AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-30, 15:17   Link #61
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
They want to establish communication with humans using assimilation, and they are attracted to quantum brainwaves because they want to communicate through that. Which means quantum brainwaves is their method of communication.

Well I suppose GN Particles exist in nature and maybe their home world has it somehow.
Wait, this is somewhat confusing. From the previous posts that I've read earlier in this thread. I was under the impression that the ELS are attracted to Innovators because QBW is something that they are unfamiliar with but can SENSE. Am I wrong about that?

I was assuming that they do communicate through some kind of wave that is similar to QBW, maybe just a different frequency. There primary method of communication is through assimilation, which in my opinion makes a lot of sense. If theyr'e an alien life form that developed as a hivemind they really don't need any form of language, assimilation would do.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 17:15   Link #62
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Wait, this is somewhat confusing. From the previous posts that I've read earlier in this thread. I was under the impression that the ELS are attracted to Innovators because QBW is something that they are unfamiliar with but can SENSE. Am I wrong about that?
Purely from my own memory, that is what I remember. This was their reaction when they sensed them (I recall the word afraid being in the mix) and what attracted them to Earth I recall, since they had to come from somewhere outside Sol.

However, I do not recall them actually wanting to use QBW to communicate, since they do not understand it or even know what it is. They wanted to communicate by assimilating and the QBW individuals seem to be the most intriguing targets to choose first seeing as it was what attracted them to Earth when they sensed it far away.

Anyways, what C.A. and the other (three of us) are saying are essentially mostly the same, using assimilation to communicate. With the exception that the other three of us seems to think that it just ends there while C.A. seems to think that the ELS want to assimiliate the QBW people so they can communicate with us even further. At least our memories tell us so.

IMO (outside what the movie explores), I do personally think that the ELS have a wireless communication method with each other but I do not think that they are QBW and if they are, it's not the same ones as the humans anyways.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-30 at 17:35.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 00:12   Link #63
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

If the ELS had quantum brainwaves, the whole point behind assimilation would be naught. They just need to contact humans with brainwaves, and ta-da, done.

Because they had none, but they could sense it, and didn't know what it entailed, they assimilated to understand.

GN particles linking their cells together. I haven't heard that something similar to photons could do that.. Even if they do have extraordinary properties (Innovation, healing the minds etc.), those are "contactless" exposures.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 00:52   Link #64
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
If the ELS had quantum brainwaves, the whole point behind assimilation would be naught. They just need to contact humans with brainwaves, and ta-da, done.
Wasn't that supposed to be what Setsuna did with the 00R Trans-Am Burst on the ELS? From what I heard, the ELS tried to communicate with Setsuna, unfortunately he got information overload instead.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 01:06   Link #65
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post

IMO (outside what the movie explores), I do personally think that the ELS have a wireless communication method with each other but I do not think that they are QBW and if they are, it's not the same ones as the humans anyways.
I agree that they don't have QBW, because if they do it'd wouldn't make much sense. But the fact that they can sense QBW and have an influence over it means that they must have some kind of similar wave frequency that can interfere with it.
Old 2010-10-31, 02:43   Link #66
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well my interpretations are just my own speculations from viewing the movie once.

What I saw was that everytime the ELS interacted with a QBW user, it was shown that the waves were coming from the ELS and the QBW user senses it and gets a headache.

What makes it more likely that the ELS has QBW was because Setsuna said himself that he wants to establish a connection with them using QBW inside the quantum realm, which was his intention all the way till the end.

The only problem Setsuna faced other than the headaches was the lack of power to generate the amount of GN Particles he needs to establish a strong enough connection.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 03:26   Link #67
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Wasn't that supposed to be what Setsuna did with the 00R Trans-Am Burst on the ELS? From what I heard, the ELS tried to communicate with Setsuna, unfortunately he got information overload instead.
This is one thing I want revealed about the ELS. They don't communicate with QBW. So so what do they communicate with?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 03:55   Link #68
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hey, there seems to be some previous characters that would return (ressurect?)???

Are there???
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 03:57   Link #69
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
This is one thing I want revealed about the ELS. They don't communicate with QBW. So so what do they communicate with?
Specifically? With each other, or with humans? If it's the former, don't they have a hivemind of sorts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Hey, there seems to be some previous characters that would return (ressurect?)???

Are there???
Neil, Chris and Lichty appear to Setsuna in a dream when he was comatose. Anyway, this belongs in the movie thread, not here.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 04:00   Link #70
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Both I guess.
Old 2010-10-31, 06:54   Link #71
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Well my interpretations are just my own speculations from viewing the movie once.

What I saw was that everytime the ELS interacted with a QBW user, it was shown that the waves were coming from the ELS and the QBW user senses it and gets a headache.

What makes it more likely that the ELS has QBW was because Setsuna said himself that he wants to establish a connection with them using QBW inside the quantum realm, which was his intention all the way till the end.

The only problem Setsuna faced other than the headaches was the lack of power to generate the amount of GN Particles he needs to establish a strong enough connection.
Hm, I have to say your theory sounds a lot more plausible now. I guess the ELS uses Quantumn Brain Waves like nerve signals, and communicate within the hivemind like our brain.

So in fact it really is a giant coincidence that humanity managed to evolve into Innovators and meet an exotic alien race that uses QBW as well. What if the ELS didn't use QBW, how could they possibly communicate with each other? It's like you're trying to Facebook someone when they use MySpace only. I guess you go to war when that happens.
Old 2010-10-31, 13:53   Link #72
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:

Oh okay then. If it's a interpretation speculation (as opposed to a recollection of things directly stated) then it's fine because I really did not remember some of these being stated in the movie.

Quote:
There's like a lot of things you can communicate with really. Quantum Brainwaves is quite specific. Not all waves have to quantum related you know. (not in the same sense that I think Quantum Brainwaves work anyhow)

Sometimes a good old FM radio frequency works.......
Old 2010-11-02, 08:58   Link #73
velocity7

I'm more of the opinion they use something similar enough to QBW that it can cause headaches for Innovades and Innovators. They didn't have actual QBW until Setsuna initiated the Quantum System. Even then, an Innovade like Tieria is also needed to filter out a lot of the junk data associated with any kind of communications like that.
Old 2010-11-02, 11:04   Link #74
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

In regards to the headaches, the Innovators or at least Setsuna feel them quite a bit and almost all the time when they're near. The Innovades do not I recall, in Tiera's case he felt it after he expanded his QBW to attract the ELS, who was feeding on 00 Raiser in that said instant. The Super Soldiers don't feel it either at any point IIRC. Just what I an observation I remembered.
Old 2010-11-02, 18:13   Link #75
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, do you think it's possible for the ELS to shoot shards of themselves at an enemy? Maybe in some form of defense, like a porcupine?
Old 2010-11-03, 01:54   Link #76
bio9205
Reborn

I'm wondering if it's possible the ELS encountered other worlds but only 'attacked' Earth because it was the only inhabitable planet.
Old 2010-11-03, 02:29   Link #77
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I'm wondering if it's possible the ELS encountered other worlds but only 'attacked' Earth because it was the only inhabitable planet.
Well it's been said that the ELS over loaded Setsuna with so much information, ergo why he went comatose. So, the info could be about their travels across the galaxy. Perhaps they did encounter other life, but we were the only ones that prompted a hostile response.
Old 2010-11-03, 02:43   Link #78
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Well it's been said that the ELS over loaded Setsuna with so much information, ergo why he went comatose. So, the info could be about their travels across the galaxy. Perhaps they did encounter other life, but we were the only ones that prompted a hostile response.
What happened to the ELS, anyway? Weren't they curious about Earth because they were searching for a new home planet? Was it mentioned if they found one eventually?

With Setsuna's newfound ability to 'begin dialogues' with other races, I'm pretty sure he could serve as translators for the ELS to maybe cohabit another world.
Old 2010-11-03, 02:51   Link #79
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm still not clear on the ending. I keep hearing that Setsuna and all the ELS left to their home planet, so he can understand them better. But then I hear that their planet was destroyed by red-dwarf star, so....how can they go back to the planet?
Old 2010-11-03, 03:26   Link #80
jonli
JONLIの憂'

For something so resilient to the conditions of space, to the point where they can just shape shift and fly around with ease AND live in a gas giant (which is freaking everywhere). You must wonder why they even bother looking for a habitable planet.