AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-26, 09:01   Link #13081
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I just unlocked the T49 and honestly it's a pretty terrible light tank but it can be so hilarious when RNG goes your way. There is nothing quite as satisfying as spotting and then hitting any of the german TD's for nearly 1000 damage.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Apparently it is also still really easy to stat pad using light tanks but wargaming still haven't updated the API to include spotting
Old 2014-12-26, 09:28   Link #13082
Gravitas Free Zone

The T49 accelerates slowly (like the 12t or 13 75) but is very tall (unlike the 12t or 13 75). I know I should hit and run without stopping, but that hasn't seemed to work out too well since I tend to get focused when I'm in the open for even a couple of seconds.

Somewhat better results have actually come from popping out while enemies are distracted, aiiiiiiiiiming, shooting, hiding again, and repeating the process from a different location.

It's still going to take a lot of getting used to.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 10:06   Link #13083
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The T49 accelerates slowly (like the 12t or 13 75) but is very tall (unlike the 12t or 13 75). I know I should hit and run without stopping, but that hasn't seemed to work out too well since I tend to get focused when I'm in the open for even a couple of seconds.

Somewhat better results have actually come from popping out while enemies are distracted, aiiiiiiiiiming, shooting, hiding again, and repeating the process from a different location.

It's still going to take a lot of getting used to.
Sounds like a worse Leopard PTA.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 11:28   Link #13084
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Sounds like a worse Leopard PTA.
Except the PTA has a decent aim time. The T49's gun laughs in the face of accuracy. It would probably take a full VS/GLD/BiA/vents/food combo to bring the gun performance from drunken-crew T92 standard to something slightly worse than the KV-2.

I set up a few T49-specific reloading messages based on the phrase "freedom dispenser." Pity I will never actually use them unless I turn chat back on. (I did try the BattleMessenger chat filter mod with the opposing team turned off, but that only reduces the inane blatherings by about 33%.)

Edited to add: Whose insane idea was it to make Mittengard? The teams start out within visual range of each other with no cover!

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-12-26 at 15:27.
Old 2014-12-26, 21:47   Link #13085
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:

Edited to add: Whose insane idea was it to make Mittengard? The teams start out within visual range of each other with no cover!
Is it for lower tier match? If so, that will be yes since I`m using some lower tier premium tanks that I have in my garage(T-127). It really feels insane Endless and that would give Pz.1c drivers a day due to that radio.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 22:10   Link #13086
Gravitas Free Zone

It's up through Tier 3 only. Something like the FCM 36 PaK would be great, except that it's not too difficult to be spotted by everybody.
Old 2014-12-27, 04:07   Link #13087
VDZ

Quote:
It's up through Tier 3 only. Something like the FCM 36 PaK would be great, except that it's not too difficult to be spotted by everybody.
I've never encountered it on tier 2 battles, only when there were also tier 3s present. It's probably tier 3 only.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 08:14   Link #13088
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Mittengard is the shittiest map. Ever.

I mean, seriously? A map where the only way to win is to have the better armored tank?

Sorry for the rant. But that map just handed me the fastest ass-whooping in my WoT career: 17 seconds.
Old 2014-12-27, 10:04   Link #13089
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Mittengard is the shittiest map. Ever.

I mean, seriously? A map where the only way to win is to have the better armored tank?

Sorry for the rant. But that map just handed me the fastest ass-whooping in my WoT career: 17 seconds.
Getting Mittengard in an FCM 36 Pak 40 is pretty funny. My outrageously high 400m base view range plus optics gives me 440m+ effective view range, which leads to me spotting all 15 enemy tanks in the first few seconds. Easiest Scout medal ever.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 23:43   Link #13090
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I finally reached my 3rd mark of excellence for the first time on my T37.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I happened to notice I was on 94% progress after a really good game yesterday which lead to the most frustrating day of tanks I've ever had. After getting as close as 94.84% and having a frequent bad games ruining it I refuse to pay any attention to my mark progress from now on. The only positive was that playing so carefully lead to a pretty crazy survival and win rate for the day.
Old 2014-12-29, 06:38   Link #13091
Pen3

I managed to win about 70% of my games today. I have been grinding the Firefly and Challenger most of the time.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 11:46   Link #13092
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So I have gained a renewed appreciation for the game, and a renewed respect for the German line leading up to the Tiger.

Hell, I have been spending way too much time on the Tiger I... don't know if I should, but I love that tank

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 13:00   Link #13093
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
So I have gained a renewed appreciation for the game, and a renewed respect for the German line leading up to the Tiger.

Hell, I have been spending way too much time on the Tiger I... don't know if I should, but I love that tank

- Tak
Glad to see you back.

I haven't played since christmass, 'cause Warthunder has me occupied with their x5 victory multiplier, I managed to get half of the research on both the Tiger I and the IS-1 in the game. Also the KV-2 is quite... peculiar (I manage to kill Tigers by aiming at the frontal weakspots with HE, but light tanks always survive my derps)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 13:11   Link #13094
Tak

Yeah, my favorites are still what I already have in there. The KV-1S has been changed to the KV-85, and that new 100mm is a very good weapon. Still love the Tiger I though, despite anything from Tier 5 on up can still crack its hull open...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-12-29, 16:12   Link #13095
KBTKaiser

been a while since I poked in here...
I started over on the SEA server since my friends/elitist jerkasses/mentor/gaming buddies all played there.(If you're wondering who, it's Yekaterina and Retia, don't ask how the hell I came to know them, and no, I haven't learned enough to play like them either...)

My current lineup is now the Chi Nu(and Kai) for JP line, T40 for US TDs, Lorr 39 for French SPG and Pz. 38 nA for German tanks leading to the Maus
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 17:13   Link #13096
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

It's kinda nice to see more people returning to the game. Also I'm going to be back soon, when the x5 victories event in WT ends.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 17:45   Link #13097
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
been a while since I poked in here...
I started over on the SEA server since my friends/elitist jerkasses/mentor/gaming buddies all played there.(If you're wondering who, it's Yekaterina and Retia, don't ask how the hell I came to know them, and no, I haven't learned enough to play like them either...)

My current lineup is now the Chi Nu(and Kai) for JP line, T40 for US TDs, Lorr 39 for French SPG and Pz. 38 nA for German tanks leading to the Maus
You are not going to like the Maus. The STB-1 OTOH, is relatively sub-par, and has some of the worst accuracy.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2014-12-29 at 18:04.
Old 2014-12-29, 20:55   Link #13098
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What's the equipment setup for Pz. 38t?
Old 2014-12-29, 23:22   Link #13099
Gravitas Free Zone

I went with a camo net, optics, and binoculars. The camo net isn't entirely necessary with a full-up camo crew, but still helps if you're shooting or not entirely behind full bush cover; vents would be a reasonable replacement for the camo net in that case. There's not much else that changes all that much for its top-end characteristics; it doesn't really need a gun-laying drive and can't mount a rammer.
Old 2014-12-29, 23:38   Link #13100
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

^ Both bino and optics? And I think I'll go with camo net first.

EDIT: Yay, just got my first win at Mittengard.

Last edited by Rokumonsen; 2014-12-30 at 05:38.
Rokumonsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks