4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-17, 17:26   Link #21
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

And im sure it wont help matters much if they learn hes living with Saber AND Rin...
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 17:34   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Is that Sakura I see at the end of the preview

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-03-17 at 19:06.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 17:35   Link #23
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
And im sure it wont help matters much if they learn hes living with Saber AND Rin...
Not too mention he has Sakura cooking for him everyday

And that a cute loli calls him oniichan
Old 2006-03-17, 18:26   Link #24
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
Wow... Shirou is like a different person today.

He still can't seem to reinforce the lamps, but Rin finds out he's been up to some freaky stuff in the shed - ie turning some everyday objects into iron (it seems). Rin is shocked since it's not possible for a normal magician to do that - yet, Shirou wouldn't even know that "because he's an idiot"

Later, Shinji calls Shirou and tells him to come to school. And the life-force draining spell has been activated - the students are writing in pain. Shinji starts gloating to Shirou and "just happens to mention" how Taiga was surprisingly tough against the spell, and tried to get Shinji to call an ambulance - but Shinji kicked her, knocking her unconscious at least, but maybe she died on the spot.

Naturally, Shirou is royally pissed at this, and instead of the single glowing line from his "trace on" thing, we get two crackling lines. Shirou goes to beat some sense into Shinji and charges forwards, but Shinji does a magic attack. Shirou uses his training from Saber to dodge and moves to get Shinji when Rider appears - Shirou dodges the first attack. He can't dodge the next set properly and gets a bunch of wounds. Shinji orders Rider to kill Shirou already and she goes for a finishing blow but her weapon breaks on contact with Shirou (though he's still hurt). So she kicks him out the window - and they're high up.

Shirou summons Saber and she catches him. Shirou tells Saber to take care of Rider - he'll handle Shinji.

Saber holds off Rider without too much difficulty, though it's not one-sided. However, Shinji turns tail and runs pretty easily when threatened by Shirou. Another magic attack of his fails - this time, Shirou blocked it after turning part of a broom into iron. Shirou grabs Shinji by the throat and tells him to release the spell or else. But Shinji doesn't believe Shirou could kill him so refuses. But it seems Shirou has always been prepared to kill another magician (because of things his dad said) and Shinji in a panic orders Rider to release the spell. She gives an obvious look of distain but releases it.

Shirou isn't done yet though and orders Shinji to cast aside all his command mantra, but Shinji doesn't seem ready to go that far.

Rider then turbos past Saber to where Shinji and Shirou is. She then uses the magic energy gathered from the earlier spell to do an advanced attack and escape at the same time. Looks like Shirou's magic power runs out and he collapses.

Later, he wakes up at home with Rin beside him. Heheh, she acts rather cute when he thanks her for the trouble he's given her again.

He goes to talk to Saber in the dojo (she's still in her armour) and she's rather unhappy with him fighting alone etc. He apologies nicely, and Saber accepts that he's going to be better from now on... but actually, Shirou says he doesn't regret anything he's done before. He still can't stand to see her get hurt and couldn't stand to order her off to fight. Anyway, they will fight together and they shake hands. Then Rin comes in and acts curious about what they were up to. She also has a change of clothes for Saber (forcible summoning ruined her old ones or something). Rin comments that they're rather plain and asks why Saber likes that style so much. She says it's because Shirou said they look good on her

Next week: looks like a "conclusive" ariel battle in the city between Saber and Rider.

thanks for the summary it is most welcomed
it would be nice to have such quality summary for each episodes
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 18:57   Link #25
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Xellos, you might want to delete your game spoiler post.
Old 2006-03-17, 18:58   Link #26
BrokenWingz

Shirou is still an idiot for going to 'dual' on his own but thumbs up for actually summoning when he did.

Ep seemed action packed so 8-9 stars xD
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 19:32   Link #27
Mentar
Banned

Another very solid ep. Gets a fair 8 from me. Good pacing, some very cool and surprising animations and the hope that Shirou may have FINALLY understood that the Holy Grail War is actually no boy scout picnic.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 20:05   Link #28
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Nice ep! Now Shirou gets a +1 for teamwork, and +gazillion for beating the heck outta Shinji.
And it seems Shirou's been practicing away from Rin and Saber. Wonder if he's been getting some pointers...

Spoiler:

Now we get a glimpse of Saber and Shirou on a park bench at twilight. Tsukihime deja vu - does TYPE MOON like that time of day or something?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 20:21   Link #29
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
You don't go around destroying shit in a secret war in broad daylight.

But in any case, after having watched the raws,
Spoiler for confirmation:
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 20:25   Link #30
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

^ Dude... they should do N-Fields!
Ermm, yeah, I guess you're right. Enough anime about secret wars in alternate dimensions for me...
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 20:33   Link #31
DwArD
mAnIaC

Just watched the raw....gotta say its an interesting ep, even though there's still more dialogue than fighting scenes. I kinda like the part where Shirou summoned Saber for some reason. Anyway, its nice to see Shinji getting pwned by Shirou. I've been waiting for this ever since Shinji appeared in Fate. Furthermore, its not like we get to see an angry Shirou every week so its quite refreshing for a change.

Btw, the next ep looks a lil more interesting and I can't wait to see both Saber and Rider charge up their attacks. Damn....when do we get to see Shirou use his 'true' abilities. And can anyone tell me just what is Rin and Saber talking about when they found out Shirou's secret hideout?
Old 2006-03-17, 23:16   Link #32
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
If I had to rate it just on the raw and my limited understanding of the dialogue, I'd give it a 9. I'll wait for the subs before making a final judgement. Finally good to see Shirou holding his own and scaring the piss out of Shinji with how easily he was beating him.
Old 2006-03-18, 01:19   Link #33
dfens

Wow one of the best episodes yet. Man taking japanese is paying off I love being able to watch a raw and understanding most of it before the subs come out.

DwArD if I had a script I could translate it almost perfectly but going by what I listened to. Here is what they where saying:

Saber asks what Rin is doing in the shed/ Rin says I don't believe it what's going on, what has Shirou being doing/ then asks Saber if she was the one who made these: The items that where turned to metal from their former compisition.

Saber says no that she wasn't the one who used magic to do it/ Then Rin says something about this level of magic should be beyond what Shirou can do/ But he did it, when did learn how to?/ He did it using his own talent-ability I don't understand how.

The last part is hard for me to make out everything, something about being a true-better magician he should learn or practice on other things instead. Saber says Shirou should huh?/ Then Rin is worried about him getting hurt because of what he's doing and that he's an idiot.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 01:48   Link #34
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens
Wow one of the best episodes yet. Man taking japanese is paying off I love being able to watch a raw and understanding most of it before the subs come out.

DwArD if I had a script I could translate it almost perfectly but going by what I listened to. Here is what they where saying:

Saber asks what Rin is doing in the shed/ Rin says I don't believe it what's going on, what has Shirou being doing/ then asks Saber if she was the one who made these: The items that where turned to metal from their former compisition.

Saber says no that she wasn't the one who used magic to do it/ Then Rin says something about this level of magic should be beyond what Shirou can do/ But he did it, when did learn how to?/ He did it using his own talent-ability I don't understand how.

The last part is hard for me to make out everything, something about being a true-better magician he should learn or practice on other things instead. Saber says Shirou should huh?/ Then Rin is worried about him getting hurt because of what he's doing and that he's an idiot.
You're a little off, so I'll help you a bit:

Rin knew what Shirou did right off the bat, and when Saber entered and asked what she was doing, Rin asked if Saber noticed this before (referring to the items), to which Saber replied "No, I didn't. I am a knight, not a magician". And then Rin goes on by saying "That guy isn't a magician either" and then explaining the rules of equal trade in magic. Rin then finishes by saying Shirou doesn't realize what his true talents are ("his speciality is not in strengthening, rather, he came from a magician family bloodline that originally specialized in "these kind of things" to begin with). Just another forshadowing for Shirou's "true" ability.

====

That aside, I was really looking forward to the scene of Rider using her phantasm in the hallway, but left disappointed.

1. The "self-wounding" scene was totally butchered (well, the game only had one CG for it, so there's not much to butcher). In the game, it was like "WTF!? She just killed herself!" and Rider actually showed some painful reactions. Here in the anime, it's like "nobody seems surprised that Rider just stabbed herself in the neck", and Rider was like "nail goes... here *poke*".

2. She trashed the hallway, yet Saber and Shirou didn't get a single scratch from it, despite being in the middle of it (In the game, Shirou and Saber jumped into the nearest classroom and avoided the blast).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 02:09   Link #35
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

'eh, episode was good...Rider revealing her Noble Phantasm, and Shirou pwning Shinji was awsome and all...But I liked episode whatever it was, when Saber fought Assassin...Maybe it was because it was so much more flashy...And not so...Red in colour...
But still...
Shirou getting booted out of a window cuz Rider wouldn't hurt him with her...Are they...Daggers? One point.
Shirou actually using a command mantra...Even though it was only 'cuz he would've died had he not...No points.
Saber n Rider, actually fighting...Sorta...Unfortunately, it didn't end up all catfight-ish >_> One point.
Shinji getting his ass kicked by Shirou... Oh...My...God...Four points!!
Rider's Noble Phantasm! Two points!
I'll give this episode a eight, ftw!
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 03:53   Link #36
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Seeing Rider in that fight makes you wonder if her skirt isn't glued to her butt.
Quote:
Shirou getting booted out of a window cuz Rider wouldn't hurt him with her
She couldn't hurt him. Well, not deeply like she used to.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 04:22   Link #37
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

My bad...Spelling error - -;; I do that alot...

Actually...Watching her fight, makes me wonder...Is that skirt like...12 sizes too small or something? o_O ^^;
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 04:30   Link #38
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm....after seeing the ep a few more times, I'm starting to wondering why Rider's stake can't pierce through Shirou's neck. Some of you guys mentioned about Shirou activating his 'magic' when that happens right? But I'm wondering whether it has anything to do with the 'thing' that is inside Shirou's body?

Putting that aside, I'm actually looking forward to Rider's blood fort andromeda ever since I first saw it in Fatal Fake. And I'm still curious why Shirou and Saber seemed a unaffected by it?

Btw, Thanks for the explaination guys but I still have another doubt. Just what does Rin meant by equal trade in reference to Shirou's ability?
Old 2006-03-18, 09:46   Link #39
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y

2. She trashed the hallway, yet Saber and Shirou didn't get a single scratch from it, despite being in the middle of it (In the game, Shirou and Saber jumped into the nearest classroom and avoided the blast).
This is what happens when you rush an anime based off a game, especially if the game is a very long one like F/sn >.>

(I'll See you in the Higurashi anime thread once the anime starts :/ )

P.S. This episode gets 10 from me, because this is the 1st episode when we see some real shirouxsaber ownage as a master and a servant should do.
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 09:51   Link #40
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
That aside, I was really looking forward to the scene of Rider using her phantasm in the hallway, but left disappointed.

1. The "self-wounding" scene was totally butchered (well, the game only had one CG for it, so there's not much to butcher). In the game, it was like "WTF!? She just killed herself!" and Rider actually showed some painful reactions. Here in the anime, it's like "nobody seems surprised that Rider just stabbed herself in the neck", and Rider was like "nail goes... here *poke*".
They might enhance this scene yet for the DVD release yet. Notice that they skip some frames and the blood's brownish red.

Quote:
That can be easily explain by Saber's natural resistence to magical attacks and she using her body to protect Shirou.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote