AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-29, 15:45   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Claymore Chapter 110

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 110.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2010-11-29, 15:47   Link #2
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Moving spoiler to this thread... Thanks Solace for the thread and thanks Weils for finding and translating the spoiler for us and finally thank you Tom Bombadil for your comments/corrections on the translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Spoilers for next chapter. No way of confirming if it's real but seems plausible. Anyone want to have a go with the translation?

Spoiler for Chapter 110 spoilers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Great post again. Since Weils had the true spoiler for all of the last few chapters, I have great confidence on this one as well. I am just going to add a bit more details. I should warn against taking everything a hundred percent, since it involved quite some dictionary usage and filling the gaps by guessing.

Spoiler for some additions to Weils's translation:
Old 2010-11-29, 16:26   Link #3
elyK

Miria better not be alive.
Old 2010-11-29, 16:29   Link #4
Newhope

She's alive I'd bet money on it.
Old 2010-11-29, 16:31   Link #5
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyK View Post
Miria better not be alive.
Bleep you!

Viva la Miria!
Old 2010-11-29, 16:36   Link #6
elyK

Hey, it was her fault.
Old 2010-11-29, 16:39   Link #7
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Hey, it was her fault.
I just take it as Yagi making Miria momentarily stupid.

Now I wonder if the org has any other trump cards because at the moment they don't stand a chance.
Old 2010-11-29, 16:51   Link #8
elyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
I just take it as Yagi making Miria momentarily stupid.

Now I wonder if the org has any other trump cards because at the moment they don't stand a chance.

Setting IQ's aside, it would be awfully hard to come back from the slice and dice she appeared to receive but you never know. Going off of past history it wouldn't be crazy for someone to say that the organization does have something up their sleeve.
Old 2010-11-29, 16:54   Link #9
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Setting IQ's aside, it would be awfully hard to come back from the slice and dice she appeared to receive but you never know. Going off of past history it wouldn't be crazy for someone to say that the organization does have something up their sleeve.
Speaking of sleeves... lets not forget the other warrior to stay alive after seemingly being cut in half. Irene/Ilena also was gravely injured from a momentary lapse in sanity but survived attacking an Awakened Priscilla head on all cause she likely though Clare was about to get eaten, in the end all she lost an arm but survived the lapse in sanity. So Miria surviving this isn't out of the question... as much as the final page of chapter 107 made it seem she was KIA. (note I'm not saying she is alive and the spoiler is correct, just that it could be case)

Recall the injury Irene got... it appeared Priscilla's sword went clean through Irene. Yet later she was clearly still alive so this wasn't the case as much as the final panel hinted that it was.

Old 2010-11-29, 17:08   Link #10
elyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Speaking of sleeves... lets not forget the other warrior to stay alive after seemingly being cut in half. Irene/Ilena also was gravely injured from a momentary lapse in sanity but survived attacking an Awakened Priscilla head on all cause she likely though Clare was about to get eaten, in the end all she lost an arm but survived the lapse in sanity. So Miria surviving this isn't out of the question... as much as the final page of chapter 107 made it seem she was KIA. (note I'm not saying she is alive and the spoiler is correct, just that it could be case)
True, which is why I decided to throw in the "but you never know". All in all, the whole Miria situation was a bit of a head scratcher on a few levels. This is the first time in a while that I have posted or read anything from here but I am sure it has been discussed to death and I wouldn't want to fuel that fire again. In my quick opinion I would way that the best thing is for her to in fact be dead unless Yagi can really come up with something good to make it all work.
Old 2010-11-29, 17:12   Link #11
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:

Recall the injury Irene got... it appeared Priscilla's sword went clean through Irene. Yet later she was clearly still alive so this wasn't the case as much as the final panel hinted that it was.

Doesn't look like she was cut in half .

I think the worst Claymore injury to date was a tie between Ophelia getting her neck twisted and Deneve getting sliced down her right shoulder by Isley.
Old 2010-11-29, 17:20   Link #12
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Let's not forget the general rule of thumb: never assume somebody is dead until you've seen the body. Until Yagi reveals otherwise, for all we know, Miria could still be alive. The same could be said for Ilena, although in that case, Clare's reaction after Rafael confronts Ilena doesn't leave much wiggle room.
Old 2010-11-29, 17:20   Link #13
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
True, which is why I decided to throw in the "but you never know". All in all, the whole Miria situation was a bit of a head scratcher on a few levels. This is the first time in a while that I have posted or read anything from here but I am sure it has been discussed to death and I wouldn't want to fuel that fire again. In my quick opinion I would way that the best thing is for her to in fact be dead unless Yagi can really come up with something good to make it all work.
While it has been discussed quite a lot... a new a spoiler is a great time to talk about it again, so fire away with you're thoughts on the matter. Hell, it's the last chance to say you're thoughts before Yagi reveals what happened and overrules us all.

One of the best reasons I've heard of while she'll live is it's Yagi's way to get her to step down as leader and have Clare at a later time become the new leader. After all it's her story. Her death isn't necessary for Yagi to do this just her being shown to be unfit to lead is, and her strength may later be really needed if the mainland is about to get involved.
Old 2010-11-29, 17:33   Link #14
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Doesn't look like she was cut in half .

I think the worst Claymore injury to date was a tie between Ophelia getting her neck twisted and Deneve getting sliced down her right shoulder by Isley.
Well, we'll agree to disagree on what it looks like.

As to the worse injury a Claymore got (and didn't die right way from) I was thinking these two where the winners...

Spoiler for size:

or...

Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-11-29, 17:34   Link #15
elyK

Quote:
While it has been discussed quite a lot... a new a spoiler is a great time to talk about it again, so fire away with you're thoughts on the matter. Hell, it's the last chance to say you're thoughts before Yagi reveals what happened and overrules us all.

One of the best reasons I've heard of while she'll live is it's Yagi's way to get her to step down as leader and have Clare at a later time become the new leader. After all it's her story. Her death isn't necessary for Yagi to do this just her being shown to be unfit to lead is, and her strength may later be really needed if the mainland is about to get involved.
That's a hell of a way to get demoted. Clare and the other ladies are currently having a members only get together (it's an elite club) and I don't see her being available for that position and I don't know why she or anyone would want her to be the leader. I know she is strong and only getting stronger but strength doesn't make her a good leader. On top of that, her personality doesn't lend itself to that of a leader though that isn't to say that she won't be there for the rest of the ghosts if need be. Thru all of that babble, I guess I could've said I don't see that happening.
Old 2010-11-29, 17:36   Link #16
hamstar
just passing by

l
Old 2010-11-29, 17:48   Link #17
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
That's a hell of a way to get demoted. Clare and the other ladies are currently having a members only get together (it's an elite club) and I don't see her being available for that position and I don't know why she or anyone would want her to be the leader. I know she is strong and only getting stronger but strength doesn't make her a good leader. On top of that, her personality doesn't lend itself to that of a leader though that isn't to say that she won't be there for the rest of the ghosts if need be. Thru all of that babble, I guess I could've said I don't see that happening.
While in a way I agree... I do see it as possible, Clare also has many prerequisites for the position. She wants nothing more than to kill every last AB and to not have anyone else die while doing it (the perfect balance of commanding the fight and protecting the soldiers). Yet, unlike Miria she's never going to stop another from fighting as long as it's not suicidal for them to do such. She's also just as cleaver and quick to pick up on something external as Miria is. So she can do it... Though I don't see her running the day to day business either only the grand scheme and individual fights. So if she does take the lead it's more likely that she'll let Miria, Deneve, or Galatea run the day to day and only step in when needed. I guess you could say she'd trust the lieutenants.

Another way to argue this is by saying that it was Clare's idea to go to Rabona even though Miria was in command. When she has a plan she'll argue for it until them she'd let things run there course and observe.

Who knows if this will happen though... it wasn't my idea just one that I heard and thought it sounded good at the time.
Old 2010-11-29, 18:42   Link #18
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
I agree with you, clare is more an foot soldier that does not think much and put herself into suicidal missions ( like going straight to lair of an abyssal – twice- cof..cof..stupid…cof…cof). I am not saying that she has no brain but she does not think before hand and is not a leader ( she preferred go all alone in dangerous situations like a lone wolf – the 2 time she went into that abyssal lair)
She is not a leader and making different people only makes the story richer
And yep miria was killed like a stupid. I would say that she became clare for a time but she did not had that yoki power of her…

edit: i mean protagonist armor that it
Old 2010-11-29, 19:40   Link #19
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Well I guess if indeed Miria was alive after all... we did waste a lot of tantrum shouting wtf Yagi and all due to the stupidness of the whole situation... And now that it has come to this (i.e. Miria might be alive) the story would again go back to another dialogue chapter or another attack of org chapter... both of which leaves our dark angel's fate unknown... oh well... I bet when finally Yagi decides to let her out of the cocoon she would blow us away
Old 2010-11-29, 20:20   Link #20
Ulquihorror

I wonder what the other warriors think of audrey now
Closed Thread