AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-03, 18:41   Link #101
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat kitten View Post
was Kotonoha sane or insane at the end where she carried the head off?

its possible for sane ppl to do such thing still right? he did pretty much traumatized her
over and over again through out the whole anime.

what a cruel bastard... i was hoping for a more painful ending for him though...
Even though her eyes had the shine back in them, she looked like as is she hadn't slept for days.

Still, Kotonaha is my fav girl in that. Even though it would suited her more if she had aggresivness in her voice, then she'd sound more psycho, lol. Just another Ryuugu Rena/Enma Ai moment with bewbs

Also goes to show you that you should think twice b4 taking some unknown hot girl/boys' pic b4 using it as your cell-wallie
Old 2007-10-07, 12:46   Link #102
GameShark03

She is sweet, innocent, shy and kind. A girl too perfect to find anywhere but in a dream or fantasy. But she is so committed to her first love .. but its so sad, that she tried so hard, got disappointed and still pushed on, till she finally snapped.

Makoto does not deserve her! *Cry*
Old 2007-10-07, 18:25   Link #103
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameShark03 View Post
She is sweet, innocent, shy and kind. A girl too perfect to find anywhere but in a dream or fantasy. But she is so committed to her first love .. but its so sad, that she tried so hard, got disappointed and still pushed on, till she finally snapped.

I feel ur pain... -_-
Old 2007-10-12, 12:04   Link #104
Kanzaki Urumi

she's like Kaede from Shuffle, at least rin from there didnt get pwned coz he wasnt an ass like makoto
Old 2007-10-13, 02:58   Link #105
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
she's like Kaede from Shuffle, at least rin from there didnt get pwned coz he wasnt an ass like makoto
To me, it's more like a cross between Rena Ryuuguu/Kaede from Higurashi and Nerine. She's got the hots + a psycho and deadly factor.

Either way you look at it, we all know we just wanna laugh at Makoto's severed head and say "dumba**," just cuz he did all of those wrong things to Katsura and the other girls that even a middle schooler could figure out...possibly elementary..

Last edited by sasuke13; 2007-10-13 at 10:52.
Old 2007-10-15, 02:03   Link #106
InkMaster

Unhappy

Quote:

*Cry*

Yes, I deserve her way more then him!

But seriously, wow, just wow - after watching all 12 episodes I must say I'm in love w/ her - if only I could ever find a girl like that in real life...

I mean she is like my dream - great looking, tad shy, caring, and most importantly committed... the list goes on... sigh
Old 2007-10-16, 00:42   Link #107
GameShark03

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkMaster View Post
*Cry*

Yes, I deserve her way more then him!

But seriously, wow, just wow - after watching all 12 episodes I must say I'm in love w/ her - if only I could ever find a girl like that in real life...

I mean she is like my dream - great looking, tad shy, caring, and most importantly committed... the list goes on... sigh
Everything you ever wanted? Even when she carries that knife?
Old 2007-10-16, 02:04   Link #108
Jeiku

(Okay, before I start I am not too familiar with her game counterpart, so please don't blame me for only basing her off of what I have seen in the anime.)

To me, Kotonoha stood out from all the other characters in the show - she was the only one I remotely liked long after I grew to dislike Makoto and Sekai, as well as the only that did not resort to the others' deceptive tactics in getting what she wished. Since the beginning, Kotonoha simply wanted what was best for Makoto, putting so much faith into him despite the obvious signals of Makoto going behind her back.

This was her ultimate flaw, however: Kotonoha just couldn't accept reality and found herself in permanent denial. Over and over I wanted her to up and leave Makoto for good, but of course she never did, or tried to. It became clear that her love for him was genuine and wasn't merely for her happiness alone (otherwise she probably would have accepted Taisuke as her boyfriend). Despite her denial, I am sure every instance of hurt had the force of a sledgehammer in full swing, ultimately leading to her bout of insanity and lack of conscious control over what she does - even taking the initiative of making out with Makoto in front of Sekai in episode 12.

However... why didn't she do anything about it? So she begged Sekai to never go near him again. Yet, how could Kotonoha not blame Makoto in the least? Not once did she confront him. Even someone as soft-spoken and shy as Kotonoha should have done that if it meant keeping Makoto by her side. She defended herself when Otome and the others bullied her about her relationship. So why didn't she defend herself to Makoto?

Don't get me wrong; I see Kotonoha to be the innocent victim of this whole mess and I felt the utmost sorry for her. I consider her my favorite character in the anime even, but there were times when I was frustrated at her for not approaching her own boyfriend and questioning his loyalty. Regardless of her devotion to him, there were things she could have done about her situation and the pain she felt, and the results may have turned out differently.
Old 2007-10-16, 02:32   Link #109
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Quote:
It shows that she's hot, caring, and not weak person PERFECT
Old 2007-10-17, 06:57   Link #110
InkMaster

Quote:
hell yeah, at least she's committed unlike 99% 100% of the females I have met in my life
Old 2007-10-17, 20:58   Link #111
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Ummmm as a member of KKK in shuffle thread.... I hereby announce that KKK can be Kitto Kaede Kotonoha... lol but I don't know if others will approve that.... I mean about Kotonoha... she's just like Kaede in watever way... Devoted to the end...
Well too bad these girls Kaede and Kotonoha don't exist in the real world..
Old 2007-10-17, 21:46   Link #112
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

lol, I'd join a fanclub, somewhat, just hopefully it wouldn't arouse constroversy due to it's acronym
Old 2007-10-18, 01:18   Link #113
InkMaster

I guess we could always take the name by force and explain the real meaning of it to the people :/
Old 2007-10-18, 12:51   Link #114
ToxicNarcotic
Fun Drunk

Send a message via AIM to ToxicNarcotic
I don't believe she was a victim at all. IMO her weak character and idiocy contributed a great deal for all the crap she went through in the series. She's not a victim, she has herself to blame.
Old 2007-10-18, 17:52   Link #115
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicNarcotic View Post
I don't believe she was a victim at all. IMO her weak character and idiocy contributed a great deal for all the crap she went through in the series. She's not a victim, she has herself to blame.
It pains me when people dont see it MY way

Weak character you say...in terms of what? surely peeple like her has the right to lead a normal life like any other without the constraint of having to face hell every single day? if anything she is stronger (mentally) than anyone else on the series - if not she would have committed suicide long ago - or at least suffered insane depression.

Idiocy yea i agree with that. the only crime she committed was falling in love with such a bastard in the first place. seriously what a waste of affection if the guys wasnt willing to accept any of it (give some to me!!)

I guess she also has herself to blame for makoto cheating on her then. And her going crazy as well - yep people just normally go crazy for no reason right?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-18, 19:22   Link #116
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Quote:
Adding to the weak thing...she ain't weak when holding a knife with an urge to kill.
Old 2007-10-19, 00:20   Link #117
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
then who is the main victim??? and who's the suspects?? the main suspects I think is Makoto and Sekai... and who's the affected one... Kotonoha, right? Find the root of this cycle....why the whole crap happened? It's because....
Spoiler for ..:
Old 2007-10-21, 04:03   Link #118
redmeat

Quote:
You sound like Makato. He said something similar in one of the episodes.
Old 2007-10-22, 10:06   Link #119
ToxicNarcotic
Fun Drunk

Send a message via AIM to ToxicNarcotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
then who is the main victim??? and who's the suspects?? the main suspects I think is Makoto and Sekai... and who's the affected one... Kotonoha, right? Find the root of this cycle....why the whole crap happened? It's because....
Spoiler for ..:
You could label almost every character in this series as a 'victim,' hell, you could label almost anyone in any given circumstance a 'victim.' Hell, everyone's a victim. That's a weak cop out. Labeling people as victims does nothing more than over look their inherent flawed sense of reasoning, questionable actions, and overall strength of character; And in some situations justify their actions, no matter how flawed their logic was.

Sure, it's pretty easy to stack all the blame and wrong on Makoto, and in a lesser degree Sekai, but every other character that experienced pain contributed to a certain degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Weak character you say...in terms of what? surely peeple like her has the right to lead a normal life like any other without the constraint of having to face hell every single day? if anything she is stronger (mentally) than anyone else on the series - if not she would have committed suicide long ago - or at least suffered insane depression.
She empowered her predators by consistently assuming the role of the helpless prey, failed to believe the truth of what Makoto really was ( a two timing bastard) countless times, went completely insane over an obsession with a guy who blatantly told her it was over, ultimately leading to her
Spoiler for ..":
If that's being mentally strong then how I view being mentally strong is apparently flawed. Ultimately her own weakness of mind drove her into a prolonged state of grief.
You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say Kotonoha doesn't deserve to live a normal life.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I guess she also has herself to blame for makoto cheating on her then. And her going crazy as well - yep people just normally go crazy for no reason right?
What i'm trying to say is she has Makoto as well as herself to blame.

People go crazy for many different reasons. I've never said she went crazy for no reason at all, so I don't know what your getting at.

Don't try to pin this up as me trying to say Kotonoha is solely responsible, she isn't, but here's a fact, she's not the innocent victim you all portray her as, she had some responsibility in her grief, whether you like to admit it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmeat View Post
You sound like Makato. He said something similar in one of the episodes.
Don't throw me in with his lot.

To sum it all up, Kotonaha an innocent angel that wasn't repsonsible for any of the grief that befell her? No. Kotonaha a girl who was probably the most morally upright (well, till the end) who endured through a lot of pain, albeit contributed to it in a way? Yes.
Old 2007-10-22, 16:07   Link #120
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
You could label almost every character in this series as a 'victim,' hell, you could label almost anyone in any given circumstance a 'victim.' Hell, everyone's a victim.
so what's the truth? Is she a victim or not?
You said she's not a victim? Now I'm confused
Everybody has to blame but the most effects of all the happenings were targeted to Kotonoha... That's why I'm saying she is a main victim... And she was the first victim....
Spoiler for ...: