AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-13, 02:25   Link #401
aixchel
Shinkumi

Thor didn't start to adapt to Third's appearance on Chimera. It began when Third killed himself. Thor noticed at that time that his skin was changing color and he was adapting to a new look.

Why did his dna begin to adapt to third at all? I never figured that out. Does DNA have eyes that they can see what third looked like? dunno. But it's weird. Why didn't the DNA adapt better when he was on Chimera (albino definitely wasn't helpful)? Dunno that either.

I think I watched this to the end just to stare at the pretty pictures.
Old 2006-07-13, 10:27   Link #402
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by aixchel
Thor didn't start to adapt to Third's appearance on Chimera. It began when Third killed himself. Thor noticed at that time that his skin was changing color and he was adapting to a new look.

Why did his dna begin to adapt to third at all? I never figured that out. Does DNA have eyes that they can see what third looked like? dunno. But it's weird. Why didn't the DNA adapt better when he was on Chimera (albino definitely wasn't helpful)? Dunno that either.
I don't think it's so much Thor adopted Third's appearance but Chimera's inhabitants' appearance. He just never realized it until Third is dead. Think about it, without all those information he recieved there, he would probably just think he got a tan.
Old 2006-07-22, 20:01   Link #403
molitar

Ok the mangaka was a sick bastard is my only opinion. Kill everyone off for no real reason. With all the stupid talking Third did he could of climbed up Thor just like Thor said to and than pulled Thor back up. No he shoots himself.. what a stupid unrealistic move when a better move is available.

Than second one for Tiz to die.. that was so unrealistic because Zagi was someone who wouldn't of just stood there waiting to get shot he would of dodged he survived all this time and it was in his genes to survive and fight. He was a survivor and a well trained fighter and he could dodge look how he dodged Thor during his battle with him. They were on the constant edge with survival with plants that would attack suddenly without warning and he is going to stand there while a guy yells at him before shooting him.. what a laugh... He would of not just stood there so another dumb sick ending by a mangaka artist who just wanted a bitter end. As well as Tiz survival instinct would not been over rode to rescue someone she did not deeply care for either if she died protecting Thor than that would of been another story.

It was great all the way to episode 11 than it went to crap if any of what happened in 11 happened in earlier episodes I wouldn't of even watched it.

Now can someone explain how the balls were suppose to accelerate the rotation of the planet.. and what exactly would that accomplish besides killing off all life? The ending was so rushed I didn't understand half of what was going on.
Old 2006-07-24, 15:53   Link #404
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar

Now can someone explain how the balls were suppose to accelerate the rotation of the planet.. and what exactly would that accomplish besides killing off all life? The ending was so rushed I didn't understand half of what was going on.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-26, 01:01   Link #405
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
The single for the opening is out.

It's completely targetted toward fangirls of Koichi Domoto with a cover of him topless. <_< Expected, but I was hoping for some Jyu-oh-sei pictures like the ones included in the ending single.

Personally likes the anime version of the song more. But the full version is longer... and that is a plus, I suppose.
Old 2006-08-26, 07:32   Link #406
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by aixchel

I think I watched this to the end just to stare at the pretty pictures.
Well, Chen is probably the only woman alive that he actually knows, so I thought that maybe his DNA was adapting his skin and hair color to look like Third so that Chen would fall in love with him.
Old 2006-08-26, 16:37   Link #407
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
Well, Chen is probably the only woman alive that he actually knows, so I thought that maybe his DNA was adapting his skin and hair color to look like Third so that Chen would fall in love with him.
Nah, actually that's not the reason, though we never learn that from the anime (which managed to completely miss the point of the whole story - I don't mind if an adaptation is not the same as the original but sadly the end of the Juuousei anime is a complete mess, Thor's inexplicable changing into "Third" is the least of the problems :/).

Third and Thor have always looked almost identical, except for the color of their skin, hair and eye which were the reason nobody noticed how similar they looked otherwise. It's mentioned in the manga that Thor, as the descendant of Beast Kings, originally had dark skin and hair, it's just that in his mother's womb his DNA adapted his appearance to that of Eva Klein's. As for why he started to change only after Third died... Well, if we really wanted to find a reason it could be chalked up to the shocking events he had to face which may have sped up the process, or something. But I think it was mostly for plot reasons (it would've been a bit weird if he suddenly started to resemble Third...) and the whole twin symbolism that was- well, should've been present throughout the story.
Old 2006-09-27, 17:41   Link #408
kauldron26
Med Student

anybody know where i can get images of Tiz or karin??
Old 2007-04-03, 04:55   Link #409
tom9984

/sob

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-01, 14:57   Link #410
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Notice
This series has been licensed by Funimation.

Source: http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/show...php?tid/21912/
Old 2007-07-01, 14:58   Link #411
xris
Just call me Ojisan

FUNimation have announced the license for Jyu Oh Sei (Planet of the Beast King) at Anime Expo 2007. Release due in 2008. See AoD and ANN for more details.
Old 2007-07-01, 17:13   Link #412
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Got done watching it a few days ago.

The first 6 episodes were made of awesome. Thor is thrown into a world where survival is everything and for one to be set free of this world; he must battle his way to the top to become Jyu-Oh-Sei. It sounded like a generic Shonen premise but it seemed like the beginning episodes would prove me wrong. Thor was pit up against challenges that seemed like too much for him. There were no episodes that focused on him training; Thor had to use his raw wits and skills to survive. I respected the series for that. Heck, there were times that Thor didn't legitimately
win his matches thanks to intervention from the Third.

It's what made the series interesting in my opinion. Although the planet that Thor and company resided on had rules; most characters weren't willing to play by the rules as they all had something they wanted to obtain/maintain. Thus, there were conflicts and plenty of surprises. I thought that the Third would shape up into a complex character after seeing all of his manipulative habits. The first 6 or so episodes were great and really held my attention.

After that, yuck. Characterization falters and the viewer is left with a variety of revelations that barely make any sense. Zagi's characterization seems off at the end as he gets overly sentimental about Thor's actions and Tiz's sacrifice. Did anybody else expect:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

I liked the series but the second half tears me from loving it. I'd give it a 7/10. I think maybe the story was too condensed and the producers tried to pour too much material into later episodes. But this has been said already countless times so I'll drop it.

Eh, onto Le Chevalier d'Eon.
Old 2007-07-01, 20:42   Link #413
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I actually loved this series, but its let down was that it was to short, and to fast. If they had made it a 24 or 26 ep series they could of done a much better job with the plot and characters. I kept expecting Rai to reappear for some odd reason. Hopefully this will get a remake like some of the other short series of late and be remade properly.
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina