AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 21:03   Link #241
herbert

If you guys r interested in jp opinions. I have posted links in MW to a series of polls held on a very same site about Macross F characters exclusively.

Mar. 31
http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1206894587.html

May 21
http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1211369207.html

July 7
http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1215357986.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
@herbert, I think it's Maximilian indeed. The avatar strongly suggests it. Old school avatars FTW!
Thanks. Didn't see it. I turn off my av., sig. and image all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
Yesss.. Pouting Max is moe. Been rewatching SDF Macross for clues for Frontier.

Though I had to change my icon back for Sheryl support.
That guy is cool, a legend, best pilot ever in Macross universe, but moe... well moe is subjective
Old 2008-07-23, 21:11   Link #242
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I can't say the poll results are surprising, at all

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-23, 21:25   Link #243
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I can't say the poll results are surprising, at all

- Tak
Nope, not surprising at all that tuna buns come in at 11 and Nanase's glasses come in at 12. Ranka deservedly comes in at 14.
Old 2008-07-24, 04:17   Link #244
Westlo
Lets be reality

Damn Ranka got slaughtered in that last poll... lol.

Anyway looking at those Animedia and Animage polls... wtf @ Teira's popularity... also I wonder for how many more years Lelouch can continue to dominate polls. If Kira can dominate for so long and with Lelouch being so much more interesting...
Old 2008-07-24, 04:27   Link #245
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Damn Ranka got slaughtered in that last poll... lol.

Anyway looking at those Animedia and Animage polls... wtf @ Teira's popularity... also I wonder for how many more years Lelouch can continue to dominate polls. If Kira can dominate for so long and with Lelouch being so much more interesting...

I didn't think I had to look that low before I found her name, it's quite unfair! And Nanase's eyeglasses (who snuck that in?) get more votes than Nanase herself!!!
Old 2008-07-24, 05:18   Link #246
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
I didn't think I had to look that low before I found her name, it's quite unfair!
I don't think you really can call it unfair. Ranka has earned it by herself. After all, there was same bunch of ppl pushed Ranka to 2nd and 5th in previous two polls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
And Nanase's eyeglasses (who snuck that in?) get more votes than Nanase herself!!!
Those who suffers glasses fetish? After all, she is merely a stereotyped character.

3 words sum Nanase up: friend, glasses, boeing.

btw to be fair, Nanase runs neck to neck with her glasses in 3th poll right now.
Old 2008-07-24, 06:44   Link #247
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I don't think you really can call it unfair. Ranka has earned it by herself. After all, there was same bunch of ppl pushed Ranka to 2nd and 5th in previous two polls.

Those who suffers glasses fetish? After all, she is merely a stereotyped character.

3 words sum Nanase up: friend, glasses, boeing.

btw to be fair, Nanase runs neck to neck with her glasses in 3th poll right now.
Actually, a race between Ranka and her dog hair, or Sheryl and her 'Hopes and dreams' could be more awesome
Old 2008-07-24, 13:48   Link #248
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Actually, a race between Ranka and her dog hair, or Sheryl and her 'Hopes and dreams' could be more awesome
The thing is, though, that Sheryl is far more than her hopes and dreams, while Ranka gets outclassed by her dog ears much of the time. Also, more movement in the latest poll. Tuna buns move up to 10, tied with Cathy while Nanase pulls ahead of her glasses by 1 vote for 12th, they were tied earlier. Ranka slips to 15th.
Old 2008-07-24, 22:56   Link #249
mike_s_6

Quote:
I was kidding, I want Ranka down there (though it makes me a tad sorry for her, hahaha!!!)
Old 2008-07-25, 06:58   Link #250
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Ranka's hair is actually useful for expressing her emotional and mental state, while also being a pleasant mannerism. Sheryl's boobs are useless bags of fat that serve no practical purpose and never will since she's probably sterile by now.
Old 2008-07-25, 07:01   Link #251
Westlo
Lets be reality

You're trying to hard kid, you need to keep in mind that when i comes to trolling quality > quantity.
Old 2008-07-25, 07:29   Link #252
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You're trying to hard kid, you need to keep in mind that when i comes to trolling quality > quantity.
What are you talking about, his post was comedy gold! Much shorter than his usual rants, too.
Old 2008-07-25, 08:04   Link #253
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
Ranka's hair is actually useful for expressing her emotional and mental state, while also being a pleasant mannerism. Sheryl's boobs are useless bags of fat that serve no practical purpose and never will since she's probably sterile by now.
Ranka's got several years to go before she becomes fertile, so Alto wins either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
But when it comes to lolicons, lack of quantity > quantity. How do you use those bags of fat?

Last edited by erfine; 2008-07-25 at 08:19.
Old 2008-07-25, 08:31   Link #254
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
Ranka's got several years to go before she becomes fertile, so Alto wins either way.
She's the same age as Sheryl. Although, being Q1 throws her breeding prospects into doubt. Anyway, Alto's probably impudent (he commensates by screaming alot), so it's not like it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
But when it comes to lolicons, lack of quantity > quantity. How do you use those bags of fat?
Lolicons like sexually aware children. There's not a single character in Macross that their complex would identify with.
Old 2008-07-25, 09:58   Link #255
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Why pit Ranka against her hair? Her froggy phone will beat her by miles. (That thing could actually play a CD?!!)
Old 2008-07-25, 10:30   Link #256
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Lolicons like sexually aware children. There's not a single character in Macross that their complex would identify with.
Answer Konata's question:"if someone from my class confesses to me, is he a lolicon?"

Plus there is also imperfect information. Ranka looks 11, not anyone knows she is 17.
Old 2008-07-25, 10:43   Link #257
Wesley84

Quote:
Answer Konata's question:"if someone from my class confesses to me, is he a lolicon?"
No, he has excellent taste.

Quote:
Plus there is also imperfect information. Ranka looks 11, not anyone knows she is 17.
That still doesn't make her a lolita.
Old 2008-07-25, 11:39   Link #258
herbert

Quote:
No, he has excellent taste.
Lol. That is true with Konata, who is an old man in loli-like flesh. But with Ranka, who is a loli mind in a loli-like flesh...

Quote:
That still doesn't make her a lolita.
No, it doesn't. But it makes him a lolicon.
Old 2008-07-25, 12:41   Link #259
Wesley84

Quote:
Lol. That is true with Konata, who is an old man in loli-like flesh. But with Ranka, who is a loli mind in a loli-like flesh...
She's more like a layed back, twenty-something bachelor with too much time on his hands, rather than oldman. And Ranka does not fit the lolita mold in any shape, way, or form. She's, at the most, moe, and at least has certain mannerisms that might be taken as child-like.

Quote:
No, it doesn't. But it makes him a lolicon.
Lolicon is a very specific complex. It requires an underaged girl, usually not even in her teens, with a certain amount of sexual awareness. A guy that finds her appealing has the lolita complex. He is not your typical pedophile, since the girl has to at least appear to have sexual maturity to interest him.

Ranka is not loli, due to her age and her maturity level. Her appearance has nothing to do with anything. Hell, not even Klan Klan is lolita, since she's more of a chibi than anything else.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:10   Link #260
herbert

Quote:
She's more like a layed back, twenty-something bachelor with too much time on his hands, rather than oldman. And Ranka does not fit the lolita mold in any shape, way, or form. She's, at the most, moe, and at least has certain mannerisms that might be taken as child-like.
There is your opinion but I beg you acknowledge those who were greatly surprised at episode 6, me included.

Quote:
Lolicon is a very specific complex. It requires an underaged girl, usually not even in her teens, with a certain amount of sexual awareness. A guy that finds her appealing has the lolita complex. He is not your typical pedophile, since the girl has to at least appear to have sexual maturity to interest him.

Ranka is not loli, due to her age and her maturity level. Her appearance has nothing to do with anything. Hell, not even Klan Klan is lolita, since she's more of a chibi than anything else.
You remember I said "imperfect information." As long as Ranka's real age keeps sceret, she fits any requirements you listed for lolita. She looks underaged, she behaves underaged, she is aware of sex (more or less). Ranka is not lolita, but she is a lolita replica. If there is a guy doesn't know she is a replica but likes her because he thinks she is a real lolita, he is a lolicon. Do I make it clear? or should I bring up some loli-like adults from hentai games as examples? It doesn't necessarily require one liking a loli to qualify a lolicon.

Tags
characters, favorite