Notices

Old 2005-12-24, 13:53   Link #101
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by AvatarST; 2005-12-24 at 14:04.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 14:16   Link #102
Omniscient

Final Episode Screencaps

Spoiler:
Quote:
And, Omni, as for the spoiler, all I can say is...
Spoiler:
I don't understand why you're directing that comment at me...
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 14:22   Link #103
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
I don't understand why you're directing that comment at me...
Final Edit: Because I'm an idiot. Sorry everyone... I just woke up...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2005-12-24 at 14:37.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:11   Link #104
hi no ken Jebus

Ahhhhh this was eh

Spoiler for ep 26 final:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:38   Link #105
nite0

Ending wasn't bad but it definitely could have been done in even less than 13 episodes, never mind 26.
nite0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:48   Link #106
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

They dragged it out way too much.

Could have and should have been done in 13 eps.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:10   Link #107
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

From relentlessflame:

Quote:
There is a way to be happy even if your romantic dreams can't come true
If this is the basis what you think that is the message of this season, then i am a bit confussed?
Doesn't this apply to every harem serie where the losing girls have to move on and get further with their lives. Just like in shuffle, where my girl (Nerine) has moved on with her live.

Did kotori really move on, all i could see from the screenshot is that she was with her friends, it's just like last season.

And every girl moved on in season1, why make a second season where we only get to see kotori suffer and not the other girls. For instance tamaki, she would have been a perfect person, because of her story, for more drama.

It's like having a second season of KGNE and seeing haruka suffer again and lose again. I think the producers would have to go underground if they did that.

I have some other points that i think that are bad, but the serie is over and i will leave it at that.

Ps. I will now on 23 dec 2005 predict the winner of da capo II the anime!!

I read somewhere that one of the girls said "i hope my brother doesn't think of me that way" (or something like that). It looks like the nemu gene doesn't fall far from the tree.
So she will win, so 50 years later we will have a rerun of da capo I
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:15   Link #108
◕‿‿◕

Eh, Otome and Yume's personalities don't seem to be anything like Nemu's.

Anyway I'll comment on the episode when I actually watch it later, but I can say that DCSS was a good show, even if I didn't -really- enjoy it.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:21   Link #109
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Now I bet some of you are wondering what I have to say....most notably you jebus, by the way welcome back jebus, thought the forum downtime made you lax here

Spoiler for episode26:

Next ep preview...no wait, there isn't any more lol....oh, oh I get it....Sakura is supposed to return for season 3, this time fulfill her boing boing promise

Aw come on, it doesn't have to be a series, just a 3 part OAV

Now excuse me, I have a date with Nanoha
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:59   Link #110
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
If this is the basis what you think that is the message of this season, then i am a bit confussed?
Of course you're a bit confused, because you cut off the most important half of the sentence... Context is everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
There is a way to be happy even if your romantic dreams can't come true, but wishing things would change or begrudging your fate isn't the answer.
This anime was about the second half of that sentence, not the first. The first can only happen if the second doesn't, which is exactly why the other girls couldn't move on until now.

Edit: As for the "this could have been done in 13 episodes" argument, I'll vote no, but I don't think I'm going to try to explain why I think that here. Or more like, I think I've already explained it too many times already. If you sum up the whole show by the final episode's credits, then I really believe you've missed the point of the show completely. But oh well...
Old 2005-12-24, 17:01   Link #111
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
There is a way to be happy even if your romantic dreams can't come true
There is? Well, maybe if you never fall in love, but what are the odds of that?

From DCII we can tell that at least for a few girls they did come true though, after all.
Old 2005-12-24, 17:13   Link #112
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
There is? Well, maybe if you never fall in love, but what are the odds of that?
Oh come now. In real life, you get over your lost chances and find new ways to be happy, but you can't do that so long as you stay stuck tied to the past, which is exactly what Aisia was doing. I mean, the alternative is being stuck in the past and being depressed all your life, but thankfully that's not the way it is for most people. There is a way to be happy, and that's moving on and finding new happiness. At least, in my opinion... but then again, I'm an optimist. And again, before I get misquoted again, this was the implied message of the show, but not what the plot itself demonstrated directly.
Old 2005-12-24, 17:15   Link #113
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

But not for kotori it seems, i read somewhere that there is no granddaughter of kotori in da capo II. only a adopted one.

Would like to know what happend to kotori?
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 17:20   Link #114
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
But not for kotori it seems, i read somewhere that there is no granddaughter of kotori in da capo II. only a adopted one.

Would like to know what happend to kotori?
Save something for the sequel!

In all seriousness, I do expect that D.C. II will have to fill in some of the "gaps" - even though they're jumping to the grandchildrens' generation, obviously the connection will still be there. Other ways this could be filled in would be through the S.G. manga and novel/manga side-stories. I assume there will have to be some sort of a "canon" answer for what happened to all of the girls post-D.C.S.S., because you can't really write a show set in the future (featuring the descendants) without it.
Old 2005-12-24, 17:31   Link #115
nite0

Has a D.C. II anime even been confirmed?
nite0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 17:36   Link #116
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Oh come now. In real life, you get over your lost chances and find new ways to be happy, but you can't do that so long as you stay stuck tied to the past, which is exactly what Aisia was doing. I mean, the alternative is being stuck in the past and being depressed all your life, but thankfully that's not the way it is for most people. There is a way to be happy, and that's moving on and finding new happiness. At least, in my opinion... but then again, I'm an optimist. And again, before I get misquoted again, this was the implied message of the show, but not what the plot itself demonstrated directly.
I agree. What I'm saying is that I don't think it's possible to be truly happy forever without love. Of course you can get over someone you loved in the past and find the right person in someone else, but not ever being loved and being happy...well, I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's certainly hard.
Old 2005-12-24, 17:44   Link #117
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
I agree. What I'm saying is that I don't think it's possible to be truly happy forever without love. Of course you can get over someone you loved in the past and find the right person in someone else, but not ever being loved and being happy...well, I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's certainly hard.
Ah. Well, that is very true. Perhaps putting "dreams" in plural might have implied that I was saying "You can still be happy, even if your entire life is a romantic failure", and yeah... that'd be sort of tough. That being said, I don't think they're trying to imply that in this show either, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite0
Has a D.C. II anime even been confirmed?
Not yet (as far as I know), but it's all but assured. The game is coming out in a few months, so it's just a matter of time for the anime, if you ask me. Perhaps 2007?
Old 2005-12-24, 17:48   Link #118
◕‿‿◕

I know, I just wanted to clear up that misunderstanding. Blame it on me though, not you - remember that my English sucks. And yeah, I agree that they're not trying to imply that. Especially because of DCII and how the girls left descendence, and because the NemuxJyunichi couple solidified early enough.

I've already watched the final episode and it was good, appropiate closure for DCSS. I'll do an overall analysis later...when I feel like writing. I'm kinda lazy now. But yeah, this turned out to be a good show after all. I didn't like some things about it, and I'd have liked it if some things had been done differently, but like I said before, that's more my opinion rather than the actual quality of DCSS, which I think, is very good.

EDIT: Nope, DCII hasn't been announced, but the DC franchise is pretty damn big and I'd expect it to be animated eventually too, especially if DCII is successful (which most definitely it'll be, because it'll probably be a good game and it has a good reputation from the earlier ones)
Old 2005-12-24, 22:00   Link #119
Counter Arts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Arts
Also, for those who know about the MBTI... I'm not exactly sure of Kotori's type though I kinda have a good guess.
If I were to guess, I'd probably say ISFP or INFP - I sort of border between the two myself, though leaning towards N. Good post, once again.
Yeah... I'm guessing INFP too. Lotsa INFPs have problems with relationships. I can probably deduce a lot of things just saying she's INFP.

And for some reason I feel that I might not like the Shirikawa girl in DC II.

An interesting guess for DC II. We are just in the grandchildren's generation. We learn of what happened of each of them as we go through their grandchildren's story.
Counter Arts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 23:05   Link #120
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Arts
Yeah... I'm guessing INFP too. Lotsa INFPs have problems with relationships. I can probably deduce a lot of things just saying she's INFP.
Heh... yeah, I should know. In my case, the girl's long-since married, and I truly have gotten over it... But, it took a while. And, I never stood a chance, just like Kotori, no matter how much I wanted it to be. So when I say that I could identify with what Kotori was going through, I wasn't joking. (The kicker, though, is that I was asked to film the wedding and produce the wedding video. That was a bit of a test... or something... ) And yet, I still was happy for the ending we got in D.C.S.S., because love deserves to triumph - INFPs will always be idealists, even if it hurts them (or characters they could see as proxies)...

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen