AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-12-20, 03:26   Link #301
james0246

To be brief -

Mihawk - will continue to stay a badass until Zoro finally knocks him down from his throne. When Zoro fights Mihawk is a more interesting question than what Mihawk will do in the next few chapters. I expect that Zoro will defeat Mihawk well before the final story arc, effectively making Zoro compete against others seeking his new title of "World's Strongest Swordsman." There could be some interesting background info concerning Mihawk and Shanks and the time of Gol D. Roger, but I am not expecting anything that interesting concerning Mihawk's eventual fight with Zoro (specifically, I do not expect that Mihawk will spontaneously decide to try and take over the WG or something crazed along those lines, rather his future is fairly boring since he will probably just fight Zoro and nothing else).

Moria - will become increasingly unimportant, especially as the story moves into the territory of the New World, an area that Moria cannot enter for fear of dying. So, I expect that Moria will either die in the upcoming Whitebeard War, or he will simply fade into the background.

Jinbei - His history concerning why he became a Shichibukai and what happened with Arlong will be revealed, and, hopefully, he will fight Luffy (not as a serious arc level boss, but rather as a competition, of sorts, when Luffy attempts to travel to the New World via Fish Island). That being said, unless he breaks free of Impel Down, or Luffy lets him free, I do not expect him to do much of anything during the Whitebeard War, unless he decides to abandon his title and go rogue (whether that means he would join Whitebeard or not is unknown).

Hancock - I expect a Coby-esque separation between herself and Luffy in which Luffy will attack her, leading the Marines/WG into believing that she is not involved with Luffy (maybe that he was holding her hostage?). By doing this, Hancock will retain her position and her island will be safe from conquest from the WG.

Kuma - the true unknown in the current fights and subsequent development. Kuma could be a spy for Dragon, he could be an independent agent; he could look to preserve Gol D. Roger's legacy; he could betray the WG and help Whitebeard; he could do just about everything and anything he wants. He is the one character that we ultimately have to wait and see about.

Blackbeard - probably will not abandon the WG any time soon (the Shichibukai gig is too good to give up ), rather he will be assigned to patrol the New World, effectively letting him battle strong foes (gaining levels and experience ) and look for One Piece. Eventually he will also betray the WG, but not until their usefulness has expired. Right now, he looks like he could become the final boss of One Piece, so I expect that we will see a great deal of him in the future. During this current war, I expect him to act as bait to lead Whitebeard into a trap, effectively leading to Whitebeard's death, but I am unsure if Blackbeard will actually land the final blow or not...I am expecting that someone else will land the final blow.

DoFlamingo - My favourite Shichibukai . I am honestly unsure where "The Joker" of the One Piece series will end up. I could see him randomly deciding to betray the WG, or I could see him trying to kill the Gorousei, or a variety of other possible routes. I expect that during the current War, he will act similarly to Blackbeard, and hang out at the edge of the fights, provoking encounters and leading various pirates and marines to their deaths. We simply do not know enough about this man to adequately determine what he will do, except it will best serve his own vile desires.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 08:54   Link #302
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Sorry to bump this topic, but does anybody else care to speculate on what the fates of the warlords will be after the war is over?
Hmm, well the only person I don't have a clear idea of at this point is DoFlamingo, he's been quite the background character so far, almost at the rank of "armchair villian."

I'd imagine though, as you stated, that he'll have a big part to play in future plot. His "New World" ideology makes him a good match up against any "Old Age" pirate like Luffy or even BlackBeard.

Also, I can't help this nagging feeling that he has some involvement with Dragon and the Revolutionaries. Both seem to be vying for some kind of change but in opposite directions(one side much more obviously than the other), they're bound to come to a head at some point.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 13:59   Link #303
Blackbeard D. Kuma

James0246 and BlackNhite, thank you very much for your replies. It seems like our speculations are very similar to one another.

@James0246 - I guess the only area we differ in (in terms of speculation) is Blackbeard's fate. You still think that he is going to be a warlord, whereas I think he is going to dethrone Whitebeard and become the next emperor. Given all of the information presented to us in the story so far, we can advocate for both of our notions really. Also, it is nice to see that you have finally joined the, as you say, "Blackbeard Bandwagon". You have been enlightened and now see him as a possible candidate for final boss of the story. Welcome to the bandwagon my friend.

@BlackNhite - I find it very interesting that you feel Doflamingo has some kind of involvement with Dragon and his Revolutionary army. Dragon is most certainly trying to take down the World Government and "liberate" all areas under their (WG) influence and control, while Doflamingo appears to also be attempting to bring about some kind of change with his "new era". From what he said about his "new era", being that it is going to be a place where only the strong survive, he is trying to "revolutionize" the current age of piracy and mold it to what he desires it to be. This is an interesting observation/connection you have made here, and I think that it is something to think about.
Old 2008-12-20, 15:55   Link #304
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
To be brief -

Jinbei - His history concerning why he became a Shichibukai and what happened with Arlong will be revealed, and, hopefully, he will fight Luffy (not as a serious arc level boss, but rather as a competition, of sorts, when Luffy attempts to travel to the New World via Fish Island). That being said, unless he breaks free of Impel Down, or Luffy lets him free, I do not expect him to do much of anything during the Whitebeard War, unless he decides to abandon his title and go rogue (whether that means he would join Whitebeard or not is unknown).

I don't think Luffy will fight Jinbei, in chapter 526 it said he was recently imprisoned so if anything I believe Jinbei will help Luffy escape Impel Down. During the escape Luffy will prove his merit by kicking ass and taking names so no need for them to even fight in the form of a competition.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 21:16   Link #305
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
James0246 and BlackNhite, thank you very much for your replies. It seems like our speculations are very similar to one another.
Well I'll just not reply to your speculations if it's not appreciated.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 10:42   Link #306
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
You know what? I really could care less if it was simply Coby who brought this jerk down. As long as I don't have to sit through another 10 minutes of his ABSOLUTELY AGITATING laughter. Any quick death would be too good for him!
Since you asked for some acknowledgement...

Actually, Moria is probably my favorite Shichibukai, next to Kuma of course.
He reminds me a lot of some hodge-podge of Beetlejuice and Oogie Boogie who are probably the two most annoying entities in media and two of my childhood heroes (what can I say, assholes admire each other).

As for further use in the story, he's a lot like Crocodile; until we know how his defeat has effected him we can't be sure of anything. He did have quite the rivalry with Kidou, coupling his defeat at the hands of Luffy with possible success against the Whitebeards could spur him to go after the Emperor.

Or maybe Kidou himself is among the crews gathered by Whitebeard?

That would be an interesting way to introduce Kidou, through confrontation with Moria. Beyond that... eh, maybe he'll get a cover-arc?

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-12-23, 12:53   Link #307
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Well I'll just not reply to your speculations if it's not appreciated.
If I gave you the impression that I didn't even acknowledge your reply to my speculation, I am sorry. That was not my intention at all. I can see how you would perceive me as being rude for only thanking james0246 and BlackNhite for their replies. Believe me though, I did read your reply. It's just that you didn't provide any speculation of your own to answer the question I brought up. Not to be disrespectful here, but the only character you commented on was Gecko Moria and even then you didn't speculate on what his fate would be in the aftermath of the war. You only commented on how you would be content as long as he would be dealt with quickly so you wouldn't have to hear (what you feel is) his annoying laugh. In other words, you didn't answer/reply properly to my question. But anyways, I hope there's no hard feelings and I would be interested in reading some of your thoughts concerning the fates of the warlords.
Old 2008-12-23, 21:29   Link #308
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Would not "Moria being defeated by Coby" be a speculation of at least one of them?

Beyond that I would have to say that Kuma will come in at the exact right time to save one of the Strawhat's lives because of his "taking a shine" to them, perhaps even sacrificing himself for their benefit, call me crazy but I think he could do it.

Blackbeard's pretty obvious, everyone seems to know that Luffy will be the one to fight him, and with his newly discovered Haki powers, he could very well do it once he controls them.

Doflamingo is perhaps one of the more Wildcards of the bunch. I can only really see him fighting perhaps someone along the lines of Garp or maybe even Robin. Yeah Robin seems like she would match him in some way, seemings how his (Haki or DF) powers affect their connected muscles.

Everyone basically knows Mihawk will be Zoro's ultimate opponent, so we can leave it at that.

Jinbei is turning more toward being an ally to the Strawhats, and therefore more than likely to face one of his former factions.

As for Boa, it seems death/defeat is in for her. She will more than likely die to try and protect Luffy.
Old 2008-12-23, 22:32   Link #309
crescent_essence
The Best of the Best.

Send a message via MSN to crescent_essence
Sigh...I'm bored. Hi again, everyone. Happy Holidays, and I hope everyone's enjoying the season.

OMG...did you ever realize how truly boring the internet is? God...I just got DSL...and I think I've ruined my internet experience. I was on dial up until sevral days ago, and now...bam. I'm bored. LOL.

Now I see why there are always guys around here, lol.

Anyway: Blackbeard D Kuma asked something really interesting, that I'd been wondering myself, what with the Shichibukai and all that after the War.

Well, I honestly can't come up with a good enough reason for the World Gov't to want to keep them around. If they defeat Whitebeard then it would be the start of the end of the Age of Piracy, so I don't see them wanting souvenirs, if you know what I mean.

Hey, did I mention that the internet is a really boring place? Anyway, more's the pity: I'm feeling a lot of concern for Shanks, since he's not been shown once since he fought Whitebeard. Not only that, but Whitebeard is now safe and sound (???) moving against the World Government.

Or, he could also be badly injured. That would be a good plot twist. I mean...give Shanks some credit: he MUST have put some serious hurt on Whitebeard when they fought, even if he lost, and it would present a whole new twist:

Whitebeard appears at Impel Down, and is injured, etc. Rumours spread, and people are saying that "Whitebeard is still injured from his encounter with the Red Haired Shanks!"

It wouldn't be too hard to imagine Luffy fighting in some way against Whitebeard, or opposing him from that point on, and it would be cool to see Luffy give Whitebeard some talks. LOL.

"In this sea, if you're an Emperor, then I'll just become a god!!"

I can just picture it.
crescent_essence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 10:02   Link #310
syler321

i dont know about the hole part of luffi fighting with whitebeard i dont think it will be part of the story,im pretty sure if someone is gonna beat whitebeard its blackbeard and he will be the first shibukai to take a younku place,after that luffi might be fighting with moria or with kuma...
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 13:04   Link #311
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Luffy more than likely will not be fighting with Moria, Kuma is more plausible for that fight. But in the ways of White Beard, yeah I'd say he and Blackbeard will face off, with or without Luffy watching.
Old 2008-12-24, 19:39   Link #312
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Would not "Moria being defeated by Coby" be a speculation of at least one of them?
At most I can see Coby taking out cannon fodder from Whitebeard's crew. To say that Moria may be defeated by Coby is too much of a stretch, for such a defeat would really ridicule the title of warlord wouldn't you agree? Coby is not even close to being as strong as a warlord so Moria losing to him would really be degrading I feel.

Quote:
Beyond that I would have to say that Kuma will come in at the exact right time to save one of the Strawhat's lives because of his "taking a shine" to them, perhaps even sacrificing himself for their benefit, call me crazy but I think he could do it.
I personally don't want this to happen to him since it is pretty cliche and has been done before. I hope he has a much deeper motive for why he does the things he does. I do agree though that he is the warlord most likely to commit such an act, only because of how merciful he has been to the strawhats so far. He doesn't seem like an enemy to them.

I'm pretty sure that you have also heard of the theory that he may perhaps be affiliated with Dragon in some way (eg. being a spy for Dragon), since he knows of his relation to Luffy and has spared the crew two times now. I'll say right now that I don't like this idea either since if it does turn out to be true it is very predictable based on all of the subtle hints Oda has given us so far. I'm hoping that this is one of the possibilities Oda wants us to believe and that when it comes time to unveil what Kuma's true purposes are, he'll put in a big twist that no one would have ever expected. Considering that Kuma is quite the enigma, his actions should be very misleading.

Quote:
Blackbeard's pretty obvious, everyone seems to know that Luffy will be the one to fight him, and with his newly discovered Haki powers, he could very well do it once he controls them.
The confrontation between Blackbeard and Luffy is definitely inevitable, however they won't be fighting any time soon since Luffy is far from ready.

Quote:
Doflamingo is perhaps one of the more Wildcards of the bunch. I can only really see him fighting perhaps someone along the lines of Garp or maybe even Robin. Yeah Robin seems like she would match him in some way, seemings how his (Haki or DF) powers affect their connected muscles.
Very interesting. May I ask why you feel he would fight Garp? I can deduce why you think Robin would be a good match for Doflamingo, since he too appears to mess around with his victims by indirect means (body manipulation), but I can't make any connection with Garp.

Quote:
Everyone basically knows Mihawk will be Zoro's ultimate opponent, so we can leave it at that.
True enough. Nothing else needs to be said.

Quote:
Jinbei is turning more toward being an ally to the Strawhats, and therefore more than likely to face one of his former factions.
I agree with this. So you think that he is going to become a rogue pirate and be stripped of his warlord status since you feel that he may have to fight one of the other warlords later on?

Quote:
As for Boa, it seems death/defeat is in for her. She will more than likely die to try and protect Luffy.
This scenario does seem plausible since she loves Luffy and thus would gladly protect him. We have already been given her back story as to why she became a warlord and what her past life was like, so all that's left for her to be revealed is how strong she really is and how she fights. In other words, there really is not much left for her to do and therefore she is what I feel the 2nd most likely to fall in this war. There have to be some casualties/fatalities in the shichibukai, otherwise Whitebeard's threat wouldn't be significant or formidable.
Old 2008-12-25, 00:22   Link #313
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Garp was a shot in the dark, I thought Robin was a much more plausible match. As for Jinbei, I think he would take out Moria.
Old 2008-12-25, 01:22   Link #314
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
As for Jinbei, I think he would take out Moria.
This is funny. I take it that you really don't like Moria at all. I guess you really did find his laugh excruciatingly painful to listen to. Regardless of what Jimbei does, I am really looking forward to finally seeing him, which will probably be very soon. Ever since the first Shichibukai meeting (when Moria and Hancock were not yet revealed), he has been my most anticipated warlord (the one I was most looking forward to finally seeing). Judging by the silhouette of his face, we can tell that he is going to be one hell of a beast and he is most definitely going to be a god when it comes to fighting in his most advantageous environment, the ocean.
Old 2008-12-31, 11:03   Link #315
syler321

jimbei is defintly one of the strongest shichibukai the boss of arlong pirates got to be realy strong,but if he is out of the shichibukai then that means that someone else will fill in his place,who do u think that will be?

i would say enell is one of the ppl that can replace him but his goals had nothing to do with the shicibukai.

i think hankcock is the weakest shicibukai,every one of the shicibukai had to do something to get there-blackbeard beat ace,mihawk use to fight shanks alottt and he is one of the younkou,kuma everybody knows im as tyrant kuma and he defintly crazy strong,jimbei we dont know much about but arlong boss got to be oretty strong,dominic was also a pirate captain and the highest bounty of all the shicibukai.

what did hancock do to be a shicibukai?
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 13:33   Link #316
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
i think hankcock is the weakest shicibukai,every one of the shicibukai had to do something to get there-blackbeard beat ace,mihawk use to fight shanks alottt and he is one of the younkou,kuma everybody knows im as tyrant kuma and he defintly crazy strong,jimbei we dont know much about but arlong boss got to be oretty strong,dominic was also a pirate captain and the highest bounty of all the shicibukai.

what did hancock do to be a shicibukai?
Probably nothing, Hancock doesn't seem the type to willingly submit to the World Government, she openly states that she hates them. The WG most likely just came to her because they have leverage on her(the Isle of Kuja) and she possesses a rare Haki type(the King's Disposition).

We can't really say much for Hancock because she hasn't been forced into any kind of combat situation, but the WG went out of their way to recruit her so it seems there's more to her than meets the eye.

Old 2009-01-01, 03:22   Link #317
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Yeah seriously, we need to see Boa in a fight before we can go making such accusations at her abilities. I really want to see her and Jimbei in some kind of a battle, preferably against one of the White Beard pirates, because the only one we've seen in action from them is Ace. Whitebeard doesn't count because it was ONE blade strike.
Old 2009-01-06, 10:48   Link #318
sjaako

i saw some really interesting theorys over here. each one was pretty sure that WhiteBeard's ass will be kicked for the sake of the story. it actually is pretty sure.
i just hope that Oda won't forget the current status of WhiteBeard.
He who could fight head on with The Pirate King, he who has the status of strongest man in the world and not to forget who is after all a great man and captain who sees everyone on his ship as his own son. the legendary vice admiral Garp didn't look too happy to fight the Whitebeard Pirates.

it's not easy to predict the outcome of the war because we dont know who is in the war and the WG doesnt know what WB is doing. we dont know what the other yonkou are doing.
possible but unlikely a team up with WB and Yonkou?
and who's side the shichibukai are. like Jimbei he isnt really on WG's side, and Boa doesn't really wants to fight.

i think the WG does have more enemy's to worry about. someone like crocodile could make a move in the chaos of the war and do some damage because they arent good buddys anymore. how about the other powerfull people out there. wouldnt just after the war a great moment to make a move against the WG when they probably have suffered heavy losses. there could be other unknown powers, like blackbeard was, should do something.

well the WG is in deep shit if they dont destroy WB witch they cant because the time of making your great move what the WG wouldnt like is after the war.

i tought it would be awesome if WhiteBeard shows us why he is the strongest and go berserk and kick a punk-ass admiral and moria. or someone unlikely to get his ass kicked. someone like Blackbeard. witch would make doflamingo the final boss: old era pirates vs new era pirates.

im looking forward to it
im pretty sure that oda will come up with something awesome
sjaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 12:34   Link #319
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaako View Post
i tought it would be awesome if WhiteBeard shows us why he is the strongest and go berserk and kick a punk-ass admiral and moria. or someone unlikely to get his ass kicked. someone like Blackbeard. witch would make doflamingo the final boss: old era pirates vs new era pirates.

im looking forward to it
im pretty sure that oda will come up with something awesome
There's an idea I haven't heard: Blackbeard losing the upcoming battle. So unexpected, I'm sure that's what Oda wants to do. But we could be wrong, too.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 16:15   Link #320
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
possible but unlikely a team up with WB and Yonkou?
I personally like that idea as it gives reason plot-wise for Moria's continued appearance. It is known that Moria had a running rivalry with Kidou, one of the Yonkou, and that he is the reason Moria lost his crew. I think that would be a fantastic way to introduce Kidou as I've stated before on this thread.

I'm suddenly at odds as to whether or not Shanks will be among those opposing the WG, he does show a lot of concern for Ace. At the same time... there's just something about him that makes the idea of him joining in on this whole war somewhat ludicrous.
But if he does partake... maybe we'll get to see what an old spar between the Red-Hair and the World's Greatest Swordsmen was really like...

Quote:
like Jimbei he isnt really on WG's side, and Boa doesn't really wants to fight.
Quote:
i think the WG does have more enemy's to worry about. someone like crocodile could make a move in the chaos of the war and do some damage because they arent good buddys anymore.
It's funny really, all these figures that were once the right hand of the World Government now either are or have potential to become allies of the Strawhats.
Boa is pretty obvious... I think it would be interesting if she were to keep her status by pure accident; the Whitebeard pirates attacking Impel Down whilst Luffy and co. are still inside and her rushing through them trying to find Luffy.
Jimbei is the most useful plot-wise, he's their best connection to getting through the Red Line and into the New World and with him being held at Impel Down he'll most likely have quite the encounter with the Strawhat Captain.
Crocodile's the wild card of the group, it's hard to say just what he'll be doing when we see him again or how his feelings about Luffy will stand... but that keeps him interesting right?

Quote:
It would be awesome to see Whitebeard go berserk and plow his way through Vice-Admirals and Shichibukai, probably even a Pacifista or two. The idea of him defeating Blackbeard is also interesting as it would be a parallel to Luffy's defeat at the hands of Kizaru and Sentomaru.
But at the same time, I feel defeating Whitebeard would be a good way to introduce the final Admiral: Akainu. Especially if Whitebeard managed to get through Kizaru or Aokiji.
I do like your idea of Doflamingo as the final boss, New Age vs Old Age is a classic set-up. But in that regard, Doflamingo has quite the list of possible opponents; Luffy, Dragon, perhaps even Blackbeard(the man does have slight affiliation with Doflamingo's crew through the Jaya Arc).

Ah, it feels good to be able to speculate again!