AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 11:05   Link #25961
Providenceangle

Could be fun to mod the Banshee to do that. Honestly though... Not a fan of the Unicorn or the Banshee. They aren't bad or bad kits just not my cup of tea.

The ending to Unicorn 5 was pretty epic though. Just makes you hate waiting for the next one though.

Finally ordered MG age-1 as well as the RG Freedom. Wanna have a look at that too.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:10   Link #25962
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
im currently building my HG danazine. its a very fun kit, especially since its so very different from other bandai models^^ i have finished the head and the neck section, it really is a pretty cool model and very detailed. its impressive how far the HG line has come!
so far i can recommend this guy =D
Yeah, seems a great kit based on rrobbert184's review too. I'm also getting one, even though the main weapon is not a clear part.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:27   Link #25963
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Could be fun to mod the Banshee to do that. Honestly though... Not a fan of the Unicorn or the Banshee. They aren't bad or bad kits just not my cup of tea.

The ending to Unicorn 5 was pretty epic though. Just makes you hate waiting for the next one though.
i can see how it isnt everyones cup of tea. the design really is pretty bold in my opinion and the transformation gimmick is extremely tacked on IMHO.
the ending really was great which makes it even worse that we have to wait a whole year for the next episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Yeah, seems a great kit based on rrobbert184's review too. I'm also getting one, even though the main weapon is not a clear part.
yeah, thats a little sucky. but other than that its a really cool model^^
its so very unique! at first i wanted to get a gafran but im glad that i waited for the danazine. i mean sure, the gafran has a dragon thing going on but the tail sucks as it seems. the tail of the dfanazine is massive and can go all over the place! =D posing it is a ton of fun as well!

what ever you do with it, every pose looks cool because the suit itself looks so very unique. i love that!

i also noticed that these two here look really good next to each other!

MG RX-78-2 2.0 and MG AGE-1 sparrow. i think they compliment each other really well^^

the MG gundam 2.0 is also an amazing model. it looks extremely cheap and simple but when you actually build it it blows you away!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 12:39   Link #25964
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Appel... your Zeta 2.0... is it leaning against the wall?
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 12:56   Link #25965
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Appel... your Zeta 2.0... is it leaning against the wall?
nope :P

i just shifted the weight a tiny bit to the front. i wouldnt brag about my zeta standing on its own and then cheat by leaning it against the wall ;D

there is actually about a 10cm gap between the end of the shelf and the wall.
Old 2012-05-22, 13:04   Link #25966
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

hey guys does tamiya or gundam marker have shinny gold the kind that delta gundam 1/144 has
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 13:10   Link #25967
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
hey guys does tamiya or gundam marker have shinny gold the kind that delta gundam 1/144 has
with regular paint you will never get a gold effect as shiny as that of the gold plated pieces of kits like the delta gundam.
there are a few airbrush paints that can achieve a true polished metallic effect but they are expensive and you need an airbrush and a special primer paint from the same company which is also expensive.
there are gold markers and spraypaints but the layer of paint you put on the plastic is too thick with those. its shiny but never as shiny as you want it to be.
Old 2012-05-22, 13:11   Link #25968
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
nope :P

i just shifted the weight a tiny bit to the front. i wouldnt brag about my zeta standing on its own and then cheat by leaning it against the wall ;D

there is actually about a 10cm gap between the end of the shelf and the wall.
-_- God, what is it, that I'm doing wrong with this kit...
Old 2012-05-22, 13:15   Link #25969
Appel

Quote:
-_- God, what is it, that I'm doing wrong with this kit...
you just have to play around with the legs a little. you have to bring its center of gravity forward and above the hips. if you can do that it will stand in its own.
mine actually stands very securely^^ its not like its on a hairtrigger and about to fall over!
Old 2012-05-22, 13:23   Link #25970
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
with regular paint you will never get a gold effect as shiny as that of the gold plated pieces of kits like the delta gundam.
there are a few airbrush paints that can achieve a true polished metallic effect but they are expensive and you need an airbrush and a special primer paint from the same company which is also expensive.
there are gold markers and spraypaints but the layer of paint you put on the plastic is too thick with those. its shiny but never as shiny as you want it to be.
thanks , any suggestion on on what kind print ( Mr hobby , tamiya etc ) can come close to have that shinny gold ( planing to paint the 1/44 Jesta with the Iron man mark VII colors wish me luck still a noob on paints and painting
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 13:28   Link #25971
Appel

i guess the tamiya one would be a rather good bet. the good gold paints all mook pretty much the same. i wouldnt use a marker though because you cant bring the paint as evenly onto the plastic with them as with spray paint.
Old 2012-05-22, 15:42   Link #25972
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
you just have to play around with the legs a little. you have to bring its center of gravity forward and above the hips. if you can do that it will stand in its own.
mine actually stands very securely^^ its not like its on a hairtrigger and about to fall over!
I tried it again. It actually stoot on its own... for a few seconds -.- The hip have become loose, the legs spread apart slowly and it fell again. And getting the feet flat has become impossible, because of the hips
Old 2012-05-22, 15:52   Link #25973
Appel

Quote:
I tried it again. It actually stoot on its own... for a few seconds -.- The hip have become loose, the legs spread apart slowly and it fell again. And getting the feet flat has become impossible, because of the hips
dont get me started on those hips! XD the two pieces that hold the polycap in place are seperating which means that the legs wont stay in place.
if that is giving me problems in the future im definitely going to glue them together. not to immobilize the hips completely but just to keep these two pieces together.
Old 2012-05-22, 19:06   Link #25974
Providenceangle

Quote:
i can see how it isnt everyones cup of tea. the design really is pretty bold in my opinion and the transformation gimmick is extremely tacked on IMHO.
It's not ugly or anything. I like the mechanics of it as well. The colour does it for me too. It's just... I can't explain it well.

I admit the unicorn looks far better then the banshee though.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 20:37   Link #25975
Bashfulz
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
thanks , any suggestion on on what kind print ( Mr hobby , tamiya etc ) can come close to have that shinny gold ( planing to paint the 1/44 Jesta with the Iron man mark VII colors wish me luck still a noob on paints and painting
the best way will be to get out there and look around for what gold paints are available in your area. other than taimya there's other hobby paints like mrhobby and testors, and you may want to try krylon or rustoleum.
Bashfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 03:47   Link #25976
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Very odd that they'll do the Fortress after the Orbital, but at least we know it's coming:

GG: HG Gundam AGE-3 Fortress - Dengeki Hobby

Scheduled for August release.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 03:51   Link #25977
HasuMasu
*Artist

Maybe it's because the Orbital is so sexy.

Yeah, definitely the sexiness.
Old 2012-05-23, 04:10   Link #25978
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I hope they didn't make Fortress's Purple too dark. With a light purple, it will blend better with the main light blue, hopefully .
Old 2012-05-23, 04:16   Link #25979
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I hope they didn't make Fortress's Purple too dark. With a light purple, it will blend better with the main light blue, hopefully .
it doesnt have to be light, a very vibrant purple would work as well^^
personally i want the orbital version though. i will probably get the MG version of that one. but it depends on the price. if its too expensive i will wait or just stick to my HG AGE-3 normal entirely :P
im not sure which version of the AGE-2 i want though... i dont really like the design at all, so maybe i will skip that one entirely.
Old 2012-05-23, 04:23   Link #25980
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

HG Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound

So the hooks are actually hand-held grappling guns. Neat

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy