AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 19:20   Link #901
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ooo! Forgot to mention ... recently finished the stupendous anime movie Mai Mai Shinko to Sennen o Mahou, which really out to get more attention than it does.

9 out of 10 from me ... really quite excellent.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:30   Link #902
Yuno
Balanced Diet

"Perfect Sense" I typically hate romantic movies, but the premise of this one was great. I highly recommend it. I also watched "Kick Ass" What a good movie I really enjoyed it. "Shutter Island" is also an incredible movie. Next up on my list is "Drive," and "Attack the Block."
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 20:08   Link #903
Jeshi

Sherlock Holmes 2.
Amazing movie(: Definitely recommended.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:03   Link #904
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i just watched perfect sense too. depressing, yet uplifting at the same time.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:27   Link #905
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Transformers Dark Of The Moon, my first time viewing it. I missed it in theaters (something I'm ashamed of because I love Bayformers). Needless to say, I loved it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:33   Link #906
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I just watched The Thing

Some 15 minutes in, I realised this is the exact same setting as a short story by Peter Watts I read, named The Things. Which in turn is based on an older movie I never saw, called The Thing again.
The shortstory is really cool, because it tells the story of an alien life form stranded in between hostile human monstrosities from the view of the alien (you can read it, it won't spoil the movie much).

The movie lacks this cool aspect. It is a pretty straight forward "the monster is one of us" horror flick, where the cast gets killed off one by one from the humans viewpoint.
This does not make it bad. The monster(s) is scary, it is fun trying to figure out who is evil, because there are telltale signs which you can look out for.
It really is more a horror movie, than a scifi thing even though there are aliens. It has none of the cheapness and unintended comedy you would see in a AlienVsPredator movie for example.

The only problem is, that it is made pretty clear who our main character is from the very beginning. And she has the typical death immunity which comes with that role of course.
The other guys are all bearded and packed in warm clothing, so frankly I had a hard time telling them apart.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 17:51   Link #907
Xagzan

You watched the 2011 Thing then? You should watch John Carpenter's version, which as you know is the one Watts based his frighteningly good story on.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 18:10   Link #908
Haladflire65
*Artist

A Dangerous Method with a friend in a theatre full of elderly people (it was like the senior home decided to have a group trip ). The movie was weird, the audience was weird, and my friend was being weird so it was just a hilarious experience We originally went to see it cause we're interested in Freud and Jung, and I like Michael Fassbender and Viggo Mortensen a lot, but we got a bit more than what we bargained for... I personally like A History of Violence, the other David Cronenberg movie I've seen, a lot more. If it weren't for the weird factors I mentioned above I would've found the movie a lot less funny, lol.

I think my next film's probably going to be Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, I finally got my hands on it! Excited!
Old 2012-01-18, 06:29   Link #909
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are an amazing combo, and this movie is pure genius. Every character is detrimental to the plot and the actors do such a sublime job of portraying the leads of a dark and gritty world.

The music is memorable and each musical number plays with the characters and their emotions at the time. The best number by far is when Todd and Turpin perform 'Pretty Women'. Depp's expressions during the entire song shows the entirety of Sweeney Todd's feelings. He's damned talented and has a surprisingly magnificent voice.
Old 2012-01-21, 01:16   Link #910
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interesting movie coming soon.

Old 2012-01-22, 17:04   Link #911
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Just came back from watching Red Tails. I came away feeling like I just watched a TV movie. There was a serious lack of sound. With planes zooming around, guns blazing, things exploding, there should have been sounds to immerse you into the action. Instead I felt as if I was hearing the action on my TV at home. I was hoping it was just the theater, but since Stig said the same thing a couple posts above, it's not the theater, it's the movie. How did Lucasfilm let the sound be like this?

The story was OK. It seemed to be presented through a series of vignettes of things that actually happened to these guys. I will most likely watch this movie again when it comes on the TV. I'm just glad it isn't another Pearl Harbor.

My friend actually stated "This is the quietest war movie I've ever heard."
Old 2012-01-22, 17:05   Link #912
PringlesXD
Delicious Can of Chips

Send a message via MSN to PringlesXD
I watched Titanic yesterday. I lost count on how many times I watched that movie. I even know all the lines. B-But I only watched it because it was on TV at the time.
Still, I can't help but really like the movie, specially because there's so much water, and it was all real water too, no CG (obviously, 1997).
I still can't agree to that ending, though. There would have been enough space for both of them if Rose moved her fat ass a little. Oh well, I guess it wouldn't have had the same impact, haha.
PringlesXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 16:55   Link #913
LumberjackMike
Soul Controller

tower heist, is was pretty bad, but that was to be expected since lead actor is ben stiller lol
LumberjackMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 19:22   Link #914
sa547
*Author

Had pleasure watching Real Steel. Atom has a style of his own, for his controller is a former pugilist who has known science and timing.
Old 2012-01-25, 19:34   Link #915
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

The korean movie, "The Man From Nowhere" was actually better than I expected. The action scenes were spectacular and gruesome too.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 19:58   Link #916
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
The korean movie, "The Man From Nowhere" was actually better than I expected. The action scenes were spectacular and gruesome too.
I love that movie Won Bin was a badass lead, and yeah, the action was awesome! Even if it was predictable it was such an enjoyable ride.

I'm torn between watching Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, A Single Man and the second season of Sherlock
Old 2012-01-25, 20:10   Link #917
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I love that movie Won Bin was a badass lead, and yeah, the action was awesome! Even if it was predictable it was such an enjoyable ride.(
Yeah, he really was. Though, I kinda preferred the way he looked before his makeover. He's a pretty good actor. I enjoyed watching him in Tae Guk Gi too. XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 03:12   Link #918
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Can't wait to watch this.

Old 2012-01-26, 03:35   Link #919
cyan blade

I watched the movie "Drive" today with Ryan Gosling. Has a 'Vice City' kind of theme to it. Easily one of the best movies that came out in 2011.

Last edited by cyan blade; 2012-01-26 at 03:36. Reason: found it!
cyan blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 22:41   Link #920
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

GI Joe movie this is the dumbest movie ive seen so far and nothing like the old cartoon good thing I only watched it on TV just now

Tags
live-action, movie, movies