AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-07-20, 17:05   Link #681
letsza

Hi,

I use Shinji's 0.82

i'm a little confused with this keyframes

i can't manage to get a effect like in this vid.

Hayate Chasse

(the chars. move to top and slowly fade out)

has someone a idea?

or a sample Project would be good

Thanks ^^"
letsza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 07:13   Link #682
desktopwind

Thank you, somehow got it to work. But how do I prevent the particles from flying far, i.e. making them invisible/gone once they pass the given territory.

Another one, how do I make the shape of the letters fly in to fit the syllables on the screen (or something like that)? Thanks in advance.
desktopwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 18:22   Link #683
Noct

Quote:
Originally Posted by desktopwind View Post
Thank you, somehow got it to work. But how do I prevent the particles from flying far, i.e. making them invisible/gone once they pass the given territory.
There are several ways to do that with Particular, but that's really basic stuff. I think you should play around with the settings and read a bit about Particular...
(Big Hint: Check out Velocity, Life [sec] and Opacity over Life)

Quote:
Another one, how do I make the shape of the letters fly in to fit the syllables on the screen (or something like that)? Thanks in advance.
This is also really simple (if i understand you correctly that is). If you want the shape of a letter you simply have to add a stroke to the layer and disable the fill. That way you only see the stroke but you have a text layer that you can fully animate.
Noct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 04:03   Link #684
desktopwind

Hi, I'm not sure whether you had understood me correctly, but I played around for some time to no avail (I still have very few knowledge of the way pichu's script works, even AFX too).

The effects that I meant are like the one in the opening song at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkUBFwFZkw4 (starting around the middle part of the opening song, letters flying). If you can guide me on how to do that, it would be very nice. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Old 2009-07-23, 22:23   Link #685
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
Hi, I'm not sure whether you had understood me correctly, but I played around for some time to no avail (I still have very few knowledge of the way pichu's script works, even AFX too).

The effects that I meant are like the one in the opening song at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkUBFwFZkw4 (starting around the middle part of the opening song, letters flying). If you can guide me on how to do that, it would be very nice. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Interesting, I was actually experimenting with an effect thats very similar to that one not too long ago. While the effect is possible with AFX (that karaoke was done with .ass) pichus script cannot do it, it requires multiple range selectors on the same text animator, and pichus script only changes the first range selector. I have not tried it with 0.56 and above but I don't think support for that was added so it probably doesn't matter.

The reason that it requires multiple range selectors in the same animator is because when you want all of the characters to rotate and move independantly of each other you have to use a non square shape (like ramp up/down) and enable the randomize order feature which makes the range selector effect random characters as you drag it from 0% to 100%. In turn this makes it impossible to use the same range selector to effect certain characters(ie a syllable) at the right time. The way around this is a range selector with an opposite mode than the previous. Then that range selector can be used to put the characters in the right place at the right time.

That whole explanation probably makes no sense to a lot of people in here but yea. If anyone wants to look at the aep I made when I was experimenting its linked below. scrubbing though the comp will show what I intended to make. If the explanation didn't make sense to you you can try and experiment on it as well and see if you get it, who knows maybe you'll fix it :O

http://kyou-wa.koharubi.de/crash/Kar...ndant-Test.aep

Last edited by crash-kun; 2009-07-23 at 22:36.
crash-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 10:10   Link #686
desktopwind

Thank you for posting that, will play around with it.
Old 2009-08-04, 05:00   Link #687
_Anakyn_
poopoo

This is the closest I've got to that kind of effect, and of course it's not about a random rotation but a random start of the final transition of the sentence. This can be easily made with an animator, you just randomize it and syllables/letters start to fly away in a random way. Hope this brings some light to the matter

http://www.4shared.com/file/10444824..._Paradiso.html
_Anakyn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 02:32   Link #688
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Yes randomized transitions are simple, really having the syllables come together from randomness is simple too. It's getting the script to do it for you that isn't possible at this time.

On a side note, with a small amount of manual fine tuning, the effect can be done with pichu's script. Not like thats a shocker but for some reason I didn't think about it till after I wrote that post above. If you switch the order of the "rand" and "fix" range selectors on the randomized animators, generate the karaoke, and then move "rand" back to the top, the karaoke works as planed, only problem is that the farther you go through the timeline the worse the fixing gets (as far as rotation, it gets bad) but this can be fixed by changing when the rotations start for each line. Then the problem becomes that the syllables at the end of the line have to rotate more to fix than the ones at the start, I got nothin' for this part.

But at the same time, it doesn't matter since it's just an example :P
Old 2009-08-06, 23:42   Link #689
Orochi^
未来

Hey, everyone. *disturbing peace again*

Until now, I've been doing my AFX karaokes with Paul's script. But I'm feeling a little limited with it now, since it makes a single layer for each syllable. I mean I can't do several overlays, because it makes the project awfully heavy to work with. Then I'm trying to switch over pichu's script. But I'm having a little problem, and I can't figure what I'm doing wrong. I'm following precisely crash-kun's video tutorials (thank you A LOT for these, crash!), but I'm facing the following: When I do the template layer to work "Based on: Characters", it works properly, adding the filling effect (just starting with the most basic) in the right syllable times. But how that makes the karaoke hard to follow, I want it to work "Based on: Words", to make the syllable change it's colour at once. But when I choose that option, it doesn't work. It just applies the filling to the whole word (not only into the syllable) and with the whole phrase time divided by the number of words, leaving each word with the same effect timing. After lots of retries and no success, I decided to ask for your help, guys. I'm using pichu's version 0.55. The .aep can be found over here.

Thank you!
Orochi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 17:05   Link #690
Orochi^
未来

Anyone? '.'
Old 2009-08-09, 20:13   Link #691
Noct

You have to change Text -> More Options -> Anchor Point Grouping to Word instead of Character.
Noct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 18:15   Link #692
Orochi^
未来

I just feel incredibly stupid now. Thank you for the help, Noct :}
Old 2009-08-10, 20:09   Link #693
powersuteki
Noob AFX

mmm... I am occupying the Pichu script but on having generated the karaoke, me the following error appears:
it is not possible to execute the script in the line 1725. the object is not valid
What can be?
powersuteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 22:45   Link #694
phantom_2040

Hey _Anakyn_, is there any chance that you can tell me, how you did the effects of this karaokes:

The fireworks
http://www.4shared.com/file/28445415...hippuuden.html

I thinks this 2 karaokes have the same method, to move the object?
http://www.4shared.com/file/28439857...One_Piece.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/46478316...eal_Drive.html

Thanks in advance
phantom_2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 05:04   Link #695
_Anakyn_
poopoo

Easy, phantom. That fireworks effect was simply a solid with a preset from Trapcode Particular. By then I was masochistic, so I precomp'd the solid and pasted the little comp in front of every single syllable.

The bouncin' effect is manual. I'm sure there are better, faster, easier, and more automatic ways to do that, but right now I don't know them. What I did was setting a position keyframe right when the syllable starts below that syllable. Then, when finished, go back to the beginning and find a middle point between keyframes. E.g.: ta-ta-ka-u. You got a keyframe from ta and another one from the other ta. Then you move the timeline to a middle point and set another keyframe increasing Y position value. That way you get your object moving. If you play with keyframes you can make a smoother movement instead of simple peaks like this
_Anakyn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 12:02   Link #696
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Both moving particular and bouncing a ball can be automated with pichus script. It's rather simple too. You can even automate the particles/sec but that can require some hand tuning since fixed timing is broken atm.
Old 2009-08-13, 18:24   Link #697
K!R4
Freelance

I know this might be semi-irrelevant to the this thread, but ill post it anyway since this thread is about AFX. If anyone has not been to this site yet, http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/, now you can check it out. It contains tutorials about AFX, and It also contains the components and mechanics on how to create effects on text and trapcode effects, motion tracking, expression and much more. You must check this out if you really into AFX kara. Some tutorials might be useful for those who are into AFX typesetting since it also describe keying that is usually use by AFX TSr.

Good luck learning AFX from the site and applyin what you learn on pichu's script and *own* script or on your typesettings.

Check all tuturials and this one http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/ for new AFX user.

Last edited by K!R4; 2009-08-13 at 18:43.
K!R4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 15:59   Link #698
jmaeshawn

Hi, I have a question regarding particular in pichu's script.

I couldn't figure out how to get the particles to emit from the center of the syllable, and instead have the emitter follow the path of the object that bounces along the syllable. However, the problem is that they are constantly being emitted in one long continuous stream like this that also continues to follow my "ball" offscreen:

What I am trying to do is have a small amount appear at the syllable's center, float down and disappear, and have that repeat for each syllable.

Something like in this karaoke from Hayate:

or this one from Miname-ke:

I'm hoping someone can give an easy explanation or tutorial on how to do this.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jmaeshawn; 2009-08-28 at 17:49.
jmaeshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 17:31   Link #699
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

that hayate karaoke is actually done in .ass
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 09:13   Link #700
n00b_

Hi guys, i have a problem with pichu's script.
The particular doesn't move at the right time
someone can correct the KRK code in my project ?
n00b_ is offline   Reply With Quote