AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-04, 10:31   Link #24761
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Since there will be a disturbance in the Garden involving a student, do you think a certain 177th Branch of Judgement will be called in to deal with the situation?
Already ahead of you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Speculation: Mii also is infected while investigating a possible "pervert".
Old 2013-04-04, 11:05   Link #24762
leukrota

Quote:
Since there will be a disturbance in the Garden involving a student, do you think a certain 177th Branch of Judgement will be called in to deal with the situation?
It's not their jurisdiction, that time when they were dealing with a problem there was cause they requested clearance for it.

Of course, if Kuroko sees Mikoto in the chase, she might make the request. They wouldn't be called in by default though.
Old 2013-04-04, 12:00   Link #24763
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As for Saten... Sumeragi-san, are you implying that Saten and kamijou has exchanged phone numbers from only after 1-2 meetings when it took so many volumes from misaka ?
At this point that should be a fact already.

---

Lessar isn't a bad choice since it doesn't need her presence at all.
Old 2013-04-04, 12:18   Link #24764
Breidaluk

In NT7 Touma will infiltrate in tokiwadai?
Old 2013-04-04, 13:11   Link #24765
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
In NT7 Touma will infiltrate in tokiwadai?
While "Thrown in" would be the most adequate term to use, yes, he will likely infiltrate school garden.
Old 2013-04-04, 13:56   Link #24766
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
It's not their jurisdiction, that time when they were dealing with a problem there was cause they requested clearance for it.

Of course, if Kuroko sees Mikoto in the chase, she might make the request. They wouldn't be called in by default though.
Tokiwadai Middle School is in the garden right. Judgments members jurisdiction is based around the school the member is enrolled in. Kuroko goes to Tokiwadai Middle School, so I don't see why that couldn't be called in.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:43   Link #24767
leukrota

Quote:
Tokiwadai Middle School is in the garden right. Judgments members jurisdiction is based around the school the member is enrolled in. Kuroko goes to Tokiwadai Middle School, so I don't see why that couldn't be called in.
Ok, it sounded off but I still went to do some searching to be sure. You got it wrong, Judgment branches' jurisdiction has nothing to do with it's members' schools, but rather with the school where each branch is located, as there is one branch per school.

And as you know, the branch 177 is outside Garden, so it's jurisdiction is not Tokiwadai.
Old 2013-04-04, 15:23   Link #24768
zaeraal

Quote:
Ok, it sounded off but I still went to do some searching to be sure. You got it wrong, Judgment branches' jurisdiction has nothing to do with it's members' schools, but rather with the school where each branch is located, as there is one branch per school.

And as you know, the branch 177 is outside Garden, so it's jurisdiction is not Tokiwadai.
That's correct. Even according to Index volume 8 and 13, the branch is directly related to school:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vol 8
It was an ordinary rectangular concrete school compound, completely different from the ‘School Garden’. Shirai walked inside, getting a pair of slippers at the staff entrance, where there were hardly any students around, and headed down the corridor lit by a neat row of overhead lamps. After walking on the icy and hard plastic floor for a while, one could see a door with a signboard. The words on the signboard read ‘Judgement 177th Branch’.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ""vol 13
Shirai Kuroko and Uiharu Kazari were in Judgment’s 177th Branch Office.
It had a fancy name, but it was nothing more than a room in Uiharu’s middle school.
It's a bit inconsitent with anime and manga (for example chapters 47 (8), 54 (26), 56 (19), 57 (14)...) as they show it as separate building.
Later in anime (big spider arc) it was shown that they have to get permission if they want to investigate in different area.
Old 2013-04-04, 15:41   Link #24769
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:

Looks like I misread Judgement's description. Sorry.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:39   Link #24770
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I was just checking TV Tropes and they're in the midst of reorganizing the page, and those involved don't consider Index as being a main character or a protagonist. What do you guys think?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:50   Link #24771
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That somebody would change it back.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:26   Link #24772
Rovert10

Index is at least more of a protagonist than Misaka for Volumes 1-22.

In NT, Misaka has a larger role atm, can't say for certain how Index will make herself more involved.

What I am hoping is Index to actually get into a fight since her locks on magic are gone. Or at least not just watch on the sidelines giving info and occasionally singing a song.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:32   Link #24773
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It doesn't matter, the Author has decided to call both of them main characters, any attempt to change that is just delusion of power.

Lets not forget both of them are pretty involved in the Movie saga (across all media).
Old 2013-04-05, 21:08   Link #24774
LazyHunter

Actually it seems that the discussion is not about Index not being a main character (which she is) but about her being a protagonist (which she isn't). TAMNI protagonists are Touma, Accelerator and Shiage, so she and Misaka should be taken out of the protagonist folder and put into the Neccesarius/Level 5 folder. And the reorganization of the characters page seems to be neccesary given the mess.
Old 2013-04-05, 21:14   Link #24775
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Actually it seems that the discussion is not about Index not being a main character (which she is) but about her being a protagonist (which she isn't). TAMNI protagonists are Touma, Accelerator and Shiage, so she and Misaka should be taken out of the protagonist folder and put into the Neccesarius/Level 5 folder. And the reorganization of the characters page seems to be neccesary given the mess.
Fair enough.

Though there's another meaning because the word Protagonist (主人公) is a male title in Japanese.

Girls are Heroines.
Old 2013-04-06, 12:16   Link #24776
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I suppose I can agree with that. Misaka does deserve to be there, since she's the protagonist of Railgun.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-04-06, 15:41   Link #24777
LazyHunter

Nevermind, Misaka got lumped with Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu into a "Railgun Sub Series Protagonists" Index was relocated to Necessarius.

And really, looking closer you can see what's the problem of the page: it contains a lot of really minor characters that showed up in one or two episodes, a lot of them even have pictures. By the discussion it seems some of them were recently added from the Railgun anime and really, the girl who almost got killed in the Gravitron bombing incidents and the love interest of the dorm supervisor and his love interest are pretty unnecesary. It's not like its the wiki.
Old 2013-04-06, 16:54   Link #24778
faiz blaster

Red face

Okay, I'm kind of lost here, so could we have a short break on the speculations and quickly sum it up who are the possible new members of Touma's harem ones more likely to be affected by the Kamiyan Disease in the next volume.

Misaki is a given (if she is not infected already, as the Railgun manga has indicated), as is any "female villain/princess to be rescued" introduced in this story. Considering the setting/crime-scene this time around, I'll put down a coin for Kongou and/or any of her two friends. Some people have brought up Saten and Konori, but if they have a chance, so does Uiharu.

Am I missing anyone?

(Oh, and for obvious reasons, Misaka and Shirai stay out of this list).
Old 2013-04-06, 17:05   Link #24779
leukrota

Yeah... Kamachi would get linched if he made a (sub)harem out of the Railgun girls. So I don't think so.
Old 2013-04-06, 17:25   Link #24780
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Okay, I'm kind of lost here, so could we have a short break on the speculations and quickly sum it up who are the possible new members of Touma's harem ones more likely to be affected by the Kamiyan Disease in the next volume.

Misaki is a given (if she is not infected already, as the Railgun manga has indicated), as is any "female villain/princess to be rescued" introduced in this story. Considering the setting/crime-scene this time around, I'll put down a coin for Kongou and/or any of her two friends. Some people have brought up Saten and Konori, but if they have a chance, so does Uiharu.

Am I missing anyone?

(Oh, and for obvious reasons, Misaka and Shirai stay out of this list).
Personality wise I don't think that Saten would fall for Touma's heroics, admire him maybe but not fall in love. Konori has an even lower chance of falling in love with him. Heck, given wataru, she'd be more likely to fall for Shiage than Touma. Uiharu is a little more susceptible but she's already been through something like that with Accelerator and she didn't fall for him.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen