AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-24, 09:05   Link #3021
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Destroying the Solar Array would mean he'd have a monopoly on energy production through the use of GN Dirves. I was hoping...there'd be more to it than megalomania and cooporate greed, but it just looks too probable at this point.
The problem with that idea is that the fake GN Drives just don't cut it as a power source outside of a MS with their limited operation time. You'd need the original GN Drives and there's only 5 of them. Not enough for that kind of idea either. Plus they're hard to build so it'd take a long time to manufacture the amount needed. Destroying the solar array just doesn't make sense unless you want to cripple the main powers.
Old 2008-02-24, 09:09   Link #3022
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Considering the strong possiblity of a double-cross, not pursuing the Thrones doesn't make sense to me. The sooner they don't have to depend upon the GN-X, the less likely they'll have to actually pay for recieveing them. In fact, it wouldn't be altogether unreasonable to wipe out the Thrones and leave it at that.

They were willing to tolerate the previous interventions, and were repeatedly shown only to be interested in aquiring the technology behind the Gundams. Stopping them didn't seem to have ever entered their train of thought.

Now, if it were me, destroying the Gundams and aquiring their technology would have been my priorties in that order respectively. What good is the Union if it can't protect my country from Celestial Being period? Of course, I can appreciate the fact repeated failures would reflect badly on my government, but that also didn't really enter into their minds. And it's not like they never had oppurtunities to destroy the Gundams...
Part of the reason they wanted Gundams destroyed NOW, is that the Thrones made CB a true threat to national security rather than being a mere pest that they were in the past. But the other part of the reason is they no longer need to capture the Gundams because they think they already got the tech from their "gift".

The problem is, if there is a critical flaw in the GN-X that they don't know about, should they start to incorperate the GN-X design into their mainstream weapons (or even use replicated faux GN-drives to power both military and civil infrastructure), it would mean the potential Trojans can cause even more harm.

Knowing that, they still wouldn't be able to resist the temptation and not use the technology; after all, they don't know that the GN drives they use aren't the authentic product. The whole point of it all was to gain tech, so they aren't giving it back after defeating the Thrones.
Old 2008-02-24, 09:10   Link #3023
Wesley84

^ I didn't say anything about giving it back. Beat the Thrones, store and study it. If the Meisters show themselves and start acting out of hand, do what must be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
The problem with that idea is that the fake GN Drives just don't cut it as a power source outside of a MS with their limited operation time. You'd need the original GN Drives and there's only 5 of them. Not enough for that kind of idea either. Plus they're hard to build so it'd take a long time to manufacture the amount needed. Destroying the solar array just doesn't make sense unless you want to cripple the main powers.
A finite power source you have 100% control over with no practical alternative. Obviously if we cared about saving lives and preserving the status quo, we wouldn't have started this business in the first place.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 09:44   Link #3024
KiraJesusYamato

Well we know something is hazardous .... about the faux GN drives the X-gundams are using and that its the left over fake technology. one thing we know if they use it main stream them civilians get caught in some accidental explosion or workers ect, soldiers also since who knows.... it will have hazardous effects on the body...

Then we will see an announcement telling hem that was copy cat tech stolen 80 years or the GN drives proto type. Then they will ***** and moan how they were tricked D;.

And there will be birth defects in babies affected having them shoot red particle laser vision.

or just being born deformed..
KiraJesusYamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 12:16   Link #3025
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
^ I didn't say anything about giving it back. Beat the Thrones, store and study it. If the Meisters show themselves and start acting out of hand, do what must be done.
Study it is one thing. But at some stage, they would want to replicate it and put the faux GN drives into everything. Otherwise what's the point of studying it?

The fact is, they don't know the GN drives they've been given are flawed. They genuinely believe these are the real thing, as such whatever mysterious weakness that made them "incomplete" is completely hidden from the scientists.

I am not suggesting that there is some obvious remote-detonation device built into these faux Drives. The blue-prints were handed out to the world powers after all, so the intent was to allow them to build their own Drives. It still don't change the fact that whoever gave out the Drives did it for nothing, which means the Drives themselves must be the trap.
Old 2008-02-24, 12:27   Link #3026
KiraJesusYamato

even a hazardous trap... i knew there was some bad jibe bout that thing... they will get told.. there are 5 gn drives that are real... maybe another or 2 can be made.. since

tieria might need a new gundam or he can use lockons or the kyrios...
KiraJesusYamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 12:33   Link #3027
Wesley84

Has there even been a prescendent for an irreplaceable system on a Gundam?
Old 2008-02-24, 12:59   Link #3028
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Generally, it's the weapon-system, agility, and armor that defines a Gundam above its peers. Gundam 00 went further and made all these things directly linked to GN particle ouput, thus one can argue it is the GN Drive that made 00 Gundams, Gundams.

(The fusion engines of UC also powers the particle weapons. But since everyone had one of those, it wasn't unique.)
Old 2008-02-24, 13:02   Link #3029
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Generally, it's the weapon-system, agility, and armor that defines a Gundam above its peers. Gundam 00 went further and made all these things directly linked to GN particle ouput, thus one can argue it is the GN Drive that made 00 Gundams, Gundams.

(The fusion engines of UC also powers the particle weapons. But since everyone had one of those, it wasn't unique.)
I hope they haven't made the Gundams so precious they'll be reluctant to destroy them.
Old 2008-02-24, 13:53   Link #3030
piccu

Did anyone post these already?
According to 2ch the titles for ep 23-25 are
Quote:
第23話 世界を止めて
第24話 終りなき詩
第25話 刹那
Quick Translation ;D
23. Stopping the World
24. Endless Poem
25. Setsuna

Seeing that the last ep is "Setsuna" makes me believe those rumours;
Setsuna - all alone without his fellow Gundam Meisters ;___;
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 14:03   Link #3031
Terra

It's not like we haven't had any other ep called after one of the meisters. Ep 11 was Allelujah.
Old 2008-02-24, 14:19   Link #3032
piccu

Sure, but having the last ep called after the main character has a totally different impact in my opinion.
As a tribute Sunrise should have named at least one episode "Graham" ;___;
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 15:23   Link #3033
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The combination of corporate greed and megalomania is more than enough reason for 90% of self-made powerful and rich people to become who they are. Baring that, most of what you got left are people who think they are Gods (Gilbert of DESTINY) or people who think they are Devils (Rau of SEED).

And then, we have nut cases like Char in the CCA movie. (Char started out sane, but all that alternate secret identities ended up messing with his head...)
Doesn't the guy run a linear train company which you know, transports stuff into outer space?

While the Solar Arrays provide an energy source they also serve as the world's only possible way of moving into outer space. Destroying the elevators would trap them completely and I doubt they want to go and rebuild the whole thing, especially for this megamanics.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 17:51   Link #3034
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
UC--gundarium armor IIRC.
FC (G Gundam) The only man-piloted MSes *were* Gundams.
AC (Wing)--Gundanium armor.
X--no fucking idea.
Turn A--like dragonball GT, this was a blemish on the franchise. It is irrelevant.
CE--phase shift armor, GG particles (aka Lacus Dust)
G00--GN drives.
Old 2008-02-24, 18:16   Link #3035
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Gundam 00 site update
-UN Forces-
MS:
GN-X GN-X
Head height: 19.0 m
Base weight: 70.4 t
Pilot: UN Forces pilot
"A solar furnace-equipped model of mobile suit manufactured according to data leaked from Celestial Being. The furnace is the same GN Drive[T] as the Gundam Thrones'. Ace pilots were chosen from the three superpowers but, transcending organizational boundaries, they're utilized as 'UN Forces'. They're overwhelming in number and can fight more than evenly with a Gundam."

frm Gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:24   Link #3036
NeonZ

Quote:
In UC, the original Gundam had a Lunar Titanium armor, which made it highly resistant against conventional weaponry, but after the beginning of the original series special armor lost most importance and became rather useless.

In Zeta and ZZ, still UC series, the main suits were equipped with systems which basically let Newtypes perform miracles in extreme circumstances, like creating barriers and giant swords, but those systems also were found in a few enemy, non-Gundam, MS, even of different factions. Same thing goes to the equipment used in CCA.

Victory, the last UC series, had the Minovsky Craft system, which gave the V2 the wings of light, which could act as barriers, electronic jamming, giant beams sabers and powerful thrusters too.

Wing had the Gundanium alloy, as already mentioned, but it wasn't completely restricted to Gundams nor unique.

X had the Satellite System in the protagonist suit, which allowed it to be powered up by a moon station to release stupidly powerful beams and there were the G Bits too, remote controlled mobile suits, though the later were rarely used in the series itself.

Turn-A had regeneration (due to a structure composed by nanomachines) and the Moonlight butterfly, wings of light composed by nanomachines which could destroy technology, act as barriers and even seemingly as thrusters. Considering how most technology had been lost in the Turn-A world, almost everything about it was basically irreplaceable.

Last edited by NeonZ; 2008-02-24 at 19:22.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 19:08   Link #3037
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
UC--gundarium armor IIRC.
Every suit after the Zeta era had Gundarium armor. Like NeonZ said, Gundarium, or Lunar Titanium as originally called, was unique to Gundams only in the first series, and was fairly useless after other suits started getting beam weaponry.
Quote:
FC (G Gundam) The only man-piloted MSes *were* Gundams.
WTF. A number of non-Gundam mobile suits were shown in the series and were "man-piloted" (including Neo-Japan's Zaku and GM ripoffs shown in a few episodes and later in SD Gundam Force)
Gundams in FC are defined by their Gundarium armor, which other suits didn't use.
Quote:
AC (Wing)--Gundanium armor.
Unique to Gundams only in the beginning of the series.
Quote:
X--no fucking idea.
Turn A--like dragonball GT, this was a blemish on the franchise. It is irrelevant.
CE--phase shift armor, GG particles (aka Lacus Dust)
G00--GN drives.
Next time you don't know anything about a subject, please refrain from commenting, lest you be left looking like an idiot. kthxbye.
Old 2008-02-24, 20:08   Link #3038
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccu View Post
Did anyone post these already?
According to 2ch the titles for ep 23-25 are

Quick Translation ;D
23. Stopping the World
24. Endless Poem
25. Setsuna

Seeing that the last ep is "Setsuna" makes me believe those rumours;
Setsuna - all alone without his fellow Gundam Meisters ;___;
There are 5 varients of ep titles being "posted" on 2ch. None of them are from any mag. Officially Gundam Ace's titles for ep23-25 are: Undecided, Undecided and Undecided (Final Episode). :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 23:38   Link #3039
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

About my theory about Alejadro's plans to :-

1. Pitting the Thrones against the Meisters to distract the CB
2. Introducing the GN Drives to the Powers in order for them to eliminate the CB.
3. Taking control over Veda to hold the world in hostage after the Drives becomes the world's main source of power. (Because of the TRIAL System)

Anyone like to make comments whether it does even seem coherent enough ?

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2008-02-25 at 01:24.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 00:46   Link #3040
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
About my theory about Alejadro's plans to :-

1. Pitting the Thrones against the Meisters to distract the CB
2. Introducing the GN Drives to the Powers in order for them to eliminate the CB. 3. Taking control over Veda to hold the world in hostage after the Drives becomes the world's main source of power. (Because of the TRIAL System)

Anyone like to make comments whether it does even seem coherent enough ?
Sounds plausible considering the spoilers be it false or true at any point, from the flow of things have gone. Although if I had to toss something more sinister by reading the summaries of 00F such as

- Thrones demanding the 00F GN Drive to secure one of five GN Drives

- Like you said pitting Thrones, CB, and the world nations against one another.

- Crippling the energy sources (The solar towers) of all major nations, or a majority of them.

- Reclaiming as much GN Drives, and executing the trial system (or even self-destructing them I guess would work) and crippling the military power of those that received the GN-X

- Setting up a new nation / utopia using the GN Drives as power sources (sugarcoat whatever lies to attract and sway the public, making them believe its something miraculous) and attract refugees and integrate the rest of the world under its reign while the rest of the world is in dismay depending on if/and how many solar towers get blown up on addition to the lost of military power and experienced soldiers that were piloting them.

Although I think Alejadro is pretty much a pawn as much as CB and thrones are, and I could guess this would be Veda's "Just as planned" sorta thing

Although I guess that would be a pretty closed ended story for Gundam 00, unless they introduce Setsuna as a redemptive hero (ala token masked man for 00) in the second season going against Veda who used him and his comrades like pawns.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers