Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-24, 07:40   Link #5421
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Chances are everyone would post the same picture from danbooru though.

& what happens to new pictures in this thread now? They're just going to get lost within all these 'rules' people keep making.
What "rules" are there? Forgive me for trying to make some fun. No one is going to stop you from posting new pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How many non-spoiler Irisviel pictures are there?
Yes... I say we skip Zero-related stuff!
Old 2011-01-24, 07:43   Link #5422
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What "rules" are there? Forgive me for trying to make some fun. No one is going to stop you from posting new pictures.
Eh? Totally taken the wrong way it seems.

People are doing this 'post a picture of a certain character' rule, which means people who don't visit this thread that often are going to be totally lost. That's all i'm getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes... I say we skip Zero-related stuff!
& i don't!
Old 2011-01-24, 07:43   Link #5423
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Nah, it's more of a game of sorts. No rules or anything. Besides, it was only a thought.
Old 2011-01-24, 07:56   Link #5424
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Chances are everyone would post the same picture from danbooru though.
I'd imagine that we'd pick different girls....

Quote:
How many non-spoiler Irisviel pictures are there?
Does it matter? I mean, practically any pic is going to be a spoiler for something (especially ones involving Sakura). You simply can't avoid spoilers on a image thread unless you don't want to be able to post most of the best images.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 08:01   Link #5425
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
You simply can't avoid spoilers on a image thread unless you don't want to be able to post most of the best images.
That's a total lie. There are a huge selection of great fanarts that are none spoilers, and can be found on both danbooru and pixiv.
Old 2011-01-24, 08:13   Link #5426
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
That's a total lie. There are a huge selection of great fanarts that are none spoilers, and can be found on both danbooru and pixiv.
There are some, but it often excludes the best ones, especially if you take a broad enough definition of "spoiler", and even more so if you're interested in characters which aren't covered in enough detail in the anime (which, basically, is anyone but Saber and perhaps Rin...).
Old 2011-01-24, 08:44   Link #5427
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yes it does matter. Any picture which which shows a spoiler from Fate/Zero - Do not want.

There should be enough pictures that don't spoil anything...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 08:51   Link #5428
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
& that's what i'm saying. The best fanarts are not spoilers.
Old 2011-01-24, 10:43   Link #5429
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Not if, for instance, you're a fan of Irisviel, or like pictures which show the entirety of the Emiya family or the Tohsaka family together.

It's not the fact that you're excluding individual pictures that I object to, but the fact that you're excluding entire categories (which just happen to be categories you have no interest in...). Your statement excludes an entire chunk of the fandom from posting any pictures that they might like (or, rather, any pictures of their favourite characters in certain combinations).

Quote:
& that's what i'm saying. The best fanarts are not spoilers.
Spoiler:

If you take that argument far enough, then you basically eliminate every picture that I actually like.
Old 2011-01-24, 10:45   Link #5430
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Spoiler:

If you take that argument far enough, then you basically eliminate every picture that I actually like.
Well, I mean, if you take that argument far enough, you're basically suggesting that any picture that hints at any Servant's identity or which implies any relationship between any two characters is a spoiler. It should be assumed that so long as it doesn't have big blazing letters proclaiming crucial information, it's probably safe. For one of your examples; a picture of Rin and Sakura posing together isn't really a spoiler unless you already know their relationship (Particularly since until you do know their relationship, most people would probably assume, as I did, that Sakura had a crush on Rin. )

And really, isn't that what marked spoiler tags are for?
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 10:55   Link #5431
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Well, I mean, if you take that argument far enough, you're basically suggesting that any picture that hints at any Servant's identity or which implies any relationship between any two characters is a spoiler.
Well, exactly. It's called "reductio ad absurdum"....

Quote:
It should be assumed that so long as it doesn't have big blazing letters proclaiming crucial information, it's probably safe.
Yeah, fair enough. But there are some things (particularly pictures from Zero) that would be very difficult to mis-interpret, and I don't think it's fair to exclude fans of such pictures from posting them just because Shiroth and Haak can't cope with the idea of not reflexively clicking on a spoiler tag without bothering to look at the context first.

Quote:
For one of your examples; a picture of Rin and Sakura posing together isn't really a spoiler unless you already know their relationship (Particularly since until you do know their relationship, most people would probably assume, as I did, that Sakura had a crush on Rin. )
Well, it certainly shows that they have some kind of relationship. And, Rider with Sakura is a much bigger issue there, because the anime shows no reason for people to think they have any connection.

Quote:
And really, isn't that what marked spoiler tags are for?
Yeah, this.

As long as the picture is spoiler-tagged appropriately, I don't see the issue.
Old 2011-01-24, 10:58   Link #5432
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Not if, for instance, you're a fan of Irisviel, or like pictures which show the entirety of the Emiya family or the Tohsaka family together.

It's not the fact that you're excluding individual pictures that I object to, but the fact that you're excluding entire categories (which just happen to be categories you have no interest in...). Your statement excludes an entire chunk of the fandom from posting any pictures that they might like (or, rather, any pictures of their favourite characters in certain combinations).

Spoiler:

Fate/Zero spoilers. Not game spoilers. If you want to take your interpretation of spoiler to such a degree then I don't care. You don't have to take every stance to the extreme. You can do that with just about anything. I have enough faith in other members here to make a more correct judgement on what exactly constitues as a spoiler for Irisviel. And I'm not saying don't post them. I just don't care about them and would prefer them seperate to pictures that don't spoil anything. I don't see what's so unreasonable about that.
Old 2011-01-24, 10:59   Link #5433
GDB

How about, if it's from Zero and isn't information provided in FSN... you just put it in an appropriately titled spoiler box? Seems simple enough to not need all this fervor over.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 11:03   Link #5434
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Yeah but Irisviel isn't directly mentioned in the game so that would be just about every picture of her. I don't want to have to sift through pictures that might spoil events in Fate Zero.

Look. I think it's pretty safe to say everyone knows Irisviel and her background before the start of the 4th Grail War. That's enough.
Old 2011-01-24, 11:11   Link #5435
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Fate/Zero spoilers. Not game spoilers. If you want to take your interpretation of spoiler to such a degree then I don't care. You don't have to take every stance to the extreme. You can do that with just about anything. I have enough faith in other members here to make a more correct judgement on what exactly constitues as a spoiler for Irisviel.
But, just as there are people on here who have not read Zero, there are probably also people on here who have not played the game. Why wouldn't the same stance apply to them?

Quote:
And I'm not saying don't post them. I just don't care about them and would prefer them seperate to pictures that don't spoil anything. I don't see what's so unreasonable about that.
There's nothing unreasonable about that, hence why I suggested using spoiler tags. But, you seemed to be opposing posting them at all.

Quote:
^ Yeah but Irisviel isn't directly mentioned in the game so that would be just about every picture of her. I don't want to have to sift through pictures that might spoil events in Fate Zero.
What pictures of Iri would spoiler events in Zero?

Quote:
Look. I think it's pretty safe to say everyone knows Irisviel and her background before the start of the 4th Grail War. That's enough.
I thought that that was precisely what you were arguing against....
Old 2011-01-24, 11:17   Link #5436
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
But, just as there are people on here who have not read Zero, there are probably also people on here who have not played the game. Why wouldn't the same stance apply to them?
I doubt there is anyone here that hasn't played the game yet and if there are they would've been spoiled a long time a go since a lot of pictures that are obviously game spoilers haven't been under correctly marked spoiler tags for a long while now..

Quote:
There's nothing unreasonable about that, hence why I suggested using spoiler tags. But, you seemed to be opposing posting them at all.
Well I just said I'm not...

Quote:
What pictures of Iri would spoiler events in Zero?

I thought that that was precisely what you were arguing against....

What kind of idiot do you take me for?
Old 2011-01-24, 12:02   Link #5437
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Well, it certainly shows that they have some kind of relationship.
Or, you know, one could just assume that it's artwork of two of the heroines together and not assume there's a connection, if by chance they've never seen the anime or played through the VN. Just because two characters are together in the same image doesn't mean they automatically share a relationship with each other.

Just my two cents.
Old 2011-01-24, 12:04   Link #5438
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Or, you know, one could just assume that it's artwork of two of the heroines together and not assume there's a connection, if by chance they've never seen the anime or played through the VN. Just because two characters are together in the same image doesn't mean they automatically share a relationship with each other.

Just my two cents.
Or, you know, it could just be that the artist felt like putting two how women in the same image.
Old 2011-01-24, 12:05   Link #5439
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Or, you know, it could just be that the artist felt like putting two how women in the same image.
That, too. Like I said, not everyone's going to assume they were put in the same image because they share a relationship.
Old 2011-01-24, 12:07   Link #5440
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This is gone on long enough. It's an image thread, so let's keep it as one.

& on that note, an epic Saber.

Tags
fate/apocrypha, fate/extra, fate/grand order, fate/hollow ataraxia, fate/kaleid liner, fate/stay night, fate/zero, images