AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-08, 01:36   Link #81
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I remember that. I really wish Kaoru Chujo would do some of these reports again.
I bugged her to do one of them after she didn't do it for a couple weeks lol, just asked her about this season and this was her reply on my VM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karou Chujo
Today, in terms of posts per hour, the top shows are OreImo (72), Index (207 - both series), Ika Musume (53), Milky Holmes (29), Sore no Otoshimono F (51 - one series, I think), Kami Nomi (18), Soremachi (21), Pokemon (26), Yosuga (20), and Star Driver (28), in that order.

That's the total number of threads so far in parentheses after each show in that list. So interms of overall "popularity," I'd put the shows: OreImo, Index (?), Ika Musume, SoraOto (?), Milky Holmes, Star Driver, Pokemon, SoreMachi, Yosuga, and then KamiNomi.
I'm just hoping it sells around 5-6k per volume since that would be far better than most of Manglobe's recent efforts (Hatchin, Blacksmith.. yes they bombed hard) and over the Manabi line of 3000 by quite a bit.

Sora no Otoshimono has received a second season off selling 5.7k per volume and a movie for that just got announced as well... and it's production values are much higher than most regular anime.

I'm thinking OreNo is going to be massive... like 25-35k per volume... maybe 40...
Old 2010-11-08, 02:28   Link #82
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I bugged her to do one of them after she didn't do it for a couple weeks lol, just asked her about this season and this was her reply on my VM.

I'm just hoping it sells around 5-6k per volume since that would be far better than most of Manglobe's recent efforts (Hatchin, Blacksmith.. yes they bombed hard) and over the Manabi line of 3000 by quite a bit.

Sora no Otoshimono has received a second season off selling 5.7k per volume and a movie for that just got announced as well... and it's production values are much higher than most regular anime.

I'm thinking OreNo is going to be massive... like 25-35k per volume... maybe 40...
That does not sound so good. I hope it was recent result as Oreimo and possibly Ika-chan just aired recently. Hopefully TWGoKs will get a decent post jumps once it airs. I mean Soramachi is underrated as expected, but i thought TWGoK do better than that

PS: out of topic, but who is on your avatar?
Old 2010-11-08, 02:46   Link #83
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
That does not sound so good. I hope it was recent result as Oreimo and possibly Ika-chan just aired recently. Hopefully TWGoKs will get a decent post jumps once it airs. I mean Soramachi is underrated as expected, but i thought TWGoK do better than that
No not a good sign though of course looking back at Karou's summer 2009 version...

New shows
Umineko no Naku koro ni 43
Bakemonogatari 41

One of those two sold under 2k per vol, the other is @ over 75k per volume lol.

New January shows:
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo 24
Chrome-shelled Regios 14

Top two from that Winter season flopped hard.

Still I would like to see more discussion but yaeh if 2ch is an indicator than probably 2-3k.

Quote:
PS: out of topic, but who is on your avatar?
The wonderful Ms Kanoko Watanabe from Star Driver, KIRABOSHI!
Old 2010-11-08, 03:05   Link #84
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No not a good sign though of course looking back at Karou's summer 2009 version...

New shows
Umineko no Naku koro ni 43
Bakemonogatari 41

One of those two sold under 2k per vol, the other is @ over 75k per volume lol.

New January shows:
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo 24
Chrome-shelled Regios 14

Top two from that Winter season flopped hard.

Still I would like to see more discussion but yaeh if 2ch is an indicator than probably 2-3k.
That the TWGOK anime will get much less discussion than other anime series shouldn't come as a surprise, should it? Considering how it's a straight, faithful manga to anime adaptation with very little surprises and less things to talk about.
Old 2010-11-09, 09:11   Link #85
tsunade666

But it's definitely more interesting than the others but I didn't expect it to be that low.
Old 2010-11-11, 02:11   Link #86
Divini
Senpai!

Wow they sure seem to be spending A LOT of time fleshing out Kanon's arc. 2.5 episodes it looks like, which basically equals Ayumi and Mio combined. They added a lot more events than in the manga... it also definitely feels longer.

I guess it's fitting, she does become an important character after all...
Old 2010-11-11, 02:36   Link #87
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Wow they sure seem to be spending A LOT of time fleshing out Kanon's arc. 2.5 episodes it looks like.
I was hoping it would be 2.5 episodes.. capturing god for the final half please!
Old 2010-11-11, 04:34   Link #88
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I think I realized why the anime decided on anime-original content additions and focus on Kanon and Keima's relationship: It seems perfectly suited to guide viewers into the story's Goddess Arc by giving bolder emphasis and background on Kanon and Keima, as opposed to the way the manga handled it. IMHO I saw Kanon's return as a goddess vessel as a shot out of left field, but the anime tries to make it much clearer that there is going to be a deeper relationship between the two of them.

But the problem is this: If the anime decides to do this and give focus on characters that seem a bit unusual, wouldn't that make it obvious to manga readers who exactly will become very much important to the story? If Keima is correct and the last goddesses are in the 5 girls he's narrowed down,focusing on them in the anime almost telegraphs to a manga reader who the correct people are.
Old 2010-11-11, 09:57   Link #89
Shadow5YA

How many eps is this season supposed to be again? Judging from the OP and ED, only Ayumi, Mio, Kanon, and Shiori will be covered. If this season is 12 eps at the least and Shiori also takes 3 eps to capture, there will still be two or so eps left over for filler.
Old 2010-11-11, 11:47   Link #90
tsunade666

their probably be no filler for this. Their are tons of materials.

And I got to agree with if they give more importance on shiori's arc. It's likely hinting its a "hit" for manga readers. But they didn't put much attention on Ayumi and they even shorten it.

I wonder how would the transition of shiori arc would be. I like Shiori
Old 2010-11-11, 15:42   Link #91
Shadow5YA

I didn't mean non-canon anime filler, I mean those non-arc single chapters in the manga.
Old 2010-11-11, 20:20   Link #92
tsunade666

they are already doing that in episode 4. And they even stretch it into 1 episode.
Old 2010-11-12, 00:45   Link #93
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Personally, I've always looked at the capture arcs as the "filler", since the in-between stories are where all the character building and plot development are, and there's never any guarantee we'll see a particular capture target again after her arc, save for the few who naturally stay within the scope of the story.
Old 2010-11-12, 13:20   Link #94
tsunade666

personally, I don't consider anything in it as filler at all. the story of the capture is awesome but the plot development involves in the between stories of the capture. Plus sometimes the captured appear in the new capture arc and they are more adorable when they shown up again.
Old 2010-11-13, 03:01   Link #95
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah, and most "fillers" arc (non-capturing arcs) are slice-of-life on Keima and Elsie, which allows them some character developments

Elsie's cake for example, show us a great deal about Hell
Old 2010-11-13, 03:11   Link #96
tsunade666

the volume 5 omake about Tsukiyo. Makes me think Tsukiyo has a high chance of having a goddess. Her often watching at kami gives signs of her remembering him.
Old 2010-11-14, 12:35   Link #97
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Yeah, and most "fillers" arc (non-capturing arcs) are slice-of-life on Keima and Elsie, which allows them some character developments

Elsie's cake for example, show us a great deal about Hell
And how she loves the firetrucks. Honestly, if Keima finds Elsie depressed again he only needs to take her to some firetrucks and that's all, Elsie is happy again.
Old 2010-11-16, 20:58   Link #98
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
And how she loves the firetrucks. Honestly, if Keima finds Elsie depressed again he only needs to take her to some firetrucks and that's all, Elsie is happy again.
It's funny how stereotypically, girls were seen as pervert if they want to spend time around firefighter stations to look at the guys. But in Elsie case, it's the trucks that she enjoy to look...

And she draw every firetruck model as well. Good girl
Old 2010-11-17, 06:02   Link #99
tsunade666

..... actually when Elsie find firetruck to b attractive in Shiori's arc I find it weird and still now. Well she is cute when she keeps drawing firetruck and the same time using the drawings as memo to keep in track on what she needs to do to improve more.
Old 2010-11-17, 16:06   Link #100
Seihai
スマイリウム

So the next chapter to be animated is called "Coupling with with with with". Eh...?!
Is there such a manga chapter? Either way, any speculations as for what would be featured next?