AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 25 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 18.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-09, 19:20   Link #121
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm scared Vita will die.
Old 2007-09-09, 19:26   Link #122
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
It'd be INTERESTING if she died. For once, it would be UNEXPECTED. To satisfy fans, they should have Vita die a good death. No complaints.

They should let Cradle get to its destination and have it bombard cities and cause complete massacre before ending the series. THAT would be satisfying. And toss out Vita's corpse onto a civilian...

But, hey!, that's too VIOLENT.

Oh, crap. I'm in a bad mood. *huuuuu* *goes to calm down*...

Only two more, only two more...
Old 2007-09-09, 19:32   Link #123
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Nah, it's not that kind of series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But, hey!, that's too VIOLENT.
What did you expect from MGLN?
And IMHO, those last few episodes were the most violent of all the MGLN seasons.

Quote:
You know, if you don't like it, you can give up on the series. Noone forces you to watch.
Old 2007-09-09, 19:36   Link #124
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

The Insert Song and Beatdown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Vey1a5vLU

Other caps
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=322

The endgame here seems rather strange to me. Though I like how they got there. I still want the damn Einherjar out and about already, though at this point, I'm thinking that it's just going to be a world destroying cannon or something like the Arc en Ciel was for the past two seasons.
Old 2007-09-09, 19:39   Link #125
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Currently Caro is holding Lutecia in her arms as she and Erio flee from seemingly berserk summons on Friedrich.
I give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Note that their prototype, Subaru, can grow up, eat, sweat, bleed, get tired...
Apparently she just have artificial muscles and bones. And if she has a normal (but huge) stomach, I suppose she has a normal uterus too.
(Not sure Subaru's uterus will be very useful, though, but I digress.)
Maybe it's a Uterus with a mechanical-

OH GOD! I just gave myself the creepiest mental image ever

Quote:
It'd be INTERESTING if she died. For once, it would be UNEXPECTED. To satisfy fans, they should have Vita die a good death. No complaints.
You know, the fact that you had expected it already, means that it's not so unexpected when it does happen.

Quote:
Can't say I don't know what you're feeling...

Quote:
You know, if you don't like it, you can give up on the series. Noone forces you to watch.
Isn't it a litte too late for that ? Two more, only two more...
Old 2007-09-09, 19:49   Link #126
Key Board
Carbon

Did anyone else scream out "ANCIENT EGYPTIAN LAZERS!!!" when Jiraioh and Freed shot at each other?
Old 2007-09-09, 19:53   Link #127
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Can't say I don't know what you're feeling...

Isn't it a litte too late for that ? Two more, only two more...
You know, with everyone being overall pleased, or at least apeased with this episode, having a couple of pessimists is almost... refreshing.

Me? I'm also going 'only two more' but with a sad face instead.
Old 2007-09-09, 19:55   Link #128
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Maybe it's a Uterus with a mechanical-

OH GOD! I just gave myself the creepiest mental image ever
Well, Chrono/Genya did mention things like artificial organs and stuff... so it's not necessarily mechanical.

However, it does make one wonder what kind of womb the Numbers have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Did anyone else scream out "ANCIENT EGYPTIAN LAZERS!!!" when Jiraioh and Freed shot at each other?
I was going all YU-GI-OH!!!!!!

Quote:
You know, with everyone being overall pleased, or at least apeased with this episode, having a couple of pessimists is almost... refreshing.

Well, for Jail fans, I suppose this ending is the best way for him to end... so long as he doesn't turn retarded by the end of the series, or has his seeds removed from the Numbers...somehow. It's not bad, but the overall presence feels cramped, since they're playing this trump-card uberness thing a little too quickly.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-09, 19:59   Link #129
Key Board
Carbon

probably something to sustain a fetus in cold sleep
Old 2007-09-09, 20:04   Link #130
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah it's just too bad that the series (though not unexpected) broke Chaos's vibrant plot for the Caro/Erio/Lutecia battle. Yes it did involve a building collapsing, but instead of that little bit in the fanfic section we got Erio finishing off Garyuu. But yeah time to abandon all hope there. Any Erio and Lutecia interactions are just done. Even if she regains consciousness sometime soon it will be for a CaroxLutecia moment.

Oh well time to watch the Fate ownage again which was a highlight for the entire series to be sure. That was some great stuff right there.

Killing Vita in any possible way will not give the series a positive score. Sure a heroic death can be something, but if they aren't willing to have Jail stabbed through the gut no killing of Vita.

Oh and with only 2 episodes left where the heck is Chrono? Even Vice managed to make it out of rehab to help out here. It'd be a real tragedy to regulate Chrono to the cavalry that shows up after everything is settled.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-09-09 at 20:31.
Old 2007-09-09, 20:06   Link #131
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I go through so many episodes and get to the "climax", then quit? That's dumb. Besides, I hate quitting in the middle of a series, unless I absolutely can't stand it.

Quote:
with everyone being overall pleased, or at least apeased with this episode
The thing is, it seems that most are pleased because they got to see Fate in that outfit or because Vice shot someone.

I think Fate's too old for that outfit, and Vice's recovery bugs me.
Old 2007-09-09, 20:32   Link #132
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm 'Meh' over Fate and Vice. I'm 'Argh' over Caro/Erio/Lutecia. And I'm 'Oh come on!?' over Jail, Duo, Uno and all the defeat numbers...

Sigh, such a waste of a good song...

But Jail does surprise me one last time

But if you want pessimists, wait till the military-boys come in.

Quote:
I'm going 'Only two more!' with the face of a vulture circling around a wounded calf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, Chrono/Genya did mention things like artificial organs and stuff... so it's not necessarily mechanical.

However, it does make one wonder what kind of womb the Numbers have.
A Guilty-Gear friend of mine had asked the question on how Justice (A machine) gave birth to Dizzy...

My answer?

*Microwave 'Ding'!*

"It's ready!"

Quote:
I think Fate's too old for that outfit, and Vice's recovery bugs me.
I raised a brow over that uber buff, and I rolled both eyes over how easy it was after that.

And I sighed at Erio/Caro fight.
Old 2007-09-09, 20:36   Link #133
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Liking that Black dragon of carol's plus Fate's sonic form. Though I would have liked Jail to put up of a fight against Fate instead of getting owned. Like he did which sucked to me, as for the next eppy I have a feeling Nanoha's gonna pull a Fate and into a new form.
Old 2007-09-09, 20:41   Link #134
ryllharu

To those asking about Cinque's present whereabouts:

She was out of the fight from the beginning. She was still in the base, stuffed in a tube, recovering from severe frame damage.

Recall that Subaru pelted her with Panzer Kunst Hertza Haeons (what Subaru's IS Vibration Shatter really is), that nearly killed her back in episode 17-18. She was guarding, but Subaru pelted her with at least two full force shots that broke Cinque's guard both times.

Even guarded, a full force Vibration Shatter will nearly kill a combat cyborg.
Old 2007-09-09, 20:53   Link #135
arkhangelsk

Quote:
But if you want pessimists, wait till the military-boys come in.
But the bad tactics are already all done. All that is left is for 7Arcs to spit on sound military logic like they spit on Hayate and most of the characters in their NxF drive (and to be fair, like a lot of anime) and force the win for our protagonists. There's no need for us to hash it out anymore...
Old 2007-09-09, 20:53   Link #136
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Hey, the overall mood over the past 6-7 episode threads has been a whining party, so we needed at least one of this to balance things out

As for me? Meh, it required me to turn off my brain capabilities a little in order to enjoy the episode, and to stomach THEPOWEROFFRIENSHIP(tm). After that it wasn't that bad of an episode, and at least Tre was able to put up a little fight so it wasn't that bad. Erio/Caro lackluster fight was quite dull, but nobody cares for them so bleh, the less whining/flawed befriending the better. Spaghetti remained as a nice depicable villian to the end, so that is a plus.

Overall Nanoha continues to be the comedy that I've growed to love. It has been so long since a seires managed to give so many laughs, which is nice for me who hates conventional comedy series like Midori no Hibi, Excel Saga and the such
Old 2007-09-09, 20:57   Link #137
Nvis

Too bad for Sein, going against Schach who has a similar ability. No more cheap-ass escapes from her.

Don't know why, but Uno x Acous seems like they would make a good pair (poor Hayate).
Old 2007-09-09, 21:05   Link #138
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post

She was out of the fight from the beginning. She was still in the base, stuffed in a tube, recovering from severe frame damage.

Recall that Subaru pelted her with Panzer Kunst Hertza Haeons (what Subaru's IS Vibration Shatter really is), that nearly killed her back in episode 17-18. She was guarding, but Subaru pelted her with at least two full force shots that broke Cinque's guard both times.

True, she was severely injured, but that was one week ago.

Chances are she's still afloat inside recovering, but until we see her actual self recovering, we're playing by hindsight and assume she might be somewhere out there, even if not fully combat-able atm.

Besides, Jail's 12-Numbers insurance only works if at least one Number stays clear from danger.

... Unless Ginga too...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-09, 21:17   Link #139
Nvis

I have a feeling Cinque is probably the "escape-goat" or the last cyborg to defend Jail(surprise attack on Fate???!!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Oh and with only 2 episodes left where the heck is Chrono? Even Vice managed to make it out of rehab to help out here. It'd be a real tragedy to regulate Chrono to the cavalry that shows up after everything is settled.
And I don't get what Chrono is doing. He has all these captains/admirals commanding the inter-dimensional fleet, he can at least arrive on the battlefield himself and help out. I'm guessing he's probably at least a "S"-class mage.
Old 2007-09-09, 21:19   Link #140
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post

Jail's a genius. It shouldn't be so hard to restore her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
... Unless Ginga too...
That reminds me:

Spoiler for Episode 24:
Closed Thread