AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-02-03, 09:40   Link #1021
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Kajiura Yuki made it clear on her blog that she choose the track titles to be like that. Hopefully that mean we'll see one big soundtrack release with track titles at the end of it.
Old 2009-02-03, 10:42   Link #1022
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

One thing I like about the 5th movie is how the characters are shown as what they are: humans. Stuff like the "Heh?!" moments (so flying books aren't a Clannad-only weapon) give the characters a liveliness that lets me feel, "Hey, they're not from Mars."

And as usual the fight scenes are excellent, though I too feel that the battle with the puppets could have been better animated: even if we ignore the drop in quality for the puppets, it's a bit jarring imho when the lead woman suffers from the same drop herself. Thankfully the latter scenes were not that bad =3.

Surprisingly (to me), the music in this movie was quite subdued; unlike the previous movies, this one doesn't seems to have its own distinctive theme (like track 1 of movies 2 to 4's OSTs).

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 14:44   Link #1023
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
What gets me about the story is that although it typically is very dark and seems complicated at first, it's really not.

Some of the stories can be summed up as "Shiki gets an admirer", "Shiki meets another powerful girl", and in this one, "Shiki lets a boy crash into her pad"
You can sum up literally any story in the world like that. However, that doesn't mean that you're not missing potentially important details while doing so. Furthermore, what you choose to emphasize is entirely subjective. I would've summed it up as "Mage tries to bodyjack Shiki" but its not like your summary isn't also true.

Keep in mind that most of the story would have happened even if Tomoe didn't exist (because of the homeless guy that brought the place to the attention of the police, and therefore Touko, who likely would've sent Shiki to investigate at some point).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 15:04   Link #1024
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Keep in mind that most of the story would have happened even if Tomoe didn't exist (because of the homeless guy that brought the place to the attention of the police, and therefore Touko, who likely would've sent Shiki to investigate at some point).
Not necessarily. Was the door to apartment 405 unlocked before Tomoe left? If not, then the story would not have occurred. However, if it had indeed been unlocked before he left, then yes, the story would still have happened.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 15:20   Link #1025
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Not necessarily. Was the door to apartment 405 unlocked before Tomoe left? If not, then the story would not have occurred. However, if it had indeed been unlocked before he left, then yes, the story would still have happened.
That's true, the door being unlocked was quite important, and that was caused by Tomoe. On the other hand, it wouldn't be hard for the writers to just say that one of the doors just happened to be unlocked. The story could have moved from there.

Importantly, it didn't. Tomoe was a character, and he had his own story in the movie. But you can't seriously say that the story was 100% about him staying at Shiki's house. Both parts of the story are there for a reason, and both parts are aspects of the movie. I'm sure there are more than 2 parts that we could extract. A one sentence summary, while possible, kind of misses the point of storytelling.
Old 2009-02-03, 15:27   Link #1026
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
That's true, the door being unlocked was quite important, and that was caused by Tomoe. On the other hand, it wouldn't be hard for the writers to just say that one of the doors just happened to be unlocked. The story could have moved from there.

Importantly, it didn't. Tomoe was a character, and he had his own story in the movie. But you can't seriously say that the story was 100% about him staying at Shiki's house. Both parts of the story are there for a reason, and both parts are aspects of the movie. I'm sure there are more than 2 parts that we could extract. A one sentence summary, while possible, kind of misses the point of storytelling.
ah the door that tomoe left unlock was the fake apt. The apt with real bodies was already unlock and that was the place the homeless guy found.
Old 2009-02-03, 17:20   Link #1027
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
ah the door that tomoe left unlock was the fake apt. The apt with real bodies was already unlock and that was the place the homeless guy found.
No it wasn't... Unless the camera was playing tricks on us (which it could have, I guess). There wasn't even a cut between Tomoe running out and the homeless guy opening the unlocked door. And since Tomoe was a fake, that was obviously the fake side. Also, the camera showed the bloodless puppet corpses when he found them, not the decayed real corpses. Presumably the reason they seemed alive when he came back with the police was that they rang the doorbell which reset them (which is why Shiki insisted on using the key when she came back with Tomoe).
Old 2009-02-04, 04:11   Link #1028
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Sadly it seems they are all called M-insert number(s)
It kind of bothers me when they don't get more distinct names. Shin Megami Tensei III (PS2 game) also had a fantastic OST, but most of the songs had titles like 'World Map' and 'Boss Battle'.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 07:47   Link #1029
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I don't know about that...

Araya actually set Tomoe up to awaken as he was about to be killed and imprinted him with the "like Shiki" emotion so that he would meet her and ask for help. Tomoe was part of the plot to capture Shiki so most of this story wouldn't have happened without Tomoe.

The problem was the homeless guy wandered in and got the place noticed by the police. This tipped everyone off early that something bad was going on.
Old 2009-02-04, 08:33   Link #1030
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Araya actually set Tomoe up to awaken as he was about to be killed and imprinted him with the "like Shiki" emotion so that he would meet her and ask for help. Tomoe was part of the plot to capture Shiki so most of this story wouldn't have happened without Tomoe.
No, last I checked, Tomoe escaped all on his own.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 11:40   Link #1031
Archer

Tomoe did escape on his own, but Araya decided to reprogram him so that he would bring Shiki to him. This is typical Counter Force interference: Use a seemingly meaningless incident to accomplish a much larger task.

Had Tomoe not escaped, the homeless person would have never been able to access Tomoe's apartment through the open door he left behind and see the dead bodies.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 19:23   Link #1032
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
You know some of the deaths this time around were pretty nasty especially how they added the sounds of crushing skulls guts being ripped out. I had forgotten how gruesome Kara No kyokai could be. When its finished i loved to sit down and marathon the whole thing that could take days though.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:39   Link #1033
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
When its finished i loved to sit down and marathon the whole thing that could take days though.
It would easily just take one day.
Old 2009-02-04, 23:45   Link #1034
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
No, last I checked, Tomoe escaped all on his own.
Yes, he escaped on his own but he may not have awakened on his own. 1:27:20-1:28:03. I think that he was allowed to wake up right before his mother stabbed him with the imprinting in place. If he didn't manage to escape, he would have undergone a reset anyways to try again the next day.

The other times he obviously didn't make it out of the apartment in time prob because he was stabbed in his sleep.
Old 2009-02-05, 09:05   Link #1035
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I do feel sorry for Tomoe. Especially the brain discovery scene.
Old 2009-02-05, 14:47   Link #1036
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The new Willy Wonka!
http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/fafad...d6b9b95e84.jpg
Old 2009-02-05, 14:53   Link #1037
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Tomoe did escape on his own, but Araya decided to reprogram him so that he would bring Shiki to him. This is typical Counter Force interference: Use a seemingly meaningless incident to accomplish a much larger task.

Had Tomoe not escaped, the homeless person would have never been able to access Tomoe's apartment through the open door he left behind and see the dead bodies.
To expand this, the Counter Force actually acts 2 times: the first one is Tomoe escape, the second one is that the robber decide to came and check at Araya's apartment, which eventually goes to Tomoe's room.

In the book, according to Evospace's site, it also said the decision of Touko to settle in this town (accidentally the same town where Araya set up his work shop) is also because of Counter Force influence.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 23:04   Link #1038
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
Can someone plz explain the scene at the end with Tomoe and Shiki? Let me guess. Shiki had the red kimono on which implies that is SHIKI in that scene (which technically died in movie 4), the male personality. So in the end, Tomoe and SHIKI both had common qualities, which are being fake, being/acting like a male, and being a "murderer." Am I right? I don't see how else that scene can come together. It makes sense b/c Tomoe and SHIKI got their existences erased. I hope I'm not completely wrong lol.
Absolutely. That's what I got out of that scene also. Shiki and Tomoe are the reflection of each other. Her walking away from the Tomoe-reflection also signifies that she is ready to discard the male personality and ready to act like a girl. When she asks for Kokuto's keys to his room just reaffirms the notion. Probably, that's why that scene appeared after the end-credit.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 18:34   Link #1039
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Uh, this might be a stupid question, but is anyone willing to explain Counter Force to me?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 18:38   Link #1040
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Uh, this might be a stupid question, but is anyone willing to explain Counter Force to me?
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Heroi...nter_Guardians

Quote:
Also called the Protectors of Balance (抑止の守護者 yokushi no shugosha) or the Beast of Alaya, a special category found within the group of existences known as Heroic Spirits. If a regular Heroic Spirit is someone who became a hero by his own power and is admired for that, then a Guardian is an unknown person who has achieved a great feat due to the assistance of an outside force. They are the ones who have made a pact with the World (in this case Alaya, AKA Arayashiki) and offers his services as a Heroic Spirit after death in exchange for a miracle during his lifetime. While normal Heroic Spirits are a natural phenomenon that just happens to be beneficial to humanity, Counter Guardians are a strictly human phenomenon.
Due their contract with Alaya, these heroes are incorporated as part of humanity’s Counter Force (hence the name Counter Guardians) and are summoned whenever a factor of extinction of mankind is detected. They are the ones who appear on the site of great disasters in order to eliminate the source of that disaster and all those involved, even if the target of elimination are humans themselves. Not bounded by moral values such as good and evil, they exterminate guilty and innocent alike in order to protect those completely unrelated
Those who became heroes by their own power are beyond the reach of Alaya, for they are pseudo-deities whose existence is closer to the level of a planet. Therefore, the Counter Force is limited to only Heroic Spirits who made use of its powers during their lifetime. Also, while a Guardian may become free of the control of the Counter Force by having his legend known and being revered for that, a true Heroic Spirit will not become part of the Counter Force even if his legend is forgotten.
It has been hinted that only Counter Guardians can be summoned to a time period before they became Heroic Spirits.

Tags
action, harem, type moon