AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-13, 13:28   Link #461
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Hair color has nothing to do with genetics in Macross, if Family Jenius is any indication.
Maybe in Macross 7, but at least in Frontier, it's very clear that Ranka has the same hair colour as her mom as Alto does with his dad.

Quote:
Bah, given Brera's heavy cyborg mods, he probably doesn't have his relevant parts intact anymore.
Actually I was talking about this pic before his 'cyborginzation'...

And going to eye colour as Westlo has mentioned... this is the closest thing I can get to the above picture's lighting in the recent episode in regards to Ranka.

While not entirely conclusive since the lighting in the flashback!Brera isn't quite the same as flashback!Ranka (but very close), but I'd say Brera's eye colour is a darker shade of red while Ranka's is a lighter shade of brown. Hopefully we get another flashabck of chibi Ranka and Brera together next episode, but with both their eyes open this time.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-09-13, 13:37   Link #462
Wesley84

I wish my synapses could end entire civilizations.
Old 2008-09-13, 14:11   Link #463
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I must say, I can't make sense of that scene on the roof.

Alto: "I'm going to kill Ranka."
Sheryl: "I knew it. All along, it was her you love."

WTF?
Old 2008-09-13, 14:12   Link #464
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

WTF?
Yeah, she seems to be drawing an even more stupid and baseless conclusion than Ranka did on the rooftop in episode 20. It was Klan who used the L-word afterall. Just because he didn't deny it, Sheryl gets all emo?
Old 2008-09-13, 15:37   Link #465
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

WTF?
hmmm! sheryl didn't say anything about love! She just say that she knew it all along, but that she just want to be like she is right now just for a little while longer. people keep adding things and discarding things. Klan had tears because she realized that Alto loves Ranka so much that he rather see her dead than see her destroy the things she once loved. sheryl realized this, as she knew that Alto was with her for pity. If sheryl is right or not about the pity, it doesn't matter because she will never know if he would have stayed with her if she was not dying.

now, the thing is if when the moment comes, if Alto can try to kill Ranka! He has a lot of obstacles to overcome! Ozma, Grace, and the Vajra itself!
Old 2008-09-13, 16:36   Link #466
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
now, the thing is if when the moment comes, if Alto can try to kill Ranka! He has a lot of obstacles to overcome! Ozma, Grace, and the Vajra itself!
Exactly what is the SMS going to do or what are they doing right now?

I have a weird feeling that they'll be intervening in the next battle to help the vajra...
Old 2008-09-13, 16:38   Link #467
Wesley84

I wonder if they'll track Ranka from the subtle sobs and whimpers?
Old 2008-09-13, 16:40   Link #468
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
GANBATTE SHERYL-SAN!!!

Ahem.

As if Alto and Sheryl weren't acting like an old married couple before, this episode threw the image in our faces. That moment where Sheryl reaches up to Alto and goes "unh!" was too freaking adorable. This is how I like my romances: dynamic and creative. They don't have to be coddling each other and getting all squishy to develop chemistry and emotional bonds.

I do hope Alto gets to pilot his Messiah again before the end. The VF-171 just doesn't suit him. I did enjoy the banter between him and the other pilots, and just as he was making a big point about not getting distracted by women, who else is in plain sight and waving at him? I can't get enough of those two.

Right now I think the only way they can kill Grace is by dropping a house on her and removing her shoes. I doubt water will have much effect on her.
Old 2008-09-13, 16:40   Link #469
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Exactly what is the SMS going to do or what are they doing right now?

I have a weird feeling that they'll be intervening in the next battle to help the vajra...
it is not only SMS! Grace's dream of taking over the Vajra instant comm network will go down to flame if Leon has his way! So i see an all out battle between Leonvs Grace+ozma+vajra!
Old 2008-09-13, 17:54   Link #470
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
people keep adding things and discarding things. Klan had tears because she realized that Alto loves Ranka so much that he rather see her dead than see her destroy the things she once loved. sheryl realized this, as she knew that Alto was with her for pity.
Aren't you adding things here? We don't know why Klan had tears, but based on the context of the whole episode and the theme of the series, she's probably sad that Alto's version of love is to destroy something close to him to protect everything else.

As I mentioned before, if Alto's thoughts is to kill Ranka for "her sake" then he's just selfishly using her as justification. What gives him the right to kill her, even in her name? We know that Ranka wanted to live, even to live with Alto. I would like to think Alto is not that selfish and hypocritical.

IMHO Klan's question is still a question, not intended to be an answer.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:14   Link #471
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Aren't you adding things here? We don't know why Klan had tears, but based on the context of the whole episode and the theme of the series, she's probably sad that Alto's version of love is to destroy something close to him to protect everything else.
when i said add, it was about the dialogue! Sheryl doesn't say anything about love in her dialogue. i was trying to be neutral and not come as a Ranka shipper! the alternative will be that Klan thinks that Alto is still in love with Ranka, I reather think this alternative other way and I also think that is one of the few reasons that would make Klan shed tears after what happened to her and micheal.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:32   Link #472
iVu

What was going on at the background when Grace found Brera? There was a lot of explosions. I doubt it was caused by a few VF-27
Old 2008-09-13, 19:21   Link #473
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
After watching ep 23 i can understand why the shipp war explodes, after ep 21 almost everyone said Ranka&Alto pairing is finished, the Sheryl shippers already declared themselves as "winners", now at ep 23 the Ranka shippers have a comeback stating Sheryl has no chance because Alto "SAYS" he loves Ranka, which he didnt...

The development of the triangle just went back and forth, all i see in this ep that Alto only explained the bond/relation he has with Ranka by meeting her but what kind of feeling these are not clearly explained so it could be brotherly love, romatic love or even fatherly love(improbably but well who knows/jk), he didnt answer at all. So all in all i say "It didnt end till it really did end" so shippers ganbatte there is still 2 ep left
Point is, we have won. By this point itŽs only the nailbiting if Kawamori will risk the eternal hate of 75% of the Macross fandom by letting Sheryl die. As for the love triangle... look up Musoukas post on page 112 of the Romance thread, I really couldnŽt put it into better words than her/him. <We need a gender tag somewhere easily visible. ^^>
Old 2008-09-13, 19:29   Link #474
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Musouka is a she.
Old 2008-09-13, 19:29   Link #475
Westlo
Lets be reality

Musouka like Crisis is a rabid yaoi fangirl who has been swayed by the amazing chemistry and interaction of Alto and Sheryl <3

Edit - It seems Crisis prefers 'woman with exquisite tastes' over rabid yaoi fangirl but for the life of me I can't figure out why.
Old 2008-09-13, 19:35   Link #476
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Musouka like Crisis is a rabid yaoi fangirl who has been swayed by the amazing chemistry and interaction of Alto and Sheryl <3
I'm not rabid. I just prefer quality women in relationships, like Sheryl.
Old 2008-09-13, 19:36   Link #477
Wesley84

You know, if Leon's right about Vajra, it'd have to be one of the biggest dicks I've ever seen in fiction. Giving Ranka false memories, then mind wiping her, have her grow up in a peaceful society, present her with an unassuming and seemingly empathetic pet, capturing her, giving her even more false and contradictory imagery, convince her to turn her back on that society even if it's for a percieved greater good, and ultimately have her watch as her previous life is completely swept away just because it's that big of a bastard.

Not even Gutts had worse parentage.
Old 2008-09-13, 19:40   Link #478
magnuskn

Ah, thanks guys.

But really... if Kawamori does the Ultimate Troll and kills Sheryl, while getting Alto and Ranka together... heŽll join Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Sue Rostoni, Shally Shapiro and The Guys Responsible For The Death Of Omi Kurita, in the group of people who have ruined otherwise great fiction series and who need a really good verbal beatdown for being such storytelling retards.

Well, Whedon gets some plus points for otherwise awesome storytelling, but his butchering of Spike/Buffy, general misdemeanour towards Willow and the ( momentary ) write-out of Kitty Pryde via Space Bullet still mean heŽs on the list.

Ahem, sorry. I got some issues with some of my favourite story franchises having turned to shite in the last decade.

If anybody wonders who Sue Rostoni and Shally Shapiro are, they are two of the mayorly responsible persons for killing off Anakin Solo. Otherwise known as The Only Guy WhoŽd Really Deserve Sheryl. Although he had an awesome girlfriend for himself already. ^^ And Omi Kurita is from the BattleTech novels.
Old 2008-09-13, 19:51   Link #479
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Ah, thanks guys.

But really... if Kawamori does the Ultimate Troll and kills Sheryl, while getting Alto and Ranka together... heŽll join Joss Whedon, Marti Noxon, Sue Rostoni, Shally Shapiro and The Guys Responsible For The Death Of Omi Kurita, in the group of people who have ruined otherwise great fiction series and who need a really good verbal beatdown for being such storytelling retards.

Well, Whedon gets some plus points for otherwise awesome storytelling, but his butchering of Spike/Buffy, general misdemeanour towards Willow and the ( momentary ) write-out of Kitty Pryde via Space Bullet still mean heŽs on the list.

Ahem, sorry. I got some issues with some of my favourite story franchises having turned to shite in the last decade.

If anybody wonders who Sue Rostoni and Shally Shapiro are, they are two of the mayorly responsible persons for killing off Anakin Solo. Otherwise known as The Only Guy WhoŽd Really Deserve Sheryl. Although he had an awesome girlfriend for himself already. ^^ And Omi Kurita is from the BattleTech novels.
I still maintain my position that if it ends altoxRanka, macross frontier will take C2 position as the most WTF ending! only way it can end like that is if sheryl dies and i doubt it will happen!
Old 2008-09-13, 20:19   Link #480
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, at this point, Alto is actually a candidate for worst male protagonist according to several posts on the Japanese BBS. Some dubbed him as the worst enemy to women, that is, if he backed out from his pledge made in 22.

I think Kawamori did a great job in inciting an overwhelming sympathy from fans toward Sheryl. I am sure he is not trying to fuck it up by giving a WTF RxA ending, but if he did, well, even a Macross-class battleship won't save him.

- Tak (I hate battletech)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread