Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-25, 21:38   Link #21
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Ah, the Hot Springs ep... I'll never forget how Cartoon Network didn't air it because it was "inappropriate".
I can't really blame them, an episode where the premise involves trying to take nude pictures of a woman wasn't really going to go over too well on TV...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Old 2008-05-27, 14:36   Link #22
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Mwahahaha we got that episode on tele over here in the U.K. Had a few laughs over it, would have been better without the nudity mind.
Old 2008-05-27, 15:57   Link #23
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think the nudity was a token thing in anime in the 90's. It's like with American TV ads that used to have FULL FRONTAL NUDITY with no qualms in the 70's.

It was just something you didn't make anything out of. Unfortunately, American and even Japanese TV nowadays is making a huge fuss over it. Very sad state of affairs IMO. Though it is a great reason for them to uncensor them for the DVD versions.
Old 2008-05-27, 16:04   Link #24
BakaRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I think the nudity was a token thing in anime in the 90's. It's like with American TV ads that used to have FULL FRONTAL NUDITY with no qualms in the 70's.
As someone who was alive and watching TV in the 70's, I don't recall ever seeing any full frontal nudity in TV ads in the US back then. In fact, they still talked about waiting to have sex in the sitcoms then, unlike now. Now Hollywood movies on the other hand seemed to have wanted to throw topless women into almost every movie in the 70's for reasons not related to plot. It was almost like a check list, Topless Women... Check.
Old 2008-05-27, 19:36   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Trust me, there were no American TV ads with full-frontal nudity - ever! In Brazil, maybe...
Old 2008-06-09, 14:44   Link #26
ellifeedn
Thinker

I remember watching this series on Cartoon Network. It was one of the best I've seen. Although, I have problems remembering the end of the last episode, and would someone be kind enough to enlighten me?
Old 2008-06-09, 19:45   Link #27
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

If I remember right.

They find the LeyLine, it tries to take away the girl, Gene says he needs her. He gets her back, and they stay outlaws.

An open ended ending.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2008-06-09, 22:00   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Don't forget the time skip and new haircuts.
Old 2008-06-09, 22:33   Link #29
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

there was an time skip
Old 2008-06-10, 02:09   Link #30
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Don't forget the time skip and new haircuts.
i think the haircut was because gene got tossed into the pen for a few days...don't recall a major timeskip...
Old 2008-06-10, 12:30   Link #31
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm just wondering if I remember the last episode correctly and that it ends with Aisha and Suzuka rejoining everyone on the ship when they said they were departing from everyone on the planet.

EDIT: After some extensive searching I found my answer.

Few comments: When I first saw this anime, I thought the caster gun was one of the coolest weapons I've ever seen. I wish we could see the crew fight against the Tendo King and rest of the 108 stars.

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2008-06-11 at 12:23.
Old 2008-08-10, 21:32   Link #32
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Ah, Outlaw Star. Pretty much my favorite anime. I remember sleeping in the middle of the day when I was eight just so I could watch it at midnight. I didn't remember a whole lot (and I still don't even after rewatching the series ), just the part in ep26 where Gene shot the thingy that would drain half his life or something like that, and Jim yelling Gene's name after he collapsed that one episode. When I was eleven, I spazzed, thinking, 'Oh mai godz I have to watch this anime!' after I finally remembered the title.

Personally, I think it was pretty stupid for Cartoon Network to cut the entire ep23 (Hot Springs, I think) just for some nudity. That episode had important things in there, such as Gene getting those last three castors that had huge effects later on in the series. Couldn't they have just cut some images out (didn't Aisha shove her boobs in someone's face or was that just a close-up? o.o) and maybe done a little more in the commercial break (not that I particularly like commercials -.-)?

And, wasn't there a manga? Does anyone know where to find scans? o.o
Old 2009-12-08, 19:12   Link #33
Bradical
Godly Wolves manager

an awesome anime gotta re-watch it soon aahhh fond memories ^_^
Closed Thread

Tags
kemonomimi