoever thinks this isn't a harem anime, think again. We have the loli, the klutz, the bitch (and her alter ego, the ditz), and the childhood friend (or cousin in this instance). Smells like harem cliche characters to me. And all of them living under the same roof, that happened to be an inn at one point, and I think you get the picture...

Granted though, it might be harem anime, but it isn't the typical one by far and away. That's why I think it's crazy and thus far one of the most memorable shows I have ever seen. ^_^
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 21:16   Link #1216
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Elfen Lied is one of the craziest shows I've ever seen. No I don't mean that because it has gore, but because it is basically a harem anime with gore. XD

And whoever thinks this isn't a harem anime, think again. We have the loli, the klutz, the bitch (and her alter ego, the ditz), and the childhood friend (or cousin in this instance). Smells like harem cliche characters to me. And all of them living under the same roof, that happened to be an inn at one point, and I think you get the picture...

Granted though, it might be harem anime, but it isn't the typical one by far and away. That's why I think it's crazy and thus far one of the most memorable shows I have ever seen. ^_^
It's NOT a harem. To be a harem you need 3! The loli and the 2nd diclonius are digging each other. The only ones who want Kouta are Yuka and Lucy.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 00:10   Link #1217
Gendo

I am rewatching the anime again... also i want to find the last 2 chapters to the manga i mean i heard someone translated them. oo i want ot know what happened in the last chapters of the manga!! soo bad!!
Gendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:59   Link #1218
Nayuki
Primula Who?

One of the best releases lately. Everybody loves Nana.
Nayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 23:53   Link #1219
Anime+
Banned

I am a fan of Elfen Lied. I really enjoyed it and I was not put off by the excessive violence. I actually realize that this is just an anime and that it is not real. I can watch animated gore if it is done right. Crazy anime, not really for me...however, I really think that they did a good job with it. Also, as some people have said, maybe I was not as affected by the gore because of the reviews that read prior.
Anime+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 18:19   Link #1220
gameoffreak8

I watched Elfen Lied last week ago. I enjoyed it so far. Elfen Lied is my favorite anime.
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen