AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-07-15, 02:28   Link #1221
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Orb is no small fry. The forces that escaped to space did cause havoc at Jachin Due. As a combatant, ZAFT commanders would have demanded that Orb be bound by the treaty.
Old 2009-07-15, 03:10   Link #1222
Aquaman OS

Freedom wasn't an official Orb MS though. And it was never used for the Orb military in GSD. If anything it was Kira's private ride since it was only used when he specifically chose to use it. It wasn't under anybody's command. Well maybe Cagalli but she was asking more as a favor than giving Kira orders.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 03:22   Link #1223
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Orb is no small fry. The forces that escaped to space did cause havoc at Jachin Due. As a combatant, ZAFT commanders would have demanded that Orb be bound by the treaty.
Would have, but did they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamOfficial
The peace treaty that officially ends the first war between Earth and the PLANTs. The Junius Treaty is negotiated at the Nairobi Peace Conference and signed on March 10, C.E. 72, at the ruins of Junius Seven. In addition to restoring all national boundaries to their pre-war state, thus restoring the sovereignty of the United States of South America and other nations that had been invaded or conquered during the war, the treaty places several restrictions on the military forces of both sides.

The Junius Treaty prohibits the use of N-Jammer Cancelers in mobile suits and military weapons, and all use of Mirage Colloid is banned outright. As a result, both sides are prohibited from developing or deploying mobile suits equipped with nuclear engines or Mirage Colloid stealth systems. The treaty also places strict limits on the number of ships, mobile suits, and mobile armors that each side can maintain, as per the proposals of the Lindemann Plan.

Other constraints are also established as part of the postwar settlement. For example, the Orb Union is prohibited by treaty from providing direct military assistance to the PLANTs, but it is unclear as to whether this restriction is imposed by the Junius Treaty itself or by a separate agreement.
Both sides would mean EA and PLANT.
As for Orb, they were prohibited from providing direct military assistance, but nothing says that they are prohibited from using nuclear weapons.

Also, just because Orb is no small fry, doesn't necessarily mean that they are bounded by the treaty.
Old 2009-07-16, 19:40   Link #1224
Gilgamesh00

the real problem of GSD was:
No one really relevant have died, reused frames...ever the same crap infinitely reused...ever this one button mass killer...jesus in Gundam...Shinn Asuka(God i hate this chara), but considering all elements of GSD one that is the worst of all problems is childlike main characters(Shinn Asuka...annoying!!!) and character throwback(Athrun...), without these problems GSD could be good, even with that average plot.
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 21:01   Link #1225
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
the real problem of GSD was:
No one really relevant have died, reused frames...ever the same crap infinitely reused...ever this one button mass killer...jesus in Gundam...Shinn Asuka(God i hate this chara), but considering all elements of GSD one that is the worst of all problems is childlike main characters(Shinn Asuka...annoying!!!) and character throwback(Athrun...), without these problems GSD could be good, even with that average plot.
reused frames are OK, as long as they fit the situation IMO.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 06:09   Link #1226
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
reused frames are OK, as long as they fit the situation IMO.
What? you mean all situations in the show? because GSD is a reused show, a think reused frames are ok...but after fifth time start to be annoying, in tenth i get very tired, you just think>: WTF! the same thing again? I belive that watch GSD weekly was not so bad(gives you time to forget the repeated scenes), but watch one episode after another left me very angry.
Old 2009-07-17, 08:20   Link #1227
blitz1/2

Quote:
What? you mean all situations in the show? because GSD is a reused show, a think reused frames are ok...but after fifth time start to be annoying, in tenth i get very tired, you just think>: WTF! the same thing again? I belive that watch GSD weekly was not so bad(gives you time to forget the repeated scenes), but watch one episode after another left me very angry.
Let me ask you this, were you tired of Wing?

Old 2009-07-17, 09:30   Link #1228
Aquaman OS

There's a difference between reusing frames and reusing entire battles. Just about everything Strike Freedom ever did was simply altered Freedom footage.

It's too the point where I'm not sure if SF is supposed to be more powerful than the first because Kira uses them the exact same way against the exact same opponents.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 11:43   Link #1229
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
There's a difference between reusing frames and reusing entire battles. Just about everything Strike Freedom ever did was simply altered Freedom footage.

It's too the point where I'm not sure if SF is supposed to be more powerful than the first because Kira uses them the exact same way against the exact same opponents.
ALMOST everything, not everything. We no longer had 2 positron-like beams, 2 railgun and a beam rifle. Even in terms of reused frames, SF didn't copy that much, as new Frames were used. The one with the web of beams catching arms, legs, heads. (The only exactly copied Frame of that was when Akatsuki released the DRAGOONS)

Old 2009-07-17, 11:48   Link #1230
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , i don't think that GSD fail very much .
But for me there is just two thing who put it down the anime , its the repetetive enemies , there are like all the same , its like GSD BIS and Shin who is totally crap . Kick his ass with his blade .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 16:31   Link #1231
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Let me ask you this, were you tired of Wing?
Wing is forgivable because is a very old show(but sometimes annoyes a litle), GSD is relative new(2004-2005) and have animation level(not image quality) of 1995 anime shows, no i canot forgive GSD! IMO Turn A(1999 - 2000) is another Gundam show which fails in annimation aspects not reusing frames but with a very low animation quality comparing to animation standards of 1997.
Old 2009-07-19, 20:12   Link #1232
blitz1/2

Quote:
Wing is forgivable because is a very old show(but sometimes annoyes a litle), GSD is relative new(2004-2005) and have animation level(not image quality) of 1995 anime shows, no i canot forgive GSD! IMO Turn A(1999 - 2000) is another Gundam show which fails in annimation aspects not reusing frames but with a very low animation quality comparing to animation standards of 1997.
Bullshit! it doesn't matter if it's new or old. It can prove that the animation had used more budget than intended, and those reused scenes matched, so why the hell do we complain about it? Also, notice that GS/GSD hardly get those face distortions that the older series (and some new ones) have.

And Wing used A LOT more reused scenes, which PISSES me off. But seed was a LOT better than destiny, even scoring close to UC IMO.

Old 2009-07-19, 20:54   Link #1233
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

You basically have two reasons for watching Wing: Midorikawa + Koyasu + Okiayu Ho Yay, with Seki thrown in for the lulz, or Yajima + Orikasa. Until now, I'm still scratching my head on how the show went. War is not, and has never been, a samurai showdown. While rules are observed, ultimately, your objective for starting the war must be achieved.

Seed is definitely a recommend from me.
Old 2009-07-19, 22:29   Link #1234
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

i still think Destiny DID great despise its misgivings. It made Kira and Lacus high ranking characters in terms of popularity, and made lots of money, which is important to the developer/producer. So they accomplished what they intended. And we got an OVA/ONA like stargazer from it. If the movie is done like Stargazer was, I cannot wait to see it.

The only bad thing is that Destiny brought SEED down with it. And SEED is pretty good somewhat because it was the first series I watched but I generally liked the plot.
Old 2009-07-19, 22:32   Link #1235
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, it IS pretty rare for Hoshi Soichiro and Tanaka Rie to screw up their characters. The voice cast of the series are A-listers, no doubt about that. It's a frat party over at the recording studio.
Old 2009-07-20, 06:13   Link #1236
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Bullshit! it doesn't matter if it's new or old. It can prove that the animation had used more budget than intended, and those reused scenes matched, so why the hell do we complain about it?
Bullshit? Well...doesn't matter if it's new or old? come on! so I can compare 00 with Z in image quality using same parameters?NO! only is possible to compare quality levels of each age, yes Wing have face distortions, shows of same year too, is like complain about color lack or low resolution of first television show.
They used more animation budget than intended? this is what really doesn't matter, result on screen, this really matters, of course more budget could mean more quality but GSD proved the opposite, so... how GS doesn't had this problem?
GS had reused frames too(of course like others shows) but not in GSD levels.
Old 2009-07-20, 08:15   Link #1237
blitz1/2

Quote:
Bullshit? Well...doesn't matter if it's new or old? come on! so I can compare 00 with Z in image quality using same parameters?NO! only is possible to compare quality levels of each age, yes Wing have face distortions, shows of same year too, is like complain about color lack or low resolution of first television show.
They used more animation budget than intended? this is what really doesn't matter, result on screen, this really matters, of course more budget could mean more quality but GSD proved the opposite, so... how GS doesn't had this problem?
GS had reused frames too(of course like others shows) but not in GSD levels.

Ok, going by your logic, that means that all old series are good because they are "old". And because they were old, they can make more mistakes and be excused? What kind of logic is that? Just proves, that old series are overrated then.

And how do we define "new" and "old". By GSD times, I am pretty sure we can declare that as old compared to now's animation.

uh, give me examples (and give ep refs too) of these so called too much reused frames.

Old 2009-07-20, 09:59   Link #1238
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Ok, going by your logic, that means that all old series are good because they are "old". And because they were old, they can make more mistakes and be excused? What kind of logic is that? Just proves, that old series are overrated then.
This is not the point, the animation quality evolves, a good animation of 1970 not is a good animation of 2005, a animation with regress to old levels could be target of criticism, this is the point.
Old 2009-07-20, 10:16   Link #1239
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Not reused frames per say, but the recaps. Really, do we need so many recaps?
Old 2009-07-20, 11:01   Link #1240
blitz1/2

Quote:
This is not the point, the animation quality evolves, a good animation of 1970 not is a good animation of 2005, a animation with regress to old levels could be target of criticism, this is the point.
and so....how does the reused frames become the issue then?