AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-08-27, 03:19   Link #321
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirasawakevin9272 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
How... How do you even know that @_@
I'm trying to go by memory, but in the episode where Yui ended up getting soaked in the rain, she did change the strings on Gitah. I'm partially color-blind, so I couldn't really determine the exact color of the ring on the packaging, but I'm pretty sure that she uses the EXL120. If anything, using common sense, one wouldn't need heavy strings to play light pop rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
Hello I'm thinking of getting a bass guitar, though I'm a total noob. I tried to read all the pages of the thread but yeh.. I talked with a friend of mines, who plays guitar and bass guitar and he said I should pay a bit more than my budget of 300-ish for a guitar that I will love. The reason is that often you get what you paid for and since its more expensive, then one would be less inclined to give up playing it. Well, I just got inspired to play bass from k-on.. but that did not really made me want to get a bass guitar. i did look around for some bass solo and i do like the sound a lot.. mainly from metallica XD..

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
-I do plan to change the pickgaurd. $600 US

Mio Base Model Fender Look Alike
It cost 29,800 yen, I asked a proxy buyer the price to obtain it, and he said 40,000 yen (excluding the shipping). i would expect the shipping to be around 5,000 yen at least. Now my japanese is kinda shakey, so feel free to correct me.
-right hand model, comes with soft case, a wrench, and transparent stickers
-its made from "nato wood" so its lighter (but its cheaper wood)
-made in indonesia

Squier Fender Jazz Bass
-theres one that is sunburst color as well, but looks sortve ugly. about $280 US.

Fender Japan JB62 3TS
-i would get this one, but i dont think i can afford it. and im sure american made fenders are as good. about 64,000 yen.

its rather strange that a lot of stores dont carry fender standard jazz in stores.. i really want to try it out =(. my spending budget on just the bass guitar would be up to 600. im also trying to look up amps for $100 US, but my friend says they usually suck and I should go for ones that are $200 at least.

but yeh.. just wanted to see if anyone have some insight on which i should get XD.. other bass guitar suggestions are welcome.
Get a Cort...
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 03:22   Link #322
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Now try to imagine Mio playing that.

I can't quite do it. She's not quite funk enough. Though "Girls in Wonderland" is getting there. As were "Listen!!" and "Go! Go! Manic" to some extent.
Old 2010-08-27, 03:52   Link #323
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Look AT all these Cool looking instrumentals! I want them all!!
this site is really cool, you can hear and see the rarest/most odd interments around the world
http://www.oddmusic.com/gallery/

Spoiler for example:
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 04:30   Link #324
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
I'm trying to go by memory, but in the episode where Yui ended up getting soaked in the rain, she did change the strings on Gitah. I'm partially color-blind, so I couldn't really determine the exact color of the ring on the packaging, but I'm pretty sure that she uses the EXL120. If anything, using common sense, one wouldn't need heavy strings to play light pop rock.

Get a Cort...
Cort's aren't for everybody, I personally hate all their models except one.
The Squier Vintage Modified and the Classic Vibe are great basses for the price and especially for beginners, I played one a year ago and they are absolutely great.

By the way, I got my Bacchus bass yesterday
Old 2010-08-27, 05:02   Link #325
alucard13mm

hmmm Corts look alrite i do see a model or two that seems nice XD..
Old 2010-08-27, 10:07   Link #326
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

They might be nice, but as I said some basses are not for everyone to be exact not a single bass is for everyone, to some the chunky neck of the Precision bass can be the best and for some the thin fast neck of the Jazz would be the best, same goes to different pickup types and a lot of stuff.
Old 2010-08-27, 10:15   Link #327
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
good question im not sure, i'll probably use my Pavilion Dv7-4065dx Entertainment NoteBook and use Sony Sound Forge 10 or Adobe Audition 3.0 as recording Software. What do you use?
I'm your typical Pro Tools guy, hardware I'm using is a Digirack 003+, couple of DIY mic pres, some descent mics, and lots of guitar stuff :P
Computer I'm using is a Dell Quad Core PC, works just fine for PT LE
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 10:32   Link #328
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I think the best way to choose an instrument is to actually go into the store and sit down with one. Might be a little intimidating at first (with all the pros around) but remember, the guys who work there are meant to help you
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 15:53   Link #329
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I think the best way to choose an instrument is to actually go into the store and sit down with one. Might be a little intimidating at first (with all the pros around) but remember, the guys who work there are meant to help you
Not always...
These guys sometimes will "help" you by the means of they are trying to shove some junk for you to buy, the best is your own personal feeling with the instrument and asking some guys in the store or going with your teacher of the instrument or anyone that plays and know it.
Old 2010-08-28, 01:13   Link #330
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
Not always...
These guys sometimes will "help" you by the means of they are trying to shove some junk for you to buy, the best is your own personal feeling with the instrument and asking some guys in the store or going with your teacher of the instrument or anyone that plays and know it.
While there are some guitar shops where the shop assistants are as the way you describe them to be, ultimately, it's usually the really big-name shops (regardless of what country you live in) that are guilty of this. It's the smaller shops that usually go out of their way to genuinely help you out without forcing any products onto you.

Besides, even your guitar-playing friends or your guitar teacher may try and force their own favourite brands onto you...
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 02:10   Link #331
alucard13mm

i went to Sam Ash today to check out the fender basses. pretty helpful, they helped me for like half an hour and i felt kinda bad since i only went there to check out the basses and feel them.
it felt fabulous X_X my right arm was like shaking after i held it. i wasnt sure if it was because it was heavy-ish kinda or the fact that its pretty awesome.

i tried both the fender standard jazz bass ($599 US) and the fender standard precision jazz bass ($549 US) (both mexican made). i do like the jazz bass more, seems more slender at the neck. seems like a costly investment of 600 for bass and 200ish for an amp >.< ..

the sales guy mention that i could get a starter kit or a squier to try for 4 weeks, if i like playing bass i could return it and get a fender and pay difference.. i might try that.

ill probably try Guitar Center this weekend, unless I have to go to san diego to look at housing =(
Old 2010-08-28, 03:22   Link #332
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

By the way, here is my new bass, Japanese made Bacchus, I love it.
Oh and yeah, it's for my birthday which is today

Spoiler for Pictures:

Last edited by Agito Akiyama; 2010-08-28 at 03:35.
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 04:02   Link #333
alucard13mm

oooooh sexy
Old 2010-08-28, 08:12   Link #334
Chocolate Pocky

Quote:

Spoiler for Pictures:
Nice bass~ And happy Birthday
Old 2010-08-28, 08:13   Link #335
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:

Spoiler for Pictures:
oooo.... SHINY!!! Happy B'day BTW.
Old 2010-08-28, 09:04   Link #336
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Thank you guys, it's heart warming that Otakus all over the world with Anime avatars tell me happy B-Day :3!
Old 2010-08-28, 11:48   Link #337
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:

Spoiler for Pictures:
Pretty indeed. And happy birthday
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 20:26   Link #338
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Thank you guys, it's heart warming that Otakus all over the world with Anime avatars tell me happy B-Day :3!
oh.. its nothing lol...

I have a question to ask.... if i wanna record vids (guitar/piano) what would be good recording equipment to use, coz my vid camera is not the best...
(I'm sorry if this doesn't relate...)
Old 2010-08-28, 20:38   Link #339
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirasawakevin9272 View Post
oh.. its nothing lol...

I have a question to ask.... if i wanna record vids (guitar/piano) what would be good recording equipment to use, coz my vid camera is not the best...
(I'm sorry if this doesn't relate...)
Well Im getting this in the mail, and i HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS. Rode NT1-A Microphone. its this bad boy, its a studio Mic---> http://www.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=NT1-A you can still use your video camrea for of cource recording your self playing it with the external Mic

if its too much then get a USB Microphone or Desktop/PC Microphone (Samsung, Logitech,Sony)

USB Microphone
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone
Samson C01U *USB Condenser
Blue SnowBall *USB Condenser
MXL USB

Condenser Microphone
Shure KSM 27
Shure SM86
Samson C03
Audio-Technica AT2020
Audio-Technica AT3035

Desktop/PC Microphone
Altec Lansing PC Mic

Headset Microphone
ALTEC LANSING AHS202i
LOGITECH PREMIUM STEREO HEADSET

Dynamic Microphone
AUDIO TECHNICA LIMITED EDITION ST95 MKII
Shure SM58
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 21:07   Link #340
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Well Im getting this in the mail, and i HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS. Rode NT1-A Microphone. its this bad boy, its a studio Mic---> http://www.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=NT1-A you can still use your video camrea for of cource recording your self playing it with the external Mic

if its too much then get a USB Microphone or Desktop/PC Microphone (Samsung, Logitech,Sony)

USB Microphone
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone
Samson C01U *USB Condenser
Blue SnowBall *USB Condenser
MXL USB

Condenser Microphone
Shure KSM 27
Shure SM86
Samson C03
Audio-Technica AT2020
Audio-Technica AT3035

Desktop/PC Microphone
Altec Lansing PC Mic

Headset Microphone
ALTEC LANSING AHS202i
LOGITECH PREMIUM STEREO HEADSET

Dynamic Microphone
AUDIO TECHNICA LIMITED EDITION ST95 MKII
Shure SM58
Awesome!!! I'll have a look at this when i'm at the music store..(Rode...) =) (I was looking at the vid on the website... and is the acoustic treatment even necessary? )