AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-23, 00:34   Link #61
FlyByNite

I actually kinda liked the ending, it's funny but I swear from reading everyones thoughts from prior episodes I didn't think anyone WANTED a happy romance ending...

This ending reminds me kind of like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's...The main character loses their physical body saving the world and goes off and their significant other is left waiting for them to return...

I got the impression that basically Akari and Hikari need to find a new home for the creatures that were supposed to replace humans, but didn't...

Still it was something of a bittersweet ending. That last scene with Akari and Ryou was sad, although it did show Akari never saw things in a romantic light, which makes sense since she did always treat him like a brother.

I didn't like the whole "lets go find our mom & Dad" thing though from him.

There also isn't really any resolution to the Mari/Takeru thing. He's there looking up at the sky and missing Hikari while Mari continues to hover around in her usual snippy way.

It would have been nice if someone could have died, I was rooting for the entire world and then you get Akari & Hikari survive, but I would have settled for just killing Mari...
Old 2004-06-23, 01:55   Link #62
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I don't see why everyone is bashing the ending. Sure it wasn't what most of us were expecting or what we wanted to see, but it was actually quite good. This was the kind of ending mahoro should have had. Personally I'd rather have some fluffy ending where Hikari and Takeru end up together. However, that wouldn't be as good as what the ending actually was. Would I like it better, yes. Would it be better, no.
Old 2004-06-23, 02:47   Link #63
DarcLion XVI
Shadow Stream

Send a message via ICQ to DarcLion XVI Send a message via AIM to DarcLion XVI Send a message via MSN to DarcLion XVI Send a message via Yahoo to DarcLion XVI
Just done watching the final episode and I say--

--**sudden memory loss**--

...I don't get it.

Last edited by DarcLion XVI; 2004-06-29 at 00:17.
Old 2004-06-23, 02:56   Link #64
Paiser

Screw this. Ima just praying for OVA just praying if there is ep13 out this friday Ima send thank you email which i created 200 email account just to piss off gainax.
Yahoo and hotmail 150 of them were mostly abandon from me friends <-
(like im goin to creat 150 email accounts) 50 i did.
FUZZY WUZZY

Hey, if there is OVA. Also if there is MIGHT a fuzzy wuzzy ending. What will all you gainax lovers going to think?? o_O MUAHHA FUZZY WUZZY DOMINATES
Old 2004-06-23, 04:05   Link #65
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
What a lame ending to a lame series. Like the whole story arc - which consisted of about 4 1/2 episodes - was finished halfway through the episode!
Old 2004-06-23, 07:04   Link #66
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Well... I liked the ending... if not for the itching feeling on whether Hikari did came back... If there's a scene in the final that showed part of Hikari returning to Earth I'll be happy... (But even happier if she appeared out of my monitor and sleep with me). Anyway the ending reminded me of Final Fantasy X.

Overall my opinion is that the truth was revealed too quickly. I think the anime might have been better if there were fewer fanservice, and the story is developed more slowly. Episodes 9 onwards are great, made me excited for the next episode each time I've finished watching one.

Probably you guys felt that the ending was bad because you wanted the ending to happen in another way.

Hikari and Akari are cute I hope they keep them coming, might not be in the form of another anime series, but just keep them coming

I wonder what the butterfly with abnormal wings represent... Hikari and Akari as a single being in the form of a butterfly ('Cause they lost their human bodies)?
Old 2004-06-23, 07:26   Link #67
Wednesday

Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai 12 by AonE-Onigiri is up. Please download it and seed . Thanx.
Old 2004-06-23, 11:30   Link #68
Mr.Minou

well after reading all this thread...I still like this "bittersweet" ending
Old 2004-06-23, 14:56   Link #69
onigiri
....always have hope =)..

....after reading most of this thread...my reaction is this -> ....i don't get it, why are people so whiney about the ending (..i have to admit that i'm whiney most of the time...dang it i'm a hypocrite..><)...anyways, about the ending, i thought that it..was pretty good. I mean, just by looking at the storyline of the anime and what happened throughout the series....some of you poeple still expected a sappy and happy ending?? i dunno, usually, i would love sappy happy endings, you know, with the main characters getting together and all....but i don't really think the idea of that kind of ending suits this series? it's really rare to have non-happy endings...so i guess it's a good thing. also about mari being whiney and still going after takeru...i don't think that's true? i read in this other thread that it's a tradition for girls to cut their hair when they break up with their boyfreinds (in this case, got rejected)....and although i don't like mari that much, i do believe that it's not fair to shoot so much hatred towards her as if she had done something wrong (which she didn't)...blah....hhahahah i can't believe that i'm defending for the characters in the series....since they aren't real.....or ARE they.... ......

o....i have a quesiton for dreamless : You know the pictures you have for your signature? what series it it from? ....it looks interesting ^^..
Old 2004-06-23, 18:51   Link #70
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
I felt that this was a sappy/happy ending. Umm...no sir, I didn't like it. Oh well. so what was up w/ the eva like synopsis? Well...looks like Mari gets to have Takeru...Jennifer gets some of her questions answered, and there are 2 articles of clothing floating in space...time for the next obsession! I wonder what that will be????
Old 2004-06-23, 22:41   Link #71
Paiser

Agreed with Spiggy right after the first 4 episode I honestly thought Gainax would of done a sappy/happy ending. Yet again. Damn you Gainax
Old 2004-06-24, 00:06   Link #72
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Simplistic ending if you ask me

The confrontation against the extinction process turned out anticlimatic, I was hoping for a more apocalyptic atmosphere.

Spoiler:

Takeru&Hikari and Ryou&Akari overcomed and conquered all of their fears, but most importantly they realized that they'll always being cared and accompanied by everybody else.

Spoiler:

Overall, this was quite a C- anime because things did not wrapped up nicely during the climax, and the ending left me for a bit of more.

After I finished with episode 12, I stored it with the rest of the episodes, and then delete them altogether at the same time. I had no intention to burn all the series on CD, because could not achieved what I expected for.

Oh well, GAINAX will surely come with another hit. They are supposedly making on the works, the sequel to GUNBUSTER. Just wait to see.
Old 2004-06-24, 08:35   Link #73
purplesky
Infinite dreams

Send a message via MSN to purplesky
Unhappy

My god... the ending is really sad ..... leaving 2 girls flying at the space.. how lonely will it be ... and everyone keep going on their life.. like normal =\ what a bad ending.. although they try to make it look happier.. but i just really dun like the way it ends... i dun wan Hikari to leave Takeru... !!
Old 2004-06-24, 10:28   Link #74
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Yeah it made me a bit sad seeing their clothes floating in outtaspace, looking like they are holding hands ;_;

CoME BACK HIKARI!!!
Old 2004-06-24, 12:07   Link #75
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Stop talking about it... you're making me cry >_<
Old 2004-06-24, 22:56   Link #76
Paiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Takeru&Hikari and Ryou&Akari overcomed and conquered all of their fears, but most importantly they realized that they'll always being cared and accompanied by everybody else.

Spoiler:
The fact is Guido... The climax is CLEAR. The problem was and always was being "lonely." I am sure rest of us fuzzy wuzzy lovers know that Takeru was given a solution to his problem, Hikari. So the question to the damn bitches at Gainax. Why f*** up the whole main ideal for the damn story rising action??? If it was evil destroy anime i couldnt care less. It just itches me how they corrup their own story lines, and endings.

If you dont want to read all that up there
Why take the main characters happiness?
Old 2004-06-24, 23:20   Link #77
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser
The fact is Guido... The climax is CLEAR. The problem was and always was being "lonely." I am sure rest of us fuzzy wuzzy lovers know that Takeru was given a solution to his problem, Hikari. So the question to the damn bitches at Gainax. Why f*** up the whole main ideal for the damn story rising action??? If it was evil destroy anime i couldnt care less. It just itches me how they corrup their own story lines, and endings.

If you dont want to read all that up there
Why take the main characters happiness?
because Hikari is not a solution. The moral of the story is to face your inner darkness and not running away from reality, you need to solve your own problems, not that you can just depend on some beautiful girl falling out of the sky to be your angel to rid you of all your problems.
Old 2004-06-25, 02:19   Link #78
Timon
The Timon

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
and at least it looked pretty

and Hikari was just as messed up as Takeru.
Wellp, it was good seeing Gainax keep the fanservice going to the end, you can't say they didn't stick by their guns. Plus all the underlying basic ideas the show tries to convey are pretty interesting. I'm sure someone with enough time could create a very deep synopsis on the meaning of the show and how it conveyed it.

The only thing that could have been done better would have been if the budding relationship between the two sidekick girls, whos names I never caught, as hinted at in the beach ep, had been developed to the ultimate conclusion we all know it will eventually come to.
Old 2004-06-25, 03:53   Link #79
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

**Phases out ending...**

I only watched the series to see the rambling antics of the side characters. Amusingly, I have absolutely nooo thoughts at all about the ending. Series ended. No more ecchi. No more Kimi Ninomiya *sobs at last thought... Moves on to Episode 12 of Madlax to needlessly criticize Bee Train for copying Noir too much*
Old 2004-06-25, 08:48   Link #80
heavenly

Funny, that's it, I guess. Like the world depended on whether Gainax solves the question of evolution right. It's the antics. If someone could make me a gif of Kimi slapping baka niki Ryou's face with her little fists. Or how they have to hold Mari when she sees Takeru and Hikari about to kiss (ep 7). That, and loneliness. Hikari and Akari are just emanations of the two boys hearts, anyway. They can learn from it and dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon
The only thing that could have been done better would have been if the budding relationship between the two sidekick girls, whos names I never caught, as hinted at in the beach ep, had been developed to the ultimate conclusion we all know it will eventually come to.
Then there's Takeru and Ryou. In the first ep Ryou asks Takeru: Then, what kind of girl do you like? to which Takeru replies: What is this, all of a sudden? Ryou says: Me? and Takeru says: Baka! (in Animekeep translation).
What do you make of this?
Closed Thread