AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-03-30, 00:23   Link #41
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
xD No I think I agree with you in thinking no-one is going to sing that song :P

The song I'm going to sing is the song I won the last Talent Scouting at my school with xD and I should really pick up practising the lyrics again... fast lyrics... real fast...

One of the judges, who commented on me, just talked Japanese... O.o
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 11:14   Link #42
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Well....

You don't have to be a forum goer or irc goer right?

Cause my daughter belted out the high note in Lilium yesterday and scared the crap out of me...

She'll probably be entering...

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 12:20   Link #43
Laethiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Well....

You don't have to be a forum goer or irc goer right?

Cause my daughter belted out the high note in Lilium yesterday and scared the crap out of me...

She'll probably be entering...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822 View Post
You don't have to be a forum member to participate; any one can as long as they follow the rules.
Yep, anybody can join in; which is great, since I barely count as a forumgoer myself, only showing up to talk in the KaraCom threads. Plus my brother and some friends will be entering this time (provided I keep pestering them to actually get their recordings done).

I'm looking forward to hearing your daughter's entry, cheyanne; and yours, too!

Best of luck to everyone who's going to enter; may you be free from voice-affecting sickness and may your vocal cords cooperate. (Especially now, with the air starting to be all pollen-y.)

~Adonic Meki
Laethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 14:23   Link #44
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post

Best of luck to everyone who's going to enter; may you be free from voice-affecting sickness and may your vocal cords cooperate. (Especially now, with the air starting to be all pollen-y.)

~Adonic Meki
Yeah, let's not discuss how often I'm using the albuterol inhaler lately LOL

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 03:03   Link #45
Cz
Needs more sleep~

How I wish the DKC was coming up sooner. I believe I have the perfect duet recording (just need someone as good to record the other half )... I wonder if the potential partners I approached months ago after the last DKC are still interested. PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!

As for this solo karacomp.... hmm...
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 19:49   Link #46
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

yipe... i'm torn between two songs... again... ^^;; oops... i should have just stuck to the first one...

the good news is, i don't expect either of them to be chosen by anyone other than me...
Old 2007-04-06, 01:19   Link #47
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
my daughter belted out the high note in Lilium yesterday and scared the crap out of me...
Awww! How cute! She takes after her mommy.

I have another question for everyone: Does anyone know a good way to make it so "P" sounds while recording aren't so harsh? I'm recording a song that has a few harsh p sounds in it and it always pops. I can't get it to stop. >_< It's annoying because I'll just be listening and it sounds ok and then it's just like *PPPPPFUZZCRAP*...or something. I keep re-recording trying to fix it and it's the same every time.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 02:53   Link #48
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
Try to take some distance from the mic and, at the same time, turn the mic input somewhat higher. Then you have the same volume recorded, but your breath, while pronouncing P, does not reach the mic.

At least, that's what I do

Hope that helps.
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 04:25   Link #49
GipFace

I have another question for everyone: Does anyone know a good way to make it so "P" sounds while recording aren't so harsh?

A pop filter is exactly what you need!

A link for a do-it-yourself pop filter is here, but you can go one step cheaper than that ($2) by simply covering a coat hanger with pantyhose and suspending it from the ceiling with string and duct tape. Works for me, at least.

Last edited by GipFace; 2007-04-06 at 05:29.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 21:15   Link #50
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

@llama, if your mic is not too unidirectional, try overhead recording. This assumes the mic is situated above your mouth somewhere in front of you (at an angle, so that it points to your mouth). The air pressure of the P's will pass unnoticed below the mic's membrane (my P's and S's are too hard too... while said technique works well for P's it will not really help with S's).
Old 2007-04-07, 00:34   Link #51
The_Pale_Lady

Send a message via AIM to The_Pale_Lady
Quote:
Well, I'm not going to dissect every single entry that comes in just to see if they sang it in one take. Guess I'll have to trust people and their little voices to keep that in check. Besides, singing it that way is more fun anyway and is certainly different from the other competitions, that's for sure. And like I said before, I'm not interested in those "perfect" songs that anyone can make with some copy paste (and some clicking). If those type of singers happen to exist, that's all good. If they don't, no big deal. Just have fun.
And now, back to our regular programming.
Just curious, but I turn off my mic during interludes in the music so as not to pic up too much background or me drinking water or something does that count as not being in one take?
The_Pale_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 18:55   Link #52
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
That's okay. I almost never do it since the whole process does get picked up by the mic (when I turn it off and when I turn it back on), but if your mic doesn't do that, go ahead.

PS: That's a cute avatar!
Old 2007-04-11, 08:19   Link #53
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
Quote:
-NO EFFECTS OF ANY KIND. Meaning, no echo, double-voice, harmonies, pitch-tweaking, no special effects of any kind. Unless there are two melody lines (or the melody is more like a harmony), don't even try it. In fact, ask me first before trying.
-This time, I will allow songs that are not in their original pitch. Just let me know to what key it was changed to when you submit your entry.
Am I correct in understanding that you are supposed to simply ignore parts of the song where 2 lines overlap? Or are you allowed to mix in more than 1 recording to facilitate karaoke of all the lyrics?

pitch? key?

Is this contest as serious as it seems to be? I was kinda hoping it'd just be a fun way of hearing eachother FAIL at singing. My entrance in this could have only one consequence: Being charged with crimes against humanity.

Seriously though, can I hear examples of previous editions of this? None of the torrents seem to be seeded. Wanna hear just what sort of quality ppl produce before making too much of an ass out of myself. ;-)

It would be so much fun to do Princess Bride by KOTOKO btw, lol. =P

( About half of the song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8P32zKf1qHk )

Wonder if there's a karaoke version of it though, one would have to be slightly insane to sing along with this. Especially since its lyrics do not exactly obscure the fact that the song was made for an H-Game
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 09:01   Link #54
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
Am I correct in understanding that you are supposed to simply ignore parts of the song where 2 lines overlap? Or are you allowed to mix in more than 1 recording to facilitate karaoke of all the lyrics?

pitch? key?

Is this contest as serious as it seems to be? I was kinda hoping it'd just be a fun way of hearing eachother FAIL at singing. My entrance in this could have only one consequence: Being charged with crimes against humanity.
For the sake of making performances comparable (like e.g. in the Sing Star game), one has to set certain rules

Quote:
Seriously though, can I hear examples of previous editions of this? None of the torrents seem to be seeded. Wanna hear just what sort of quality ppl produce before making too much of an ass out of myself. ;-)
You can add the torrent to your BT client, I think Schadowfox has a script that detects clients after a while, and will seed it then.

Quote:

Wonder if there's a karaoke version of it though, one would have to be slightly insane to sing along with this. Especially since its lyrics do not exactly obscure the fact that the song was made for an H-Game
I don't know about a karaoke/instrumental version of this song, but you can still sing it over the original voice (your voice just have to be louder) - but you'ld need a fast tongue for that one
Old 2007-04-11, 09:24   Link #55
Shiemi
Counting days

I was finishing recording my song when all of a sudden my two year old came and spoke loudly next to me. I listened to the song and there is indeed a baby voice at the end. But I really don't feel like trying it again since the song strains my voice and my throat is not faring too good today. Still, I'm not sure if I'll submit the song like that. Maybe if I don't find any more inspirational moments to do it again?
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 09:45   Link #56
Fome

Nothing wrong with baby voices. As long as it didn't cover your singing.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 14:13   Link #57
GipFace

~

the song was made for an H-Game

There is nothing wrong with eroge songs. I did one last time, and I think I'll do one this time as well. Break the stereotype!

EDIT: According to this, there is a karaoke version of Princess Bride on the "arranged album". Good luck hunting!

Last edited by GipFace; 2007-04-12 at 00:28. Reason: Added info about Princess Bride
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 19:03   Link #58
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Quote:

pitch? key?

There are people who sing it for fun, and some who take it really, really seriously. So it doesn't matter which stance you take.
Besides, a certain someone will try to up you on the "crimes against humanity" category.

Which reminds me... I just heard one of the entries... Which means, time to start sending in your entries!
Old 2007-04-11, 22:09   Link #59
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
My entry is going to be sent in last minute! I have a recording, but it's crummy... and I won't get home to try to record anything different until the 20th, so... ^^;
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 03:22   Link #60
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Hum.... for some reason I haven't had the time/mood to sing a good enough/perfect entry yet, but some earlier "drafts" are good enough I guess (though some people may have heard them already ^^ ;; ). I really hope to hear the entries from Chibi Nasu and Shiemi.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition